MVP Electric, Heating & Cooling

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2009

9851 Widmer Rd

Lenexa, KS 66215

At MVP Electric Heating & Cooling, we offer the best heating, air conditioning, electrical, and water heater services in the greater Kansas City, Overland Park, and Lenexa, KS area. Our highly trained technicians are here to help you with the repair, replacement, and service of all brand of heating and air conditioning equipment, residential and commercial electrical work: panel upgrades, troubleshooting, landscape lighting,home theater wiring. At MVP Electric Heating & Cooling, you will find upfront price in writing before work begins. Techs are all background checked, drug tested, and attend ongoing training. Additional Email - info@mvpelectric.com....

08/11/2022

Keri P.

Do not use MVP! We had a whole house contract with them to service our entire house. We set up an appointment to have them come service our AC units. We have two. They recommended preventative work on both of them ($620) and a complete Freon flush and refill on one ($1400). I had someone else come out and take a look at the one that needed Freon. It had not even been cleaned at all. It was filthy. And I had 3 pounds of R22 freon put in by another company and it's working perfectly. When I called to discuss this with MVP they said that we were only under contract for one AC. Not sure why that's the case. We had asked to have the whole house covered and were under the impression it was. Apparently, they arbitrarily picked one AC to work on and clean. Didn't do anything to the other one. Not only did he not do anything, he didn't mention to me that he wasn't servicing it. Did not mention how dirty it was and that it needed to be serviced. I have a problem when they tell me they're both not under contract and yet he was checking the Freon levels and making recommendations for the other unit. If in fact we were truly not under contract for both units, I did not give him permission to touch that unit. This company was not upfront with me and I refuse to work with someone that I believe is not on the up and up. In addition, they are very expensive. FYI, we had been paying the monthly coverage for about a year.

Description of Work
Whole house/ac service

09/10/2021

Phyllis H.

The bad storm on the night of the 12th and morning of the 13th, caused a tree limb to fall and took out my power line and ruined other things. My grandson, Brandon York is a service writer at SK Mechanic, told me about MVP. SK does business with Chip at MVP. Brandon called Chip for me and Kenny was sent right out. Kenning did a terrific job of explaining all the needed to be done. He gave me an estimate and we discussed upgrading everything. He gave me another estimate to include the upgrade. I chose to go with the upgrade in the repair. I thought the estimate was very reasonable. Kenny also said that he would work with Evergy and take care of everything. Kenny made this Grandmother very relieved! On the day of the upgrade repair, Kenny and another great MVP electrician (I am so sorry that I forgot his name-I apologize for that), came out and got it all fixed. They were so amazing! They treated me like I was their own Grandmother! I feel like I have 2 new Grandsons! MVP is a part of my family now. I signed up for MVP's plan that includes plumbing, heating & air conditioning and electric. It has everything that I needed and have been looking for. I am so relieved that I now have a responsible company to call when I need one of these services. Thank You Chip, Rhonda, Kenny and the other Great electrician for your excellent service. You have made this Grandmother feel so protected and so very happy! God Bless You all!

Description of Work
Repair damage done by storm-tree limb fell on power line and ruined electric things on the outside of the house. I had everything updated in the repair.

07/04/2021

Steve C.

Tanner was the plumber and he handled the job extremely well. Some work was done by another company that was deficient, Tanner pointed out the faults and corrected and improved everything. He is very knowledgeable and efficient and has a great personality and explained the whole process clearly. I have used MVP for electrical and HVAC work in the past and have always been pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Correct a faulty vent on kitchen sink

Category appliance repair, plumbing

09/22/2020

Lane N.

Terrible experience! Returned home from vacation to no hot water. After hours of looking for the problem I found my gas was shut off. After reviewing a week of security footage I find MVP in the footage. Knowingly shutting off my gas to my home and never notifying me or turning it back on. What a careless company and very dangerous. All the gas leaked into my house while it was closed up from me not being home. This company refuses to take responsibility for their actions. Save yourself a headache and find a professional. Not this sleepy company.

Description of Work
None! They disabled my service and left me without gas when working on a neighbors.

06/23/2020

Debra B.

It went very well! I was referred to them by a VP at the company I work for. Antonio came by to give me a bid - no pressure! Tyrone, Charles, and Aaron replaced the unit and coil. They were all professional, courteous, and positive. When I had questions, they took the time to explain. They all were equally great! Thank you MVP!

Description of Work
My 30 year old a/c finally gave out. Needed a/c unit replaced.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/19/2020

Marilyn P.

