Kansas Turfmasters

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2013

We are a locally owned commercial and residential lawn maintenance company specializing in personalized lawn care.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Logan M.
09/24/2017
David has been taking care of my lawn for two years now. I started using him for fertilizer, aeration and overseeding last year and started using him for mowing this year since he was already handling everything else. David has always done a good job and has even suggested at times not using services I have requested because they would hurt more than help and would be a waste of money, which I respect considering it is a loss of revenue for him. I have received multiple comments from others about how much better my yard looks since he began treating it. I will continue to use him in the future.
Description of Work
Mowing, fertilizer, aeration and overseeding.
kirk S.
09/13/2017
It has gone great, we have nothing but nice things to say. Davis is very nice and goes above and beyond. Their scheduling and planning are great, especially as some treatments need water and they try to apply them prior to when we are due to get rain. They do great service and the lawn looks beautiful.
Description of Work
They do lawn mowing and lawn treatments/fertilization at my mothers home.
George W.
11/10/2016
They pay attention to detail. I have referred them. They go above and beyond as far as giving service and always do a good job. They answer all my questions. They do mowing and lawn care for me. David comes himself and sometimes he sends other people that work for him Cory, the kid that that comes and does the weekly mowing has a key to the back gate. He comes out is quiet, efficient, does his thing, finishes up and goes.
Description of Work
Mowing & lawn work.
George W.
11/10/2016
I not only used them, I recommended them to a number of people. They will come back for a final leaf clean up. They will call me and tell me they are coming.
Description of Work
To spread fertilizer.
Gwen C.
08/08/2016
I had previously left a good review for Kansas Turfmasters, but over the last year I have been disappointed with them. They hit two of my trees and left big dents in them and and also over trimmed around the edges of the driveway leaving a big gap and more erosion of the soil. I did mention it and they said they would use a different trimmer but the damage is done and now we have to fill in those areas. For $180/month (mowing and treatments), I would expect quality work.
Description of Work
Mowing, trimming
Meaghen M.
07/16/2015
Did the job professionally. Never had any problems. Our yard was full of weeds, crab grass, etc when we moved in. Looks great now after a season of using Kansas Turfmasters. We also used them to seed our lawn last Fall and the grass came in well.
Description of Work
Sprayed lawn for weed, laid down seed, and fertilized lawn
Greg S.
05/27/2015
We hired Kansas Turfmasters (David) last Fall to perform weekly mowing services. He also seeded once in the Fall, and cleaned up leaves a few times. The mowing services last Fall went well for the most part, but the service levels dropped off dramatically this Spring when they started up again. First of all, they mowed our yard for the first time in late March without asking us if we wanted to start our weekly mowing services. We felt that March was too early to start, knowing we'd now need to start mowing on a regular basis after the first mow. If David had asked me prior to mowing, I would have asked him to wait a few more weeks. We felt like he took advantage of us by mowing so early in the season. He explained that he was doing so just to get us on the weekly cycle, but then he could have skipped us for a cycle or two if he had only asked. David also took the liberty of increasing the cost of our weekly mowing services from $34 to $34.50 this Spring. While the increase was nominal, and we agreed to pay it going forward, out of professional courtesy, he should have notified us before making the increase. I do think that under $35 for our lawn is a very fair price. As for the mowing services themselves, on several occasions this Spring, the mowing was sloppy. For example, he would mow unevenly, even missing spots on occasion. He churned mulch into our yard and did not clean it up. He bladed our backyard with his mower, removing about a square foot of grass. David blamed these issues on a new person he used to mow that he said had no experience mowing. After that, David started mowing our yard. Also, for some time he was mowing the yard so short and not bagging it, that large clumps of grass would remain over the yard when he was done. Not only did I think that would kill the existing grass, but it looked bad with dead grass clippings over the yard each week. He said that he tried to fix this, but I was left every week with having to rake up the dead grass myself. We have a playground in the backyard, which is pretty common I think. I had to ask him to blow the extra grass off of the equipment (slide and sandbox) after mowing because it would be covered in so much grass each week. While he agreed to do it, I felt like this was