Claghorn Custom Flooring Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2004

100 N 1st St

Zionsville, IN 46077

Claghorn Custom Flooring is a locally owned and operated business providing custom flooring solutions and remodeling services to Zionsville, IN, and nearby areas. Our team of professionals has years of experience under their belt in flooring and remodeling to help you create a space you'll love.

12/15/2017

Will S.

Fantastic! Spencer was very responsive to questions and store staff was very patient as I picked through flooring options. Installers were very fast, quality conscious, and left my home spotless when they were done. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Hardwood Floors in 2 Rooms

07/02/2017

BRIAN B.

The work was FANTASTIC. The old matched the new perfectly and you can't tell where it was added. The stain was even and everything was finished exactly how we wanted.

Description of Work
We had around 800 square feet that was refinished and 200 square feet of floor that was added and it was then stained and the new areas were feathered into the old areas.

06/26/2017

Jen H.

They came out and gave us an estimate on carpet, it was fine.They responded to the initial come out and things like that.They more or less wanted us to follow up in store and we didn't follow up in store and they didn't follow up after that.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate on carpet.

11/21/2016

KAREN B.

Great overall. very nice finished project. Sometimes things took a bit longer than expected and you definitely pay a premium price but you do get top quality product.

Description of Work
Remodeled showers and fireplace facing

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

11/14/2015

Leslie B.

Janice came by my place of business to meet with me about removing a floor and replacing it with a new one. She was timely and very courteous, easy going with excellent social skills. We discussed the floor I wanted, very tough floor to get to match however, Claghorn's did it!

Description of Work
Installed a 1/2in thick black rubber floor

Category flooring contractor

So happy that you are happy with your new floor. It was my pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Janice

09/22/2015

GINA N.

This company is AWESOME. Claghorn Custom Flooring has provided excellent service for all the jobs we asked for. Kent came to our home and took his time measuring and listening to what it was we wanted. He then provided a detailed estimate for each of the projects we had asked. We started with an update in our guest bathroom and then a demo and remodel of our master bath. Kent and his wife were extremely helpful when it came time to make our selection of tile, accent border tile, vanity, counter top etc. His showroom has so much to choose from. Kent's knowledge of the products, assistance and eye for design were invaluable for choosing the best product for the area we were changing. We had the pleasure of working with both Lance and Cody as they remodeled and updated our bathrooms.Their skill of their trade and meticulous attention to detail was amazing. They were very professional, punctual, friendly and caring, always taking the time to check with me along the way to ensure that they were proceeding as I wanted. They have done a wonderful job, Then for our flooring and carpet installation we again were very pleased to work with Joe. He as well was extremely adept at his skill and meticulous with details. Always wanting to please me....the customer. Kent Claghorn has been a wonderful, kind and caring person to work with. Due to family medical issues, he has continued to work with me regarding scheduling the work. This company, Claghorn Custom Flooring is a wonderful service provider and I would highly recommend them. Such a pleasure to work with them. Thank you for such a wonderful update to my home.

Description of Work
Claghorn Custom Flooring has been updating and remodeling my home. So far they have completely remodeled a master bathroom, updated a guest bathroom and powder room, installed CORETec Plus Engineered Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring, and installed carpet in my downstairs. Upstairs is next.

05/21/2015

Damon K.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed carpets and hardwood floors.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/21/2015

Mark B.

They gave me an estimate quickly. I just went with somebody else.

Description of Work
I used Claghorn Custom Flooring for a bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

05/09/2015

Leisel M.

Lance and Cody made an old house floor that was sloped almost 2" completely level with meticulous attention to detail. They used artistry to lay ceramic tile in a beautiful herringbone pattern just as I desired. They had not done a floor like this before, so they checked in to periodically to ensure the design met my expectations whether it was grout color or placement of the design. I am very pleased with their skill, punctuality and pleasantness to work with. Thanks for a job well done!

Description of Work
Removed bathroom vanity, leveled floor, installed ceramic tile

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling

05/05/2015

JOHN P.

Very helpful assistance was provided in the selection of suitable tile, with prompt follow up to measure, quote and carry out installation. We were completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Removed existing floor covering and replaced with ceramic tile

03/09/2015

PHOEBE & STEVE C.

Did a nice job. In one room they put in wall to wall carpet, and in another room put in an area rug

Description of Work
Carpet & wall to wall carpet

01/23/2015

Tim M.

