Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

9515 W 93rd St

Overland Park, KS 66212

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives is North America’s leading outdoor lighting company. We specialize is creating stunning and effective outdoor, landscape and architectural lighting systems to increase the curb appeal and safety of your property. Each system is designed, installed and maintained with our clients’ needs tastes, and budgets in mind....

03/28/2015

Raj B.

John is very professional and hard-working. We got a bid from a different company. This company did such a good job in giving a discount for and Angie's List members it was amazing. The lighting is for the front of our house. It was very nice and elegant. The quality of the work was excellent. They had to come back twice because they had to do some wiring behind the garage. That was great you wouldn't want exterior wiring when you're looking at the front of your house. They are very professional I assume they do commercial work also. I would recommend them again.

Description of Work
They did outside lighting for home

03/14/2015

Richard M.

Very professional, very good communicator, wonderful product. But (the worst word in the English language) the products are SO expensive - I'm not an expert, but my guess is that if your house isn't well into 7 figures, you aren't in the budget for this type of lighting.

Description of Work
Came out and gave an estimate, but it was mostly a ploy to upsell me.

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

We regret that we were not able to fulfill your outdoor lighting needs. Our products are high quality professional grade and are prices are competitive as compared to similar products and services of other manufactures/providers. If my memory serves me your property was very large with an extremely long winding driveway. Lighting was desired along the drive around a lake and across the front of the home. Our design entailed a large number of fixtures and wire thus a large project number resulted. If the overall all lighting design was to your liking we would be happy to discuss with you possible project phasing options that may be able to fit within your project budget. Thanks, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City

02/10/2015

ROBIN T.

The work they did was fine but only half of what we needed. They didn't seem to want to do the extra we needed.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them.

Category outdoor lighting

We apologize that we were not able to fulfill your outdoor lighting needs. I did take the opportunity to review the service tickets for your account. I appears that we initially replaced your transformer that was not working and serviced your existing system including repairing a few broken fixtures with parts we were able to find. On a following visit additional fixtures had been damaged and were not repairable. We provided options to replace the damaged fixtures but due to project budget constrains at the time elected to not proceed. If you would like to revisit the replacement options we would be happy to discuss those with you, feel free to contact our office at 913-859-9150 Thanks, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City

01/05/2015

Cindy T.

They arrived on time, were professional and did a great job. I would definitly hire them again for any outdoor lighting problem or new system.

Description of Work
Fixed an outdoor lighting system that never worked correctly. So please when we turned it on after they left and it worked!!

10/28/2014

Julie O.

They installed 7 high quality LED Landscape lights and replaced existing wiring and timer box for my front yard landscaping. The installers were very nice and the lighting looks fantastic. Only drawback was the price- which I think was very high considering it took less than 2 hours to do the whole job (estimated it could take 5 hours depending on how the wiring would fit around my walkways, etc. Think the price should be quoted at worse case, but then given an adjustment when job takes significantly less time like in my situation.

Description of Work
Installed 7 LED landscape lights, replaced existing wiring and timer box. Checked outlet for proper voltage.

Category lighting, outdoor lighting

08/07/2014

David K.

They were excellent. They did everything they promised in a professional manner. We will be using them again.

Description of Work
John the owner came out and evaluated our lighting needs, answered questions and made appropriate recommendations.

06/23/2014

Kyle W.

Provided professional service and some valuable ideas.

Description of Work
Purchased the Big Deal...Inspected current outdoor lighting.

06/03/2014

Duncan B.

They did a good job. This is the third time we had to do landscape lighting. They installed a new outlet that i can reset. I like the fact that he wanted to solve the problem for me. They will be coming back. Their price has been worth it.

Description of Work
We used Outdoor Lighting Perspectives for a big deal to fix our lighting system.

05/19/2014

Steve P.

Owner John Bruce too first call, sent Jason to walk our property and plan our lighting. Andrew was quiet and efficient when installing. All work was done professionally, on time and as promised.

Description of Work
Installed 24 outdoor lighting fixtures, timer and associated wiring.

05/06/2014

James J.

