Aldrich Contracting Co

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2005

9801 W 106th St

Overland Park, KS 66212

At Aldrich Contracting, we are dedicated to helping you love your home again. Whether you’re finally ready to remodel your kitchen and bath or want to prepare your home for your golden years, We have been in business since 2002. We have an in-house designer who specializes in making your space functional and beautiful. We are committed to high levels of customer service with great attention to detail. Owned and operated by Dave & Celia Aldrich. Additional Email - info@aldrichcontracting.com. Award winning....

02/25/2020

HAL P.

The bathroom remodels included removing the existing shower, bathtub, and existing vanities down to the studs. Aldrich Contracting then installed a new onyx shower, tile flooring, toilet, vanity with granite top, plumbing, lighting, and drywall repair in the master bath. They installed a new tub base, wall and floor tile, toilet, vanity with a quartz top, plumbing, lighting, vent fan, and drywall repair in the hall bath. One of the things we really liked about working with Dave Aldrich was that he has a lot of remodeling experience and was helpful at creating the vision for our bathrooms. In addition, he gave us a list of supply companies in the area that we could go visit to pick out specific items (e.g. faucets, tile, light fixtures, etc.) that we wanted. Or if you prefer to have more assistance with design or item selection, Celia Aldrich is an interior designer who can help you. We appreciated that Aldrich Contracting uses good quality products in their remodels. We used Aldrich Contracting about 9 years ago for a kitchen remodel and have found that the workmanship and quality of products has stood the test of time. The main contractor that did the work on our bathrooms was courteous, trustworthy and very detail oriented. He arrived on time and was very good about cleaning up (as much as possible) at the end of the day.

Description of Work
We hired Aldrich Contracting Company to remodel a hall bathroom and master bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed] Very happy to hear you are enjoying the remodeled kitchen and baths. I thought they turned out great! Thank you for the kind words, Dave

02/05/2020

Brenda H.

Dave and Celia are a great team. Celia worked with us to pick a new paint color, stone, lighting, entry door and garage doors. Dave accompanied us to pick out windows and a patio door. They told us about products they have used in their own home. I never felt pressured to make a purchase. When I asked for their opinions, they were always happy to provide them. I never felt like I was being upsold. I only had one small quibble with their work, and they made that right. I plan to work with them again on a future project.

Description of Work
comprehensive exterior update

Category lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really impacted a number of areas at your home, they all look great! Thanks again, Dave

02/05/2020

edward T.

We were very pleased with the results & Dave & Celia were very nice to work with. We will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They did a guest bath & kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed] We really enjoyed working with on your projects! I thought they turned out great! Thanks again, Dave

02/02/2020

Ann K.

Both projects went well. Dave and Celia and crew are great to work with! We will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom Remodel.

Category home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I think both your kitchen and bath projects turned out great! Thanks again, Dave

01/31/2020

HAL R.

Aldrich Construction did a fantastic master bathroom remodel for our home. After interviewing four remodel companies, my wife and I choose Aldrich for their insight and honest pricing. Dave Aldrich made sure we were getting what we wanted throughout the process.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed working with both you and [Member Name Removed] throughout the project. I'm sure you will enjoy your master bed, bath, and closets for many years to come. Thanks again, Dave

01/11/2019

Mark S.

Dave and Celia and their team did an amazing job from concept to design to execution of the project. We strongly preferred a smaller, family business remodeling company, and we were not disappointed. Excellent trades work, consistent communication, and an ongoing desire throughout to "get it right." Our project involved mostly demo, framing, drywall, construction of adjustable shelving, and finish carpentry. Even the messiest days of construction were not that bad due to the exceptional attention to neatness. The final result turned out even better than we had hoped! We are extremely pleased with the whole process, and will definitely use Aldrich for future projects.

Description of Work
Master bath and closet remodel

Category home remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We really enjoyed working with you and [Member Name Removed] on your project. It turned out great, such a better use of the space! Thanks again, Dave

01/07/2019

Martin E.

I said in a review several days ago that I never heard from Aldrich. A representative called and said he didn't get a notification from Angie's List until last Thursday. Maybe Angie's List should get the "F" if that's the case.

Description of Work
Room addition

Category concrete repair

03/27/2018

Dalene L.

Great. They were timely and professional and were able to quickly solve the issue.

