State of the Art

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2010

Our work speaks for itself. We started 15 years ago, painting custom homes and refinishing cabinets right here in Kansas City. From that time our list of builders and clientele has grown. Not only painting new homes inside and out, refinishing kitchen cabinets, but completing special kitchen/handrail/newel post finishes to stringent customers’ specifications. You can experience the State of the Art difference when it comes to recreating your home. From painting the exterior of your home to refinishing custom cabinets, we bring your dream home to life. When bidding your cabinet project, please compare our processes to the others. Extensive training plus 15 years of experience Cabinet refinishing and painting is a full-time business Paint Inside cabinets including drawers and shelves Spray finish for smooth appearance (no brush or rollers) Remove, rehang and align doors Install new hardware (hinges & pulls) with new cabinet bumper pads We offer free in-home estimates!...

Molina Painting & Remodeling LLC

We have the experience and dedication to do the job right the first time! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call to schedule an estimate today!

Precision Painting and Epoxy

We want to do more than just paint your home or business. It is our goal to provide a level of service that goes above and beyond the norm in our industry. Our customers keep coming back to us for a reason we live up to our promises and treat our customers as we would want to be treated at an affordable price. What you need to know about us is that we care about our customers and our reputation. We have built our clientele by providing exceptional service since 2016 and we have now expanded our services beyond the greater Kansas City area.

Crown Town Restoration

All Things Exterior. All Things Superior. Crown Town Restoration is an exterior repair and restoration company serving the Kansas City Metro and surrounding areas. We provide commercial and residential roof repair and replacement, gutters, siding, windows, painting and staining. Our main goal is to provide the best customer service possible, and make sure each and every property owner is satisfied with the end result. Whether you have recent storm damage, or just want to update the exterior of your property, we are here to help every step of the way.

04/01/2018

Caroline S.

This was one of our top experiences with home remodeling services. Bev (owner) and her daughter were very professional, knowledgeable and quick to give us a bid for the work. They provided plastic bins for all of our kitchen items that we packed up the weekend before the work. As promised, Raphael and Alejandra (a husband-wife team) arrived promptly on Monday and were finished (as promised) by the end of the week. Every day they showed up at 8:30am and worked hard until 5:00. The prep work that they did was the most thorough that we have ever seen. They virtually created a work bubble with 2 zipper doors into our kitchen/great room area, which took about 2 days to create. The work itself was meticulous and amazing in quality. They really bought out the beauty in our maple cabinets, showing the grain where it wasn't seen before. They even treated the inside of the cabinets to make them water and oil resistant. When they cleaned up, everything was cleaned (even the hanging pendants and ceiling fans) until it was it its original condition. To top it off, Raphael and Alejandra were extremely pleasant and professional. We would highly recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Refinishing of kitchen maple cabinets

Category cabinet refacing

Thank you for the opportunity to bring your lovely kitchen cabinets back to life! We know you will enjoy them for years to come! Bev

11/03/2017

Herbert T.

Very well, the process went exactly as plan no issue, would recommend to family and friends

Description of Work
cabinet refinished

Category cabinet refacing

Thank you everyone for the great review. Your kitchen is so bright and fresh now! Enjoy for many years to come!

04/26/2017

Tammy L Y.

Job went as expected, very well! The total job took five days. Oak cabinets were sanded, several that had split were replaced. Cabinets were sprayed to a beautiful finish, new hardware attached and cabinets rehung. This was done several years ago now and they have still maintained their excellent appearance.

Description of Work
Had kitchen cabinets repainted.

Category cabinet refacing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your recommendation! We really enjoyed working with you and appreciate all the wonderful referrals! Bev

02/24/2016

Brenda M.

We were thrilled with every aspect of our experience with State of the Art!! Bev came out initially and walked us through the possibilities for our cabinets. From the first meeting in our home to the last visit inspecting the work, she was knowledgeable, pleasant, helpful and professional. She lead the way in helping us choose the finish and paint color selection, even bringing over multiple specific samples with our particular "white" and the glazing styles! The project was clearly laid out for us with the tasks we needed to do prior to their arrival to the progress we could expect throughout the week.The two gentlemen that completed the work were professional, patient, knowledgeable, on time and very efficient. They arrived on Monday morning and completed the project on Saturday afternoon. The finished project is stunning, our kitchen cabinets look custom finished and we could not be more pleased! We would recommend State of the Art to anyone looking to redo your kitchen cabinets.

