Remodel Masters

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2008

13225 S. Foxridge Dr.

Olathe, KS 66062

Call us at (913) 491-8100 for a free estimate! Remodel Masters specializes in Bathroom & Kitchen remodeling, Basement Finishes and Room Additions. Our customer service, attention to detail and quality of workmanship is among the very best in the industry!...

12/03/2021

Meg K.

Randy and his crew at Remodel Masters did a great job on our new cedar deck. Randy is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. I have used Remodel Masters several times in the past, so it was an easy decision to hire Remodel Masters to build our deck. They did not disappoint. It is beautiful! I would certainly recommend Remodel Masters.

Description of Work
New cedar deck

Category decks

10/07/2021

Todd B.

The construction and finished project exceeded our expectations! Remodel Masters started and completed our project as scheduled and on budget. Randy was responsive to questions and offered good suggestions as construction progressed. The Remodel Masters crew were at our house working every day and all day from project start to project finish. The materials and workmanship are excellent. The cabinets and tilework are beautiful. We love our remodeled spaces and look forward to working with Remodel Masters for our next remodel project!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel, Closet-to-laundry-room-conversion, Laundry-room-to-mudroom-conversion

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

08/05/2021

Jon O.

Randy and his crew did a fantastic job remodeling our bathrooms. I would highly recommend

Description of Work
Bathrooms Remodel

08/02/2021

Elizabeth S.

Our kitchen remodel project was wonderful! Remodel Masters starts with a very clear, detailed contract of exactly what will be done and what the costs will be. He guarantees satisfaction including a lifetime warranty on the work performed. His communication is terrific, you know what to expect every step of the way. His design goal was to give me all of the construction details that made my kitchen perfect. His crew was very polite. They always arrived on time and worked so efficiently. Each day they left everything vacuumed and tidy. We highly recommend him and look forward to our next project together.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

03/05/2021

Chris W.

We were given a solid quote and an estimate for when work would begin. The work actually started earlier than anticipated and daily progress was made and finished the project a day or two early. The workers were very professional and mindful of the space. The work team kept things as clean as possible throughout the project. We received calls and contacts throughout the project on what would be done each day. A very professional crew

Description of Work
We remodeled an upstairs jack and jill bathroom.

Category basketball goals, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

02/11/2021

Andrew V.

Randy's team did a phenomenal job. We highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
remodel two bathrooms and partial kitchen

Category basketball goals, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/30/2021

Lindsay A.

Remodel Masters did a phenomenal job on our basement renovation! Randy and his crew were always professional, kind, and courteous, and were an overall joy to work with. Remodel Masters unlocked potential in our basement that we didn’t even know was there and we are excited to explore. I cannot recommend Remodel Masters highly enough!

Description of Work
Complete remodel/finishing basement, plus adding a bathroom

Category closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

10/22/2020

Larry W.

We were looking for a reputable but quality company to do flooring & countertops in kitchen, as well as our master bath. We selected Remodel Masters, and glad we did. They took the time to work with us in picking our selections for bathroom & kitchen. It did take some time but they finished on schedule. Their work was meticulous such as making sure backsplash was centered & securely placed. They are probably not the cheapest but the quality of work & time spent making sure the work wasin correctly. It is going to be a pleasure enjoying our kitchen & master bath. Thank you Remodel Masters from Larry & Marilyn.

Description of Work
Kitchen & master bath

Category countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling

10/17/2020

Jessica J.

Randy and team did a great job remodeling our hall bathroom and were very flexible with several unexpected obstacles due to the pandemic.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

09/10/2020

Jennifer L.