Description of Work
Identify the source of a leak in our downstairs bathroom and complete all of the repairs

Category drywall, plumbing

10/05/2017

kelley R.

Dave came on first visit then second visit Dave & his wife came out to do measurements & I gave them pictures & copy of plan as well as they had original house plans available too. About 2 weeks later they asked to come back again as their measurements were not "making sense". They came out & did remeasuring & discovered their error.... I reiterated time was not an issue but accuracy of construction decisions were, so as I could make design decisions based on construction possibilities (wall openings, etc). The next day Dave left a voice mail saying that they were opting out of what they were hired to do (at this point, ONLY the computerized design part that they were fully paid for). More infuriating is that he did not take accountability for "his" decision & instead said it was because he felt he was sensing that I was frustrated with how long it was taking them which was completely false! He also stated they decide to take a new bathroom job that came in & would be busy with that..... I would have had more respect if he had just owed up to not being able to take the job, period. Poor Accountability!! They were punctual & pleasant but might be more appropriate for very small jobs ......

Description of Work
Large scale full kitchen remodel. I had architectual drawings & plans that were already drawn up previously. I called requesting a potential quote on a kitchen remodel according to plans... Dave offered their service of a detailed computerized layout done by he & his wife (designer) for $300. I paid & agreed thinking this was worth it due to the scope of project & help with being on same page before starting construction if I hired them. I was in no hurry to start project & was trying to take proper steps with the planning phase. Estimated earliest time to start construction was early 2018.

Category interior designers, home remodeling

Your $300 design fee was promptly returned once we realized we could not accommodate your project. Good luck with your project.

09/11/2017

Patricia W.

I was impressed by Mr. Aldrich's knowledge and professionalism and discussed with him the possibility of hiring him for a major bathroom remodel in the future if things went well. I waited a week to get the bid and when it couldn't be emailed I waited to receive it in the mail. This bid was the second of two bids for the same project. The first bid was for the same work and was $3350. I was stunned when I saw the bid was for $9,769.43. Neither bid included tile which I was to purchase separately. I called Mr. Aldrich to discuss the bid thinking it might be in error. Initially I was told the project would take about five days which would be about $2000 a day for labor with materials which were largely limited to the cement board underlayment. When we spoke the project was now going to take two weeks to complete. This is for removing half a dozen shelves and removing and laying 154 SF of flooring. Almost $10,000 seems a bit much for the flooring for a closet. Its hard to imagine how this project could keep someone busy for two weeks. Needless to say I didn't hire Aldrich Construction. I don't like getting nuisance bids. I much prefer the integrity of a company that tells me that the project is too small and not suitable for the type of work they perform. I am disappointed because I was impressed with Mr. Aldrich's knowledge and would have liked to have worked with him on the complete bathroom remodel.

Description of Work
I contacted Dave Aldrich after receiving a flyer in the mail and seeing his reviews on Angie's List. I needed a large master closet floor re-tiled and needed deconstruction of the existing shelving with repair of drywall if needed. The total square footage for the project was 154 SF. Included in the project was re-tiling of the small space with the toilet.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry you feel the way you do. We are not sure you are comparing apples to apples as our bid did include tile. Good luck with your project.

07/06/2017

Theodora D.

There were a couple issues, but that should be expected. What is different here is they make sure it is exactly right and dont give any hassle.

Description of Work
Have done two baths, stairs, and are starting the kitchen. Done over the last 5 years.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We really enjoy working with you and Dave! Thanks, Dave

01/30/2017

Ginger E.

It was a wonderful and positive experience!

Description of Work
A new shower plus a sink top

12/15/2016

sandy M.

Dave is a superior problem solver. Very easy to work with. Fixed a problem that no one else seemed to want to help me with. Add him to your list if you have an older home. HE saved the day for me!

Description of Work
Cabinet door fell off hinges.

11/20/2016

J M D.

project management / communication needs improvement. Project was completed with quality work.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

02/09/2016

DAVE M.

