Certified Transmission

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2010

7524 E Frontage Rd

Overland Park, KS 66204

Certified Transmission employs technicians and specialists that have exceptional training and expertise and take pride in each and every transmission they repair. It is our belief that our customers both expect and deserve professional and personalized treatment. Additionally, when completed with a repair or service, our team of technicians want customers that are happy....

05/07/2016

Cynthia N.

Description of Work
The young man at the front desk did a great job of listening to all concerns about the vehicle brought in for an inspection. After all the codes were read & the minivan taken for a test drive, plus having it up on the rack for a good look over; it was great to feel confident that he & the mechanic working on the auto found out what was wrong. It turned out to not be that big of a deal. Thanks for helping the sun shine brighter after leaving your shop!

Category car inspections

04/27/2016

Marianne K.

10/06/2015

K Q.

I was very pleased with their service, most of all their honesty. I had a bad experience with an Aamco transmission shop and I was very wary about taking my car to any transmission shop. These folks really changed my mind. They didn?t find anything wrong. Their technician Dan made sure nothing was wrong which included a multi point inspection and a road test, and then Dan took a road test with me driving to try to recreate the concern. We found out it was just my car shifting into a lower gear upon acceleration. They charged me 43.49 for the inspection with tax. It was well worth it for the peace of mind. A less scrupulous and honest place could have taken me to the cleaners.

Description of Work
Checked my Transmission.

04/23/2015

Brian H.

03/21/2015

Nola R.

Certified was excellent. We like them. It didn't take them long at all. It was just one day for the service. They are a little pricey, but you get good service.

Description of Work
There were transmission issues. We were leaking fluid, so they had to go in, change the pan out and do a few other things

02/12/2015

Richard & Sandy S.

They were very honest. They were very good. I would tell a friend to use them because they are honest. They were very prompt.

Description of Work
We took my car in because I thought something was wrong with my transmission and he called us and told us nothing was wrong.

02/11/2015

Thomas K.

Description of Work
replaced the clutch in 2007 Elantra. Car runs very well now

12/18/2014

Nancy N.

Description of Work
These superb folks thoroughly checked our nephew's 15-year-old Mazda (which we feared needed expensive transmission repair) and honestly informed us that it only needed secondary, affordable repair work that they didn't do. They told us where we could get this done and how much it should cost. We left feeling incredibly well-treated and with a free keychain to boot. We've been telling everyone about our positive experience there and you better believe these folks are who we'd trust for any and all transmission work in the future!

10/08/2014

marc C.

05/31/2014

Chitoria H.

Description of Work
They remove tranmission added a new clutch+dusk mask, they also fix a engine pan link nd my axil. Was pricing but was happy over all w/ my services nd nothing they fix has to be repair. So happy customer

03/24/2014

Kathleen M.

They did a fantastic job. The work was completed within the time they estimated, they performed a lot of testing to ensure everything was working properly, and will perform a checkup 15 days after the work to ensure nothing is leaking, etc. The team at Certified Transmission was very professional, honest, and provided a high level of customer service and communication. While I was disappointed that my transmission had to be replaced, I couldn't have been happier with the service I received.

Description of Work
The transmission in my 2005 Mercury Mountaineer suddenly started going out of gear when driving, and would not go into Reverse. I called my local Certified Transmission based on the reviews on this website and talked to Andrew. I explained what was happening and he informed me I could bring it in for a free analysis. The analysis took less than an hour, and it pointed to three possible outcomes, so they needed to rule out the more minor possible issues before determining if the transmission was shot. I left it with them overnight. The next morning Andrew called and informed me that the transmission would need to be replaced. He offered me several options relative to warranty and went into great detail explaining how the process works and the type of equipment they would use to replace my transmission. I gave them the go ahead, with the understanding that the work would be completed in 1 1/2 to 2 days.

07/07/2013

Terry D.

These guys are outstanding! Timely, and did what they said they would do by the time they said they would do it, at the cost they said they would do it for.

Description of Work
Replaced transmission.

07/06/2013

Nola S.

They were very courteous, honest, and professional, and adjusted the timing of the repair into my work schedule.

Description of Work
Replace transmission

07/01/2013

jeff H.

I own a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser and experience shifting issues. I scheduled an appointment with my local Toyota Dealership to assess the vehicle and determine what was wrong. I was told the transmission was failing and for this vehicle the repair would be $4K - $6K to fix. After a few days, I joined Angie's List and found a local transmission repair shop "Certified Transmission" and scheduled an appointment to provide a second opinion. After one day of review they determined it wasn't the transmission but rather and electronic module which would cost approximately $950 to fix. They informed me the cost for the electronic assessment would be $150 but that would be built into the repair if elected to move forward. After a week of trying to find the modules and coming up empty (very limited supply) they said there would be no cost. I was in the process of selling the car and my buyer made a decision to purchase at full price when hearing it wasn't in need of a transmission. Certified Transmission helped me greatly in the sell and didn't charge a dime for their time. I couldn't thank them enough and it reassured me there are still good people and shops around doing the RIGHT thing for their customers. I will reccommend Certified Transmission to any and all that have issues with their vehicle. Thanks Mike for your top notch customer service.

