Barnds Companies

Founded 1965 • With Angi since March 2004

10000 W 135 St

Overland Park, KS 66221

With over 45 years of experience, Barnds Companies has the knowledge, personnel, and expertise to handle all commercial and residential property management and service needs. We are a Kansas City owned and operated property management provider specializing in Lawn and Tree Care, Landscaping, Homes Association Management, Plumbing and Electric, Heating and Cooling, Painting and Renovation, Tenant Finishing, Pest Control, Snow and Ice Removal, Outdoor Fireplaces and Kitchens, General Contracting, and Construction Management. Our long history of providing property management services across Kansas City, allows us to handle any project big or small....

04/26/2018

Amy W.

I had Barnds turn on my sprinklers for the spring and the first time I used my sprinklers there was a leak in the outside pipe were they had overly tightened it which caused a crack in the pipe. I had water coming into my basement probable for a few days before I discovered the problem. First I called my builder's foreman and explained what was happening and he walked me through turning off my water to my house to minimize damage and stayed on the phone until I discovered the source of water. Once I figured out why the water was coming in I called Barnds and they said they would TRY to send someone out to look at it. Meanwhile my builder's foreman had his irrigation company he uses come out to fix it for me right away. I called Barnds to let them know that I had someone else fix it and explained what the problem was and the women I spoke to told me that the owner Ron would be over to look at the damage. Keith the man from Barnds who had turned on my sprinklers showed up even though the problem had been fixed and I showed him the broken pipe that the other irrigation company had replaced. Keith tried to tell me that he had done nothing wrong and never once apologized or offer any kind of assistance to me so instead of discussion it with him further I went inside to wait to talk to Ron, the owner. I waited another hour but Ron never showed up so I called back to see when he was coming and was told that Keith talked to him and he was not going to come over. I told them that I had not shown Keith the damage in my basement and asked for the owner to call me to discuss. I never received a call back and in fact I felt that the women I was speaking to was intentionally not letting me talk to Ron. That day and the next day called three more times and left messages for the owner to call me but I never received a call back from anyone at Barnds. I am still waiting...SO FOR ANYONE THINKING ABOUT USING THIS COMPANY DO NOT. Luckily my builder's foreman came over and helped me pull up the carpet and take out the padding under the wet carpet as well as helping me place fans on the wet carpet to dry it. Had Ron from Barnds called and said he was sorry for the incident or even offer to refund my $100 I had paid for their service I would not be writing this review. BARNDS HAS BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, WOULD NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR MISTAKE OR EVEN CALL ME TO DISCUSS IT! I will never use this company again and will tell everyone I can about my horrible experience dealing with this company!

Description of Work
Sprinkler service

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

10/27/2016

Sergey P.

Category irrigation systems

01/17/2013

TOM V.

Description of Work
I have had work done by Barnds Brothers on several occasions and the results were more than satisfactory, I needed some dirt delivered on short notice and they got the material to me when I needed it. the price was competitive and the delivery charge was acceptable. I will use them again in the future.

09/03/2012

Laurie S.

Since I use them for multiple things each time they are reliable and professional for every service:lawn sprinkler on and offlawn programextermination

Description of Work
I have used Barnds for years. They are reliable and professional. I only have to call once and they will take care of whatever I have requested. It is so nice not to have to make several calls just to get something taken care of.I use their lawn program and extermination services.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service

01/14/2012

Annaria N.

See above.

Description of Work
We have worked with Ron Barnds from Barnds Companies for the last year on various projects at our house. They have replaced wiring, plumbing, HVAC, woodwork, and water heaters in the process of our remodel. Their employees have all been very professional and knowledgable throughout the project. Working with Barnds Companies has allowed us to consolidate our service providers into one organization that is small enough to give individualized attention but large enough to have trained and experienced professionals in each of the aforementioned categories. We have just finished the final step of installing irrigation and landscaping. Everything looks great and we will continue to use them for lawn and tree care, landscaping, heating, cooling, plumbing, and electric.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, electrician, pest control, firewood, heating & air conditioning/hvac, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, plumbing, remodeling, tree service, water heater repair, snow removal, hardscaping

08/19/2004

LORI C.

I WAS LOOKING FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONSOLIDATE LAWN CARE SERVICES TO A SINGLE FIRM FOR SHRUB TRIMMING, MULCHING, MOWING, AND LANDSCAPE ADVICE. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED AFTER READING POSITIVE REVIEWS ON ANGIE'S LIST, THAT THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO REPEATED REQUESTS.

Description of Work
I CALLED THIS COMPANY TWICE TO SCHEDULE AN ON-SITE VISIT FOR AN ESTIMATE. MY CALLS WERE NEVER RETURNED AND NO ESTIMATE WAS EVER PROVIDED.

06/21/2004

MARY C F.

MY YARD HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER. THEY DO A WONDERFUL JOB AND KEEP IT LOOKING BEAUTIFUL. I REALLY ENJOY WORKING WITH PAUL BARNDS. HE IS VERY NICE, HELPFUL, AND ACCOMMODATING. I HAVE A LARGE CORNER LOT, SO IT HAS TO LOOK NICE AND THEY DO A VERY GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
THEY DO ALL OF MY LAWN AND GARDEN WORK. THEY MOW ONCE A WEEK AND THEY DO ALL OF MY TRIMMING AND FLOWER BED MAINTENANCE.

04/22/2004

MORTON Z.

THEY ARE HERE EACH WEEK ON THE SAME DAY. THEY DO EXCELLENT WORK.

Description of Work
MAINTAINS OUR YARD ON A WEEKLY SCHEDULE. MOWS, TRIMS SHRUBS AND FERTILIZES.

04/22/2004

COMPETENT PEOPLE AND SERVICE. THEY KNOW THEIR JOB.

Description of Work
TERMITE INSPECTION.

Category pest control

03/30/2004

POLITE, THOROUGH, AND NOT OVERLY HIGH-PRICED.

Description of Work
LAWN MAINTENANCE FOR HOME ASSOCIATION.

03/29/2004

OUR LAWN IS VERY LARGE AND THEY GET IT DONE QUICKLY. OUR LAWN ALWAYS LOOKS VERY NICE.

Description of Work
THEY MOW OUR LAWN AND HELP WITH OUR GARDEN. THEY UPKEEP EVERYTHING.

03/04/2004

FRANCES F.

THEY DO A FABULOUS JOB. THEY ARE VERY DEPENDABLE AND EASY TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
THEY MOW THE YARD, TRIM BUSHES, MULCH THE YARD, AND PLANT SHRUBS.

Category landscaping

F & H Heating and Cooling

HVAC Contractor

A Team

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today! Gutter install Gutter cleaning Gutter guard Down spouts Roofing repairs

Midwest Pressure Washing

We are a friendly small pressure washing company that loves to work and professional and have competitive pricing. Please contact us for estimates on your next project and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Thanks.

Check, Financing Available

Turf Management, Lawn Renovation & Fall Seeding, Landscaping Design & Installation, Tree & Shrub Services, Drainage Improvements, Brush Hogging.