Claghorn Custom Flooring provided top-notch service from our first encounter through the end of our project. Our bathroom and master bedroom are gorgeous. When we visited the showroom, Kent Claghorn, the owner, and his employees gave us a great deal of personal attention. After listening to our thoughts, Kent showed us an unusual floor material that we loved and then helped us identify a complementary shower tile. Two of his store employees later helped us choose the right mosaic trim. Choosing complementary materials is harder than one might think; the choices seem endless. Kent was very responsive as we scheduled installation to start the Monday before Thanksgiving. The holiday caused the job to take a little longer than one might expect, but the installers -- Lance and Cody -- were very diligent. To call them installers might be understating their work; they really are artists. They also are friendly, pleasant people to have in our home. The same goes for John, the electrician/plumber. Kent showed up regularly to check on the job and made sure every last detail was handled. We highly recommend Claghorn Flooring.

Description of Work
Demolished tiled shower stall with glass door and tub surround, removed old tile floor from master bathroom and carpet from master bedroom. Installed faux wood porcelain tile throughout bedroom and bathroom; recreated and enlarged shower stall; added a wall so a towel warmer could be installed; tiled shower with porcelain tile and mosaic trim; created new tub surround; installed a new linen closet (we provided); handled associated plumbing and electrical work.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/06/2015

Eric E.

Outstanding service. Great communication and price was in line with Lowes

Description of Work
carpet in 3 rooms

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

01/05/2015

Teresa B.

It was very good, they were reasonably priced, they delivered what they promised in a timely manner and we were very satisfied. We spent around $900.

Description of Work
I used Claghorn Custom Flooring about a year ago. We got upgraded carpet and pads for the basement and it was a large room like a master bedroom.

09/22/2014

Jennifer A.

Their installation team was busy and they ended up assigning a subcontractor to our project. This subcontractor was supervised by our general contractor for the project. The general tile work was nicely done but took longer than expected and the team at Claghorn underestimated the amount of tile needed. The pencil tile border in the shower has too much grout in some areas and not enough in others. When my contractor expressed concern to Claghorn, they came out and took pictures but no other action was taken. My biggest frustration was the way this subcontractor worked with my contractor. The subcontractor was uncommunicative, didn't show up when he said he would, and left earlier than he said he would. It was a subcontractor, so I don't know how their regular team does.

Description of Work
Provide the tile and services for a custom bathroom shower.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

We feel this is an unfair review towards our company. The contractor that was hired by the consumer is someone we have never worked with, asked to use our crew to do his work. Unfortunately, when asked for a deposit to hold his spot, he waited too long and lost his time slot to a customer of ours that paid their deposit. When he did pay his deposit and insisted on keeping the same dates, we offered an installer that we used in the past (many years ago) as our current installers where swamped. The job was measured by the contractor and he in turn informed us of how much tile was needed for the job, so this again was an error by the contractor, not our company. The concern the contractor expressed to us was quickly resolved with the contractor by giving him a credit towards his final invoice, mentioning that he would rectify any issues his customer may have. We regret that this customer had a bad experience, however, we don't feel it is fair to judge our company for issues between their contractor and an independent contractor that tried to do a job last minute.

07/21/2014

Terry S.

We decided to change a vinyl kitchen floor to a solid wood floor. We've never had wood floors before! We went to the showroom and dealt with Janice, one of the salespersons. We told her what our requirements were for consideration,including that we have a dog. She started pulling out samples, mostly hickory, which is a harder wood. We took several samples home. We narrowed it down to two samples of hickory. One sample was very "splotchy" in color, having lots of variation from really light to really dark tones. A second hickory was more uniform in wood tones, with lights and darks but not near the contrast in color as the other one! We liked the second one better because of the more Unicom wood colors. She did mention that hickory samples "can sometimes have variations in color". We trusted the sample we chose and said to go ahead. Well, when the floor boxes came, we saw that some boards were practically blond and some were almost blood red! Janice was called and she assured us that there would be lots other nice colored boards in the boxes that filled our dining room. An installation day was set. We stopped the men laying it and she was called out to see what we considered to not be the floor color we ordered. Numbers were checked and it was right. Again she assured us there would be plenty of nicer colored boards, so the men proceeded with their job. As the floor was getting more and more finished, one man laying it came to me and said there had been a mistake in the ordering, that there wasn't enough wood! Janice had NOT added the wood for the hallway outside the kitchen, onto the order! They did what they could and said they would be back after the weekend (this was Friday). Another week went by waiting for the other wood. It finally all got laid. Each day that went by, we could tell we didn't like it. We called Kent Claghorn to come out and see it. First he said to wait a week or so and live with it and we'd probably "learn to love it". A few more days went by. We called to say he had to come look. He came into the room and said "yup, that's a hickory floor!" We said it didn't look anything like the sample and he said he'd contact the rep for the wood company and have him come out and look at it. We said okay. We waited and waited and no word, and finally had to call THEM. They said the rep had been there and just looked at pictures he had taken and was NOT going to come out after all! The rep was going to talk to his boss about it. Another wait without any word from Claghorn's. So again WE had to contact THEM. The wood company would not do anything. Since we weren't allowed to talk to the rep ourselves, we had to wonder if he was even contacted!! We had no way of knowing. We asked for a new floor and what could they offer us as compensation. Kent Claghorn's offer was to make us pay for everything all over again, with only a few hundred dollars taken off the whole project! We asked how much we owed (we had just paid about half at the beginning of the project ), paid it, and have never set foot in their place or talked again! Bottom line is, their salesperson and customer service stinks!

