Longwire

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2011

Longwire is a commercial and residential technology system design, sales and installation company. We provide technology solutions to our customers and excel at designing systems that are "clean" (no wires or system components to be seen) and easy for anyone to use. Our customers look to us for our experience and expertise in selecting components to build systems that exceed their expectations....

8-bit Services

We are a Licensed and Insured Residential Electric Shop, We service all size needs in the home, including data and voice. Welcome To 8bit Services The home of your Premium Electrical Service, we are proudly serving the KC Metro AREA we offer the best rates in Town for 2 Master Electricians onsite We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service!

AD'S TEAM ELECTRIC, LLC.

A.D's Team Electric, LLC is an electrical contracting company striving for excellence in customer service. With over 20 years of proven customer satisfaction and experience in all your residential and lite commercial electrical needs. A.D's Team Electric, LLC will provide the high-quality results you expect for your project. Please give us a call today.

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi

05/21/2018

Working with Longwire has been a great experience. Rob and his team helped us design and integrate an audio and theater system in our new home. They listened to our ideas, were detailed in execution and were easy to work with at every stage. Communication was outstanding ... any and all questions and concerns were quickly addressed. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Home Audio and Theater Install

09/05/2015

It took quite awhile to get Longwire to the house, but wasn't upset bc they had a good review on Angie's List, the appeared busy, and they did a good job communicating to us that they were busy at the time. I was actually pleased because they did communicate well up until bidding. When they did come, Longwire had good ideas and we eagerly awaited a response on a plan, quote, bid. It never happened. I don't know if they went out of business or something. I called a couple times. I texted once. I also sent multiple emails utilizing the Angie's list message application. There are a lot of reasons that this provider could decide to 'no bid' or whatever on this potential project. I don't understand how a company with such a good rating here could be so unprofessional as to not return customer communications at all. A note to say, "I am too busy." "I don't like you," "I don't like the project," or anything such as , " I will get to you in a month,' would be the right thing to do and concerns me that a company like this could actually be "A" rated on Angies List. When you see "A" rated you assume professionalism. The fact this supplier has such a good rating concerns me about Angies list in general I am a big boy who wears his "big boy pants" all the time. I don't care what reason this company may of decided to not call me back without giving me even a no bid but after 90 days, with multiple requests, this company does not desire a good rating because lack of professionalism. It seems like this is a small business. I hate to give a bad rating to a small business but hopefully the fact this gets posted, Longwire will learn to better manage communications/expectations and become better in the future. I want to confirm that we never used this supplier so its not a discussion on the quality of its work.

Description of Work
We requested that the provider provide a quote to install high end speaker systems in three rooms of the home.

06/08/2015

Using the existing 1960s-era whole-home system as a template, Rob and Co. installed stereo equipment that successfully integrated our desired mid-century design aesthetic with state-of-the-art interactive audio. All aspects of the job were performed with utmost professionalism and painstaking attention to detail. Considering the relatively invasive nature of running wires to every room, all Longwire technicians were extremely respectful of our home at all times. Occasionally, as the work progressed, ideas or suggestions would arise for potential modifications to the intial plans, which were typically met objectively with interest and enthusiasm. Also, given the intricate scope of the install, the work was carried out within a very reasonable timeframe. Ultimate cost was right in line with the estimate provided at the outset...no hidden charges or fees. Post-installation, if questions or concerns arose, Longwire would always respond and make every attempt to lend assistance and support, even months afterward! With Longwire, clients can expect "perfectionism" in the very best sense of the term. In our experience, every effort was made to ensure that we were satisfied from start to finish. If the client isn't happy, Longwire isn't happy. Would be delighted for our paths to cross again someday. Truly outstanding!

Description of Work
Complete whole-home audio installation/upgrade. Included retrofit of 19 speakers throughout the home and outdoors, extensive placement of new wiring and cabling, mounting of equipment, programming of audio components and mobile devices, etc.

04/05/2015

Rob came first for an extended estimate visit, concluding that installing new TV on rock wall/fireplace surround was not practical, and suggested alternative placement with rearrangement of living room, without pushing that his company do the work. We got the new TV and DVD player and had Longwire return, this time James and Jason. They installed and "programmed" new equipment, started reemployment of almost-whole house speaker system that has been unused since we moved in 26 years before. Rob and Jason returned and completed installation of TV and DVD player( (including a surface mount sensor for both) and house speaker system. Installed new 4-channel speaker selector and stereo-ized (my word) the speakers. Reorganized the TV hook up in kitchen/breakfast room. Combined the remotes functions to one remote on office TV. Answered and elaborated on many related questions. All in all, did excellent work in a professional, cordial manner.

Description of Work
Advised on placement of new TV. Set up new TV and DVD player and returned almost-whole house speaker system to service, and solved other TV problems.

02/10/2015

I found Rob through Angie's List after receiving a bid that I thought was excessive. I discussed what we were wanting to do with Rob. He asked me several questions. I told him what I wanted. He asked me again, to make sure he understood what I was going to be using the system for. I answered his questions again. Then he set me straight! What I thought I needed was to run the music through the television sound bar and subwoofers etc. He informed me that really if I wanted to play music it shouldn't go through the tv sound system and wireless speakers would serve my needs and would be far less expensive. That was the exact value add I needed. Rob is an honest guy. The price was more than fair..Didn't sell me things I didn't need. What more could you ask for?

Description of Work
Purchased two televisions and had wireless/bluetooth speakers connected to devices etc.

12/17/2014

I can't say enough great things about Longwire. They're incredibly knowledgable, patient, and really listen to what you want to accomplish before offering recommendations. Rob worked with us to install a 60" TV and speakers in our ceiling to complete our surround sound. He didn't push us to purchase anything that wasn't needed and he offered numerous options to keep us within our budget (as well as things to consider in the future). He provided his opinion on why one component or technology was better than another. Most importantly, he followed up, kept appointments, and got the job done as promised. They installed everything in about 6 hours and it is better than we could have imagined. Plus, they left our house cleaner than it was before they arrived. Everything was set up, calibrated, and works like a dream. I've already recommended Longwire to two friends that were looking for theater/stereo installation & design. We?ll definitely use them again for our next audio/visual project.

Description of Work
Installed TV, speakers, power management, calibrated surround sound.

09/29/2014

Everything went great. Rob was very good to work with. We had a fireplace installed and things took a little longer than expected. He was very accommodating and flexible which was very nice! We've been using the tv for like 6 months now and have had absolutely no issues. Very happy with the work Rob did! Would definitely recommend longwire.

Description of Work
Mounted TV over fireplace, hid wires connecting to dvd, roku, etc.

09/23/2014

Rob and his associates were very thorough and good to deal with. He went out of his way to get back to any questions or requests I had. I recommend him due to his expertise and honesty.

Description of Work
Install home enteratainment system.

03/31/2014

He came to the house early and finished before expected. He was very informative and I will consult him when I want to upgrade my system.

Description of Work
set up TV and stereo system

03/30/2014

He was not only professional, his prices were right in line and he showed his expertise by providing his opinion on the way in which things should be completed. Everything looks and sounds fantastic. | |I would not only use Longwire again, I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
I had Rob handle some Audio Visual wiring/setup in my newly finished lower level.

Category home theater design

We are a start to finish AV, home automation, and security system design, sales and installation company.

Electronics Repair