Richard Clayton Barrett, ASLA

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2009

Landscape Design and Consulting. Licensed Landscape Architect/Owner operated. 40+ Years experience in all types of Design; Planting Design, Hardscape, Pools, Fountains, Decks, Outdoor Living, Landscape Lighting, and the BEST contacts for subcontractor installation. I charge by the hour for my services. No additional travel or service charges throughout the KC Metro Area. Contact me by Phone, email or my Website. Regular host on the Toby Tobin Show on Saturday mornings....

Knight Lighter

Knight Lighter

Located in Overland Park, Knight Lighter provides many years of outdoor lighting design and installation experience to the Kansas City Metropolitan area. Our primary goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations in service, quality materials and design. We are owner operated and focused on building a long-term successful business relationship with our customers.

04/28/2020

Rick Barret is the best at his job and very knowledgeable in his field would highly recommend him for any landscaping designs and plant selection

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,architect

09/16/2016

Rick was timely, very professional, great ideas, and affordable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscape Architectual plans for our home.

11/18/2015

08/03/2015

We have had bad experiences with two previous people who were reportedly landscape experts. We were very disappointed with their knowledge of plants and work performed. Richard, on the other hand, repeatedly returned our emails and phone calls promptly. His landscape plan was exactly what we wanted--beautiful low maintenance plants that do well. He coordinated a visit with his landscape contractor...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Submitted a landscape plan for our yard. Coordinated meeting with landscape contractor to complete the job

11/19/2012

Richard seemed to be very competent. We didn't communicate very well at first, but it was mutual, not totally his fault. In the end, things worked out OK. Be sure you are very clear about what you want, and ask questions. He is honest and well-intentioned, very knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping proposal

CATEGORY landscaping

Landscape Architectural Design & Consulting including installation subcontracting.

I do not sell plants or have installers under my employ. I do offer both services as an add to my Design Service.