ADT Authorized Dealer Smart Squad Security

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2013

12460 W 62nd Terr

Shawnee, KS 66216

Direct Security Services formed in 1998 and has ranked in the top 20 of all ADT dealers (of 350 to 500 perpetually) each and every year of existence. Direct Security Services has on 5 different occasions been asked to participate as part of ADT’s elite Dealer Advisory Board which is now simply known as the President’s Club; where the input of dealers has positively, year after year guided the Authorized Dealer Program to perpetual success even as similar Dealer Programs have come and gone....

05/07/2019

Daniel N.

The installation team really went above and beyond to install my system. Will recommend to everyone I know. Wish I could give an A++ rating.

Description of Work
Alarm system installed

Category home security systems

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you are happy with the system. Let me know if you ever have any questions.

04/11/2019

Molly M.

Tyson is great! This is my second home using him to set up and install my security system. He takes the time to really explore all options and figure out what fits your needs the best. We ended up getting a brand new piece of equipment because it had everything I needed. While tweaking the system I called him on a Friday at 5 pm and he worked with me for almost 2 hours to get just the right system up and running partly because this has all the bells and whistles and nothing on the market compares to this new system. Hands down impressed with not only their knowledge but the efficiency of set up with his team of installers. Would recommend to everyone and I do already.

Description of Work
Moved and needed new security set up.

Category home security systems

Thank you for the positive review. Let me know if you ever have any questions.

07/13/2018

Sharon K.

I needed a security system for my home, and was referred to Tyson. He showed up on time, answered all my questions, and helped me choose what equipment I needed. Overall, very pleased

Description of Work
Install new security system

Category home security systems

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Let me know if you ever have any questions regarding the security system.

10/15/2017

cristin W.

Installation was prompt. The technician was nice and was concerned with keeping our home clean during installation - which I appreciated. And the system itself was explained very well, is easy to use and works well.

Description of Work
We had a new security system installed.

Category home security systems

Thank you for the positive review. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

04/07/2017

Lois B.

Very good. Tyson explained the equipment and options. I opted for a system that was a little more expensive at installation but had lower monthy monitoring charges. Because I receive shipments on a regular basis I needed a way to confirm delivery. We looked at several options which can be added at any time.

Description of Work
Security system for a house.

Category home security systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to give me a positive review. If you have any questions, feel free to call me anytime. Just to let you know, I have been using the Norwex products I got from you, and like them very much.

12/29/2016

Rachel B.

We worked with Tyson to install a new security system in our recently purchased home in Fairway KS. Tyson was quick to respond to our initial inquiry and was at our house the same day to go over options. He didn't try to up-sell and helped guide us to the best security option for us. The turnaround for installation was <48 hours and the installation process was seamless. We'd definitely work with Tyson again.

Description of Work
New security system installation

Category home security systems

Thank you for the review and congratulations on your new home. Let me know if you ever need anything

12/12/2016

Marsha A.

Schurz, he is a senior territorial manager for ADT. Very prompt, very conscientious, his follow through on some things was excellent and my system has worked very, very well. I just feel like overall, I got a very good system for a reasonable amount of money and I feel like his promptness and interest was particularly noted. He has a gold award from Angie’s List 2015.

Description of Work
I had a whole house security system installed.

Category home security systems

Thank you for the kind review. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, just let me know.

10/11/2016

peter A.

He did a great job. We would use him again

Description of Work
Sold me an alarm

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review, and let me know if you ever need anything.

10/07/2016

Nick T.

They did a great job. Showed up on time, were very courteous and fixed the problem for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
They replaced a part on my security system.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review. If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know.

08/09/2016

Marie S.

The sales representative and the installer where both very proffesional and made sure that my house was well secured.

Description of Work
They installed a home alarm system that allows me to arm or disarm my alarm system over my cell phone.

03/11/2016

tom J.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review, & feel free to call us with any questions.

02/13/2016

Brenda S.

Process went very smoothly. Since we are new to alarm systems, Tyson thoroughly explained our options and how the system works. Installation was extremely timely. Shane, the installer was very professional and patient with us as we learned to use the system. Overall, extremely happy.

Description of Work
Installed a wireless alarm system.

Category home security systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your feedback. Im glad your experience with the security system has been a good one. Feel free to call me with any questions

02/05/2016

Bob M.

Tyson and Shane went out of their way to accommodate us and answer all our questions. This is the first security system we've had and they were excellent! Recommend service excellence award.

Description of Work
Installation of new security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your positive review. I'm glad that you are happy with the system, especially since you never have had one before. I'm sure you already have, but remember to let your homeowner's insurance company know about the system. Feel free to call me on my cell phone if you ever have any questions.

01/29/2016

Sandra H.

Description of Work
3 doors, 4 windows, 1 unit in dining room, 1 keypad, wireless connect.

09/14/2015

Janet H.

great. Very reliable, explained everything thoroughly.

Description of Work
alarm system install

09/04/2015

Rebecca S.

Description of Work
No issues, everyone was helpful, answers all questions. Gave great training on how to use the alarm (police have not shown up yet!). Only issue was waiting all morning (yes I had a morning appointment). I was hoping I would be first appointment of the day. Installer arrived around 10:30.

04/23/2015

Judith S.

Category home security systems

Thank you for posting a review.

04/10/2015

Scott H.

I was expecting to be nickel and dimed over the system and thought that I was going to have to write a sizable check for not only the security system but also for the monitoring. I was surprised on both accounts. The install and security system was free for a comprehensive system and the monthly fee was affordable despite upgrading to the 3g and wireless system.