We would highly recommend Remodel Masters. They just finished two separate, but simultaneous projects for us this summer. They did a bathroom remodel that involved complete demo, a new double-sink vanity cabinet and countertop, LED lighted medicine cabinet mirrors, converting a tub/shower into an expanded shower with complete tile surround and elaborate waterproofing interior, new toilet, new tile flooring and modifications to trim in doorways. Our other project was a basement remodel. They demolished the previous flooring and kitchen layout and installed all new luxury vinyl tile throughout, installed new kitchen cabinets and backsplash, installed a new toilet and single sink vanity and countertop, installed new handrails and balisters, installed and relocated lighting, and multiple other little projects in the space. Overall we were very impressed with how Randy, the owner, was very transparent with the scope and cost of the project(s) and documented all changes in a very timely manner. He was very receptive to any last minute changes/suggestions and was able to accommodate most of our originally unscoped requests. Randy came by the house almost every day to check on the progress and was quick to correct or address any issues that arose. The craftsmen involved in our project were always respectful, professional, and skilled. They cleaned up the project sites every day and were consistently here every day making obvious progress.

Description of Work
Bathroom and basement remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

06/24/2020

Paul J. P.

Randy was very punctual and arrived at the time he said he would be there. I had a cabinet that needed to be cut for the trim piece in order for my microwave oven to fit properly. It was a little more than Randy anticipated, but was very accommodating to make it work perfectly. He cleaned up everything and left everything looking good. I offered to pay him, but he told me this one was on him. Randy has done work for me before, and was appreciative that I called him again. I definitely would use Randy with Remodel Master again. This company backs it A+ rating with Angies List, you will not be disappointed with this company. Here is the finished product for the previous review. Great work.

Description of Work
Cabinet Work

Category woodworking

08/06/2019

Vicky H.

The work was fantastic. Everyone loves the work done.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

05/07/2019

Erik A.

We are so thankful to have found Remodel Masters to finish our basement, they did an incredible job! Our large space of over 1,300 square feet was bare and needed everything from wall studs, plumbing, electrical, to fine finish. The project included creating a large bedroom, add living space, build bathroom, laundry room and complete kitchen. As advertised, Randy Capone, owner of Remodel Masters, was hands-on the project and a true Master Craftsman with the skill and attention to detail we needed. Randy is honest and a pleasure to work with; exactly who you hope for when hiring a Contractor. His crew worked hard and I must give a special shout out as they cared for our home everyday. Randy communicated often from start to finish. Remodel Masters finished our huge project with amazing speed, ahead of schedule, and within our budget as promised. The transformation of our basement is spectacular. Thank you Remodel Masters!

Description of Work
Complete basement remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

01/05/2019

Michael B.

Awesome. We have already signed on for a room addition in April. Randy is great to work with.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

01/05/2019

Michael B.

Randy and his team did a full remodel in our master bath in the summer. They did a fantastic job. Randy will spend his time with you picking out tile and materials and communicates with you at all times to ensure you get what you want. We have recently signed on for our next project in the spring. He will be adding a room onto the back of our house. Can’t wait. I met with him and his architect yesterday. He does great work and is very very reliable. A basement remodel will follow this next project.

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

11/07/2018

Paul J. P.

Randy and Carlos were awesome to work with. They were the only two that worked on our project. There were no subcontractors involved. Very honest and willing to change work orders on the fly. Excellent craftsmanship between the two, with perfection and making everything right from the beginning. I had a plan from the beginning and Randy had good suggestions along the way as we progressed. Randy had suggested LED lights, which was a great addition. I highly recommend this company, as once your project has started, your project is the only one they are working on until it is finished. Was quoted a time frame 4-6 weeks for the completed project. Took right on 6 weeks. Will definitely have Randy and Carlos return for more work in the future.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel

09/17/2018

Joseph K.

Randy was great to work with, his attention to detail is impressive. We had him install a new huge walk in shower with three shower heads, new heated tile floor; install three skylights; and install new vanity and toilet. This was a big job and it turned out above our expectations! Randy walked through every detail of the project with us, and we felt comfortable with his team working in our house while we were way. Only issue was the project took a few weeks longer than we expected, however, it was worth the wait.

Description of Work
They Remodeled out master bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling

09/09/2018

Jodi G.

Great. Very professional, great communication, great job!

Description of Work
Finished a lower level storage room into pool table rooms and full bathroom in this area.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

05/18/2018

Terry L.

I am very happy with my new kitchen. Randy is a true professional. He helped with design and had options for how to accomplish what I wanted done.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

04/11/2018

KATE F.

