Longwire

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2011

401 S Clairborne Rd Ste. 203

Olathe, KS 66062

Longwire is a commercial and residential technology system design, sales and installation company. We provide technology solutions to our customers and excel at designing systems that are "clean" (no wires or system components to be seen) and easy for anyone to use. Our customers look to us for our

05/21/2018

Doug H.

Working with Longwire has been a great experience. Rob and his team helped us design and integrate an audio and theater system in our new home. They listened to our ideas, were detailed in execution and were easy to work with at every stage. Communication was outstanding ... any and all questions and concerns were quickly addressed. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Home Audio and Theater Install

09/05/2015

Aubrey G.

It took quite awhile to get Longwire to the house, but wasn't upset bc they had a good review on Angie's List, the appeared busy, and they did a good job communicating to us that they were busy at the time. I was actually pleased because they did communicate well up until bidding. When they did come, Longwire had good ideas and we eagerly awaited a response on a plan, quote, bid. It never happened. I don't know if they went out of business or something. I called a couple times. I texted once. I also sent multiple emails utilizing the Angie's list message application. There are a lot of reasons that this provider could decide to 'no bid' or whatever on this potential project. I don't understand how a company with such a good rating here could be so unprofessional as to not return customer communications at all. A note to say, "I am too busy." "I don't like you," "I don't like the project," or anything such as , " I will get to you in a month,' would be the right thing to do and concerns me that a company like this could actually be "A" rated on Angies List. When you see "A" rated you assume professionalism. The fact this supplier has such a good rating concerns me about Angies list in general I am a big boy who wears his "big boy pants" all the time. I don't care what reason this company may of decided to not call me back without giving me even a no bid but after 90 days, with multiple requests, this company does not desire a good rating because lack of professionalism. It seems like this is a small business. I hate to give a bad rating to a small business but hopefully the fact this gets posted, Longwire will learn to better manage communications/expectations and become better in the future. I want to confirm that we never used this supplier so its not a discussion on the quality of its work.

Description of Work
We requested that the provider provide a quote to install high end speaker systems in three rooms of the home.

06/08/2015

Amy C.

Using the existing 1960s-era whole-home system as a template, Rob and Co. installed stereo equipment that successfully integrated our desired mid-century design aesthetic with state-of-the-art interactive audio. All aspects of the job were performed with utmost professionalism and painstaking attention to detail. Considering the relatively invasive nature of running wires to every room, all Longwire technicians were extremely respectful of our home at all times. Occasionally, as the work progressed, ideas or suggestions would arise for potential modifications to the intial plans, which were typically met objectively with interest and enthusiasm. Also, given the intricate scope of the install, the work was carried out within a very reasonable timeframe. Ultimate cost was right in line with the estimate provided at the outset...no hidden charges or fees. Post-installation, if questions or concerns arose, Longwire would always respond and make every attempt to lend assistance and support, even months afterward! With Longwire, clients can expect "perfectionism" in the very best sense of the term. In our experience, every effort was made to ensure that we were satisfied from start to finish. If the client isn't happy, Longwire isn't happy. Would be delighted for our paths to cross again someday. Truly outstanding!

Description of Work
Complete whole-home audio installation/upgrade. Included retrofit of 19 speakers throughout the home and outdoors, extensive placement of new wiring and cabling, mounting of equipment, programming of audio components and mobile devices, etc.

04/05/2015

JOHN & PAT G.

Rob came first for an extended estimate visit, concluding that installing new TV on rock wall/fireplace surround was not practical, and suggested alternative placement with rearrangement of living room, without pushing that his company do the work. We got the new TV and DVD player and had Longwire return, this time James and Jason. They installed and "programmed" new equipment, started reemployment of almost-whole house speaker system that has been unused since we moved in 26 years before. Rob and Jason returned and completed installation of TV and DVD player( (including a surface mount sensor for both) and house speaker system. Installed new 4-channel speaker selector and stereo-ized (my word) the speakers. Reorganized the TV hook up in kitchen/breakfast room. Combined the remotes functions to one remote on office TV. Answered and elaborated on many related questions. All in all, did excellent work in a professional, cordial manner.

Description of Work
Advised on placement of new TV. Set up new TV and DVD player and returned almost-whole house speaker system to service, and solved other TV problems.

02/10/2015

James R.

I found Rob through Angie's List after receiving a bid that I thought was excessive. I discussed what we were wanting to do with Rob. He asked me several questions. I told him what I wanted. He asked me again, to make sure he understood what I was going to be using the system for. I answered his questions again. Then he set me straight! What I thought I needed was to run the music through the television sound bar and subwoofers etc. He informed me that really if I wanted to play music it shouldn't go through the tv sound system and wireless speakers would serve my needs and would be far less expensive. That was the exact value add I needed. Rob is an honest guy. The price was more than fair..Didn't sell me things I didn't need. What more could you ask for?

