Anthony's Home Improvement

Founded 1991 • With Angi since August 2009

4.3

PO Box 4582

Overland Park, KS 66207

6 Employees. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email.

06/10/2014

Kristin A.

My mother is elderly and wheelchair dependent. She has an older house with a lot of small things going wrong, in addition to the leaky shower. Rodd Anthony gets back with her quickly, and comes over to fix the smallest of things. He does high quality work and seems very detail oriented. He tried several things to fix the shower and waited a while to make sure it was fixed before fixing the ceiling below. We trust he will come in, do good work and not take advantage of a disabled lady.

Description of Work
He has repaired several things - leaky shower (water dripping through ceiling below), gutter problems, broken windows, patio door misalignment, other things - I can't remember.

Category handyman service

06/20/2012

muriel A.

He has a team of people. They are fabulous and they do practically everything. He is great. They always leave everything cleaned up even if they are midway doing something. I really love them.

Description of Work
I used Rod Anthony for most of my home improvement stuff. They put some light fixtures the last time for me. They have remodeled my bathroom before and have put in new flooring.

Category handyman service

02/25/2012

Paul Z.

There was one delay after the other. I gave him a budget of $8K with the expectation to have the house ready to sell in 1 month. It ended up taking him 3 months and it ended up costing me $15K. During the delay, the market dropped and caused me to lose further money on the deal. Overall I'd say it cost me about $20K. I ended up paying for landscaping that was not done. The work inside the house was beautiful, although my objective was to sell the house fast. He refinished the floors in the house did an great job on those. The other thing is that he would not give you his address, presumably so that he cannot be served with a lawsuit.

Description of Work
I hired him to fix up a house to sell quickly.

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters

01/09/2012

Robert H.

Same as previous question.

Description of Work
o Professional drawings of proposed new deck o Bid for time and materials to remove old deck and install & build proposed deck. o Physical removal of old deck o Construction of new deck o Daily end-of-day clean-up of construction site o Open communication between me and Mr. Anthony, including quick resolution to any questions from me.

Category decks

08/10/2009

Lauren R.

This was an organic job that grew as it progressed. Through many challenges and surprises, Rodd maintained his perfectionism, equilibrium and good humor and came up with a lot of creative solutions and ideas. The interior painting especially is beautifully done. I love my house. I would guess that not many people come through a project of this magnitude still loving their contractors, so I think Rodd is that rare smart, extremely competent person who can make it all turn out as it should. There is none better in my book. I will always call him first when I have any future home repair or home improvement project, large or small.

Description of Work
Whole-house remodel, including (among many other things) tearing out multiple layers of old flooring in entrance hall; installing new wood flooring and refinishing old wood flooring to match; gutting a bathroom to the studs, moving a wall and rebuilding the room, including the floor; installing new doors throughout; replacing all windows; tearing out old paneling and installing new drywall; resurfacing walls; rebuilding a large closet; relocating a door and wall and building a new laundry area off a bathroom; refinishing and painting garage walls and ceiling and installing a gas heater in the garage; installing new toilets, bath fixtures and cabinets; refinishing kitchen cabinet faces and building a wine refrigerator into a new custom cabinet; upgrading electrical service to the house; rewiring and installing new light fixtures throughout; installing ceiling fans; installing crown molding; painting and papering walls and trim throughout; refinishing ceilings throughout (including partial reconstruction of a ceiling); painting interior doors and window frames; finishing and installing new exterior doors, including sliding deck door; replacing about half of exterior cedar shake shingles; installing new 6-inch gutters; painting garage doors and exterior trim; rebuilding large brick flowerbox and installing brick pavers over existing concrete sidewalk and steps.

Category remodeling

04/19/2004

THEY WERE VERY GOOD AND POLITE AND REASONABLY PRICED.

Description of Work
OVER MANY YEARS THEY PERFORMED PLUMBING JOBS.

Category plumbing, remodeling

Duncan Painting & Restoration

Call us today for all your painting needs!

Honestly Happy Homes

Honestly Happy Homes, LLC is committed to excellence every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

Custom Finish Painting, LLC

At Custom Finish Painting our priority is you, the customer. We focus on building great relationships and producing quality work so we can be your go-to painter!

2022 Super Service Award

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Hardwood floor installation & repairs including laminate flooring, tile, plumbing, electric, interior remodeling & small handyman repairs.