Residential Solutions

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2007

Residential solutions has been locally owned and operated since 2006. We specialize in interior and exterior painting. We also handle deck and fence staining which includes detail power washing prior to the stain application. We handle all types of wood rot / wood repairs; including basic trim boards, siding replacement, and windowsill replacement. Owned by Craig Anderson and Coby Feris, residential solutions offers great services at an affordable price. We use only the very best products available on the market. Our paint products offered through Sherwin-Williams either have a 25 year warranty SuperPaint, or a lifetime guaranteed duration paint. The paint choices are completely up to customer discretion. Whether Residential Solutions is painting your home, repairing all types of wood rot, or staining your deck and fence put your trust in us. With a combined 16 years experience we are more than capable of handling all of your homes needs. We offer a five year warranty on all of our painting, and a two year warranty on all staining projects. Throughout the last seven years we pride ourselves in our efforts to please customers. We have received numerous awards including the most recent, Angie’s list award for 2012 contractors of the year. We are also members of Home Advisor. Feel free to take advantage of all discounts offered through Angie’s list, and Home Adviser. Please feel free to friend us on Facebook. This will allow you as a consumer to take advantage of any and all discounts and coupons that we offer monthly. Additional email - info@residentialsolutionskc.com....

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

house painting (79)deck cleaning (27)pressure washing (23)interior painting (12)siding companies (4)cabinet makers (4)woodworking (3)cabinet refacing (2)hardwood floors (2)chimney repair (1)drywall (1)tile installation (1)

07/16/2022

Julie J.

I appreciated the excellent communication from Craig. The crew leader spoke excellent English making it easier for me. I appreciated the walk through once the job was completed and that the crew was present and ready to do any touch ups. Overall it went very well.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

06/29/2022

Don H.

Great! Residential Solutions percformed outstanding work and great results for BOTH decks attached to my home

Description of Work
Deck Powerwash and Deck Stain - 2 Decks

Category custom cabinets, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Review for Residential Solutions - 7735 W 145th Terrace, Overland Park, KS - 39782748

12/27/2021

Pamela P.

Craig was very friendly & responsive to getting a bid prepared and all follow up calls. I was very happy with all of the crew members. They did excellent work from start to finish. The deck looks great!

Description of Work
Deck power washed & stained

Category custom cabinets, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

08/18/2021

Van B.

Job went great, they showed up on time, they were very detailed and the communication was awesome! Lived the finished product.

Description of Work
Deck stained and Patio sealed

Category custom cabinets, house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

02/02/2021

Norman C.

Excellent work, fair price and ethical behavior. I highly recommend Craig Anderson and Residential Solutions. Best painting contracting experience we have had in 40 years of home ownership.

Description of Work
Deck, indoor and exterior painting

Category custom cabinets, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

10/11/2020

Darene S.

Arrived at 8:30 and completed shortly after noon. Team of 2 people. they contacted us on a Tuesday and the work was completed the next day.

Description of Work
Deck staining only

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/22/2020

Georgia F.

Amazing!!! From the initial inspection to the completed project the team was helpful, supportive & so efficient. We had boards replaced, the house power washed & painted. At the end of the 2nd day our house Project was complete and looked like a new house. Also the team was so professional and enjoyable to have at our home. Great work ethic & teamwork resulted in our home looking beautiful. This team will be our go to for whatever comes up next!!

Description of Work
Wood rot repair, power wash & painting.

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

04/17/2020

Mike H.

Fantastic work!! All repairs to rotten wood or missing wood from previous owners in one day. It took 2 days to strip off all varnish and old stain to the original boards, sand smooth, restain and polyurethane 800 square ft. Floors look amazing and could not be happier with the work done. Great job Coby, Craig, Rob B, and crew.

Description of Work
Needed to refinish hardwood floors. Repairs were needed to floor prior to getting the refinish work completed.

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

04/12/2020

Larry B.