Description of Work
Transmission inspection

Category auto repair, transmission repair, car inspections

02/13/2013

Shawn P.

Very professional from start to finish. They evaluated transmission for issues and they only performed services that needed to be done.

Description of Work
Transmission was evaluated for issues. Fluid and filter was changed.

11/27/2012

Jared H.

My clutch was shot, so I took it to Certified by recommendation from my normal repair shop that didn't do transmission services. They stressed it was important to go to this Certified location, and not others in town. The experience was great, and, best of all, my car runs great. They told me the worst case scenario up front, but were diligent to only replace what they had to in order to keep the cost down. The parts had to be ordered, which extended over a weekend, so they provided a loaner and saved me hundreds of dollars. I reviewed the bill in detail and the prices seemed reasonable for the effort. I would suppose you could find a cheaper rate around town, but I wanted a transmission specialist. They were very polite, although clearly very busy and overwhelmed with a shop full of cars. When I dropped the car off for inspection, they kindly drove me to work (relatively nearby). In the end, some repairs are just expensive, and I believe I got the quality work that I paid for.

Description of Work
Replaced the clutch and resurfaced flywheel.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Thank you for your kind words and Overall rating of “A”. We appreciated you trusting us with your vehicle and especially want to thank you for taking the time to write this review, sharing your experience and to help spread the word about Certified Transmission. Again, it is much appreciated. George Rakes Area Manager Kansas City

11/12/2012

STEPHANIE M.

They did a great job.

Description of Work
Repaired transmission.

08/16/2012

Keith N.

Good.

Description of Work
Transmission went out while driving. Pulled it into parking garage. Called Certified Transmission based on Angie's List. They had a tow truck out in less than an hour to pick up truck. Later that day gave me the 'bad' news regarding my transmission that it would be need to repaired/replaced (no surprise there). Had installed in 1 week.

06/26/2012

John G.

No Problems, No Leaks

Description of Work
Transmission Service & Check.

06/14/2012

Rusty T.

Wanted a transmission cooler added to our minivan for towing a pop-up camper. They said they would have to see the vehicle because of all the options available. Dropped it off, took them about an hour to say they had one that would fit in stock and could install it that day. Price was a little higher than some other over the phone quotes I had received, they said that was because mine required some custom tubing work. They had it done later that afternoon, seems to be just fine.

Description of Work
Add a transmission cooler.

10/09/2011

Steve B.

Description of Work
I brought my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo in because the transmission was slipping. They took a look and determined the problem was probably just lack of fluid resulting from a leaking seal. I appreciated that they didn't try to sell me a new transmission for $3000 when they solved most of my problems for $290! The transmission still slips a little, but they really improved it without a full blown replacement. I really appreciate their honesty.

11/10/2010

Rainer K.

Was done on schedule at quoted price. New transmission performed properly, but leaked fluid. Also had leak in exhaust system. Took truck in for evaluation and scheduled time to make repair. Repair was made by replacing a defective "O" ring and re-attaching exhaust pipe. All appears to be ok now.

Description of Work
Replaced transmission with a rebuilt transmission in a 2002 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive.

04/12/2004

I WILL USE THEM AGAIN IF THE NEED ARISES AND RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS TRANSMISSION, 4 WHEEL DRIVE OR DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR.

Description of Work
JEEP DEALER ESTIMATED 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRANSFER CASE TO REBUILD AT $2,100. I TOOK IT TO CERTIFIED WHO ESTIMATED THE OVERHAUL AT $1,100. THEY REMOVED THE TRANSFER CASE AND SENT TO THEIR REBUILDING FACTORY IN OMAHA. THEY FOUND NOTHING WRONG AND DISMANTLED THE TRANSFER CASE AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER FOR $600. THEY COULD EASILY HAVE CHARGED ME FULL PRICE AND I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THE DIFFERENCE. VERY HONEST.

03/31/2004

THE CAR IS PERFORMING VERY WELL AT 40,000 MILES. WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE REPAIRS.

Description of Work
REPLACED THE TRANSMISSION IN MY CAR.

JoCo Auto Repair

Welcome to JoCo Auto Repair - your car repair specialists located in Merriam, Kansas. We are a full service facility - no repair job is too large, and no service is too small. What makes us special? We've been in business for over 30 years - that's over 30 years of experience making satisfied customers. All of our mechanics and technicians are ASE Certified and constantly undergo training in the latest automotive technology. Free loaner car while we work on your car (by appointment only). We stand by our work - our repairs are covered by a 24-month, 24,000-mile nationwide warranty. We understand your needs and take time to listen to your concerns. Our staff are honest and ethical. They treat our customers with respect - I hire and train them that way. Come in and experience the difference that quality service makes! We KEEP LIFE ROLLING.

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Our transmission Repair and services include the following: transmission rebuild, transmission cooler, 4-Wheel drive 4x4, Automatic transmission, computer diagnosis, external diagnosis, Fluid & filter replacement, Manual transmission, Performance transmission, Transfer, Transmission Adjustment, Transmission reseal, Transmission replacement.