Just a great experience! Dave & Celia were really a pleasure to work with as were the crew: Robbie, Kevin and Jason. Everything about Aldrich Contracting reflects professionalism. Dave gave my wife and I additional suggestions for the project and communicated through out. Celia, an interior designer, helped us with cabinet, tile and paint decisions. The crew: Robbie, Kevin and Jason are really craftsmen. They did all the work themselves, except for building the cabinets (which they do on specific projects) and installing the shower doors. Any time there was any question as to the project they would ask my wife or me what we wanted, rather than just move along with the project. I enjoyed the overall approach and conduct of their work. Being retired I had the opportunity to visit with them occasionally throughout each day, yet they are very hard working, efficient employees. I just saw no wasted time each day. There is a reason that Aldrich Contracting has received so many "A's" on Angie's List- they do really good work, at a fair price and are a great team.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bathroom. Removed old bathtub, shower, vanity, medicine cabinets. Installed / lowered a new ceiling three feet lower than original. Installed new crown moulding, tub deck, bathtub, shower pan, vanity, vanity top, medicine cabinets, mirror frame, lighting, electrical, plumbing, plumbing fixtures, and tiled shower and bathtub walls.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Removed Member Name] Thank you for your review. We really enjoyed working with you guys. I thought your bathroom turned out great and I hope you and [Removed Member Name] enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks again, Dave

02/08/2016

ROBERT P.

It was our great pleasure to have Dave Aldrich and his crew complete our kitchen make-over. Since we operate our business out of our home, we were there for the entire process. They took great pains to be as unobtrusive as possible and to make sure that sanding dust, etc. did not migrate out of the work area. They also cleaned up at the end of each day to be sure we were inconvenienced as little as possible. We were thrilled with the job they did. I think what impressed us most was Dave's honesty and integrity. Upon final inspection, he pointed out minor deficiencies that we might never have noticed. He not only fixed them, but added a few services that were not originally contemplated to ensure the best look possible. He was more concerned with quality than with invoice add-ons. This is a contractor we recommend highly without reservation.

Description of Work
Kitchen refinish with new under-cabinet lighting and revised overhead lighting.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

Hi {Member Name Removed],Thanks for the great review. I thought your kitchen turned out great! Just those few improvements made an enormous difference. Let us know if you have projects in the future. Thanks again, Dave

03/31/2015

Martha C.

I first met Dave Aldrich of Aldrich Contracting 2 years ago at a NARI Home Tour, and was very impressed with the quality of the bathroom he entered on the tour. By the time I saw the kitchen he did on the 2014 tour, I knew this company was the one I wanted to remodel my bathroom. Dave suggested I work with his wife, Celia, who is degreed in both architecture and interior design. Even though I have an interior design associate?s degree, I found that her expertise was invaluable. I had very definite ideas on what I wanted functionally and somewhat creatively, and she had the creativity and current knowledge of what?s available to help create a most beautiful bathroom. i chose to have the bathtub removed, and a tiled shower/bench in its place. I chose a comfort height toilet, with a cabinet over it; a taller countertop, and the kneehole space replaced with a tall pantry. In a countertop/sink area located nearer the bedroom, I chose a taller countertop; kneehole space removed, and drawers built in under the counter. Also, a cabinet sitting on top of the counter. New tiled floors, new faucets, new hardware, new light fixtures, painted walls?everything completely redone. Work started late October, and finished late November. Jason was the lead, and did a superb job with the gutting and reconstruction of the bathroom. My questions and concerns (very minor) were always addressed, and he was great at explaining the process to me. Jason was very easy to have around, and made the whole process enjoyable, and working like a ?well-oiled machine?. Kevin also helped at various times, and he was great also. Both Jason and Kevin gave 110% effort. The bid was in line with 2 other estimates I got. Even though I felt either one would have done a good job, I'm happy I went with Aldrich. I would definitely hire them again?no hesitation!

Description of Work
Completely gutted and remodeled my master bath.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks [removed member name]! We all really enjoyed working on your bathroom and think it turned out awesome. It will serve you well for many years to come, Enjoy! Thanks again, Dave

03/25/2015

Kelly K.

The whole process went very smoothly, and we love the results. Dave and Celia helped us stay on budget and still get the results we wanted. We had to stop in the middle of tearout due to an unexpected death in the family. Not only were they kind and thoughtful (sent us a beautiful plant), they rearranged and worked extra to still finish on time. The communication was excellent, and the place was often cleaner when the crew left for the day than when they arrived. We will definitely use Aldrich Contracting again!

Description of Work
complete bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Thank you (member name removed). We all enjoyed working with and for you. It was a great improvement to the bathroom. Thanks again, Dave

01/06/2015

Fred S.

That went very well. They said that it would be about 3 weeks and it took slightly under that. They seemed more organized than most of the constructors I've used before. They're a little expensive.

