Rolling Meadows Landscape & Garden Center

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2010

4.3

12501 W. 151st Street

Olathe, KS 66062

Rolling Meadows Landscape & Garden Center is a residential and commercial landscape corporation that prides itself on professional and quality landscape and hardscape installations. We are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured company with a dignified track record of successful projects. We look forward to working with you! Rolling Meadows is a full service landscape company providing all of the following services: Irrigation system design and installation; Landscape design and installation; Bio-detention swale construction; Retaining wall construction; Water feature construction; Sod installation; Native and traditional seed; Rain garden construction; Paver installation and more. With over 15 years of experience in the commercial and residential landscape industry our staff if more than capable of handling any project! We have the proper knowledge of landscape construction practices and proper installation procedures to meet all of your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to working with you!...

07/29/2016

Darrin B.

I was extremely pleased with the work performed. Jesse listened carefully to what we wanted and gave several suggestions for details we wouldn't have thought of. Crew was punctual and courteous which is very important to me. Project started on time and was completed when he said it would be. The work looked exactly like the computer generated pictures he provided with the quote. Our yard looks amazing! We have already referred several friends.

Description of Work
Provided landscape design and implementation.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

07/22/2016

Jinny L.

I had high hopes for this company but was extremely disappointed. When Jesse (the owner) was 30 minutes late to our appointment I gave him the benefit of the doubt. We walked our property and talked about what we wanted and what he recommended. The KC home show was approaching so he said it would take him a couple of weeks to get a plan our way which was fine with us. After 6 weeks and 3 follow up phone calls (Jesse was always "out of the office" so I left messages) which were never returned we went with another company. During the last phone call I told the receptionist that we were ready to go in another direction but if there was another designer who was available we would be happy to work with someone else and still no one responded. I had read a couple of other reviews with similar experiences and later found out that a close friend had the exact same thing happen to her. Don't waste your time with this company - there are many other local options you can go with!

Description of Work
Landscaping design plan

05/18/2015

Dusty G.

Jesse, the owner, came and visited my home for the initial consultation. Upon my initial meeting I thought that he had some good ideas and was looking forward to working with this company. He stated he was a little busy and would have me a quote within 3-4 days. After two weeks I called and got Jesse's voicemail. I received no response so continued calling and leaving messages for another couple of weeks. Eventually I pleaded with Jenna to help me as I could not get a hold of Jesse. She stated that he had been very busy as they were down a couple of people and he was pulling double duty. This was no big deal and I understood, just wanted to get my hands on my quote and design to keep the project moving. I called her back in a couple of days and she had my quote / design in hand and was ready to discuss with me and could do so that day (great). Upon initial review I had some questions and more questions / changes after discussing with my wife. I tried to call and get Jesse to talk through the changes and once again he was no where to be found. After a couple of days I got a hold of Jenna and she said she would be around to grab my changes and relay to Jesse. When I arrived Jenna was incredibly rude and acted like I was inconveniencing her by being at the store. She stated that she would pass along my questions to Jesse but could not help me as she did not do the initial design. She continued to be very short in her answers. As I was at the store picking out a couple of plants I ran into Jesse who initially tried to avoid me but then when I made eye contact acknowledged my existence. He said that Jenna had given him my questions and he would be back in touch in a couple of days. This was 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a call back. Maybe it was the fact that I asked to change a couple of things or the fact that they are busy and didnt want to deal with a project for the little guy but this was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am done chasing this company to try to give them my money. Others in my neighborhood have had similar experiences with customer service at this location and it appears to me that the owner simply does not know how to treat customers, and he also needs to get rid of Jenna and hire someone that can be customer facing. All in all I am happy I never received anything back as I can only imagine how bad the customer service must be if anything goes wrong with the job. I would strongly discourage anyone looking into Rolling Meadows.

Description of Work
Rolling Meadows was contacted to look at installing mulch beds on two sides of my home along with re-doing my front yard landscaping.

08/24/2014

Brien B.

Rolling Meadows was AWESOME!! They were very prompt and worked diligently with the City of Prairie Village inspectors to ensure that they had the project completed according to code. They did a wonderful job and we are extremely happy with the results. We have received many compliments from our neighbors and really enjoy not having to walk in the mud when exiting our cars. We plan to use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Rolling Meadows totally redesigned our driveway, front walkway and porch, and front landscape.

07/08/2014

Julie R.

06/18/2014

BETSY & LARRY A.

Description of Work
They did a landscape design for us and we purchased some of the suggested items from them. We had a coupon which expired in June but they extended for us since fall would be a better time to plant. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff.

Category landscaping, greenhouses

06/02/2014

Marianne M.

From beginning to end project was frustrating. They pushed off start date several times, owner was rarely on site for project, initially installed wrong pavers in fire pit. Overall work was ok, but took much longer than expected, even when factoring for all missed days with rain. Sent invoice before final walk thru of project. They laid sod over troubled lawn spots after project, and a year later still looks terrible. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Expanded existing patio,added seat walls and built columns and fire pit

Category landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

09/12/2013

Steven M.

