Handyman Connection of Johnson County

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2004

With over 20 years of experience in providing top quality home improvement and repair services, and backed by satisfaction our competitors can't match, isn't it time to give us a call? Whether you have small or large projects for the interior or exterior, we offer the quality you expect and the customer care you desire to make your home repair and improvement project dreams a reality today. Skip the stress of unlicensed or inexperienced contractors with the trusted quality of Handyman Connection. We offer both residential and commercial handyman repairs, call us today - One Call. One Connection.®...

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

4.4

handyman (406)woodworking (70)door installation (54)electrician (52)plumbers (51)drywall (47)general contractors (31)interior painting (30)lighting (30)house painting (19)deck cleaning (19)decks & porches (18)

07/30/2021

Eric L.

Called to get new railings installed for new concrete steps. Greg came out. We gave him an idea of what we wanted. He took measurments and said he would get us a bid. I called 2 weeks later asking about where things were. I was told he was out that day and would be told we called. It's now been several weeks since I called. Never heard a peep. I understand things happen and I hope nothing bad did to keep him from doing the job or contacting us. But to not hear anything from him or the company? Won't call again for other jobs we have planned.

Description of Work
Install railings for new concrete steps

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

03/03/2021

Andy A.

Tremendous! High quality work delivered on-time for the price quoted.

Description of Work
interior trim work. Replace some wood rot, installed trim at an existing cased opening and installed quarter round trim along an existing baseboard.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Thank you very much for your review. I will let your craftsman know of your kind words and evaluation. Please call our office if you need any additional assistance in the future. We are here for you home projects.

01/03/2021

Carol B.

Excellent. They came the day I called them, and did the work at a reasonable price and quickly. They even offered some advice for the future!

Description of Work
Fixing a ceiling fan that we installed that didn't work.

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

12/14/2020

Louis B.

Went very well. Bob arrived as expected, was very professional. As the opening was not standard it took him a few hours to get the doors to fit properly but was done to perfection. However, when I painted the doors the trim swelled up and prevented the doors from closing, but No Worries as I call Bob and he came out the same day and fixed the problem. Overall job well done and at a reasonable price. Will call him for future projects !!!! 5 Star rating !!!

Description of Work
Installed two French doors

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Thank you very much for your positive review. I will pass this on to Bob and thank you for choosing Handyman Connection for your projects.

12/05/2020

Alexa B.

He was amenable, more than willing to accommodate the needs, and because this is a manufactured home that doesn't have standard plumbing installation, he worked within the parameters... did a great job. Thanks Bob!

Description of Work
Install replacement dishwasher and install new garbage disposal. Plumbing: take out old dishwasher and install new. He had to redo the entire plumbing under the sink, working alongside an electrician.

Category handyman service, plumbing, home security systems

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

Thank you very much for your review and please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance in the future.

11/18/2020

Fred K.

This is not my contractor! Correct contractor is Mr. Handyman of NE Johnson County, Lenexa, KS.

Description of Work
Wrong contractor

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

I am sorry but our company Name is Handyman Connection of Johnson County. Our office is located in Merriam Ks. Thank you

08/10/2020

Felicia N.

I didn’t feel he was interested in doing the job. Being of aging I need railings to help me get up the stairs to my home.

Description of Work
I never received an estimate for the railing

Category fencing, handyman service, home security systems

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

I am very sorry for your feelings on your appointment for your railing project. I can reschedule for someone else to come out and give you an estimate for your project if you would like. We here at Handyman Connection always want our customers to be satisfied with the experience.

06/29/2020

PAUL B.

I submitted a request for a quote on 6/18. I have not received a response as of 6/29.

Description of Work
Repair 2nd floor bedroom window bump out. Right-side stucco panel of the bump out does not fit flush and allows water in. Need to evaluate/repair structure and reposition panel. I have caulked the seam, so not an emergency. Looking for a repair within a few weeks.

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

I am very sorry that we were not able to make contact with you. Our records show that we tried to reach you on 6-19 regarding your project to get additional information. I will try to reach you by phone again to discuss your project

06/24/2020

David R.

Came out and never seen or heard from him again.

Description of Work
Porch columns repair

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/15/2020

Michele S.

They were very good, the work that they did was great.

Description of Work
Fixed a broken window

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Thank you very much for your review. Please call us if we can assist you in the future with any of your home project. Thank you again for using Handyman Connection

05/18/2020

Rebecca B.