Description of Work
Our kitchen cabinets were pickled ash, 22 years old and in need of an upgrade! State of the Art painted them with a beautiful white finish to match our existing woodwork and then added an accent glaze on the edges.

Category cabinet refacing

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your referral! We appreciated the opportunity to update your kitchen so that you would enjoy it for years to come!

03/24/2014

Simone B.

Contacted State of the Art as a forth bid on a kitchen remodel. We decided to keep kitchen cabinets that were in great shape and layout but had dated 1980's color (honey oak) and hardware. Sate of the Art was not my cheapest bid but not the most expensive. I felt very comfortable with Beverly the owner. She provided bins so we could clear everything out of the kitchen.She also let me know the status of the job and the results were fantastic. ***Be prepared to leave home for a few days when they are staining and sealing. Every company is different in how they refinish. This company was excellent in prepping kitchen area and they use respirators etc when spraying. You do not want to be in home when this is happening. They apply a sealant afterwards which helps protect new finish. Other companies stated we could stay in home when they were working. It made me think just how durable is it going to be? We made a weekend vacation out of it and when we returned home, it was exciting to see cabinets finished. Afterwards, Beverly checked on us and made sure we were happy with results. She then waited a few weeks to pick up her bins which gave me plenty of time to put kitchen back. I had two cabinet doors routed out and had glass put in. Beverly knew of a cabinet shop willing to do this and she took the doors there herself. I was only required to have new hinges (all130 of them) at the job site when work began so workers could install once cabinets were finished. Beverly even told me where to find hinges since they were not available in any home improvement centers. I am writing this review almost a year later. Cabinets have held up wonderfully and are still beautiful. We are very pleased we contacted State of the Art and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinished kitchen cabinets in a large kitchen.

Category cabinet refacing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciated the opportunity to work with you on your kitchen project. It looks so fresh and updated now!

04/25/2013

alex M.

They did everything they said they were going to do. The workers were very punctual and get the job done as needed on time.

Description of Work
I used State of the Art in November of last year for kitchen cabinet refinishing.

09/10/2012

scott H.

I called State of the Art after hiring another local company that advertises to be the best at cabinet refinishing in Kansas City and Denver. I had thought my cabinets were destroyed after what had been done to them by the first company and I contacted State of the Art to hopefully just make them look acceptable of paint over them completely. Beverly came over and looked at the cabinets and although she was appauled by the work that had been performed she thought her and her guys could fix them without having to paint over them. Her guys came in and did a masterful job and exceeded every expectation I had, they turned what I thought was going to be a patch job into brand new looking cabinets that I love and was exactly what I was looking for when I started my kitchen remodel. If you have the standard golden oak cabinets they can do amazing things with them for a fraction of what refacing or replacing will cost you. Instead of paying double by using the wrong company I would just reccomend saving yourself the time, money, and headaches by hiring the right company the first time instead of having to do it twice like I did. I was increadible lucky to find the only company in Kansas City that refinishes kitchen cabinets the professional way and doesn't just want to come in with a piece of sandpaper and a paint brush and do what you can do yourself. I am extremely grateful to Beverly for bailing me out of a home improvement project gone bad, if you would like more pictures of the before and after work of what State of the Art was able to do or would like a reccomendation feel free to contact me at scott_hamblin@hotmail.com and I would be glad to talk to you.

Description of Work
Refinished kitchen cabinets after another local company left me with a disaster they caused by using the wrong process.

State of the Art

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2010

15954 S Mur Len Rd

Olathe, KS 66062

Kitchen cabinet refinishing, Re-Staining, Painted Kitchen Cabinets with Artisan Hand Glazing / Antiquing All interior painting, exterior painting

We do not offer cabinet Refacing

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover