Smith Brothers Lawn & Landscaping

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

5514 Norwood

Fairway, KS 66205

Smith Brothers is a family owned and operated business providing comprehensive Tree, Lawn, and Landscape services that has been serving the Kansas City area since 2000. We have a fully certified Arborist and Irrigation Specialist on staff. We are bonded, insured, and maintain both general liability and workers compensation insurance....

08/03/2020

Kieran M.

I've use Smith Bros a few different times and they do great work and are generally better priced than competition.

Description of Work
Tree Pruning, Consultation, and Fungal Treatment

Category landscaping,tree service

09/04/2018

Kristian R.

I have used these guys multiple times. Walkthrough estimate was scheduled and completed promptly and at a flexible time for me. Quote was not cheap but competitive. Work began within an hour of it's scheduled time (they were a little late). I was home to witness the work and can confirm that it was done efficiently and safely, with minimal damage to the lawn (they use a stand-behind machine with tracks and a claw. Upon inspection it was clear that a few more limbs needed to be trimmed - they were adaptable to the changes and only charged a minimal amount more. The work had to be coordinated with neighbor's yard (trees grew from their side and hung over my side) and they did this well. Work included (4) 14" trees removed, (2) large trees trimmed, and a 6" crabapple removed.

Description of Work
Tree removal, tree trimming

09/04/2018

Kristian R.

Contractor was prompt, communicative, professional, and tidy. Had all the proper equipment to do work efficiently and safely.

Description of Work
Limb removal, tree removal, stump grinding, disposal

06/25/2018

Tim S.

Ted Thornhill was our contact and he was responsive and considerate. Their crew cut down two med-med large trees and did extensive trimming of 4 other trees on the property. They also helped clear out some brush and sprouting trees. The staff was professional and considerate to our tenants and neighbors. They were also considerate of the property and rescheduled when the ground was a little too wet for their equipment. They were flexible the second day when the ground was still damp by cutting and removing debris, but came back to grind the stump when it was dryer. I would recommend them. They weren't the cheapest, but were close with good reviews. The only company cheaper had not current Angie's list reviews.

Description of Work
Extensive Tree trimming, removal and stump grinding

06/03/2018

Connie M.

Very happy with work done. Would hire Smith Brothers again.

Description of Work
Removal of large pin oak

08/17/2016

Bridget M.

These guys were terrific. Their price was very competitive compared with other companies. They knew exactly what they were doing in this job and demonstrated a lot of experience. We had two extremely large Burr Oak trees in close proximity to our house removed by Smith Brothers. They spent more than 10 hours working as a team with a massive crane, a bucket truck, another truck, and smaller machines. It was clear the crane operator was very experienced as well as Ted Thornhill who performed the overall service with his team. All debris was removed with one day. They came back a second day and worked on leveling the stump area and filling with new top soil. The team never complained and worked very hard in 95+ heat. I would definitely recommend Smith Brothers for tree service jobs.

Description of Work
We had two massive Burr Oak trees removed from the rear of our home and stump grinding.

07/02/2015

Eunhee W.

The estimate for the tree removal wasn't the highest nor the lowest bid. He didn't have the right tools for the base and returned the next day to complete the job which worked well for us. He worked with us in choosing two new trees and the location to plant them. The new trees were delayed as he was not happy with the quality from the nursery and wanted to wait until the next delivery. We were extremely pleased with the service provided and what seems to be honest communication. We would use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Remove a large paradise tree, grind stump, backfill, sod and plant two trees (Elm, Ginkgo)

Category landscaping

06/02/2015

Jason H.

I highly recommend Ted Thornhill with Smith Brothers tree service. Fast, Responsive, did exactly what we requested, and did a thorough job cleaning up. Didn?t try to up sell me, just did what we asked at a very competitive price! I will be using them again.

Description of Work
Removed dead pine tree and trimmed up/crown raised a large magnolia tree.

08/21/2014

Christina B.

We had two trees in the back yard of the house we just bought that needed some help. Ted and his crew were next door doing some work so I asked him to come give me an estimate. He was very nice and didn't even seem to mind the interruption. He came over on his break and gave us an estimate. Ted is a certified arborist (according to his card) and he immediately knew the kind of trees and what the problem was. He told me exactly what work they would perform and gave me a written estimate, taking into account that he would not be able to get a bucket truck to the back yard due to the houses being so close together. We thought we had some time, but the very next week one of the limbs broke off and crashed down onto out deck. We were in the process of getting other estimates (all were higher than Smith Brothers) We called Ted and scheduled the work. He and his crew showed up, spent much of the day doing the work. They had to climb the trees, rig some ropes and cut the limbs in pieces and lower them to the ground, all while dangling over our deck, a privacy fence, and several power and cable lines that run to the house. When they were done, everything was hauled away and it was hard to tell that the yard was covered with limbs and debris just moments before. They did a fantastic clean-up! I highly recommend Ted Thornhill at Smith Brothers tree service.

Description of Work
Cut large branch and several smaller branches off of difficult to access tree

01/05/2013

Judy S.

Work was done as expected. I would highly recommend them to anyone else and would use them again if I need their services in the future.

Description of Work
After getting an estimate and scheduling date to have work done, they showed up as scheduled. I was very impressed with the workers that showed up. They cleaned out three trees and removed one tree. They were very businesslike and even help remove some bruch that had accumulated in the yard. Clean-up was very good. I have already refered them to one of my neighbors and she was also very pleased with their work. I would highly recommend them and would use them again if I need more work done

Category lawn service,tree service

Tree Houdini, LLC

Land Escapes LLC

Land Escapes is a full-service landscaping company specializing in residential and commercial landscape design, installation, and maintenance; irrigation installation, repairs, and maintenance; and hardscape/patio/retaining wall design and installation. Winner of the Super Service Award 5 consecutive years (2012-2016). The landscaping professionals at Land Escapes have the skills, expertise, and experience required for successful landscaping projects. Land Escapes will do the job right first time and we deliver quality that lasts. Our experts will work with you to bring your ideas, and your landscape, to life. Land Escapes is a certified segmental retaining wall installer by the National Concrete Masonry Association and a certified installer by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.

Lawn & Landscape Solutions

I started Lawn & Landscape Solutions in 2001, as a kid out of high school with no formal education or resources but with years of experience at a high end nursery and working as a personal estate gardener. I had a passion for the industry: the colors, the design, the care process for the plants and the installation of a beautiful landscape. I focused on my ability to listen to others and translate their visions for outdoor spaces into reality. I dedicated myself to hard work, staying true to my word in business dealings and forming long lasting relationships with my clients. Today, 15 years later, I remember the people who encouraged me to pull myself up by my bootstraps and become the best version of myself that I could be. I feel it is my duty to give back the direction and opportunity that was given to me. Our team works hard to celebrate individual stories of success and personal growth, encourage employees who are in college to stay in school and offer training opportunities regularly. We come to work every day and consider how to enhance the lives of our employees by instilling faith in each person that someone cares enough to invest in them. At Lawn & Landscape Solutions, we are not only building landscapes, we are building people.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

We offer comprehensive tree, lawn, irrigation, & landscape services. Tree services: tree removal, pruning, pest & disease mgmt, ash borer treatment, planting, cable/bracing, storm damage clean-up, risk assessment, & pre-construction consults. Irrigation services: custom system design & installation, system maintenance, & backflow tests. Landscape services: mowing, pruning, fertilization, weed, insect & disease control, leaf removal, aeration, sod/overseeding, mulch, drainage & erosion control