Very well! Throughout the project, Craig kept me informed of the progress and prior to any add'l costs, he shared the estimate with us for approval. The crew was very diligent in their work and continued to look for areas that required repair rather than just painting over them. At the conclusion of the 3 day project, Craig conducted a full review of the job where he identified several minor followup items. His attention to detail and ensuring customer satisfaction was very much appreciated. A definite "yes" for recommendation.

Description of Work
Exterior Wood Rot Repair and Painting

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

11/10/2019

BRIAN R.

We recently hired Residential Solutions to repaint the exterior of our home. There was extensive repair work needed to the wood and siding. Everything had to be sealed prior to painting. Craig Anderson's team of professionals did an absolutely fantastic job. He takes pride in his company and it was obvious in the service provided. Jose and his crew were efficient, worked quickly, and were very respectful of our home and our requests. The price was very reasonable. We've lived in this house since 1996 and it has NEVER LOOKED BETTER! I highly recommend Residential Solutions.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

10/23/2019

Carol H.

Excellent! They arrived when scheduled, always replied to phone calls, did outstanding work, clean-up work area every day, and completed the job within the agreed upon time. Our house looks beautiful!

Description of Work
The exterior of our house needed repair/replacement and painting.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

10/17/2019

Dale M.

Great! The work was done in 4 days, which was a surprise, as we had a lot of wood rot that needed to be repaired. When we had a question, or we saw something we thought needed to be taken care of, Craig answered all of our calls/texts promptly, and took care of the problem. His quote was very reasonable, and our house looks wonderful.

Description of Work
We had the exterior of our house painted, with a great deal of wood rot that needed to be repaired.

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

07/06/2019

Roger C.

I selected 4 top Angie's List companies for bids. One company was over 50% higher than the next highest bid. I liked their process but the owner wouldn't budge at all on price even though everything else in the estimate seemed similar to the other companies I considered so I eliminated the high bid. The other 3 companies were all within a $1,000 range, with Residential Solutions in the middle after applying an Angie's List discount. I had some siding pieces on the chimney that needed replaced, as well as quite a bit of wood trim on the back and sides, and some wood rot around a front window. Also some skirting needed on several areas of siding were it was getting a bit worn around the bottom. Craig at Residential Solutions did a thorough job walking me around the house pointing out all the areas needing attention and how they would approach it. He indicated if they came across other areas needing minor repairs as they got into the work they would just take care of that too but if there is anything significant they uncover beyond the estimate he would let me know first. Craig wrote up the estimate immediately afterwards in his truck and then walked me through it (the other companies emailed their bids to me a day to a week later). Of the three remaining companies, I felt best about Residential Solutions approach. I got the estimate mid May with a late June targeted start (there was significant rain all through May and parts of June. They power washed everything Wednesday the 19th of June then following a couple days of rain, the painting started Monday the 24th. A crew of 6 worked diligently from 9:30 to 7pm. There was another piece of siding that needed replaced and wood rot around the front window was more extensive underneath after they go into it. I agreed to an additional $500 to cover these. They had all the wood work and extensive chalking done that first day. They were back at it the next morning, painting at 6:30am and were finished by mid afternoon. They walked me around the house, touched up a few minor spots they noticed. Craig stopped in several times during the process, brought additional supplies and made sure I was satisfied before calling it done. Omar, who led the crew told me to contact Craig if I notice anything at all and he would come out and tend to it. Overall, I was very pleased with the work, the attention to detail and cleanup each day. The crew were all friendly and hard working. The house looks great and I feel like I made a great choice with Residential Solutions. Would definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Exterior painting with some wood repairs

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

04/15/2019

Mark S.

