We are operating as usual but taking extra sanitizing and health measures to ensure your safety!

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2007

16529 S. Fellows St.

Olathe, KS 66062

We are your honest and dependable heating and air conditioning contractor! Our licensed Master Mechanic Brent will be the technician that comes to your home. We offer flat rate pricing and are licensed, insured and bonded for your protection. LICENSE NUMBER 2019-2912. We accept all major credit cards and offer financing options for the purchase of new equipment. Service available in Johnson County, Kansas only....

06/24/2020

Pearl R.

Service was great, fast and friendly

Description of Work
A/C unit needed a part replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review, we appreciate your business!

04/29/2020

Alan O.

Installation went well. Installer selected by Home Depot where the unit was purchased.

Description of Work
Install new AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it!

06/26/2019

Allison B.

The team at Gatza is professional, responsive and honest. We recently moved into a new home and had no idea what we were working with when it came to our HVAC system. Brent came out, did a full inspection of our system, performed a tune-up, and made honest recommendations. He also identified and corrected a few issues he saw with our system outside of our home...things we would have no idea would affect our system's performance. I will definitely be using them going forward for all my HVAC needs!

Description of Work
Tune-Up/Inspection of System in New Home

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear we met your expectations! We are happy to have you as a customer and appreciate your business!

10/27/2018

Shawn H.

Such a pleasure to work with Gatza HVAC. Prompt, punctual, nice, cost-effective, wonderful to have them in our home. I will be doing the yearly servicing with them and should we need another HVAC part or system replacement we will us them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Total A/C and furnace replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review, we are so glad to hear you are satisfied and hope you enjoy your new HVAC equipment!

05/29/2018

Ray M.

Everything went according to plan. Brent was at the door at 8:00 AM on the scheduled date of the install and had it done by 2:30. The work was professionally done and the unit works great. I would highly recommend Gatza for anyone looking for a reliable, honest, and fair priced HVAC company.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioner installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review and your business, we appreciate it!

10/12/2017

Geoffrey D.

Gatza is great! Very professional, courteous, and honest! I have used them at two different houses now and really enjoy working with Brent. I would recommend them to anyone, and have recommended to several friends/family.

Description of Work
They do my furnace and AC checkup every year, and any maintenance needed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business and loyalty!

10/09/2017

Brittany V.

Everything was great. I bought a deal on Angie's list. The tech showed up on time, cleaned and inspect my A/C, and everything was just perfect. I will hire again.

Description of Work
Air conditioner inspection and cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it and are happy to have you as a customer!

09/13/2017

Kent W.

The owner does all the work. He was very knowledgeable and the quote was reasonable. When I need service or new unit, I am going to call him.

Description of Work
quote new HVAC

Thanks for your review!

09/11/2017

Richard H.

Outstanding work at extremely competitive price

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business!

09/06/2017

Connie S.

Very well. Purchased Angies offer and was quickly contacted by company and scheduled. Brent was courteous, professional and quickly discussed unit after the service was performed. Our unit is 16 yrs old and he pointed out a couple issues but only so I was aware.

Description of Work
annual A/C tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your business!

08/28/2017

Jeremy D.

I can't say enough nice things about Gatza. They have always been responsive, thorough and competitive in pricing. They've always dealt with us fairly and honestly and they stand behind their work.

Description of Work
AC and furnace needed service and repairs

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your business!

05/18/2017

Patricia M K.

Brett was very prompt and professional. He came over to take measurements and analyze the work needed. He gave us an estimate and detailed information about the products before leaving. On the scheduled date for installation, he was on time, completed the work on time, and left the place very clean. Everything operates well, and we are very pleased with the new HVAC.

Description of Work
Needed a new furnace, central air, and thermostat to replace our outdated and poor-performing units. We also needed the existing whole-house humidifier moved to a better access location on the furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business and are glad to have you as a customer!

05/10/2017

Brian S.

Brent showed up on time and ready to go. I thought our problem was refrigerant but after 15 seconds of having the operating Brent suspected it was something else. Sure enough, once we went outside, the fan wasn't turning. Brent proceeded to change the motor, level the unit, and check refrigerant. The unit is working perfectly again and we asked to be put on their yearly maintenance plan.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot A/C problems

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business and are happy to have you as a customer!

04/12/2017

David S.

Brett was great! Would definitely use again

Description of Work
MInisplit installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your business!

01/16/2017

Dottie B.

Brent is very prompt , professional and honest

Description of Work
Furnace repair and maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business!

10/03/2016

Jason W.

Brent and Laura's prices are the best around. I rarely choose the cheapest option when it comes to contractor's but I was referred by a coworker to use Gatza and it paid off big time. Brent is incredibly meticulous and treats each home like it was his own. When the hot water heater was replaced with a tankless, Brent rerouted my natural gas line so it did not stick out in the middle of the basement room where the water heater was. I was very worried about the high efficiency vents for the furnace and hot water heater as we just spend a bundle replacing our siding. The vents were installed very professionally and look fantastic! I am very pleased with the craftsmanship, schedule and pricing and would refer Gatza to a friend. There is no reason to go with another HVAC company!

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and A/C as well as hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks for your comments, we truly appreciate your business and are glad to hear you are satisfied!

07/25/2016

BETTY O.

