Patriot Heating & AC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since January 2012

6443 Vista Dr

Shawnee, KS 66218

Patriot Heating & A/C & Plumbing has been serving the KC Metro area for 10 years strong! Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.

01/07/2023

Madison U.

I was having problems with the air flow in my home. Jake came out the very next day after I called. He was punctual and very professional. He offered solutions to my problem and checked my unit. I would highly recommend Jake and his team!

01/03/2022

Audrey A.

We had our thermostat go out right as some terrible cold weather was rolling in, and Jake came out to our house to help us with an inspection and recommendations. Patriot had been out a couple of times previously to help us prolong and repair and we'd been very happy with their service and help. We ended up needing an entirely new HVAC system this time, and Jake gave us the best recommendations for our home's square footage and what our goals and budget were. We were able to not only get the best American Standard furnace, AC and humidifier that we wanted, but also a wireless thermostat and air scrubber. They had been scheduled to come out three days later for install, but ended up squeezing us in after 1 day due to the cold weather rolling in without having to be asked. Mike and Cody did our install, and we couldn't have asked for nicer or more professional people, they did an amazing job. I cannot recommend Patriot Heating & AC enough, they are absolutely honest and wonderful people, tremendous value and excellent quality of work!

Description of Work
New Furnace, AC, Humidifier, Thermostat, Air Scrubber

04/28/2021

john B.

the service was great.. had my furnance back up and running in no time at all...didn't leave a mess cleaned up parts after he was done.. and the tech they sent his name was mike , he was friendly and knew what he was doing.. i would definately call them back again .. this my second time using this company.. and recommend them to my family and friends..

Description of Work
furnanace fan blower motor

03/02/2021

Larry E.

I thought I might have problems getting someone to respond within a reasonable period of time. Jake, the owner of Patriot Heating & Cooling, was immediately accessible, despite the 6:20 AM text/chat. They had a service person at my door by 7:40 that morning. After examining my 25 year old furnace, they told me that they would try to install a very much needed furnace that day, as the temperatures were around zero degrees outside & about 50 degrees inside. They were eventually able to provide me with an appointment time of 2 PM, as they finished with anther customer in my area. They arrived a bit earlier, which was great! I had a new furnace operational in my home by 4 PM, during the extremely cold weather period. All of Patriot staff were friendly, courteous, professional & efficient! I highly recommend them & would use them whenever I have any heating & cooling issues in the future.

Description of Work
Furnace service/replacement

10/20/2020

Ben L.

Professional service, could not be happier with them!

Description of Work
HVAC Service

08/08/2020

Douog H.

I clicked the button requesting a quote and received a call within 30 seconds. Service techs were onsite within an hour, a new A/C compressor was installed, checked out and working within four hours.

Description of Work
Ac install

07/10/2020

john B.

the service was great...the technician knew what he was doing....and service the hvac and didn't try to sell me anything i didn't need..did a really good job of cleaning and makeing sure my unit was working good..

Description of Work
HVAC Service

06/04/2020

Nalin J.

Submitted Angie's List coupon request online. Got a call back within minutes. Set up an appointment for the next day, I believe. The technician showed up on time. He was courteous, did his work diligently, and provided some recommendations on what to watch for when he was done. Everything went well.

Description of Work
AC tune-up

02/05/2020

Roger P.

Mike was prompt, courteous, thorough and detailed. He diagnosed the problem, repaired it, and in less than an hour. Our furnace was installed incorrectly by builder. I highly recommend Patriot. We signed a maintenance agreement.

Description of Work
Furnace quit freezing temps

07/19/2019

Aaron S.

I don’t normally take the time to leave reviews on products/services but I knew after our appointment with Patriot that I had too. Our A/C went out on Monday and of all weeks it of course was scheduled to be about 100 degrees for 5 days straight. My wife and I were panicking wondering how we were going to get through the next couple of days because we believed that we would not be able to get someone here to help repair or replace our unit. We gave a call to Patriot on Tuesday morning and Jake was able to graciously meet us asap. We met at about 9:30 in the morning and you can just tell in the first few seconds that Jake is genuinely nice guy. Which you know is hard to find with this type of work. We looked at our old unit which was about 15 years old and the compressor was going out. We chatted for about an hour going over the options and he was giving me great information on what exactly was going on, his recommendations for getting AC back up running in the house. We decided on going with a brand new unit that was a lot more efficient than the fossil we previously had. They were able to come out that next morning at 7 am to install our system, and that afternoon (which had a heat index of 110) my wife, son and I were sitting comfortably in the living room watching tv. We couldn’t have been happier with the service and friendliness of Patriot Heating and Cooling. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone that we meet.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Replacement

06/20/2019

Fatu W.

