Patriot Fence

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2004

3.7

15857 South Mahassie Street

Olathe, KS 66062

Veteran Owned & Operated, Woman Co-Owned, Two year warranty, Install all heights and types of fences for both residential and commercial customers. Specialize in cedar and ornamental steel residential fencing in the Johnson County Kansas area.

06/13/2019

Caron R.

We had reached out to get bids last fall to see about having a fence installed. Were impressed with the price and that we were able to get squeezed in to let Shawn know what we were wanting to do. At the time we decided to wait to spring to have the fence installed. We reached back out this spring and proceeded with the fence. Quote was still good from last fall. Work got a little delayed but that was because of all the Rain that we received this spring. But once Fence started it was done within a few days. Very impressed with the quality of the wood and the work.

Description of Work
5 foot Privacy Fence

01/26/2019

Johnny S.

Neighbor got a new fence, I was not informed of the fact from patriot or them that they were going to remove my fence on my property without permission. There was a week where three yards all connected, which is a problem with pets. I asked my neighbor to follow up with me if the fence was concreted in or not, how frequent the posts were concreted. I've never heard a response from neighbor or patriot. It seems silly that a note can't be left at neighbors adjacent homes to inform them you're going to rip out their property

Description of Work
I did not need any work done

09/15/2017

Andrea B.

We hired another fence company.

Description of Work
On July 20, 2017, I asked via Angie's List messaging if they gave a military discount. Response was very quick. On July 28, I asked for a quote on a fence. No response to that message.

05/08/2017

Josh R.

This is our second fence project. We had a preexisting gate turned into a double drive gate. They had agreed to reuse the gate. But when he made the new one, he moved the gate down with asking. Additionally, he sized it down, which means the gate is not symmetrical and looks weird. Also, instead of installing new hardware for opening the gate, I asked him to come and simply move the hardware to make it easier. He was extremely rude, raising his voice on the phone, and accused of us of changing the project. He said if he were to come out he'd charge us extra. He also said that he "wasn't going to get walked on." When I mentioned that the other side of the double fence was symmetrical he said, "We made it work." He never asked us for permission, he just chose to do this. Lastly, his communication wasn't the greatest; I always had to call him to follow up.

Description of Work
I had two fence projects done.

Category fencing

[Member Name Removed] stated that he would not hire me again but the ironic thing is that he has hired me two times! He was so happy with our customer service and work the first time that he hired me again. Then at the end of our second job with [Member Name Removed] he complimented our work and how nice the fence looked. [Member Name Removed] says that my communication wasn't the greatest but he called me on my cell phone yesterday and I answered it. Now I am responding to these claims within an hour of it appearing on my email this morning. [Member Name Removed] changed the scope of the project at least 6 times leading up to the actual evening before we were going to start the work. So there was a lot of back and forth and they couldn't make up their mind on what they wanted. The one thing that never changed was that they just wanted us to cut-in this double gate on an existing fence while we were out there doing the other scope of work. I can provide proof of the contract that the only thing that he mentioned pertaining to the double gate was that he wanted us to "cut in a double gate for his mom on the existing fence". That's it! No detail on where he wanted it placed, no detail on what side he wanted the drop rod to be placed, no detail on the size requirement of the opening, no detail on the direction of the swing...NOTHING! I explained to [Member Name Removed] that we were going to have to "make it work" since we were reusing an existing walk gate and building a new gate to match up to it and therefore make it a double gate. He said that it was just so his mom could fit the riding lawn mower through the opening. Again...no detail mentioned on specifications for this gate. We had to move the existing gate down the hill one section because it would have been too close to the house for a double gate and would not have worked. When we did this we set another post in the ground a built a new gate leaf. We always place the drop rod on the down hill side of a double gate when it is on a hill and that is what was done in this case. The symmetry of the gate is within a few inches. Again..."we were making it work" with what we had to work with having an existing walk gate that was turned into a double gate. There were no problems with my work, this gate, or my responsiveness until now when he is upset that I won't meet his demands and change this for free. Now approximately two months have passed since the work was completed and he said his mom is just mowing the yard for the first time and she can't fit through the "double gate". I told him that's why we cut in a double gate so that she can open the other gate to have enough room to fit through. He told me that SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GET OFF THE MOWER TO OPEN THE OTHER GATE LEAF. Doesn't she have to get off the mower anyways to open the one gate leaf??? So why not just open the other leaf while she is at it and there is a nice big opening to fit through. [Member Name Removed] told me yesterday that he just wants me to move the drop rod to the other gate leaf and swap the latch hardware around. I told him that I would be happy to do this for a discounted trip charge between $50-$75. I explained to him that I normally charge a minimum trip charge of $400 to do something like this or any small repairs. I also told him that it is very easy to do if he wanted to save this $50-$75 and do it himself but he refused and said that if I came to do the work that HE WOULD NOT PAY ME THE MONEY. This upset me and I told him that I would not be doing anything for him then if he wasn't going to pay me. This job is approximately 40 miles from my business location. I don't think that it is unreasonable at all to ask him to pay this small reduced fee since there is nothing in the contract stating any details of this double gate and the lack of communication on his part. He is being unreasonable and rude. At the end of our telephone call yesterday he hung up on me so I assumed that he would be taking care of the swap himself. I did not expect him to go onto Angie's list and lie about the facts of the telephone call and the contract that he agreed to. I would be happy to upload a copy of the original contract to Angie's List if needed. My offer still stands even though [Member Name Removed] has bashed me on this site. We will be happy to come and reverse the hardware for a $60 trip charge fee (pre-paid before the work is done). ANY FUTURE CUSTOMERS PLEASE ASK ME ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC SITUATION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY CUSTOMER SERVICE OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY FURTHER DETAIL ABOUT THIS CASE.