Description of Work
They reinstalled my cabinets for the bathroom and master bedroom.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

[Member Name] It was great working for you and Sharon again. I thought the master bed/bath turned out great! Thanks again, Dave

12/24/2014

Christopher C.

It was a great experience. He visited our home on a couple of occasions, despite the long drive, and presented a very competitive bid. The work in the hall bathroom went very quickly, which helped speed the entire project -- we used that bathroom while construction was going on in the master suite. Kevin, the foreman, was very professional and extremely skilled ... he did nearly the whole project by himself, which included moving out a bathtub. He even went beyond the initial scope of the project to ensure that some electrical wiring was done correctly during the process. Working with only a mild notion of what we wanted the closet to be was no problem to Kevin: He planned and executed a design that was truly amazing. The suppliers that Aldrich Contracting used were very helpful in the selection process, and delivered all materials on time. The company painted a room, which hadn't been included in the original plan, which attests to Aldrich's ability to provide services "on the fly" during the project's life. In short, we were more than pleased with the process and definitely would recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
Remodeled a hall bathroom, a master bathroom and converted tub space into a closet. Also did some painting and ceiling work.

Category electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

It was a pleasure working for you [member name removed]. I thought the bathrooms turned out great! Have a great new year! Thanks, Dave

10/21/2014

Kari F.

Dave and his team always arrived on time and were very thorough from the quote to the actual work completed. We did have an issue after the project was complete but Dave responded immediately and his crew had it fixed within hours of my phone call. He also made sure every last detail was completed to our satisfaction. I also want to thank Dave's wife for her advice on colors scheme's, etc. We will definitely consider using Aldrich Contracting again if we do other remodel projects.

Description of Work
Aldrich contracting was very easy to work with for our master shower remodel.

Category home remodeling

Thanks [member name removed]. You guys were great to work with also. Hope you enjoy the improvements for many years to come. Thanks again, Dave

07/24/2014

Carin H.

We had timely communication with Dave. The crew was on time, friendly and efficient. The only hiccup was a delay due to tile not coming in on time. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Gutted to the studs then remodeled main bathroom. This included removing tub and replacing with a tiled walk in shower with bench, new drywall, toilet, vanity, sink, floor to ceiling storage cabinet, and tile floor. New plumbing fixtures and lighting was also a part of this.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, home remodeling

Thanks [member name removed]! We enjoyed working with you also. The bathroom is beautiful!

05/06/2014

Karin C.

Great to work with. Hands on from start to finish. High quality work.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

[member name removed]- thanks so much for the review! We appreciate it and really enjoyed working with you.

02/03/2014

Barry S.

They were pretty much on time and were on top of everything. They provided good quality service. They pretty much did everything they promised. They were great to work with.

Description of Work
I used Aldrich Contracting Co for remodeling my bathroom.

08/19/2013

Bev J.

If there was a higher grade I would give it to Aldrich Contracting!! I was impressed with Dave and Celia Aldrich from the first time we met. Each time I spoke with them either in person or over the phone I was treated with professionalism, courtesy, patience and kindness. The first in-home visit was a get to know each other, see the house and hear what my thoughts were for the remodel. They measured, took notes and asked me lots of questions regarding the project. But mainly they listened to what I wanted. Within a week they were back to show me the plan they had come up with and see what my thoughts were. Then within another week I had a quote and budget for the project. A contract was signed, dates set and deposit paid with 3 weeks of the first meeting. Celia was great when she took me shopping for finishes. She was easy to talk to and bought me coffee on our shopping trips! She listened to what I liked, took me to where I could find it and helped me decide what would work together. Robbie was the lead carpenter for the project and I have nothing but "praises" for him. He not only is a superb carpenter but had lots of ideas when I didn't know what to do. He was always professional in my home and treated my home like he would his own. Even coming back to clean after the sub-contractors were there so I would not see the mess they had left. Kevin also helped on the project and he was just as professional and helpful as Robbie. I have never done a remodel before and everyone was patient, listened to my concerns and answered my questions without making me feel incompentent/stupid. I have heard lots of horror stories about remodeling but after this project, I have no qualms about doing another. I plan on doing my kitchen in the future and my first call will be to Aldrich Contracting!

Description of Work
Remodeled a small master bath, making it into a guest bath. Intensive remodel - formal living room into a master bathroom