Description of Work
Purchased two televisions and had wireless/bluetooth speakers connected to devices etc.

12/17/2014

Rob B.

I can't say enough great things about Longwire. They're incredibly knowledgable, patient, and really listen to what you want to accomplish before offering recommendations. Rob worked with us to install a 60" TV and speakers in our ceiling to complete our surround sound. He didn't push us to purchase anything that wasn't needed and he offered numerous options to keep us within our budget (as well as things to consider in the future). He provided his opinion on why one component or technology was better than another. Most importantly, he followed up, kept appointments, and got the job done as promised. They installed everything in about 6 hours and it is better than we could have imagined. Plus, they left our house cleaner than it was before they arrived. Everything was set up, calibrated, and works like a dream. I've already recommended Longwire to two friends that were looking for theater/stereo installation & design. We?ll definitely use them again for our next audio/visual project.

Description of Work
Installed TV, speakers, power management, calibrated surround sound.

09/29/2014

Mary K.

Everything went great. Rob was very good to work with. We had a fireplace installed and things took a little longer than expected. He was very accommodating and flexible which was very nice! We've been using the tv for like 6 months now and have had absolutely no issues. Very happy with the work Rob did! Would definitely recommend longwire.

Description of Work
Mounted TV over fireplace, hid wires connecting to dvd, roku, etc.

09/23/2014

Tony M.

Rob and his associates were very thorough and good to deal with. He went out of his way to get back to any questions or requests I had. I recommend him due to his expertise and honesty.

Description of Work
Install home enteratainment system.

03/31/2014

Steve A.

He came to the house early and finished before expected. He was very informative and I will consult him when I want to upgrade my system.

Description of Work
set up TV and stereo system

03/30/2014

Adam M.

He was not only professional, his prices were right in line and he showed his expertise by providing his opinion on the way in which things should be completed. Everything looks and sounds fantastic. | |I would not only use Longwire again, I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
I had Rob handle some Audio Visual wiring/setup in my newly finished lower level.

01/06/2014

NANCY B.

He listened to our explanation of the intermittent connection between our remote, the t.v., and the control box. He then in short time figured out what the problem was and came up with a solution. He had t return at a later date with the parts needed, but was expedient and the final cost of both parts and labor was fair and reasonable.

Description of Work
Reworded our flatsreen t.v. To our time warner box

08/29/2013

Jared H.

Rob is a very busy man so I was excited to finally get him scheduled. When he came out for the initial bid I was a bit nervous. You could see him taking mental snapshots in his head to get an idea of the options I'd have. He didn't really take any notes, just a picture or two and after talking he left. My gut told me he was the real deal and was just very confident in him work and the turned out to be 100 percent true. A few weeks after the bid my work started. I had all of the equipment and he brought his mounts and wiring. The entire process took two days and he made my job a priority. He offered plenty of suggestions and talked about the outcomes of each. In the end he wasn't very pushy and let me make whatever decisions were best for my wife and I. While he was there I had him do a couple other things so the bill went a little higher than our bid but that was expected. We couldn't be any happier with Rob's services and look forward to having him out again for other projects. They may be a little pricier than other contractors but I bet you'll think the end result is worth it. If you can, schedule Longwire!

Description of Work
Ran wiring for a basement home theater and mounted speakers for a 5.1 surround sound system. Also routed some ethernet cabling.

08/21/2013

Brandon M.

Rob was great! He arrived on time and was very friendly and professional. He clarified the work that he was doing and even remounted the TV for us and a shelf so everything looked and fit good. He was efficient with his time and only made small enough holes in the sheet rock to get the job done and then did a single layer cover of mud. Our Entertainment area looks so much better with all the wires hidden and everything mounted, very happy!

Description of Work
Rob moved out cable and outlet from the wall on the side of the fireplace to behind the TV (mounted above the fireplace).

08/03/2013

Beverly F.

Rob was prompt and met with us during framing of the house. He provided a bid and told us to contact him for wiring, after the electrician and before drywall. He did the initial work as required, then returned right after we moved in to install speakers, connect the TV and components... and best of all, to deal with all those wires! He and his assistant were clean, polite and efficient. They cleaned up with their own little vacuum. He also connected the basic TV sound to run through the stereo system speakers as we asked for. We had no idea how that would be done, and are older and techo-ignorant, unlike most younger people. Rob was wonderful to work with and explained how to use the changed system. Reading some of the negative reviews bothered me. I think people often do not consider the fact a small business, a very small business, has limited personnel. Often only one or two workers. Sometimes customers need to exhibit a modicum of patience in obtaining bids and scheduling work. Rob works hard to build up his small business. He has the knowledge and skills. I can highly recommend Longwire!

Description of Work
We were building a new home and needed to run wire for rear speakers prior to sheetrock installation, and wanted help with connecting TV and all components and hiding the spaghetti mess when we moved.

06/13/2013

Zell M.