Technique arrived on time, even a little early which was great for me. Very pleasant young, took care to use shoes cover in my home which I really appreciated. Service did not take too long, technician reported that only problem with AC was that the motor was nearing it's end and needed to be replaced, but not an emergency. Technician ended up changing the filter for unit, which I thought was a little expensive, but I went ahead and did it anyway. Will used them again.

Description of Work
hired to perform ac check-up and tune up

05/21/2019

Netta T.

All went wonderfully!!!!! Fast, professional. Price reasonable. Selected Patriot over others mostly because THEY LISTENED. They gave me what I wanted/needed without trying to push me into more. Worked with me to make the installation happen as soon as possible. I HIGHLY recommend them!!! I have already bragged to the neighbors about their service & quality of work.

Description of Work
Install A/C

04/25/2019

Benjamin S.

Jake and his team have been servicing our house for 4 years and I couldn’t be more impressed. He doesn’t try to push you for replacements/upgrades and try’s to work within your means. As a fellow vet I know the importance of doing it right the first time and Jake and his team know this as well and provide excellent and honest consultation/work. This year alone we have had to replace our HVAC, water heater and also added a water softener. As noted on their website and as you can see in their response to reviews, they will not always be the cheapest, but they offer a fair price, but more importantly they stand behind the manufacturers they use and also their workmanship. I couldn’t recommend a better company. Thanks Ben

Description of Work
HVAC and Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, water softeners

09/25/2018

Brian P.

Problem was solved. The issue was identified as a failed motor startup assist capacitor. That made sense to me based on the symptoms. However I was very surprised at the price for a replacement capacitor: $295 for what he called an "imported part" and $100 more for a "made-in-the-usa" capacitor. I work in the electronics industry, and both prices seemed way off target to me. Nonetheless I went ahead with the repair. The technician was very polite and professional and also recommended that the condenser fan motor in the unit be replaced, as it was showing signs of age and wear. He quoted a price of $695 for the motor. I thanked him but passed on that, as it seemed really high. Later in the day I did some research, and found the exact replacement capacitor for the unit for sale at $15.25 and the exact replacement fan motor at $174. These are both new items at aftermarket consumer pricing, not wholesale or professional account pricing. I have not quoted these replacements from other HVAC companies, so it could be that anyone would charge as much as Patriot, but it seems over-the-top based on my background and the small amount of research after the repair when I was curious about it. I will probably buy the motor next spring and replace it myself.

Description of Work
A/C compressor in external unit would not start and I called them to come out and diagnose/repair. Good reviews on Angie's List and service areas were the main criteria for me.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the opportunity for Patriot to assist you in your time of need. In regards to pricing, we are an upfront flat rate pricing structured company. I do understand your concern. However, everything we purchase is from local distributors, and they cannot come close to online pricing. The motors however we offer are made in the USA and you cannot buy those online. We do appreciate the opportunity!

07/31/2018

John E.

Called Jake early in the morning today. He came out a few hours later and fixed the problem within an hour. Patriot is the best Heat & AC company I have used during the past 40 years of home ownership. I highly recommend Jake!

Description of Work
Air condition problem

07/23/2018

Brent B.

Everything went extremely well. Jacob (owner) said that he would show up promptly at 7am and should be finished by 1. Him and his master technician Mike showed up right at 7 and was finished around noon. They cleaned up after they where done. Plus the house cooled off pretty quickly afterwards.

Description of Work
Our 17 year old AC went out a week before. Jacob told us that if we wanted to replace the unit he would credit us the cost of parts from our service call. After thinking about it we didn't want the chance of a further failure on such an old system. So we replaced both ac and furnace. We got a new 5 ton 16 seer ac unit and a 95% furnace.

07/20/2018

Todd R.

Our A/C unit went out late on a Saturday night. I called late that evening, and they sent out Mike first thing the next morning - which happened to be Father’s Day. Unfortunately, our unit was a complete loss and we had to buy a new one. Mike explained our options and left us alone for a moment to discuss which direction we wanted to pursue. After making the decision to purchase a new unit Mike was able to get the new unit and install it on a Sunday! We had a Rheem unit installed and it works twice as good as the Trane unit that was originally installed. Jake came by a few days later to make sure everything was running smoothly. If you want to work with an A/C company that you can trust, then look no further than Patriot Heating and Cooling. This is a locally owned company that puts the customer before themselves. Prior to this, we had two other times where the A/C went out on a weekend or a holiday - our timing is always impeccable. Each time prior, we were able to get the issue fixed the same day. We have and will continue to use them for all our heating and cooling needs. Thanks Mike and Jake!

Description of Work
A/C Unit replaced

02/07/2018

Daniel L.

Not sure if it was the machine or the repairs, but would break nearly every month. Felt like I was getting strung along for repeated repairs.

