Stranger Creek Pools

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2010

Additional email - vera@strangercreekpools.com....

07/20/2020

Jon H.

I worked for this company for a month or so. The owner Steve was very kind to me, however that all changed. One of their employees was training me on hitching a compressor to my boss’s truck and he broke my pinky. I went to my boss Carl IMMEDIATELY after it happened and told him I thought it was broken and continued working. I went to the hospital the next morning as I had woken up and it was swollen and purple. My boss told me I’d be covered under workers comp so I got x-rays and found out it was indeed broken. I sent the bill to Steve and went to back to work the following day. Maybe a week or so later I had to stop my employment so my wife could pursue an opportunity that was more financially suitable for our family and he denied my workers compensation and I got a bill from Olathe medical center for $425.

Description of Work
I was in training on how to build pools

Category swimming pools

It’s disappointing when former employees post negative comments. Truth is this person worked for us for a very short time and never a full week due to personal challenges requiring multiple days off. The first week he worked two days, the second week he worked 3 1/2 days, leaving early and taking a day off. The third week he worked 4 days plus taking off early one of those 4 days and the last week he worked one day and quit. On the day in question this individual was distracted all day by multiple domestic phone calls and while assisting a long term employee to connect a towable compressor this individual kept his hand on the trailer hitch ball as the unit was being lowered on the hitch and it caught his finger causing a micro fracture. He asked if we had workman’s compensation to cover the medical aspects of the accident and I advised we did, that it was administered by the Lawrence Memorial Hospital. That they would also conduct a drug test in accordance with the established Workman’s Compensation insurance requirements. However this individual without consulting the Company, and in violation of company policy, went to the Olathe Medical Center for treatment, an out of network facility in violation of both Company policy and the Workman’s Compensation insurance policy requirements including the required drug test. Further he incurred an emergency room bill of $1,930.00, never forwarding any paperwork to the Company and it wasn’t until the Olathe Medical Center called and advised of the outstanding billing were we aware of the charges. As he failed to follow protocol the Company paid the charges out of pocket as he had violated Workman’s Compensation requirements. The Company wasn’t made aware of this additional charge of $425.00 until this individual began publishing negative comments on multiple platforms. He never called nor forwarded the invoicing to the Company. After we made inquiring calls we discovered it was for the physician’s billing and we as well, paid that billing.

04/22/2011

Dan G.

Coldn't have gone smoother if I had scripted it. From this customers' perspective, it was the most pleasant experience with a service provider. Professional, responsive and respectful crews, thoughtful on clean up of work areas during and after construction. Mr and Mrs King operate a great organization.

Description of Work
Stranger Creek Pools installed a gunite in-ground pool at our home in Lawrence, KS. The project was conducted in conjunction with a landscape and deck construction project as well.

Category pool cleaners

Residential & commercial iron railing & fencing, new construction, decorative concrete walks, patios, driveways & hauling.

Visa, Check, MasterCard, Discover