something he should of done without me needing to ask him. Now, all of this said, each time that I asked David to correct a problem, he did so the next time around or so, except for the extra clippings and the turf damage (described below). But I felt like I was constantly having to call or email him about things I would think he should know how to do properly without being prompted. The reason I hired him was so that I don't have to concern myself with the lawn. I will also say that he was always very professional in responding to our requests. Recently, however, David mowed our yard amidst all of the rain we've been having. I know that this Spring has been particularly wet, and finding a good time to mow can be tough, but David proceeded to mow when our yard was much too wet. In the process of mowing, his mower tires tore up our lawn so badly that it damaged the yard. And on top of this, the large clumps of wet grass were so pervasive that the grass beneath is sure to die (unless I rake it up again). I've given Turfmasters a "C" because, despite the poorly performed services on several occasions, David's professionalism and willingness to try and get the job right is a positive. Plus, I think his pricing is fair. However, one can only go on so long with having to "babysit" a service provider before enough is enough. The damage he did to the yard this last time around was the last straw for us. I'm certain that we will have to pay to fix the damage David did to our yard. The jury is still out as to whether or not David will make this right, or simply cut ties and demand payment for sub-par services. Based on past experience, we have hopes that he will do the right thing, but he has not yet indicated that he is willing to do so. In fact, he quit before even offering to make it right (after providing a lengthy excuse as to why he damaged the yard). There are dozens of mowing services in KC, so we figured it was time to find someone else to perform this service for us anyhow. I would not recommend his services.
Description of Work
Weekly lawn service, as well as leaf cleanup and seeding.
JOHN F. B.
04/08/2015
Did a complete professional job.
Description of Work
They mowed the lawn, trimmed and cleaned off patio and driveway.
Karen W.
11/21/2014
We moved to this area last November. I contracted with David in the fall to be ready to go in the spring. His bid was competitive and I felt like he'd do a good job. A couple of days after I set this up, he called me. Said he was remembering that I just moved here and did I know if the sprinklers had been blown out. This is amazing. Someone who is knowledgeable and looking out for you. Over the past year I have been more than pleased with the service. When I have questions about how much to water, David is prompt and thorough in his reply. He really collaborates with me to keep it looking good. Great company.
Description of Work
Mows the lawn weekly. Also provides fertilizer and weed prevention. Helps me keep the lawn looking good. I like having one company to take care of all of it.
Gwen C.
09/02/2014
David came personally to look at our lawn. He gave me the estimate for mowing and trimming right away. He was knowledgable and friendly and answered all of my questions (about lawn, trimming and some landscaping). He also answered promptly and made changes after I requested the grass to be mowed taller du to our yard being uneven in places. I did get several quotes from other providers and I found his price to be competitive. I have been using his service since July and plan on continue to do so next year. I did use a couple of Angie's list coupons which I was able to cumulate (mowing and treatment).
Description of Work
Mow, trim, fertilize and weed treatments
perry F.
07/21/2014
it went well from what I can tell..
Description of Work
mowed our lawn twice while we were out of town...
Shirley E.
04/07/2014
They called ahead, arrived on time, and was very professional, mannerly, and thorough. I was pleased and would hire them again.
Description of Work
He core aerated the lawn.
MIKE A.
04/05/2014
I found this business on Angie's list, and attempted to contact them via their web form. No response after two weeks. I then called, and was told, "oh yeah, I saw your request - I just hadn't gotten around to calling you yet". We discussed my lawn issues, and the provider confirmed my contact info and agreed to come take a look at my yard, and provide and estimate for services. Haven't heard from them since.
Description of Work
Nothing
Jennifer S.
03/27/2014
I got them from Angie's List. They were great. I think their bid was competitive. Everything was great with them and I would give them an "A," but I just selected another company. Their price and services were pretty comparable.
Description of Work
I got a bid from Kansas Turfmasters to take care of my lawn.
Steven W.
02/15/2014
I wasn't home when he did the work but I came home and the work was done fine. They did a good job and cleaned up fine. I would hire them again.
Description of Work
I used Kansas Turfmasters to do shrubbery trimming.
Ken D.
01/16/2014
No problems. Fast and efficient. Good job.
Description of Work
Aerate lawn.
lawn service