Replaced the motor on a Monday and on the Friday I smelled gas, and they came to shut it down, I had no furnace and AC for the summer, and you called MVP 6 straight times during the summer of 2016 and it still doesn't work, they could get it work properly, I have to buy new blinds and registers so I can open and close the registers. One time I was able to talked to the owner's wife, and she said that they are trying to service everybody that does not have an Air conditioning, she got loud, told me that they are no longer interested in working with me at me and immediately hang-up.

Description of Work
Furnace check and motor replacement

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/03/2019

Marie M.

I had requested an estimate from this company because when I found them online the information revealed that they install a variety of brands. I believed a variety of brands would suggest a price range, and although a price range does exist with them it isn't fair. The price for the economy brand was approximately $2000 on the estimate, but on their price page $4000 more than anywhere else. After extensive research, brand pricing, and manufactured reviews, I had an idea for a fair price. The salesman who showed was punctual and friendly, but at the end of the day it was all a ruse to try and sell hard. He tried to convince me that all brands can be good but that it only mattered "who" installed it and how it was installed. It is true that any equipment installed poorly won't function up to par, yet there are a few brands that have red flags across the industry because of how they inevitably had a manufactured defect. Additionally, after the salesman wrote the bid he left it on his clipboard and pushed over the table to me so that I sign. I began to remove the estimate from the clip board and he told me that I had to sign. He showed me an "A" line for "accept" and a "D" line for "decline", and proceeded to explain that I had to draw a line under either of the two. I only drew a line beneath the "D", and he told me that he had to have my signature. No one had asked this of me before on an estimate. I clearly wrote, "I decline this offer," and then signed.

Description of Work
Estimate on HVAC Replacement

03/18/2019

Helston S.

The project went well great customer service from the technicians.

Description of Work
Replace broken porcelain light fixture in stairwell leading to basement.

12/01/2018

Wendy M.

They came and quoted a cost for taking down and installing 3 light fixtures. One was on a very tall ceiling and was a heavy large antler fixture. The first two lights were installed nicely and we were happy with their work. The last fixture required scaffolding which we provided and set up for them. They broke one of the antlers as they were taking it down (which they taped and glued back together and since it was awkward and accidents happen forgave them this mishap). The fixture was too large to go through the door to the room we wanted it too hang so they sat around trying to figure out how to complete the job. They came back the next day but still couldn’t figure it out. They asked my husband for a check and he paid them in full. I talked to them before they drove off and said the job wasn’t completed and a large portion of the quote was for installing that large fixture. They promised they would make it right. I assumed this meant they would figure out how to install it or refund that portion. Of the $1984 total bill they charged $882 to set up scaffolding (which my husband and some friends did because they said they didn’t want to take liability for damaging something) and to take down the antler fixture and install in another room. I called the manager a few days later as I had not heard back from them and the manager said that he wasn’t going to refund any of the $882 because they were there for quite a few hours trying to figure it out. I told him the quote was for the job, it wasn’t quoted in hours. He still did not offer to refund any, come and finish the job or give a credit. We had a couple of workers there who were working on the yard. One came in and said he thought he could move and install the fixture. Within 2 hours he had it in the room and installed. I was very disappointed in MVP’s resolution of the problem. In addition we paid $350 for them to run a line outside to light an outdoor rock entrance monument. He told me they may not be able to do it if they couldn’t find the conduit. We told him our outside crew who were working on the yard could dig a trench if they couldn’t troubleshoot the line coming from the garage. They spent a couple of hours on it, couldn’t fix it and still charged us the $350. All I can say is I’m really happy I didn’t sign up for their service agreement which would have given me a savings.

Description of Work
Mainly taking down and installing light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

06/20/2018

Vanessa V.

Had a great experience with MVP. The entire team was professional, experienced and polite. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
AC/Furnace Replacement

05/31/2018

brian I.

Have nothing but good to say about MVP. They were responsive to my request for a quote. I called another highly recommended electrician that never called me back. The MVP installers, Todd and Dundee, were a pleasure to work with and very personable. The installation was neat and professional and thoroughly tested. MVP was very easy to work with and were exceptional with follow through and follow up. Also received 10% discount for mentioning Angies List. I would do business with MVP again any time.

Description of Work
Upgraded power from 100 amp service to 200 amp service

05/22/2018

Paula N.

Installed dedicated circuit for microwave and some new outdoor outlets. Replaced halogen bulbs with LED ones.Other work to solve problem of overloaded circuits and malfunctioning lights. It seemed expensive, but I have no real basis for comparison. Everything seems to be working well now except when it is stormy. They did not come on the day of the first appointment, but they did call and let me know

Description of Work
Use of microwave or toaster was causing lights to dim. Outdoor outlets were not working. Some overhead lights would blink or one bulb in a fixture would go dim even though it was not burned out.