03/21/2015

Jeanne Q.

They never returned our phone call or email.

Description of Work
Left our phone # and I emailed him also to look at our fence.

01/14/2015

Janice A R.

Description of Work
They never returned my phone call.

12/18/2014

John W.

Description of Work
They installed a wood fence and fabricated a gate for an unusual project. It went well. My gate is a one of a kind and required R&D. I'm happy with the finished product, it works great.

12/18/2014

Doug C.

Description of Work
Put in new 6ft privacy fence. Excellent job looks great.

08/24/2014

Julie C.

Patriot fence gave us the best quote out of several companies we contacted. They are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We love our new fence and have had many compliments on it!

Description of Work
The provider installed a metal fence on our property.

05/31/2014

Kelly L H.

Description of Work
Took down old picket fence and put up new steel fence. Missed one day due to rain but looks gorgeous!

05/20/2014

jacqueline S.

Terrible

Description of Work
My call requesting an estimate was never returned.

05/19/2014

Steve S.

This provider was personable and friendly and he seemed to understand our special fencing needs around a curved yard and dry creek. We wanted to do business with him, but after leaving several voicemail messages without receiving a return call, we went with another provider.

Description of Work
Received an estimate for a steel fence with three gates

03/13/2014

Mary F.

Shawn and his team built a fence for our backyard here in Olathe. He was very easy to work with, very fair on price, professional and the fence is gorgeous! We would definitely use his services again!

Description of Work
Built fence for our yard.

12/15/2013

Cathy B.

they removed a fence and replaced it . I love my new fence

11/09/2013

Samantha B.

Shawn was incredibly friendly and helpful. He had the fastest response time possible. We set a date for the work to be complete, and it was finished days early! I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
4 foot cedar shadowbox fence

08/08/2013

Jennifer H.

They had the lowest bid and they gave a military discount. They didn't push the most expensive fence on us. They recommended the one that was going to be the sturdiest and longest lasting style of fence. We were going with a different style because that's what our neighbor put up. They really cautioned us against that style because of maintenance issues and the life span of it. The style we ended up going with was actually cheaper. The fence looks great. We've had some issues with the gates settling. They were getting stuck. Getting that problem fixed was a little frustrating. It happened within the first two weeks and it took two months to get them out here. They were not returning phone calls. He hires contractors to do fences and if something goes wrong, he makes them come back and this person was fired so he should have sent someone else. We understood but as a customer, we would have preferred it be done a lot quicker. We've had a lot more settling so there are still some issues. We are out of warranty so it is something that we will have to fix on our own.

Description of Work
We used Patriot Fence to build a wood fence.

05/10/2013

Bob G.

Asked for bid,they responded quick

Description of Work
Responded to bid fast

04/13/2012

Derek M.

Called Shawn at Patriot fence to get a quote to rip out an old fence and replace with a new different kind of fence. The quote we got from Patriot was very reasonable, especially when compared to the competitors we called. We hired him to do the job, and set a start date. They came out on the agreed upon date and ripped out the old fence and had a new fence installed within two days. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the fence that was installed. When we bought the house, it had a Burdge fence installed, and the fence was already starting to fall apart after 5 years. It got to the point where we couldn't keep repairing the old fence so we called Patriot. The price, professionalism, and the quality of the fence makes Patriot the company to go with. We are so happy with them that we will use them in the future. However, with the quality of the fence they put in it won't be for a long time. We would HIGHLY recommend Patriot Fence Co to anyone who was looking to put in a quality fence from people that actually cared about doing a good job.

Description of Work
Rip out an old fence, and replace with a new fence.

03/12/2012

Ali J.

Description of Work
Met them Friday at the home show. They seemed very nice and he wanted me to email him pictures of our fence. I emailed them the next day. By Wed we still hadn't heard anything so we called and left a message. It has now been 10 days since we met them and have heard nothing! Very unprofessional.

09/14/2004

GLENN C.

VERY DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH. DID NOT RESPOND TO CALLS OR COMMUNICATE TIMING OF JOB START. SHOWS UP UNANNOUNCED AND WORKS ODD HOURS. MAY NOT HAVE OWN CREWS, JUST SUBS OUT.

Description of Work
FENCE INSTALLATION.

Harco Fence and Deck, LLC

Harco Fence + Deck is a family-owned business in Kansas City specializing in residential and commercial fencing and decking services. Our contractors work directly with our customers from design to installation making sure that each project exceeds the customer's expectations; paying special attention to your budget and timeline. If you are looking for a unique exteriors option, we will gladly special order any necessary materials. We are a professional exterior construction company whose goal is to enhance your greatest investment in an honest and convenient way. Call Harco Fence + Deck today for a free estimate!

Offers by Harco Fence and Deck, LLC on Angi
    Royal Fence & Design LLC

Super Service Award Winner for 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. Welcome to Royal Fence & Design, LLC. Whether you need a fence repaired or a new fence installed, you won’t find better services than you’ll get from Royal Fence & Design, LLC. We specialize in all types of residential and commercial fence work. Royal Fence & Design, LLC, provides top-quality customer service and installation in Johnson County and the surrounding communities. Entrust your fence installation to a qualified professional from Royal Fence & Design, LLC. We'll make sure the job gets done correctly the first time. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional DBA - Royal Fence & Construction LLC.

2022 Super Service Award

Pine Valley Fence

Pine Valley Fence is a full service fencing company. We offer: Fence Installation, Wrought Iron Fence Installation, Animal Fencing, Driveway Gate Installation. We offer other services as well. Call or email today to get a quote. These hours are subject to change depending on the weather.

Residential and commercial installation, repair of fence and railing & snow removal.

Build decks, provide staining & sealing.