Thank you, it was our pleasure to work with you.
Troy O.
12/18/2013
They were great. They were prompt and called ahead. The work was done well.
Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Last Chance - $79 for Lawn Aeration.
lawn treatment

Thank you for your positive remarks. We look forward to working with you in the future.
Sheryl W.
11/18/2013
I called them a couple of weeks after purchasing the Big Deal and by that time they had sold so many coupons that they were a little behind, but he made every effort he could to get out as soon as possible. I feel that if you’re going to provide a coupon you should have the staff to get it done though.
Description of Work
I purchased $79 Big Deal for lawn aeration. The work took about 20 minutes once they came out.
Mark D.
11/02/2013
Provider was able to fit me in right away and did a good job. The whole experience was hassle free.
Description of Work
Lawn Aeration
Jeff M.
10/30/2013
He was professional, did a great job and did not mess around at all. He cleaned up his mess too.
Description of Work
Aerated my lawn.
Janette M.
10/29/2013
They were on time, and did a great job.
Description of Work
Lawn aeration.
LAWRENCE N.
10/21/2013
Turfmasters scheduled my service on a day that worked for me and completed the job as promised...my lot is adjacent to my neighborhood's common ground; and rather than dither or call for directions, they went ahead and spent the extra ten minutes to aerate that portion of lawn as well...their job was prompt and thorough...I would definitely contact Turfmasters for my future lawn needs.
Description of Work
Lawn aeration
barbara H.
10/16/2013
Excellent service. Prompt, professional, friendly and very competively priced. We had additional work completed due to quality and value. We will use again.
Description of Work
Aeration and fertilized lawn.
Ron Y.
10/16/2013
The owner was very accommodating in scheduling the service. The stff did a throrough job in aerating the lawn. In the middle of the work, one of machine bit broke. The owner came and apologized for the delay because they had to get new bits. It was not a problem for us to start with. I returned in the evening with a newly aerated lawn. I reseeded it and the grass is growing. Very pleased with the work.
Description of Work
performed core aeration for the entire lawn.
JIM P.
10/14/2013
I didn't like it. They tore off the yard because they were too close together. The owner of the company said that it was really a good thing since we needed to seed anyway. They provided more area to fix the lawn. He didn't feel that there was a problem.
Description of Work
I used the Big Deal and lawn service of Kansas Turfmasters.
lawn service

The customer contacted me by email on Friday evening and I returned the message on Saturday with an offer to come over to address the concerns, with no response. The original complaint was that the cores removed were not 3 to 4 inches. I reminded them that according to the details of the offer the core depth produced was “1 to 3 inches depending on compaction”. Additionally, the customer complained that the lawn was a “mess”, I explained that core aeration by nature is an aggressive and messy procedure, and unfortunately this was amplified due to the fact that the customer had many large bare soil areas in the turf. Contrary to being a problem however I tried to explain that the bare turned soil was in fact a perfect medium in which to plant new seed which the customer was in dire need of. In this case unfortunately the customer had unrealistic expectations which we had no chance of meeting.

Phone

PayPal
Visa
MasterCard

FAQ

Kansas Turfmasters is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

Kansas Turfmasters is open:

Kansas Turfmasters accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard

Yes, Kansas Turfmasters offers free project estimates.

No, Kansas Turfmasters does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Kansas Turfmasters does not offer a senior discount.

No, Kansas Turfmasters does not offer warranties.

Kansas Turfmasters offers the following services: Lawn maintenance- mowing, lawn fertility & weed control, aerating, seeding & lawn cleanup.