Just as the heat hit, our air conditioner stopped cooling our house. We contacted Gatza who worked us into their busy schedule during the heat wave. It turned out our 13-year-old air conditioner had a hole in it and all of the freon had leaked out. We decided to buy a new air conditioner, and the workman returned only 2 days later (during the height of their busy season) to install the new air conditioner. He also noted that our existing a/c was over-large for a house with our square footage, so we saved money by buying a smaller, more efficient a/c We were quite pleased with the work!

Description of Work
Air conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are pleased to hear you are satisfied and know that we truly appreciate your business!

06/06/2016

Patricia M K.

Very well. Brent was prompt, professional, and informative. I was thrilled that he could help us within 24 hours of making the call.

Description of Work
Our central air conditioner was cooling a bit, but not enough to get to the temperature we desired. I called Brent, who immediately returned my call. On the phone he said it sounded like the unit was low on refrigerant, but could come over the next day to see. He arrived at the agreed time, and determined the unit need 2 pounds of refrigerant. He added it, and since then we have a cool home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review and we are glad you are satisfied!

10/17/2015

Melissa R.

Brent has serviced our A/C for the last few years now. He is always very punctual and honest. While servicing our A/C last time, he noticed that our water heater drain was dripping and spent the extra minute to fix at no charge. We would definitely recommend Gatza to anyone looking for an honest service provider.

Description of Work
Replenished A/C refrigerant.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your loyalty as a customer!

10/09/2015

Jason S.

Arrived on time, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.

Description of Work
Annual inspection and service of furnace and humidifier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We truly appreciate your business!

08/06/2015

Rohan C.

My experience with them was really good.

Description of Work
They repaired my air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business!

07/21/2015

nancy O.

My air conditioner was struck by lightening. Because I needed to replace it, Gazda was referred to my by my roofer. I found them to to be prompt, helped me with the insurance information and replaced the old air conditioner with a new one. They also replaced an older furnace. They were polite, knowledgeable, and efficient. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I had Gazda install a new air conditioner and furnace. They were professional, trustworthy and informative. I would use them again.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your business and review. We truly appreciate you as a customer!

05/30/2015

Thomas H.

From quote to project completion all aspects were delivered as committed...expectations exceeded. Ensuring we understood what our options were, offering experience and insight when we're unsure on design. Particularly appreciated offering thoughts on areas to maximize the value of our investment. Professional, personal and punctually...traits often a rarity these days. Yesterday we received a hand written note thanking us for the business and selecting Gatza. You won't go wrong working with them.

Description of Work
Install 2 complete HVAC systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind review. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and are glad to hear you are happy with your purchase and our service!

04/20/2015

RICHARD S.

Brent was timely, knowledgeable and professional. A real gentleman in every sense of the word. We recently purchased a home in Olathe which had a programmable thermostat that we had difficulty using. After finding Gatza Hearing & AC in Angies' List, I gave Brent a call. He suggested I buy the thermostat I wanted and he would install it for a $69.00 service call charge. I bought a thermostat at Home Depot and Brent came out the next day to install it. It turned out I bought the wrong kind of thermostat - I needed one compatible with a heat pump. After giving it a good college try, Brent was unable to make the thermostat work in our application. He agreed, however, to come back the next day and install one that would work. I returned the thermostat to Home Depot and purchased one that was compatible for our application. Brent came out again the next day and installed it, explained how it worked, and answered all of our questions. Brent wanted to charge only the $69.00 he had initially quoted, even though he made two service calls to our house because of my mistake. We insisted on him taking $100.00 for the two service calls and he reluctantly agreed. I intend to use Brent for all of my hearing and air conditioning needs from here out. He is a real pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Replaced progammable thermostat with a manual one.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and your business!

03/10/2015

Dee F.

Brent is always prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. He has been doing our spring and fall maintenance check-up for several years. This time he found a leak in the coil and it was loosing freon. He did not immediately replace the coil, which would have been very expensive, but instead explained all my options and gave me the pros and cons of each. I appreciate a service person that doesn't jump right in to make a sale but gives the customer choices and let's them decide. I've had no additional problems since his repair.

Description of Work
Annual spring maintenance check up and filter change along with repairing a coil leak and adding freon.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for being a loyal customer and for your review. We appreciate your business and are so glad to hear you are a satisfied customer!

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

KC Chimney Service

Chimney service. Small company three employees. Contractor for construction services. Residential and small commercial.

Aardvark Residential and Commercial Services, Inc.

When you need the best chimney sweep and repair services the Kansas City area has to offer, you can trust the experts at Aardvark Residential and Commercial Services, Inc. Our team of chimney sweepers has been serving the Kansas City area for more than two decades, providing quality chimney cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, air duct cleaning, and pressure washing for residential and commercial properties. We pride ourselves on our customer service and quality of work, and we want you to see the Aardvark difference.

2017-2912
    Johnson County, KS
    Johnson County Contractor Licensing
    12/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We do not work on equipment powered by LP (propane) or ground source units.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

How is Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. overall rated?

Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. open?

Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. provide

Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.?

Yes, Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offer?

Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. offers the following services: Your honest and dependable heating and air conditioning company featuring service, repair and installation of heating and air conditioning equipment. We also specialize in building custom-fabricated ductwork for basement finishes and remodeling. We also provide HVAC inspection services for the purchase or sale of a home. We service all of Johnson County, Kansas.

Are there any services Gatza Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. does not offer?

We do not work on equipment powered by LP (propane) or ground source units.