When he arrived he wanted extra money for the job. I feel like it was a bate and switch tactic. He was not willing to work with me at all. I got a refund for the deal because he could have done the work but he didn't want to.

Description of Work
He was supposed to install a tv on my wall.

05/21/2013

Joe G.

Rob did a fantastic job. I?m not a tech head by all means,. After the install he took the time to explain everything he did and informed me how to use it.

Description of Work
Installed corner wall mounted TV, reworked wiring audio system so it is network though the house.

04/11/2013

MARSHA R.

Fantastic. Everyone was friendly and explained everything that I asked. Plus they wanted their work (the wiring) to look professional and neat.

Description of Work
They installed a new big screen HDTV, two wall mounted speakers, moved all the boxes(DVR, Cable box, etc) to the basement, installed a receiver and a multi-device remote control There were 2 or 3 guys here all day figuring out how to run the new service to the livingroom and then set up everything. I've never had such a fancy home theatre system. Rob and his crew have come back to tweak and get everything working just perfectly. I wish I could describe more, but I really don't understand all the electronics. I just know that I have everything at my fingertips with the remote and TV viewing is connected to my Wii, the Roku box and Apple TV in addition to the cable and DVR. My job wasn't big by comparison to what most people buy....but I was treated like I spent $1,000,000.

04/08/2013

Stephanie B.

I used them through a big deal on Angie's List. I was very pleased with them. I liked that the gentleman that worked with me took a lot of time to make sure that I would be happy with the placement of the television and the viewing angle would be good from all seating locations. He really took a lot of time with me to make sure I would be satisfied. That was the biggest thing and I was impressed with that. I would definitely use them again for that reason. Their price was very competitive.

Description of Work
Longwire mounted a flat screen TV over a fireplace for us. They ran whatever needed to be run so that we could use the cable box in a closet instead of having it sitting out.

03/26/2013

Dana E.

Got their name off of Angies List because of the high rating. But, don't bother calling them unless you have a whole house system you need to have installed. Owner came to my house to give an estimate to install a simple surround sound. He obviously was not interested in doing the job. Took two weeks to get the estimate, priced the job at more than double what most would charge. I wasted 3 weeks with this company and ended up using the Bose installer.

Description of Work
Was given an estimate for a surround sound installation.

02/20/2013

GREG M.

He is really knowledgeable and helpful. We were satisfied.

Description of Work
Longwire rewired our TV boxes and mounted a TV on the wall. They also ran wires and computers together.

Category tv repair

01/31/2013

KAY K.

Three men including the owner showed up on time and did exactly what they said they would do in the bid. They hid unsightly wires. They were very friendly. They were very conscious to not make a mess and cleaned up anything that got messy. I would definely use them again.

Description of Work
Connected two sets of speakers to CD player and receiver including running some of the wires through the attic.

01/14/2013

Myke B.

I was in a time crunch to get my home theatre system pre wired before the drywall went up. Rob Long was able to make it out for a planning session and a pre and post drywall estimate. I took him up on the pre wire estimate. After his very meticulous and thorough pre wire I decided to give him a go on the post drywall part. The estimate included all the labor, plus multiple components for the system. I will tell you that Rob is not the cheapest estimate you will find but after he completed his work I wouldn't call anyone else. The system looks and sounds incredible. Not a wire or hole in sight. It also passed the wife test as she wanted no wires or equipment visible. Rob and his crew spent a good 8+ hours during the install and stayed late until it was complete. Everyone of his recommendations were spot on.

Description of Work
Pre-drywall Pre wire of basement before construction, including 3 TVs, surround speakers, AV closet planning of home theatre system After construction installation of 3 TV multiple surround sound speakers AV closet Assistance with Dish System programming of remote

09/27/2012

Derek M.

Very positive experience. Rob responded quickly to our initial call and came over the same day to give us a bid. He was very flexible regarding scheduling the work. He and his associate Thomas did a thorough, professional job, including incorporating some equipment we already had in order to save money. We would not hesitate to recommend Longwire to someone looking for a this type of work.

Description of Work
Television and surround sound setup. Existing whole-house audio setup with wireless control.

09/07/2012

Gene B.

Rob is very knowledgeable and creative. Everything works great

Description of Work
Installed televisions and hung on wall. Updated and installed new receivers, DVD players and tuners and speakers

08/19/2012

Ryan F.

Rob was very punctual and easy to work with. There were some difficulties with the install due to the construction of my house, but Rob is a perfectionist and did not give up. Rob was able to install the cable outlet by fishing the line through my attic and down through the wall. The outlet looks perfect on my wall, they cleaned up after themselves, and were very friendly the entire time. Do NOT go through your local cable company for any install. You will end up waiting weeks for a local cable company to drill through the outside of your house and have a mess of wires hanging outside. If you want excellent service and a clean install, call Rob with Longwire. He will do it correctly and make it look good.

Description of Work
Installed cable outlet in living room.