Banks Blue Valley Pool & Spa

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2008

3.5

Banks Blue Valley Pool & Spa...

PEREZ LANDSCAPE & TREES SERVICE

Land Escapes LLC

Land Escapes is a full-service landscaping company specializing in residential and commercial landscape design, installation, and maintenance; irrigation installation, repairs, and maintenance; and hardscape/patio/retaining wall design and installation. Winner of the Super Service Award 5 consecutive years (2012-2016). The landscaping professionals at Land Escapes have the skills, expertise, and experience required for successful landscaping projects. Land Escapes will do the job right first time and we deliver quality that lasts. Our experts will work with you to bring your ideas, and your landscape, to life. Land Escapes is a certified segmental retaining wall installer by the National Concrete Masonry Association and a certified installer by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.

Johnson County Residential Landscapes

At JCR landscapes we are totally committed to providing our clients with unique and innovative landscaping design concepts that will maximize their homes landscape potential and overall property value. With over 15 years’ experience providing outstanding landscape services in the Johnson county area including all phases of design build landscapes, hardscapes, and permanent water drainage solutions. We are confident that we can provide you with the most attractive, functional, and cost effective landscape options available. We specialize in the renovation and revitalization of existing landscapes that have become overgrown, outdated and visually unappealing that are all too common in many established neighborhoods through Johnson County. Just as you find the need to update your homes interior it is also essential to redesign and upgrade your aging landscape to help reflect your personality and enhance your outdoor living experience. As a smaller Kansas City designer owned company, you can take comfort knowing that your landscape project will receive complete hands on service from the initial design process through to the completion of your new landscape. Our lower overhead expenses guarantees that you can achieve a beautiful and professionally installed landscape design at a very competitive price. http://johnsoncountyresidentiallandscapes.com

09/10/2018

Lori B.

Technician came out - checked the vacuum, said there's your problem - something stuck in the vacuum, removed it and left in about 10 minutes without even checking the filter - which was the reason I had them come out since the pressure would not go below 25 and should be around 15 PSI. Continued to have problems getting the vacuum to work because of the pressure. Sand in the filter was just replaced last year.

Description of Work
Pressure on filter would not go below 25 PSI even after backwash so not enough pressure so vacuum would not work. Pressure be between 15-20 PSI

07/20/2018

Lee H.

Banks built our salt water pool in 2004 and we have used them exclusively for all repairs, opening and closing and major water chemistry issues. From day one their service and workmanship has been excellent. For several years beginning in 2004 their customer service and response time was not so good. But it's obvious they have made changes to both their business and personnel as their customer service is great now and response time much better. Their prices may be high, but they stand by their service and I know they will get the job done correctly. Their store manager is very knowledgeable and I there has never been a time when I needed a product and it was not in stock.

Description of Work
Replacing chlorinator, general repairs, opening and closing of pool, replacing pool light, service calls for water chemistry issues

08/17/2015

Dannette F.

The only thing that was on time about this work were the billing statements. The company was out last fall to give us an estimate on replacing part of our pool decking with flagstone, replacing the coping brick around the pool edge and installing the pool heater. They recommended waiting until spring to start the work and said we would be the first on the list. They did contact us in the early spring to confirm that we were still wanting

Description of Work
Replaced coping brick and tile around the pool, installed flagstone and a pool heater.

06/03/2013

Cindy H.

10/18/13 Update: After this review reached Banks Pool they reached out to me to acknowledge their unresposiveness and overall poor quality of planning and getting repairs completed in a timely fashion. They have also taken a serious look at their internal processes and found many opportunities for improvements which they are implementing. They also apologized. I believe they are honest in their desire to improve, so I did want to share this with others. As a final test, I have scheduled them to open my pool again next spring and fix another leak that was identified this fall. This will provide a great opportunity to test their new processes and communication procedures. If all goes well, I will be happy to provide a glowing review and update my scoring to all A's. Their treatment of this review has convinced me to give them another chance. I have also upgraded several of their scores to indicate the improvements they have made thus far. I did receive an email later referring me to a leak detection company. After contacting them, we put together a plan to coordinate the draining of the pool by Banks and then subsequent dete tion of the underground leak, and then Banks would do the repairs. Since then, approximately 6 weeks, the pool remains shut down and the leaks not diagnosed or repaired. I have called atleast once a week, and more like 2-3 times a week. Only once have I talked to a person. The calls go to voicemail, no matter what time of day. I request a call back and have never once been called back from those requests. Banks built this pool 20 years ago, and the service over the years has been very difficult if there is a serious problem.

Description of Work
During the spring pool opening, one leak was identified and bypassed. When the cover was taken off, it was apparent that the pool had been leaking over the winter. On their advice, I filled the pool and they came back the next day to start up and filled the pool with chemicals. By the next morning, the water level had dropped 4 inches, so I shut off the filtration pump and immediately called Banks service dept. and it was apparent a second leak had gone unnoticed.

09/19/2012

THERESA J.

I had been using Banks as my regular pool service company for a year. In general, communication, returning phone calls and showing up on the scheduled day had been challenging for them. The repairmen are pleasant and knowledgeable. For this particular incident the process to repair this part started 6 months prior, it required multiple phone calls from me to remind them I still needed the part for my pool heater. They arrived 24 hours after their appointment time and completed the work. Since I didn't need the heater until this fall I hadn't tested it myself. The heater wouldn't fire up this fall and Banks refused to make good on this problem. They're policy is 90 days to report problems. Don't get anything fixed in the fall, because it won't be guaranteed for the next pool opening

Description of Work
.Banks Pool was asked to determine why my pool heater wouldn't work and they replace the igniter.

Category pool cleaners

The customer initially had her heater fixed on April 2nd of 2011 by our company. We were not contacted about the heater again until September 1st of 2012 when she was having the pool inspected for the sale of her home, this is beyond the manufacturer warranty of 90 days. When the inspector was unable to turn on the heater, she contacted us on that Thursday. However due to being heavily booked with pool closings we were unable to come out to her pool until Saturday, September 3rd. By the time we arrived, the pool had already been closed down by another pool company and we were unable to inspect or fix the heater. The owner has spoken with the customer and offered to resolve the issue however she has since sold the home and we were unable to resolve the issue.

10/24/2011

Darcia M.

They are constantly getting better. Sometimes we have communication issues but they really are trying to work on it. They are willing to admit their mistakes and they try to work with me.

Description of Work
Banks Pool & Spa built our pool. They came back recently to close our pool down for the winter.

07/26/2010

BARBARA G.

They were great, but were really booked up and said that they would help me if I could not find somebody else. They said that they would see what they could do to help me over the phone and I think that they are wonderful. I think they are a family owned company and I think they are very good. I just trust them because I worked with them for many years. I have dealt with many pool companies and once I got them I was happy. There is really nothing about them that I was disappointed with.

Description of Work
I used Banks Pool & Spa Design Co. a couple of years ago for pool repairs and I recently needed something done, but they were all booked up.

08/06/2008

PETER V.

They did excellent work but it just took them a long time. They were over extended on there estimated time and were very expensive. Would recommend them to other people.

Description of Work
They plastered and redid the pool. Built a new barbecue.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

Banks Blue Valley Pool & Spa

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2008

3.5

8026 W 151st St

Overland Park, KS 66223

Swimming pool construction Swimming pool service and repairs Retail location for testing and supplies