After spending approximately 5 minutes looking at the site, the employee said he would email an estimate within a week. That was at least 3 weeks ago and we have heard nothing from them.

Description of Work
We wanted some limestone steps installed on the side of our house, which is a steep area of our yard. An employee showed up at the appointed time for an estimate.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

09/09/2013

Rachael C.

It went very well. The job was done in the time they quoted. Completed in 2 days. Just came back for some adjustments. My yard was tore up by the machine but that is expected. It is great to finally have an irrigation system.

Description of Work
They installed our irrigation system.

08/18/2013

janet M.

The entire process was very efficient. Crews were very professional and meticulous in their work. Daily clean up was well done. The stoop was a last minute addition to the project and they built one that is beautiful and very functional. The price was very fair and we are thrilled with the finished project. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
The Rolling Meadows crews removed an old concrete patio and steps to the yard. They poured a new concrete base and placed Belgard pavers on top. In addition, they added a paver stoop to at the back door where there hadn't been one before.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

06/17/2013

Hillary W.

The owner and his crew designed and installed a beautiful custom fence for our backyard that totally transformed our landscape. The price was below expected and they worked with my schedule to get the work done. They were very courteous and clean!

Description of Work
Built and installed a custom fence.

05/16/2013

Elizabeth S.

Matt has been working on a new landscape plan for us. Before that happened though I wanted to have the rose bushes removed so I could plant some annuals in that bed. I called Matt in the morning and described what I needed done. He said he had a crew in the neighborhood and they would swing by at the end of the day and do it for me. Imagine call in the morning and done by 5:30pm, what great service

Description of Work
Five old, large, diseased rose bushes removed from flower bed.

03/15/2013

Leola B.

They were a good company. They were prompt and professional, but their price was too high for what we were looking to have done. If we could afford it, we would probably use them.

Description of Work
We got an estimate for landscaping to make some general improvements.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

12/17/2012

Margaret & Frank D.

I called Rolling Meadows Landscape in the morning regarding cutting down a tree. They performed the service that morning. He cut down the tree and removed all the limps and trunk of the tree. He did an excellent job. The area was clean upon completion of the job. I would not hesitate to use their services again. I intend on using their services in Spring for landscaping.

Description of Work
Tree removal

07/25/2010

Ann S.

I met with the owner to discuss grading of the front yard, redesign and replacement of the front yard plants and stone wall hardscape. A verbal estimate of costs was provided. The owner said he would provide a written plan and estimate. It was never received. I will not use the company in the future.

Description of Work
A plan and estimate for front yard landscaping was requested.

Category landscaping

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to work with this member on this project and apologize for any oversight that occured. Rolling Meadows Landscape and Garden Center 913-897-9500

Outlook Hardscape

For 30 plus years, our lead foreman has been laying brick. We're privileged to have Randy, who built one of the very first paver driveway jobs in Kansas City before outdoor hardscape was on the map. And he taught the owner of Outlook Hardscape everything he knows. The care and craftsmanship Matt, Randy and their crews put into our hardscape has been something they've done for decades together. Our competitive price matches the quality of product you will receive as we pride ourselves in doing it right the first time. And our Angie's List members boast of our friendly crews and clean work sites. We not only want you to relax during the process but help you relax after a long day at work, coming home to your new outdoor oasis. Let us help you design beauty and comfort with our quality hardscape. We look forward to meeting you.

Top Tier Landscaping

We offer hardscaping and landscaping services to Johnson County and the surrounding cities. Here at Top Tier Landscaping we pride ourselves in excellent customer service and outstanding quality of work. We have completed over 400 projects and have maintained a 5 star rating from our clients. We believe in transparency, great communication and offering the greatest product possible to all of our clientele. Give us a call today for a FREE estimate!

Lawn & Landscape Solutions

I started Lawn & Landscape Solutions in 2001, as a kid out of high school with no formal education or resources but with years of experience at a high end nursery and working as a personal estate gardener. I had a passion for the industry: the colors, the design, the care process for the plants and the installation of a beautiful landscape. I focused on my ability to listen to others and translate their visions for outdoor spaces into reality. I dedicated myself to hard work, staying true to my word in business dealings and forming long lasting relationships with my clients. Today, 15 years later, I remember the people who encouraged me to pull myself up by my bootstraps and become the best version of myself that I could be. I feel it is my duty to give back the direction and opportunity that was given to me. Our team works hard to celebrate individual stories of success and personal growth, encourage employees who are in college to stay in school and offer training opportunities regularly. We come to work every day and consider how to enhance the lives of our employees by instilling faith in each person that someone cares enough to invest in them. At Lawn & Landscape Solutions, we are not only building landscapes, we are building people.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, Financing Available

Rolling Meadows Landscape & Garden Center is is a full-service company offering services to meet your needs. Our Garden Center focuses on creativity and quality that offers showroom features to provide inspiration. Rolling Meadows is a full service landscape and garden center providing all of the following services: Irrigation system design & installation, Landscape design & installation, Water & Fire Features, Eco-Living, Outdoor Living, Snow Removal, Retaining Wall & Paver Construction & More!