Description of Work
A/C and heating repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience with us. In regards to your situation, we have responded to 3 calls in 2016 within 2hrs. Unfortunately, we cannot predict longevity of Electromechanical equipment. The system was installed from an unknown contractor, and not previously maintained from previous owner. The last service call was 11/10/2016. Although we are not happy with the overall review rating, I Jacob Kenefake (Owner) Enjoyed having you as clients, and will strive to keep that going. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks again, Jacob Kenefake Patriot Heating & A/C Master Technician/Owner

12/16/2017

chris W.

Great. Since exchanger had a lifetime warranty, he checked for me about replacement but warranty only good for original owners For that brand. He gave a great price and guaranteed the warranty for new furnace will transfer to new owners if we sell house. Made some suggestions about how to install humidifier. Also great options with financing through Arvest bank and his relationship. Saved us money and easy to do. Installed within 4 days after I gave him the go a head. Great work and even got a long with our skittish dog.

Description of Work
Furnace had rusted heat exchanger and leaking CO. Replaced furnace

12/05/2017

Kristen K.

Jake was great to work with, I had to change my appointment date and time and he was very good about getting it rescheduled. The gentleman that came to perform the tune-up was very thorough, walked me through a lot of things on my furnace and talked to me about things that I need to keep an eye. Overall a great experience and I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal through Angie's List for a furnace tune-up.

10/20/2017

Mary ann C.

Perfect, trust them with my key. Honest and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Semi annual check

10/20/2017

Michelle D.

I called and someone came out very quickly and gave me a quote that was much more reasonable than the other two companies that provided quotes. The work was great, the owner followed up to make sure we were happy with the service. They also track and schedule maintenance appointments so I don't have to worry about it.

Description of Work
We needed a furnace replaced.

10/14/2017

Jeni S.

Patriot installed all new units (just had a warranty inspection on our unit this morning, after having everything installed at the start of summer), for a good price. We heard about Patriot from a contractor friend of ours, and have not been disappointed.

Description of Work
We found our AC was failing, and upon Jake from Patriot visiting, we found our furnace was not only failing, but unsafe.

10/11/2017

Amy B.

They were great. They came first thing in the morning and we're effienct and friendly. Every worker I have encountered at Patriot is so helpful!

Description of Work
I have called Patriot numerous times for help. They have always been friendly, professional, and efficient. I feel that they are a very honest company. In fact, they have suggested doing an alternative service which ended up saving me money!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, small appliance repair, water heater repair

09/28/2017

Randy P.

Jake (the owner) placed an entirely new unit at our home, to provide same-day service, as it was quite hot outside, and our daughter is on chemo, and not feeling all that well. He paid for this out of his own pocket, stating that he would sell the other unit once the compressor was delivered to a builder at a discount. Wow! On a 1-10 I'd give the tag team of Jake and Mike an "11!" Very impressed with how they both showed up with same-day service and "knocked it out of the park!'

Description of Work
We had Mike, one of the lead technicians install a new a/c unit about a year ago. Three weeks prior to the one-year labor warranty expiring, the compressor went out. This was due to the coil on the furnace being bad. The day was hot, and securing a new compressor would take 24 hours.

Atlantis Drainage Solutions

Atlantis Drainage Solutions was incorporated in 1997. The President, Ken Banks, was previously employed with a local foundation repair company for 6 1/2 years before starting his own company. It was his belief based on personal experience, as well as professional engineer statements, that the majority (85%) of wet basements could be made dry or maintained dry by improving and managing the water run-off (drainage) around the structure. Therefore our motto became, We Correct the Cause Not the Symptom!

Kevin Ginnings Plumbing Service

Your safety is our PRIORITY! Safety measures are in place to continue maintaining the sanitation of your home. Since 1985, we have been certified contractors providing professional and prompt service for all your residential needs. We offer an array of services for your home including; drain cleaning, water heater installation, and sump pump repair. Our skilled technicians will always provide exceptional results and guaranteed craftsmanship. All of our professional staff are uniformed and will arrive on time to any scheduled appointment. Our approach in business is very simple: we listen to the people of the community because we are the community. Each one of our team members lives locally and know what matters most to you. Let our knowledge and experience work for you and schedule an appointment now. Additional Phone Numbers: Midtown 816-822-8881 & Johnson County 913-381-8019.

Offers Coupon

Andy's Pipe Dream

Andy's Pipe Dream is a family owned and operated plumbing, heating and cooling business located in Lenexa, Kansas, and serving the entire Kansas City metro area. Started in 2003, by Andy Alexander, we strive to give our customers something they have never seen. Polite customer care with a focus on helping people. Every business is designed to make a profit, but we choose to do it in an honest and caring way. Backed by over 28+ years of experience in all aspects of plumbing, heating and cooling. Andy is an expert at solving your plumbing needs. So the next time you need a help please call and ask for Andy.

2022 Super Service Award

2018-6401
    Johnson County Kansas
    Johnson County Contractor Licensing
    01/01/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Heating A/C, Maintenance, Repair, Installation, Indoor Air Quality & Plumbing

Drain Cleaning