To say we are extremely pleased with the work done by Residential Solutions is an understatement. When we met with Craig Anderson, we had a long list of work that needed to be done to the exterior. Involved was replacing all wood rot with PVC trim, adding decorative fish scale trim at the peaks on the back of the house, replacing the front porch ceiling, apply sealer to the brick chimney and a full 4 color exterior paint job. Our project was more unusual since we have a steel roof that the crew had to partially dismantle from each gable in order to replace and paint the fascia. Craig was always looking for ways to help our budget. One of which, he suggested saving over $300 per sheet of siding in multiple spots that only showed wood rot along the bottom edge. He suggested adding a skirt board to the bottom of the siding to cover and protect the bottom edge. After it was done, this less expensive step actually made the siding on the house look more impressive and “finished” than when it was new! Craig's crew, led by Omar, also did an outstanding job! Omar and crew were very responsive and extremely patient with our requests and any additional work that came up during this large project. They truly made us feel like they wanted us to be thoroughly happy with the end result. Omar and crew were always prompt to arrive in the morning and often worked into the evening, including Saturdays. The crew always left each day by picking up and organizing the work site. They always paid great attention to detail. This was apparent even at the end the project during our a final walk around when they began flagging areas for touch up that we missed on our own inspection the day before! Without hesitation, we highly recommend Residential Solutions for your exterior wood rot replacement and painting.

Description of Work
Replace all exterior wood rot with PVC. Complete exterior paint with accents.

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2019

Review for Residential Solutions - 7735 W 145th Terrace, Overland Park, KS - 37867624

11/09/2018

Julie B.

We had work done regarding our extensive wood rot. We needed several boards replaced and some exterior painting. Craig definitely took care of us above and beyond. Would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Wood Rot repair

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

10/28/2018

Bryan M.

Overall a very good experience for full house repaint plus pergola staining project. Coby was easy to work with and we were in regular communications throughout the job. Adrian did an excellent job on the prep and painting and they addressed all of my concerns as the job progressed. Added scope items were handled fairly. Very pleased with the end results!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Staining

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

09/12/2018

Gregg S.

Residential Solutions painted our house, and repaired significant wood rot, in July of 2018 and did a great job. I chose Residential Solutions after reading reviews and receiving a very competitive bid from them. Craig communicated with me before and throughout the project so that I knew exactly what the schedule would be. The crew was polite, professional and showed up to the house exactly when they said they would. After completion, I went over the house with a fine toothed comb and found some minor things that were missed. Craig got the crew back out within two days and fixed everything perfectly. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

Review for Residential Solutions - 7735 W 145th Terrace, Overland Park, KS - 37394332

06/15/2018

Laura K.

Awesome. They were on time and professional and the deck looks great

Description of Work
Stain large elevated deck with pergola

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

04/25/2018

Joseph R.

I could not be more pleased with the work that his company completed. The attention to detail was outstanding and they completed the project in half the time I thought it would take them. Craig was great to work with and the crew was very friendly and worked their tails off. And to top it off their price was well below other quotes I received from competitors. Hire this company if you want your house to look the best in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Extensive wood rot repair and painting

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

Review for Residential Solutions - 7735 W 145th Terrace, Overland Park, KS - 37012154

04/13/2018

Donald L.

Craig provided a detailed estimate for repair of wood rot and painting of the house that was very competitive. Communicated regularly on timeline and progress of project as we worked around the weather issues. The prep work;pressure washing, woodrot repair, caulking, taping; was excellent and only exceeded by the quality and detail of the painting. Will certainly use again when the need arises

Description of Work
House painting

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

04/11/2018

KATE F.

Residential Solutions did a great job painting our house. Craig was very professional and kept in touch frequently throughout the job. His painters were very friendly as well and spoke to me about a few items throughout the job to keep me informed. Any punch list items after our walk through were followed up with very promptly and saw through to completion. Priced very competitively and would definitely recommend to anyone needed exterior house painting.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

12/19/2017

Jill V.

Great! We have hired them for our exterior paint job in June '17 and they did such a great job we used them again for our interior work. As before, Craig and his crew arrived as agreed and fixed some drywall issues and removed popcorn texture off our 14ft ceiling and replaced it with a newer texturing that looked amazing. Only took them 2 days! No surprises with this contractor. You will not be disappointed hiring Residential Solutions.

Description of Work
Living room ceiling painted

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

12/04/2017

Barb D.

Were efficient and did a great job preparing and painting our house.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of our house and also did some staining and sealing of a deck area.

Category deck cleaning, house painters