ABBEY APPLIANCE REPAIR

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2004

PO BOX 25773

Overland Park, KS 66225

Abbey Heating, Cooling & Appliance, Inc. is family owned and operated with a team representing over 35 years of combined experience. Abbey Heating, Cooling & Appliance, Inc. has built its reputation on ‘same day’ service. In fact, over 95% of service calls are completed on the first trip to the customer’s home. Servicing appliances and heating and cooling needs since 1977, Abbey Heating, Cooling & Appliance, Inc. was established in the Kansas City area in 1992. Our highly qualified technicians are certified and licensed in all appliance and heating and cooling repairs...

03/09/2021

Mary B.

Freezer had been defrosting and temp in fridge wasn't as cold as it should've been. Kurt came out, diagnosed the problem as a faulty temperature control box, fixed it on the spot. He had the part for a 20-year-old Kenmore. Very knowledgeable, answered several questions I had. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

10/19/2018

Steve L.

They stepped up when another repair company cancelled last minute. They arrived before scheduled time, diagnosed the problem, had the part on the truck, did the repair and processed paperwork in 20 minutes. Very courteous and professional, they explained the possible cause of the problem and made sure there were no other issues. I will definitely use them in the future and have recommended them highly.

Description of Work
Electric Dryer Repair

07/26/2018

Douglas B.

Oven would not heat. He found that control board was issue and looked availability of getting one. It was discontinued so we ended up getting a new stove.

Description of Work
Kitchen Stove Repair

05/12/2016

David W.

Abbey was recommended to me in 2009 by an acquaintance who has a property management service and had been using Abbey Appliance Repair services for years. We used them in 2009 & 2010 for repairs to a GE refrigerator. I was very happy with their service and filed their name away for future use. Fast forward to today when I called them about my 20 year old Maytag washing machine. I was concerned because the machine has been getting noisier during the spin cycle. The individual I spoke with on the phone was very familiar with my particular machine and was reluctant to come out and charge me for the service call when he could basically diagnose it over the phone (ball bearings are wearing out). He also explained the cost of the repair and that we probably still had a couple of years before the repair would actually need to be done, basically when the noise gets unbearable. He also advised me on whether we would want to do the repair on this machine or not, given the cost of the repair and the age of the machine, etc. I really appreciated his honesty and advice. He could have very easily charged me for the service call and the repair when neither sound like they are necessary at this point.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem with older Maytag washing machine

04/02/2015

Ron T.

I called them out this morning because our dishwasher was suddenly leaking severely when its pump was running. Kurt came out within an hour, and quickly determined that the door gasket was damaged slightly and the latch was weak. He replaced both. While I had him here, I asked him to check the clothes washer, which another repairman, from another company, had tried and failed to fix. He found damage to this gasket as well, and a plugged drain hole. He fixed that problem as well, and showed me the damaged gaskets. I have had Kurt here twice in the past when our Amana refrigerator quit working. The first time, perhaps two years ago, he told me that the compressor was weak and that he fixed it by installing a device that would give it a boost on start-up. Per his prediction, the compressor finally died a couple weeks ago. He came and told me that it now could not be fixed, and recommended that I replace the refrigerator rather than the compressor alone. I am very satisfied with Kurt's work and his product knowledge, and I found him to be very friendly once we discovered that we share some recreational interests.

Description of Work
Repaired leaks in Kenmore dishwasher and LG clothes washer.

07/23/2012

Kathi F.

We have used Abbey several times. Today we called because our central air unit was not running. The office took our call right away (no need to leave a message) and they were able to work us in this morning. The same repair man always comes to our home and we like how he knows the history of the work that has been done on our unit. He quickly diagnosed the problem and made the repair. We are always happy with the work that Abbey does!

Description of Work
The Run Capaciter had to be replaced on our central air unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/21/2012

Ms. C.

He was rude and I thought his price was excessive. He didn't seem to know what he was talking about when talking with him about what needed to be done.

Description of Work
I need a special tool to get a rag out of my washer that I dropped in when I was cleaning it. I need someone to come out and fix the problem.

Category appliance repair

Never done service work for you. Gave you a quote over the phone to take a part dryer and remove rag and other item and reassemble dryer for a total price of $85 total. Then told you we take it apart from the back and you told us it took two people to get it in the location that it was in. And I told you we only have one person to a truck and you we would not be able to help you.

02/09/2012

Todd V.

.they had to come back three times because they had to order a part and the part was wrong , but they were real nice about it, and I was without my dryer for about a week but other than that it was fine

Description of Work
they repaired my dryer

05/18/2010

WAYNE T.

It went very well. I had it diagnosed, and they replaced the element for me.

Description of Work
They replaced an over element for me.

09/08/2008

Mark M.

They were able to fix the furnace right away and I really appreciated it. I have used them a few times because they are knowledgeable, quick, and courteous. I trust them to get the job right the first time.

Description of Work
They repaired my furnace and they had the part they needed on the truck.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

R Mech Heating Cooling & Plumbing

We started the Tankless Water Heating push in Kansas City. We have been the number one Rinnai tankless water heater installer in Kansas City for the last ten years. We have done this through training, lowest installation pricing, never charging additional money if not warranted. We focus on the repair of plumbing fixtures and equipment, including water softening and filtration systems. Lastly, the Hydronic Furnace was pioneered by us in the Kansas City market, installing more than any company in the United States!! Thank You for finding us and we hope to serve you well. Award winning.

Offers by R Mech Heating Cooling & Plumbing on Angi
    Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric

We have provided hometown service to residents of the Kansas City Metro since 1951. We offer FREE ESTIMATES on a new air conditioner, furnace, boiler, heat pump, geothermal, zoning, water heater, tankless water heater, plumbing remodel projects, and battery back-up sump pump.

Offers by Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric on Angi
    Top Notch Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been proudly serving the Kansas City Metro & Johnson County since 1974. We take pride in knowing that each and every one of our customers is completely satisfied, and every job is done completely and correctly, the first time.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Abbey Heating, Cooling & Appliance repairs all types of household appliances including washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, refrigerators and freezers. And with thousands of parts on our repair trucks, we can usually take care of your problem ‘same day’ on our first visit to your home. All parts and labor are backed by our one-year warranty!repairs all types of heating and cooling equipment. And with thousands of parts on our repair trucks, we can usually take care of your problem ‘same day’ on