Category electrician, lighting

03/23/2018

Ashley P.

Our technician was fantastic. He took the time to explain what he was doing and where the problems were. Turns out the furnace failed part of the inspection and was deemed dangerous to use. We were able to provide this information and photos to the seller and was able to reduce the price of the house. Overall, we got the exact information we needed to move forward with buying our house.

Description of Work
My fiancé and I are currently buying a house. When we had the general inspection done, the inspector informed us that the furnace was 25 years old. We decided to have a specialist come take a look at it to make sure that it was safe to use before we bought the house. It was the best 100 bucks we’ve spent.

03/16/2018

Kevin M.

Solid Troubleshooting & Reliable, Long-lasting Fix Had a problem with Humidifier leaks and poor performance. Credit MVP Antonio with finding at least 5 ways to fix or improve system performance. Then he shopped for a shark bite with a quarter turn faucet valve to replace BOTH of the unreliable saddle and screw systems used for refrigerator water feed. (we have 2 furnaces in basement). Solid, positive control, long lasting. Then we tested the system at length, and ensured reliable performance. That's important. Cleaned as he went. And the price reflects best value -- with no quibbling on fixing everything he discovered. I know I have safe and efficient HVACs with regular MVP maintenance care. Thanks !

Description of Work
Humidifier Leaked and poor performance (low humidity) despite highest setting

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/23/2017

Stephen S.

Timelly, well done, professional. Nice people. Trustworthy.

Description of Work
3 light switches replaced

09/02/2017

Dale H.

It was free. They installed my unit a few years ago so I have a contract with them for the seasonal check ups. The reason I use them is that they installed my unit so I have a few years warranty with them. They did a good job installing the unit, but I have not been real pleased with some of the follow up visits.

Description of Work
They completed my summer check up.

08/24/2017

Donna D.

The entire experience with MVP was excellent. The receptionist/dispatcher was so kind and helpful. She was able to get me an appointment the same day I called. Todd, MVP Electrician, called to let me know he was on his way and showed up at the time he said he would. He took his time explaining things to me and answering all my questions. He didn't rush through anything and solved the issues! I would absolutely recommend MVP and will most definitely use them in the future!

Description of Work
After a terrible storm that caused a power surge, I needed an electrician to inspect the damage and access other issues I was having at my house.

Category electrician, water heater repair

08/23/2017

Karen .

Excellent!!! Todd and Charles are fast, clean, knowledgeable, punctual, polite and patient

Description of Work
Rerouting electric, adding outlets, running a line for a sconce, capping an outdoor motion light and adding a circuit to a panel.

Category electrician, lighting

07/07/2017

Richard P.

Mike and his associate showed up promptly, and checked the system, and installed a surge protector. Very thorough, focused, and efficient work. carefully removed panel, re-attached , and thoroughly cleaned up afterwards. Good natured ,friendly guys to boot. Thumbs -up on MVP!

Description of Work
Electrical check and surge protector install

06/26/2017

Judy P.

He was thorough and gave me suggestions on how to improve my home.

Description of Work
The electrician looked at the electrical performance of my home. He answered questions I had regarding a couple of outlets.

05/26/2017

Dominic N.

Technician did a very good job. He removed the condenser unit panels and cleaned the coils

Description of Work
A/C tune up

05/22/2017

Michael M.

It is an older house and the furnace is in the crawl space. I had the technician check it over because we just bought the house. After going down into the crawl space 3 months later to change the filter, I found that the technician just jammed in a filter that was way too large. It's a relatively minor thing but not anything that I would expect to have happened from a reputable company. That all being said, it was an Angie's List promotion and the whole thing cost me something like $35 so I can't complain too much.

Description of Work
Had my furnace serviced

Category electrician

I believe this review was posted in the wrong place. This is not a customer of ours. We have no record of the name or address in our database. It simply wasn't us. Hopefully Angie will fix it.

05/15/2017

Charles M.

Very well. The staff did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Replace electrical service and upgraded several sockets.

05/07/2017

Beth M.

Scheduling was easy, prompt arrival, excellent work, fantastic (coupon) price.

Description of Work
I needed to have a ceiling fan replaced.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

05/01/2017

Dale A.

They did a very good job with the installing of the box outside and inside the trenching could have went a little better but they got the job done.

Description of Work
MVP installed 200 amp service to our home. They had to dig a trench from the kcpl box in the yard up to the house and install conduit for the new wire. Then install a new box on the house and a new box in the house they marked all the new breakers.