Bike America-Overland Park

Founded 1978 • With Angi since February 2012

Free estimates, owner operated.

Carolyn M.
04/15/2016
Description of Work
Purchased a bike - helpful in choosing the right size and type |Maintenance for a bike - prompt, courteous, well done
Doug W.
04/15/2014
The manager (Greg) personally helped me pick the right bike, the right SIZE of bike, etc., and he placed the order. All merchandise but the computer came in as scheduled. The computer was back-ordered. The manager had the day off when I went in to pick up the merchandise, so the Store OWNER (Nick)came to help me. He insisted on putting a wired trip computer on my bike until the better computer could be obtained. In fact, he was initially going to upgrade the computer to an even more expensive one, and discovered it would not fit the bike properly, so he put on a temporary substitute until the correct computer could be obtained. I have purchased at least 4 bikes from this business - and on each occasion, I have found them to be very true to their word and very helpful. I have also had repair service done on one of the bikes, at a reasonable cost and with great results. I can highly recommend Bike America - both in Olathe and Overland Park!
Description of Work
I purchased a new 4 bike stand, a new Trek Bicycle and related equipment, including a trip computer, various lights, saddle bag and new helmet. More importantly, the manager spent time with me to select the right bike and to make sure it fit me correctly. The bike and bike stand both had to be ordered.
stephanie S.
07/17/2013
I have a Bike America-Overland Park are great.
Description of Work
We purchased a bike there. They retrofitted a bike for my son, who has special needs, to accommodate his disabilities.
Jane W.
03/27/2012
When the bike was dropped off, we were told and quot;one weekand quot;. In one week, we called and waited on hold for 18 minutes for someone to check on the status of the bike. They said the and quot;ticketand quot; gave April 2 as the date - that was another week out. He said they were having trouble getting tires. We asked about the gear problem, since that was the primary reason for the visit. Uhhhh.. was the answer. We picked up the bike that day. The Help Wanted sign in the store should have been a clue that this place was AWFUL. Just clueless, uninterested service employees. I'm sure they are good at selling bikes, but don't expect much beyond that. We are avid bicyclists and have used other bikes shops and this was our first and last experience at Bike America. We even planned to buy a new recumbent there this summer, but obviously we will never go there again. Stay Away from this place. If you want good service, go to Turner's in OP. They ended up with the bike and even though they don't sell recumbents, They serviced it with their usual, fantastic service.
Description of Work
Since they sell recumbent bikes, we took a recumbent to be serviced. There was a problem with the shifting (primary reason for visit) and we also requested new tires for the bike.
Darrel L.
02/17/2012
They have three locations; I used the one on Overland Park. I would use their services again in the future.
Description of Work
I used the services of Bike America to get my bike repaired. They tuned up my bike.

Phone