Description of Work
The provider gave my house a thorough security evaluation and offered a variety of options to choose from. After the security evaluation a technician came and installed the system quickly and was very knowledgeable.

Category home security systems

Thank you [member name removed] for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing Direct Security to help you take care of your security needs.

03/18/2015

Leigh Ann B.

Tyson was prompt and thorough. His expertise was obvious. We have not had a home security system, so we needed a basic education about the components, etc. He explained things to us carefully and patiently. Several providers contacted us or came to our door after we moved in. Tyson seemed to the most professional and most concerned with getting things right. We would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Tyson evaluated the older security system in the home we recently moved into, updated it to our specifications, and established monthly service for us with ADT Security.

Category home security systems

Thank you for the kind response. I hope you are enjoying your new home, and feel free to call me with any questions.

03/17/2015

WAYNE P.

I was pleased. The sales representative answered my questions clearly; laid everything out pretty well so I have no complaints with that service.

Description of Work
We did get the alarm through ADT for our home.

01/20/2015

Marc K.

The workers were excellent. They were right on time. I would recommend them to friends and family they are reliable.

Description of Work
They came out and upgraded our security system.

03/29/2014

alice H.

tyson was extremely helpful in assessing our needs and goals for a security system. he sent a tech within a few days who was able to complete the order in a timely and courteous manner. everything was installed and functioned as promised. we were very pleased and would certainly recommend tyson to anyone on angie's list who is interested in a security system

Description of Work
activate older alarm system and integrated it with new wireless sensors.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your kind response. Integrating your previous system with some of our new equipment worked out great. Please let me know if you ever have any questions.

10/03/2013

DEBBIE S.

My experience with ADT Authorized Dealer Direct Security was great! Tyson was very responsive to my needs and had Shane out checking my system within just a few days. Shane was great explaining how the system worked including Pet Alley with my two dogs. The price was right too! I would highly recommend calling Tyson.

Description of Work
Checked sensors and activated alarm system

Category home security systems

Thank you for your comment. Let me know if you ever need any assistance.

06/22/2013

Mary S.

Tyson was extremely responsive by email, which really helped with my busy schedule since I couldn't find much time to give him a call. He set an appointment for a walk through of our home and was very flexible. He came over based on our schedule and made great suggestions. He also went over their services, how they tie in to ADT, equipment options, billing options, etc. He again worked with our schedule to set up the installation. The tech came out exactly on time. He was very quick on the install without sparing any quality. He was very considerate to let me know when the alarm would engage and the siren would sound while he we setting it up. He also made sure I was happy with the location for all the equipment. Afterward, he gave me a thorough system walk through and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend them for your install. I have read that some have issues with ADTs customer service, but Tyson reassured me that he would always be available to help if I have any issues with ADTs call center. You will be glad you chose DSSI!

Description of Work
Installed security panel, smoke alarm, motion detector, and replaced old door contacts

Category home security systems

Thank you for your positive response. I will be sure to let the tech know you were happy with his work. Feel free to call me if you ever have any questions.

01/19/2013

JOHN L.

Everything went smooth as advertised. I had a problem with another security firm and Tyson (My ADT Rep) would not degrade his competitor at all. He told me about his product and what it will do. I'm looking forward to the service. So far so good. Bottom line. I wanted to secure my home. I think I've done that. Great work by the installer also. He gave me options on the placement of my security devices and explained their functions. Thanks ADT

Description of Work
(Had home security system installed) When it comes to service I want 3 things. (1) The service to perform as advertised. (2) A fair price. (3) The Rep has Good Knowledge of the product or service I am purchasing. I am happy to say that I received all 3 with my Authorized Dealer for ADT.

Category home security systems,home automation

Thank you for your kind response. If you ever have any questions, feel free to call the office or my cell phone directly.

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi
    Get Connect Tech

Providing complete IT, Network, WiFi, Audio/Visual, Television Mounting, Cable Management, Telephone, Cabling, Smart Home, Computer and Laptop Maintenance, Exterior Home Lighting and handyman services for homeowners and businesses.

SafeStreets - ADT Authorized Provider

Promo Offer: FREE Standard Security System + FREE Outdoor HD Camera + FREE $100 Visa Giftcard w/installation fee & monthly monitoring agreement. For 140 years, ADT has been the leading home security provider in the country. SafeStreets, ADT's Authorized Provider, sells and installs ADT-monitored home security systems. Our team consists of 300+ trained consultants, covering more than 90% of the United States across 44 states. We are experts on the latest smart-home technology, and highly focused on giving all customers a 5-Star Experience™. SafeStreets is committed to bringing high-tech security equipment, backed by 24/7 professional monitoring, to the place that matters most - your home. We have same day and next day appointments available, all scheduled within a one hour window. Call us anytime for a custom home security assessment and free quote! Comprehensive Security System ADT 24/7 Monitoring Touch Screen Control Panel Motion Detectors, Glass Break Sensors, & Point-of-Entry Sensors Indoor, Outdoor, & Doorbell Cameras Smart Home Automation Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, & Flood Sensors Mobile App Control Cellular Connection Back-up Battery Supply Maintenance/Extended Warranty Homeowners Insurance Certificate Theft Protection Guarantee

1332885 authorized dealer #

Residential and Commercial security systems, including home automation. Receive a FREE home security system with purchase of monitoring service at $33.99 per month. Instead of getting a set equipment package, we customize the system to fit your specific needs. Hardwire and wireless systems available. No home phone required. Burglary, Police, Fire, Medical, Ambush, and Carbon Monoxide protection. Save up to 20% on home insurance. $99 installation(we reimburse this with a $100 Visa gift card)