Remodel Masters is my go-to home remodel company. Randy's is very professional and his work is top notch. We did a basement remodel to convert a wall and build custom built-in cabinets and mount a 65" TV. It was our third job with Randy after a master bathroom and kitchen remodel in our last home. As always, the basement looks amazing. Randy brings creative ideas to each job and can help the homeowner with ideas to take their project to the next level. Will call Remodel Masters again next time I need work done. Keep up the great work Randy and Co.!

Description of Work
Basement Remodel Wall with Custom Built-In Cabinets and TV Mount

Category custom cabinets, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

03/28/2018

Gerald R.

My wife and I contracted Remodel Masters to upgrade our kitchen and master bathroom. Their bid was very fair and competitive. Amazing attention to details and incredibly responsive. The workmanship was second to none. Randy, a true professional, addressed all our concerns while recommending great options. He took our vision and made it a reality. We are extremely pleased and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom improvements.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

08/20/2017

Pat K.

Absolutely perfect, beyond our expectations. Randy is a perfectionist, a wonderful listener and had great suggestions that made our deck even better. He actually does the building with the assistance of his wonderful precise employees. He is in process of remodeling our bathroom and we will write a separate review.

Description of Work
Deck building

Category decks, home remodeling

07/14/2017

Jennifer S.

We selected Remodel Masters to remodel our bathroom in our older home & we are very pleased with how it turned out. The initial reason we choose them was the prompt, professionally prepared estimate, warranty provided & positive reviews. Randy the owner was on site & very involved with the project & communicated daily on progress. Also as things came up as they often do when opening walls he kept us informed of any additional costs involved, options & even offered some additional ideas. We went with some custom wall treatments he suggested & it really enhanced the design. We found Randy to be very trustworthy & committed to providing quality craftmanship. We would use him & his company again & highly recommend Remodel Masters to others.

Description of Work
Main floor bathroom remodel. Gutted old tub & tiled walls & installed floor to ceiling custom tile shower & shower pan, removed & installed tile on the main & did wall treatments of custom wood wainscoting. Removed vanity & replaced with new vanity we provided & installed a custom back & side splash.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your generous review of our services. It was an absolute pleasure working for you!

07/10/2017

Tara T.

It was a $140,000 remodel and they worked 3-4 months. The reviews are all true, until adversity comes and things begin to significantly change. What used to be true during the first part of the job was no longer the case. Recommended for a small, finite job. Randy sincerely wants to do what's right. For a number of reasons, smaller jobs give him the opportunity to succeed and everyone is happy. He is excellent with tile. If you're considering a big job, there's a lot to consider. This was the third major area of our home remodeled or constructed in the past five years, and the first time hiring Randy after twice hiring our original contractor. This job was in the middle, cost-wise. So we have had three major projects and four years experience of almost constant work. The first contractor had a hard time managing costs and we felt it, so we tried an A-rated Angie's list contractor. You will not have that problem with Randy, but you will have others. Email me at [redacted].