Did an excellent job. Was able to "recycle" most of lighting I already had which was a significant savings from buying new.

Description of Work
Repaired and redesigned landscape lighting.

04/17/2014

Connie M.

We didn’t have any complaints and we are very happy with it. We ended up paying twice that amount for the lighting at the back. The owner John is an architect, that is his degree and so he really has an eye for design when it comes to placing lights on the home. He is also able to bring stand-alone lights that run on batteries, so he can show it to us when it is dust to get a feel of how it is going to look like. With him being an architect and him knowing how the light will fall on the tree, he really made it look all beautiful, which is why we decided to go ahead and pay him for the lights at the back of the house. We had already paid a landscaping company prior, to do lighting when we had our hardscape put in, but when we had John come in, and add to it and tweak it, it made a world of difference and we love it. I like nice things and I don’t mind spending money for nice things but I really don’t have an idea of what that would cost. May be it is fair but to shell out $2400 for lighting is a lot of money. One time, I clipped some wires when doing yard work, it was my fault and I asked John if he could come out as fast as possible and he sent somebody within forty-eight hours. So they are very fast to respond. I wouldn’t use anybody else for lighting.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal for the installation of six low voltage landscape lights. We had some additional lighting putting in the back of our house.

04/15/2014

Jennifer M.

From the bid process to the final walk-thru, Outdoor Lighting Perspectives did just a terrific job and were so accommodating and professional. Not to mention the fact that everyone I spoke to had a great attitude and was really friendly. Jason, our estimator and consultant, came out to meet us (always right on time) and walk thru our options. He never tried to upsell us on anything and helped us to figure out the most economical way to get exactly what we wanted. In fact, originally we were going to go with the 7 light package, but after they installed the first 7, we decided, nope, Jason was right - we should have put one over on the right side of the house! (He talked us through what he thought might be a good / symmetrical look, but then left it totally up to us as to what we wanted combined with the price/package we wanted to go with). So we added an 8th light and they were so accommodating and nice to come back and install it for us. Jason and John set everything up for us in a timely fashion and made the install scheduling process so easy. Then Jason came back for a final walk-thru and talked us through working the system and made sure we were totally comfortable. Jason was just the nicest guy. Andrew, the installer, did SUCH a great job that when I came home, I first thought something must have gone wrong because he installed/buried the wires so well, that I thought he must not have installed them at all!! Sure enough, his work is just that good. I couldn't tell where he buried the wires, and even though I hadn't cleared anything out of the way for him in the garage in advance (I felt terrible - it was such a pile of stuff in front of where he needed to get to), he told me no problem, and sure enough he had everything back the way I had left it when he was done. The lights look spectacular. I knew I wanted this done, but didn't really imagine how BIG of a difference it makes to the front of the house. Talk about curb appeal! I literally can't recommend these guys enough. We definitely plan to expand our landscape lighting now in the next few years and we will definitely be calling Outdoor Lighting Perspectives back for all our future work!

Description of Work
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives did an OUTSTANDING job of installing an 8 halogen light package in our front yard. We upgraded from the 7 uplight halogen package (we added some as copper pathlights rather all uplights as well as adding an 8th light), so our price was slightly higher than their base package. All they needed was one outlet inside our garage to hook up the transformer to in order to power all the outdoor lights (it didn't even need to be a dedicated circuit). I was shocked how easy it was. And they just made a small penetration through the garage wall at the base (performed very professionally, clean and looks great). Whole thing looks flawless.

02/06/2014

Patrick W.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. I put in more than what I bought with the deal so I paid more because I expanded on the work that I wanted done. They did a great job. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
I used Outdoor Lighting Perspectives to install some LED landscape lights around the exterior.

01/03/2014

James L.

Installed lighting outside for us. Did a good job, arrived on time and the price was competitive with others. Excellent follow up with this company. We will use them for other projects. The finished product looks excellent.

12/20/2013

Marilyn B.

Punctual, fast, and follow up has been same. Lighting adds a very nice look to our home; love the wash of light on the stone areas.