Description of Work
Upon selecting a solid wood floor, which we had never had in a home, neither Kent Claghorn, nor his salesperson, Janice, showed us what a whole floor done on hickory wood would look like. After laying a whole kitchen, we said we couldn't live with it. Negotiations with Claghorn's to redo it without paying full price for another whole floor to be laid did not go well. We waited week after week, eight weeks in all, to see if they would help us, and for them to ask the wood floor manufacturer if they would do anything. They refused for us to have a representative from the manufacturer to come out and see the floor and hear our side of the story. We always had to call them to see what was going on, instead of them calling us. We finally asked what we owed, and paid it, just to get them out of our lives. Their excuse to the whole thing was, "we should have researched what a hickory floor looked like". Our opinion was, isn't that THEIR JOB, especially the salesperson! Their solution was to rip up the hickory and put in a whole new floor, paying close to the price of the first job.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

[member name removed] originally came into our showroom on November 19, 2013 requesting information on hardwood. [member name removed] is an artist and stated she wanted a floor with "flavor" while [member name removed] requested to be shown the hardest of our domestic woods, which I informed him was hickory and pecan. At this point, [member name removed] insisted on only being shown hickory options, while [member name removed] expressed her preference being something with a lot of variation. Obviously, hickory would be an excellent choice for either. They took several samples home over the course of 30 days and having made their decision, they then requested an appointment for a measurement on December 20th. A few times I was asked for information and my opinion, however, I was continually interrupted and my opinion dismissed before it was given. I measured their home, ordered the wood on January 8th upon the [member name removed] signing their flooring proposal, received the wood, delivered the wood to the customer's home for acclimation, and, our installer arrived to install the floor on January 30th. Upon laying out 2 to 3 cartons of the wood, the customers did express some concern over the blonder boards, so my installer loose laid approximately half of their kitchen for them to see. After a few minutes they gave the installer their approval to install the floor which he did. Unfortunately, I had written a measurement down wrong and was short of wood, which I ordered and did not charge them for, however it did delay finishing the job for a couple of weeks due to receiving the wood and allowing it to acclimate at the customer's home before installation. A few days after that, is when they decided they couldn't live with their choice of flooring because the light boards were just too light and there was to much variation. We sent pictures, boards from their order, as well as the floor sample to the mill (which is standard procedure) expressing the customer's concerns that there was too much variation in the boards. Kraus did respond with a letter, which was in turn mailed to the [member name removed], stating that "it was a natural product and not stained therefore the appearance is an inherent characteristic of the product, and that they must respectfully deny the claim." As it is our policy to insure our customers are pleased with their experience with our store, we offered to replace their floor with a new floor at our cost. Several weeks went by without a response to our offer, only to find out that they had contracted another store to tear up the hickory floor and install another floor, for which they ultimately paid a lot more for. The installer that installed this floor used to work for us and thought we should know what was going on. In our opinion, we went overboard to try to please this customer, from letting them preview their floor before installation of it, to offering them a new floor at cost.

06/30/2014

Sam W.

Janice from Claghorn made the arrangements. She is very professional to work with and has a good eye for colors and arrangements. The installers were very good. They did excellent work on the flooring and kitchen. My wife and I plan to use them again for some other work we have in mind.

Description of Work
Claghorn installed wood flooring on the first floor of the condo. It looks very nice. They also installed a new kitchen that included new floor, new cabinets, new backslash, new countertops, and a few other items. The kitchen is very nicely done.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

Thank you for the nice words. You both were truly a pleasure to work with. Sincerely, Janice

06/21/2014

Nelson C.

On time, professional and did a great job. I have already recommended them to others.

Description of Work
They took off the old tile, did some minor drywall work and replaced tile (for my fireplace).

Category ceramic tile, drywall

Love that you love your new fireplace, it was interrupted by the birth of your baby, but what a wonderful interruption that was! Good luck and enjoy that new baby. Sincerely, Janice

06/01/2014

Susan S.