Description of Work
remodel kitchen, living room, hall, entry

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

I welcome all honest and truthful reviews from all my Clients. However, when someone attempts to damage my business with falsehoods or specifically target potential Customers looking to have a large project completed, most probably because they violated a warranty claim and are upset, it's just plain unfair and wrong. This is what has happened here in my honest opinion; First of all, this project was no where near $140,000.00 as this homeowner claims. Our original contract was for exactly $68,323.40, BUT she wanted to save money and pay for her custom made Kitchen cabinetry directly, so there was a change order and a 30k credit issued to them before the project even began. This then made our contract only around $38,000.00. They also added SEVERAL change orders all throughout the process and ended up spending around $70,000.00 with my company after all was said and done. I'm not sure I personally would be willing to spend an extra 32k in change orders if the contractor I was using was only performing at an "average" skill level. Secondly, we had this project 95% completed after only 8 weeks, but then I experienced some, "adversity" when around $1200.00 worth of floor tile were stolen off her front porch, even though they live out in the country and have what I think anyone would consider a vicious German Shepard they let run loose after working hours. I paid for the replacement order Tile out of my own pocket without any issues, but since they were a special order and it was right around the Holiday season, her project was delayed by approx. one month waiting on the replacement Tile - we worked there a total of 9 weeks after all was said and done, not 12 - 14 weeks as they stated. I honestly feel like this person severely took advantage of my kindness toward the end of this project...who knows why. Even though I gave them that 30k credit mentioned earlier, which included the cost of the cabinetry, installation AND a small fee for me to manage this sub-contractor, I ended up managing her entire Kitchen project for no charge...which turned out to be a total nightmare of poor workmanship on the cabinet maker's part, and a host of other problems that consumed over 40 hours of my personal time. I also managed their electrical sub-contractor for free at their request. This was another nightmare because they refused to pay the bill since they thought they were being over charged for some items. This caught me in the middle because I had recommended this company. They finally ended up paying them after many hours of emails, phone calls and in person meetings on my part, again, completely free of charge on my end. I have been a contractor for over 33 years. This person was by FAR was the most difficult Client I have ever experienced - EXTREMELY passive aggressive personality. I literally spent HUNDREDS of hours with her because she had to know everything about everything and I gladly explained everything to her in emails, texts and in person consultations. She was nothing short of relentless by texting me at 10, 11 and even 12am in the morning about trivial things that could have easily been addressed the next day during normal working hours. We painted an interior wall for her SIX TIMES because there were two floor to ceiling windows on each side of the wall (one in the East and one in the West), so at certain times of the day when the Sun would rise and set, one could see very light sheen differences in the paint, but only when you stood on an extreme angle right next to the wall and looked down the side of it. If one looked at it from any other angle, it looked great! Not to mention, it wouldn't have even have been practical for anyone to ever do that after her furniture was moved back into the room because she had a 6' high Hutch that sat right in the middle of that particular wall, a Sectional and even a Table that also sat along that wall. She slopped paint all over our finished interior walls because she wanted to save money and paint the Ceiling herself - we ended up having to go back over our entire paint job, again for free to fix her messy paint job. We installed and painted all new wood base mouldings as well...white. She wanted a particular color of white, so we painted everything that exact color she requested. After we installed some of the trim, she thought the color was off and insisted we paint it a different color of White, so we did...again for free. I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point, and my point is; I experience more adversity with this client in my entire career and still ended up completing her project on good terms. Here is an exact quote from this homeowner a couple of days after this project was completed; "Randy. Great workmanship. We hired you because we believed in the quality of your craftsmanship. You didn't let us down. Thank you. The place looks phenomenal." Here is my opinion on why this person stated what they stated in their review; She sent me an email the last week of May, 2017 (her project was completed back in January 2017). In that email she said her Dishwasher that we installed had pulled out of the sides of the Cabinetry it was secured to about one week after we completed her project back in January, stated we didn't install the Dishwasher correctly and requested we come back to fix it immediately because she had already hired another contractor to fix it, but he was unable to do it for some reason. NOW, if this were any other previous Client of mine, I would have been at their house within 24 hours to fix her Dishwasher. However, since this person gave me such a hard time all throughout the remodel, and more importantly, directly violated the written Warranty we provided to her by the following ways; #1 Not notifying us within 10 days of the deficiency, #2 Having a third party attempt to repair the deficiency, I voided her Dishwasher Warranty claim. These are my brutally honest thoughts on this situation. I can assure anyone or everyone that I am far beyond a "C" rated or "average" contractor and I my company can handle large projects of any size. However, all one has to do is read the reviews from all the other previous clients of mine and judge for yourselves.

05/15/2017

Terry F.

He not only performed the work but was very helpful as a consultant on many area of construction and materials that we were not familiar with. On many items he sent us direct to his many contacts and were able to use his volume discount through the referral and save us a significant amount on the materials.

Description of Work
We did a major remodel that went from Plumbing, Tile, fixtures, electrical, flooring, repair, design, and paint. Randy was very proficient at all aspects of our project and we were extremely happy with the work of him and his crew,

Category ceramic tile, drywall, egress windows, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, glass block, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you're happy with the work we've completed on your beautiful home. You will always be among my favorite Clients!