KC Deck Pro

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2018

Deck Construction Repair and Replace. Deck Material Options: Cedar, Pressure Treated, Composite, PVC

2022 Super Service Award

decks & porches (27)deck cleaning (10)general contractors (3)Patios (1)interior painting (2)house painting (2)plumbers (1)

11/14/2022

Brad S.

JD and his team did a fantastic job building a new composite deck for my home. Pricing was fair and communication was great throughout the process. I won't hesitate to hire again. Thanks!

Description of Work
New Composite Deck

Work Completed On 11/17/2022

09/18/2022

david D.

JD is very responsive and easy to work with and listens but offer's his opinion as well. He completed project when he said he would. He kept things clean throughout the project. His price was more competitive than other bids I received. The end product exceeded my expectations and I appreciated him having inspection done so I know things were done right.

Description of Work
replaced deck

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

Review for KC Deck Pro - 8505 W 88th Ter, Overland Park, KS - 39876670

07/24/2022

Mike H.

JD and his team did a great job. Went above and beyond what I had anticipated.

Description of Work
deck repair/replace

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

06/20/2022

Larry T.

The work was very professional. Every crew member was very good at their job.

Description of Work
deck replacment

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

01/31/2022

Jane K.

JD and his crew did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
deck

Work Completed On 02/17/2022

10/05/2021

Heather F.

The team was very communicative and talked through all the possible design ideas when receiving our bid. The price was in line with others, without any clauses for material price fluctuations. Bid included an estimate for electricity and the inspector. Very straightforward. They cleaned up everything at the end of the day and made sure everything was safe for our very curious dog. The team was friendly and worked hard. Deck is gorgeous and we have recommended them to several others.

Description of Work
roof over deck

Review for KC Deck Pro - 8505 W 88th Ter, Overland Park, KS - 39497220

10/04/2021

Heather F.

They were on time, thorough, walked through issues with us and made great suggestions and left the property clean every day when they left. The communication was unlike any that we have had from a contractor.

Description of Work
roof structure

10/04/2021

Susan T.

KC Deck Pro was wonderful to work with. JD and team were very professional, timely and easy to work with. They did amazing work, we are very pleased with our new deck. I would highly recommend this company, without reservation.

Description of Work
deck

08/23/2021

Joan S.

KC Deck Pros built a lovely deck on my home. Their service was very professional and courteous. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
deck

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

01/23/2021

Walter M.

The project went great. JD and his guys are real craftsmen, came on time, very communicative about what was going on, etc. They started a week before Christmas, demo'd and framed in the deck on day 2 and finished up in a month, despite the holidays and the winter weather. This was a cedar porch about 3 ft off the ground with composite flooring and a gabled roof. He even gave me a trap door under the porch that we didn't ask for, all at a very good price. The end of project punch list was literally one item, taken care of no questions asked. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Deck demo and screened in porch construction

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

Review for KC Deck Pro - 8505 W 88th Ter, Overland Park, KS - 39152225

11/09/2020

Kyle D.

KC Deck Pro was awesome. JD worked with us extensively to come up with a plan that was within our budget but had all of the “extras” we were looking for. He brought plenty of samples and didn’t rush our decision like some of the other companies. The crew was polite, friendly and kept the job site clean. Every day before they left, they picked up and straightened the job site which was much appreciated with younger kids. While they worked through most of the weather/snow, one day it just wasn’t possible for the crew to work. To make up for the lost time, crew came on the weekend. Something that I want to highlight, was the meticulous attention to detail. Boxing in the pillars was not something that any other company recommended or offered but since we were replacing a handful of pillars, it made the finished deck look totally brand new even though we were really just re-decking. We cannot more highly recommend KC Deck Pro. You will not be disappointed with the quality of materials, the workmanship and the professionalism.

Description of Work
New decking, new railings, replacement of deck posts, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/04/2020

Matt J.

JD was great! He had a great bid, got here early, finished on time, was super responsive to what we needed, and the deck turned out even better than I had imagined for less than what he bid. He is a true professional and his crew were top notch. The deck they built will last a lifetime, so I probably won't need to hire him again, but if I ever do need another deck for some reason, he is the guy I'll call!

Description of Work
Deck

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for KC Deck Pro - 8505 W 88th Ter, Overland Park, KS - 38923098

07/13/2020

Tina G.

From start to finish this was an amazing project. JD offered all kinds of options in his bids to replace our deck and remodel the screened in porch. No other bid was like his in that he offered design options and specific pricing so we were able to choose what we wanted and know exact pricing. I appreciated JD suggestions and we are extremely pleased! Exceptional crew and over the top customer service. I am recommending KC Deck Pro to friends and family.

Description of Work
I would have JD bid on any job! Interested in inside painting at some point.

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

05/28/2020

Tony K.

KC Deck Pro did a fantastic job replacing my deck. The new deck looks amazing. JD was very easy to work with to get an estimate and nail down the design. The bid was competitive. The crew was nice, friendly, and spent the extra time to do things right. I would highly recommend them and would gladly hire them again.

Description of Work
deck replacment

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/14/2020

Tom H.

KC Deck Pro’s did an amazing job! I have recommended them to our family and neighbors.

Description of Work
deck

Category contractors, decks, deck cleaning, patios

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

05/03/2020

Whitney C.

JD is amazing. I'm a designer so I'm used to working w subs & he proved to be extremely reliable and execute the job well. I ended up calling him back to do other work at my house and will continue to use in the future for any client's needing services he offers!

Description of Work
deck

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

02/15/2020

Donna F.

The owner of KC Deck Pro arrived as scheduled to provide quote. He and the other employees arrived on time, worked all day in the freezing cold weather and completed the job. Repair was excellent and all employees were professional, courteous, and worked very hard to complete the deck repair, which was done well. I am very happy with the way the repair went, would hire them again, and highly recommend!

Description of Work
Deck repair

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

10/24/2019

Zhaoxia S.

JD is the best, he and his team are professional and they did a perfect job. The new deck is great and strong, also looks beautiful, I love it, much better than I expected. Thank you , JD, enjoy your vacation.

Description of Work
Replace a totally new deck , and bigger size than old one.

Cost $12,462.69

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

10/09/2019

Moben M.

It went excellently. JD and Tom pay attention to every little detail. The project occurred in a busy area where kids come to school and there is high community traffic. These guys got the work done in style while ensuring that everything else was business as usual. We got regular updates. The work happened faster than scheduled. Communication was always good. The deck looks beautiful. We couldn't be happier. If you want a nice deck done at a reasonable price, these are your guys. Honest and amazing.

Description of Work
Deck Project

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

10/05/2019

Edward N.

Very well, great work and beautiful result!!

Description of Work
New deck construction

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

09/28/2019

Charles J.

I’d highly recommend JD and his team. He came to our first meeting with great ideas. The project started pretty much on time and was completed in two weeks. JD and his team were punctual, professional and kept a very clean work site. We love the final product.

Description of Work
We needed a complete deck replacement. We had an old, good sized, wooden deck and wanted to replace it with Trex.

05/24/2019

Cory B.

JD was very easy to work with and was in communication with me through the whole process. The stairs to my deck were having significant rot and were not stable. The new stairs exceeded my expectations and you can definitely see the attention to detail. I only wish he had built my whole deck to begin with. For the size of the project, the time invested by the carpenters and the quality of the work, I feel the pricing was very fair.

Description of Work
Replace deck stairs/footings for elevated deck

Work Completed On 05/21/2019