Description of Work
Angie's List special purchased then chose to add additional lighting.

10/02/2013

Adnan K.

It was really good. I wasn't home and it was something for outdoor and had had dealt with it outside. They ran some lighting and installed the lights.

Description of Work
I used Outdoor Lighting Perspectives.

06/15/2013

Christopher S.

This service went well. I was happy with the results

Description of Work
OUTDOOR LIGHTING PERSPECTIVES installed a led lighting package in the front of my home.

05/29/2013

Rhonda M.

John Bruce was very professional and nice to work with. He explained and demonstrated the different lighting options to me and scheduled the work promptly. The work was completed quickly and they came back to make some minor adjustments I requested and they made a few of their own as well. I am enjoying the look of my new lighting system and have received many compliments from my neighbors.

Description of Work
Installed low voltage LED light package in front of home with digital timer.

Category lighting, outdoor lighting

05/20/2013

Nola D.

Very worthwhile. I'm sure they want to sell you new lighting but the guy did a good job of improving my current lighting situation. My only issue might be that they charge a bit much for the bulbs that they replace. But overall a good job.

Description of Work
Checked out and fixed current outside lighting. Replaced bulbs, reset lights, improved the direction the lights were shining.

04/10/2013

Patti L.

Arrived promptly. Offered good ideas....and not always the most expensive ones. Results are beautiful.

Description of Work
House and landscape LED lighting design and installation.

02/06/2013

CATHY H.

Excellent presentation, no effort to "up-sell", installer arrived on time, work exactly as expected and two follow up calls by owner. Great experience.

Description of Work
Outdoor lighting.

12/07/2012

SHANE C.

able to review and make minor repair

Description of Work
Reviewed and repaired lighting

10/29/2012

Carter E.

John Bruce came in the evening to survey and discuss the possibilities and offered several options of placement, types of lights, etc. He was sensitive to my opinion and very helpful in explaining the procedure. He brought battery powered lights to simulate the effect. We discussed the options and I agreed to proceed with the installation, even though the price was more than I had planned to spend. The installation was done about a week later by an employee who was very professional and helpful in explaining what he would do. Now that the installation is complete, I am very pleased with the results. John and his staff really know their business!

Description of Work
Installed 7 outdoor LED lights , transformer, photo-electric sensor, and wiring.

10/16/2012

Julie H.

Clean-cut, professional, quick service

Description of Work
Inspection of landscape lighting; replaced bulbs; replaced timer

10/16/2012

Michelle M.

I received a call the morning that the work was to be done, and the representative showed up shortly thereafter. He checked each fixture and performed the work quickly and efficiently. It was a good overall experience.

Description of Work
All outdoor landscape light fixtures were checked and 13 burned out bulbs were replaced. The result is dramatically different than before the work was performed.

Category lighting

Ace Handyman Services (formerly Handyman Matters)

Additional phones - (913) 825-6205 & (913) 780-9090. Award winning. Background checks & Skill Assessments on employees. Uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and electrical work.

Offers by Ace Handyman Services (formerly Handyman Matters) on Angi
    Evolving Home Automation

Here at Evolving Homes, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 5 years of experience we are experts in Home Theater systems and Smart Home Automation. We are family owned and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project to make your home safe and convenient for your family. We look forward to earning your business. We offer free in-Home or Over The Phone Consultations. https://evolvinghomeautomation.com

Fusion Electric

Fusion Electric is a locally owned and operated business located in Overland Park Kansas. Since 2005, we have been providing professional and prompt service for all your residential needs. Fusion Electric is a full service electrical company servicing both Kansas and Missouri. We are fully licensed and insured meeting state and local requirements. Our friendly and efficient technicians will provide you with top quality service and products to ensure a positive experience. We specialize in service and repair of existing residences & businesses as well as remodel, new construction and tenant improvement.

Offers by Fusion Electric on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing, Discover

Landscape Lighting, Architectural Lighting, Home Lighting Automation, Home Light Control, Commercial Outdoor Lighting, Commercial Lighting Upgrades/Retrofits and Commercial Holiday Lighting