Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2010

PO Box 607

Zionsville, IN 46077

Curbside Care is a full service veterinary clinic that comes to your home. From annual exams & vaccines, to dental cleanings, x-rays, and surgery - we do it all - right at your home! Bring your dog or cat onboard for compassionate, personalized care in a low stress environment. Dr. Zaring provides house calls on the north side of Indianapolis and in several communities in Hamilton, Boone, and Hendricks counties....

09/02/2021

Mileah G.

as of my search on 8/30/2021, this business is operating with an expired business license. Lic #59088350A Profession: Veterinary Board; License Type: Veterinarian Corporation; Status: Expired; Issued 9/3/2009; Expired: 1/31/2012. Unethical practice prescribing on-line medications time after time that are "out of stock"(and $19.95 fee for 1-2 day delivery) - last resort on 8/30/21 was to send a written Rx via email then cancelled by Dr. Zaring when pharmacy called to verify generic Rx while my pet was still in Dr. Zaring's care. Dr. Zaring retracted all other prescriptions written at previous visit on 3/23/21 and again on 8/30/2021. Dr. Zaring terminated patient relationship on 8/31, leaving my pet without medical care. 8/31/21 I received medical records which included senior blood panel from 3/23/21 which I had to call Dr. Zaring several weeks later for results which were "fine". Lab results concluded High Cholesterol, Low Blood Sugar and High Lymphocytes that were never discussed with me...no recommendation for follow-up blood panel - no discussion on diet/supplements/best practice, etc. This entire experience has been less than normal for a veterinarian, which prompted me to search Dr. Zaring's credibility, finding that she is operating Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic without a business license.

Description of Work
Veterinary Care

Category veterinarian

Ms. [Member Name Removed], It is unfortunate that this is your understanding of the two mobile veterinary visits and multiple phone calls, emails, and text messages that have occurred over the past nearly three years. I wish your pet the very best, and I hope you can find a veterinarian who fits your needs. [Member Information Removed]. Zaring To current and future clients of Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic: Per Indiana law, I only prescribe medications to current patients. When a pet is no longer my patient, I can no longer prescribe medications. My current clients know that my staff and I work hard to get appropriate medications to our patients in a timely manner. If your dog or cat needs an urgent medication, most medications can be prescribed through a local human pharmacy and picked up the same day. As has always been our clinic policy, we will call, email, or mail prescriptions to any licensed pharmacy, human or veterinary, brick & mortar or online. We can also email or mail you (the pet owner) a copy of the prescription, which you can then take to your pharmacy of choice. We do not charge a prescribing fee. All patients examined at Curbside Care have a complete and permanent medical record. You are always welcome to ask for a copy of your pet’s medical record. We do not charge a medical records processing fee. Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic is indeed a licensed business in Indiana. A simple search at https://bsd.sos.in.gov/publicbusinesssearch will bring up all the clinic’s relevant information and show that the clinic does have an active status. If you have questions or would like more information about Curbside Care, please call, text, or email me. I’d be happy to chat with you. Sincerely, [Member Information Removed]. Zaring

11/18/2019

Saila P.

I have three cats, all rescues and all acquired when they were kittens. They are now 16 years old. Through interstate moves, post-graduate education, family tragedies, through births and deaths, I have taken care of my animals and indeed, maintained a commitment to their lifelong care. I had made an appointment for annual check-ups for two of my cats. My Wendell is a 16-year-old obese diabetic who is not as spry as he used to be. He has difficulty keeping his shaggy posterior fur clean, and I had tried to groom him and remove some of this hair but I had cut too close to the epidermis and hurt him a bit. I was looking forward to the vet visit to have professionals help with this and other delicate problems, as I clearly did not have the knack. Dr. Zaring and company came to see my Wendell and, after a brief visit with him, she came into my home, and in the middle of my living room, proceeded to accuse me of animal neglect and threatened to call the authorities. She accused me of neglecting my two other cats with whom she had absolutely no contact. In fact, I had taken my cats to their long-time vet for dental care – a provider who has over 20 years of experience with feline dental extractions. She conjectured that my diabetic cat’s diabetes was ‘probably’ out of control, but she did not do any testing on him, so really had no idea. She said that he gained a pound, but actually, he was 22 pounds and had lost 2 pounds. Newsflash: people who neglect their animals don’t take their pets to the vet. I wish she would have called the pet authorities on me, because they would have found a clean comfortable home, plenty of cozy places for cats to rest, a litter box that gets scooped daily, and plenty of fresh food and water (see pictures). They would have found in the refrigerator insulin that costs $330 per bottle. They would have found veterinarian-recommended cat food that costs $63 per 7.7 oz bag. According to her report, she was angered by finding that my cat had long nails, dirty ears and fur that had feces and urine on it. Isn’t it a vet’s job to trim nails, clean ears and partner with pet owners for the well-being of the animals? I am not a veterinarian and I am not qualified to diagnose ear infections. I needed expert help with my animals, which is why I called for her services. Her willful ignorance, false assumptions and self-righteousness were cruel, hurtful, insulting, and simply not true. Her accusations of animal neglect and her desire to report me to the authorities are truly not helpful in any way. I do not know if Dr. Zaring is capable of humility and honest self-reflection in such a way that my comments may be taken to heart, but one can hope. In the end, I paid $160 for her to trim my cat’s nails. We are lucky in Indy to have a number of terrific vets who are actually willing to partner in a non-judgmental way with pet owners. There are a number of vets who specialize only in cats if that is what you want. If you want a vet who will do house calls, there are a number of great ones that do this as well.