We were initially happy with the work done by this company. The subfloor that we had replaced due to a leak was very well done. When we decided to use the same service to remove a plastic/fiber glass and install a shower base things did not go anywhere near as well. First the guy who came out to give an estimate couldn't come at the time we had scheduled. He called about two to three hours before the appointment an said he had gotten held up and that he would come out the next day. No big deal except that he didn't show up as planned. When I called to say that he hadn't shown up the company didnt apologize and we had to wait another week to get an estimate. Then the day he was supposed to do the work we were told he would be there at 9:00. He didnt show up until 1:00 because the company gave him a 9:00 until 4:00 time frame. They just told us 9:00 so I spent a lot of the day thinking he would be a no show again. The shower removal and install was well done but then we asked him to put drywall in so I could put tile up. That was a complete mess. The new dry wall that he put up was a different thickness than the old dry wall with the new drywall being 1/4 to 1/2 inches thinner than the exsiting dry wall. The edges of the old dry wall was not straight. There was no taping or mudding done. There were also gaps between the old and new drywall because it was not cut straight. When I asked the handyman about it he told me to just put mudding compound on it to even it out. There was no way that was going to make it level. He said he hadn't charged us for the drywall work since there had been confusion on times so I guess to him that was fine to leave it like that. When I spoke to the company about this, they said they would send the same guy back out to mud it even though I told them I didnt want the same guy to come out. They also said it would be a $175 charge. But I have no confidence that would be done correctly. We now have to replace most of the drywall in the bathroom to actually get it even which is more than we would have had to do if he didnt do the "free" work that he did. It's basically going to take another couple of weeks and more money to get this done. Again there was no apology from the company about any of this.

Description of Work
Subfloor repair, shower base install, drywall

Category handyman service, home security systems

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for Handyman Connection of Johnson County - 10000 W 75th St, Merriam, KS - 38574722

11/09/2019

Colleen C.

The handyman came to review - several calls and emails to the main office and I never received the estimate.

Description of Work
Need to install panelling, repair drop ceiling and paint interior walls

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2019

11/04/2019

Jacqueline W.

The handyman showed up as scheduled to review the job, and said he would send an estimate that night. No estimate was ever received, the work was not scheduled, and it still is not done.

Description of Work
A variety of small tasks such as hanging televisions, towel bars, etc.

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

11/01/2019

LISA O.

Never showed up for appointment. When I called, they said appointment was canceled in their system. They didn't follow up with me, and provided no explanation of how this could have happened.

Description of Work
Patching drywall holes

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

I am so sorry for the mix up in the appointment. We had a computer issues that we were unaware of with the program that schedules appointments. We had some appointments that were automatically cancelled without our knowledge. Again we apologize for the inconvenience that this causes.

10/15/2019

FLOYD M.

The work on the doors was tedious but the doors were finally planed until they would close.

Description of Work
Working on three doors in the house that were sticking and would not close; installing a plastic cover over a basement window well.

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

Thank you for allowing Handyman Connection to assist you with your project. I will let your craftsman know of your positive feedback. Please consider us for any future projects. Again thank you for your business

10/15/2019

FLOYD M.

Joel was sent as a drywall painter to take care of this project. He did an excellent job and we are very pleased that the painted area blends perfectly with the rest of the room.

Description of Work
We needed an extended crack along the top of one wall and ceiling in a basement room treated with spackle paste and then painted.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Thank you for choosing Handyman Connection for your project. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your project. I will let Joel know of your positive review. Please consider us for any of your future project needs. Again thank you for your business

10/11/2019

Alex E.

The gentleman came to give an estimate, but then stayed to replace the rotten board since the job was pretty simple. They did it quickly and did a great job. Both guys were very nice and the work looks great.

Description of Work
Replacement of a rotten piece of trim by an upstairs window.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

Thank you for choosing Handyman Connection for your project. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your project. I will let your craftsman know of your positive review. Please consider us for any of your future project needs. Again thank you for your business

09/30/2019

Dawn S.

High quote. I spoke with Pam regarding the high quote. She said she would get back with me after speaking with the craftsman. That never happened, Pam never got back with me. The craftsman was also an hour and a half late, with no phone call letting me know he was going to be so late

Description of Work
Entertainment center to be completed

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

09/20/2019

Bill K.

John Hunsucker could not have been more kind and helpful in fixing my problem. He is welcome in my home anytime I need a repair. Handyman Connection has always come through for me.

Description of Work
Toilet paper dispenser had come loose from my bathroom wall.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/12/2019

Mary P.

Forrest was great, very polite and professional. Thank you.

Description of Work
Two additional hand rails installed

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

07/08/2019

Erin T.

John did a great job. He gave us a break on the pricing becuase I had removed the previous fixtures and already hung the new fan. He was very fair to only charged us for the work he did.

Description of Work
Wiring for celling fan and installation of a chandelier.

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

05/10/2019

Canon M.

Guy showed up, looked at it, said it might require ductwork to get it completed, but was not sure, and was going to check on it and get back to me. the next day I get a call from the company saying, BTW, he is out for 2 days on vacation and will not get back to me until the next week. He never reached back out. A few weeks later, I called the company to figure out what was going on. Was told he was not going to do it as they didn't handle ductwork, and that I needed an HVAC guy to do it. I asked for them to send someone else, as I did not believe that was required. They said No. They did not offer a suggestion of who to call or provide an explanation of why no one let me know this. Not very happy with these guys, and would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote to vent my range hood to the outside (currently through microwave to inside the house)