We had been shopping at several other carpet stores when we found the quality of carpet at the best price. We went to Claghorns with the sample of carpet that we wanted, and even though they did not have samples of that brand in stock, they were able to order it for us at the same price that we had found at other retailers. They also offered the fastest turnaround in having it installed and were able to promise to have it completed when we needed it. Our sales rep Janice was very friendly & helpful. The installers were very friendly, on time, & even placed a leftover piece of carpet in our stair closet, without us even asking them.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in our basement.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the kind words, we are happy that you are please with our service. Sincerely, Janice

04/16/2014

ANNA B.

The sales consultant measured and gave us advice based on our goals. She was patient while we thought about our choices, and quickly showed us different samples, found answers to our questions and so on. The price was very competitive with other companies (including big box stores). It did not take long for the carpet to arrive. The installers were polite and very professional. There were a few issues that had to be addressed when the old carpet was removed, which they did without any dilly-dally (or extra charge). Because we were doing so many rooms, this was a multiple day process. At the end of the day, they left everything clean and neat.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in dining room, living room, family room, (with multiple steps); and 4 bedrooms.

04/08/2014

Amanda S.

I messaged them a week ago about an estimate to install carpet in my basement via the Angie's List app and still no response as of today. I love Angie's List and hate to review a company like this, but to take a week to respond for an estimate is unprofessional. I was hoping to use a local company in Zionsville.

Description of Work
No response

Category carpet installation

We are terribly sorry for your experience, however, we have been having difficulty with our email service. Our outgoing emails are going to customer's spam folder and we are experiencing the same with incoming emails. Phone calls are never gone unanswered and we make sure we respond within 24 hours of any messages.

03/30/2014

Paul O.

From the initial sales call at our home till the completion of the work we were extremely satisfied with the professional nature of the staff and their attention to detail. They were very easy to work with and handled working around some of our heavy large pieces of furniture without any complications or damage. They were also able to match the existing hardwood installed when we built the house in 1995 exactly. If someone is looking for a great looking job consider Claghorn Custom Flooring.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring in our library and family room.

02/02/2014

Nancy J.

They were easy to work with and professional. I would use them again.

Description of Work
We replaced carpeting in three of our bedrooms.

01/17/2014

JAMES A B.

Claghorn was very knowledgable and professional. They did an excellent job in all aspects. We recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Claghorn replaced our tiled patio room with wooden flooring that matched our great room.

11/05/2013

Pamela C.

He and his crew were prompt to the scheduled appointments and worked with the home builders. He was efficient and very nice to work with. He had a nice selection of tile and flooring to choose from. He has beautiful workmanship and very nice ideas as to how to lay it and make it look better. He did custom work on the walls and did a beautiful job!

Description of Work
He laid carpeting in bedrooms and installed hardwoods throughout the main rooms. He also completed tile work in bathrooms and kitchen for the flooring and walls.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, hardwood floor

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

Mister Painter LLC

Mister Painter is full service interior and exterior painting and drywall repair company. Chad Young, the owner began Mister Painter in 2008 building the business on the foundation of integrity, customer service and the highest quality. Eight years later we have service over 1000 customers and continue to make our customer referral base the best in the business. Give us a call and experience the difference.

Offers by Mister Painter LLC on Angi
    McClees Enterprise Inc

We McClees Enterprise Inc is a family owned and operated local business with over 30 years of painting industry experience. As a Super Service Award winner (1999-2019), we opened McClees Enterprise Inc because we saw a need for an honest painting company in the Indianapolis area that is driven by morals and quality. It’s our mission to be a company that brings back the personal approach to our customers. It is our goal to build a relationship with our clients that will last a lifetime. What sets us apart from our competitors is our dedication to do a quality paint job for our customers the first time. If for any reason our customers are not satisfied, we will make it right. What sets us apart from our competitors is our attention to detail. You can be confident that we will clean up completely and leave no paint on your concrete, grass, furniture, floors, etc. We do what we do because we love to see our customer’s faces when we completly transform a room or the outside of their house with a quality paint job. We take the time with each of our customers to the point where we become more than a business partner, we become friends. We also set ourselves apart because we are certified lead specialists and do not shy away from these important jobs. We are an excellent painting company for Angie’s List members because we will put you first. We would love the opportunity to partner with you and all of your exterior and interior painting needs. For fastest results, please leave your phone number and email with your inquiry.

Award 2022
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Flooring Installation, Flooring Contractors, Flooring Store, Carpet Installation, Carpeting Store, Hardwood Flooring Installation, Tile Flooring Installation, Wood Flooring Installation, Bathroom Tile Installation, Shower Tile Installation, Vinyl Flooring Installation, Remodeling Contractors, Home Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Hardwood Floor Refinishing, Hardwood Floor Repair, Window Treatments, Cabinetry, Countertops, and Area Rugs.