Description of Work
Annual feline checkup

Category veterinarian

[Member Information Removed]. [Member Name Removed], I cannot comment publicly on your cats' particular cases. I hope you find the level of veterinary care you desire, and I wish your cats the best. [Member Information Removed]. Zaring

05/01/2017

Nicole L.

They were very friendly & professional and my cat responded very well to both the exam, and the doctor.

Description of Work
Senior cat exam including vaccines and bloodwork

Category veterinarian

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. I truly enjoyed working with Nelly. ~Dr. Zaring

04/13/2017

Scott M.

Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic is just what its business name suggests—a mobile clinic that operates out of a highly customized vehicle that provides a wide variety of professional veterinary services: check-ups, dental cleanings, blood panels, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, prescription writing, prescription fulfillment, and so on. The lead service provider is Dr. Erin Zaring, DVM (Purdue), and two of her Vet Techs are Leanne and Keri. My wife (and both of our cats) have found the entire team to very personable, easy-to-work-with, professional, and compassionate. The pricing is also competitive with fixed-location vet offices. In all, we have found Curbside Care to be a superb alternative to conventional veterinary facilities. We highly recommend Curbside Care!

Description of Work
Curbside Care has visited our home numerous times to provide veterinary services for our two indoor cats who had compromised immune systems, but who otherwise were in good health until their final few weeks. The service details listed below (i.e., cost of service and date of service) are just one of many visits we've had over the last three years from Curbside Care.

Category veterinarian

[Member Name Removed] and [Member name]: Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Curbside Care. It has been our pleasure to get to know you and your kitties over the past few years. Thank you for allowing us to care for your babies. Sincerely, Erin Zaring, DVM and the staff of Curbside Care

11/22/2014

Jeff Z.

Our greyhound pet dog was 85 pounds and hated going into the vets office. The last couple years of his life it became dangerous to take him to the vet as he would get too worked up and overheat to the point of seizing. After a few runs with overheating we thankfully found Dr. Zaring's mobile clinic. Not only does the vet now come to you, the vet is GREAT! Dr. Zaring is kind and patient with your pet. She also has a great personality and answers all your questions. She came out with her Vet RV about 5 times over the last 2 years. Once we even got some x-rays! Unfortunately, the last visit we had to put our greyhound to sleep. She came out and got things setup working around our dog and the space he was laying/resting and then gave us time to say our last goodbyes. Dr. Zaring really took one for the team as our dog's last act was to poop on her. She didn't even raise an eyebrow. Just took care of everything. She coordinated a pickup and cremation service whom were there on time and took our pet to be cremated. So thankful to Dr. Zaring and her staff for providing such a wonderful service.

Description of Work
Dr. Zaring came out to our home for our pets final vet visit. She administered a sedative and then euthenized our pet in our home where he was most comfortable.

10/24/2013

JASON W.

I would recommend Dr. Zaring to anyone. She was so kind, caring, and compassionate through this very difficult experience. She spoke with me promptly when I called and explained the service in detail. When she arrived at our home, she was on time and extremely professional. She explained all of the procedure to our family and to our pet. She was very complete and clear in her explanation of every step of the process. Dr. Zaring also was very compassionate to our pet and you could tell she loves and respects animals. It was also clear that she wanted us to feel comfortable with and aware of what would happen next. She provided exactly what we needed during this difficult time. For a mobile clinic, she had everything she needed with her and it was very professional. Her kindness was very appreciated by us in this difficult time. Wonderful vet

Description of Work
Dr. Zaring provided an in home euthanasia for our beloved dog Nikita.

09/07/2012

GEORGE B.

They were absolutely wonderful with my cat and I appreciated the fact that I didn't have to force her into a carrier and a trip to a vet's office. Before they left they gave me a complete run down of the services they provided, instructions on taking care of my cat's flea problem and a full tour of their van. I wouldn't hesitate to refer them to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
My cat received a full exam, a shot for her flea allergy and a dose of frontline plus.

08/15/2012

CECELIA W.

I feel so blessed that we found Dr. Zaring. She was so caring and considerate to both our dog and us. Our dog was too ill to take to our vet, so we found Dr. Zaring's name on Angie's List and called her. I can't speak highly enough of her!! Had I known about her previously, I would have LOVED to have used her as our primary vet. We don't intend to replace our pet, but if we ever do, I would call her in a heartbeat to use as our primary vet.

Description of Work
Came to the house to examine our dog, then determined it would best to have our dog euthanized. She performed the euthanization in our home.

05/23/2012

Jon S.

They are great with animals and owners. Explain things very completely. Very calm and not in a hurry. Reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Dr. Zaring and her staff provide outstanding service and are very caring. Having vet services done at home really reduces the stress on pets and owners. I will continue using Curbside for. All our pets care.

02/26/2012

Susan C.

We have used Curbside Care Mobile Veterinary Clinic since the business started. At that time, our dog was middle age. Dr. Zaring and her staff were very professional and kind from the beginning. Yesterday our little dog had to be euthanized. Dr. Zaring came by our hime yesterday afternoon. We all knew it was coming, but it's never easy. Dr. Zaring was so kind, explained every thing she was going to do; gave us plenty of time with our dog; made him as comfortable as she could through the whole process. She has been this way every time she has come to our home. It's so nice for your pet to have any checkup/procedure at the home; they don't get nervous or anxious.

Description of Work
Euthanasia

Veterinarians
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing

house calls, routine wellness exams, puppy & kitten care, sick pet exams, internal medicine, surgical procedures, spay/neuter, dentistry, digital x-ray, behavioral consultations, dietary couseling, laboratory services, pharmacy, senior pet care, pain management, hospice & palliative care, end of life counseling, in-home euthanasia

farm calls, large animal medicine/surgery, pet grooming, pet boarding