Hittle Construction Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 1999

17466 Washington Street

Westfield, IN 46074

Hittle Construction has been in business since 1995 and has completed over 5000 outdoor living projects since its inception. Located in Westfield, we install the majority of our projects in the greater Indianapolis area and are equipped with the resources needed to tackle any project with professionalism and expertise. With projects ranging from decks to outdoor structures and clientele such as Beazer Homes and Ryan Homes, we are dedicated to providing our customers the very best at a reasonable cost. 14 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service charges apply. May contact through email. ...

02/12/2021

Scott E.

We had several woodworking jobs and most of the companies that came out would do some of the projects but not all of them. Hittle was able to do them all at a good price and with great professionalism. The hardest part of the job was taking out the old wood retaining walls around flower boxes that surrounded our patio and replacing them with new wood. They had to dig them out and then replacing them required a lot of precision work. They also took down an awkward old wooden awning and replaced it with a lattice wall next to the garden. Together those two projects make the patio area look 100 times better! We also had them build a short wooden fence and gate on the unfenced side of the house. And in front they installed a small wooden fenced area to corral our trash cans and hide them from the street. Everything looks great and the workmanship was truly excellent.

Description of Work
Fencing, flower box retaining walls, lattice wall, corral for trash cans

12/28/2019

Dennis D.

We are very pleased and would definitely recommend Glidden.

Description of Work
Fencing in our yard

Category fencing

05/25/2017

LINDA M.

After talking to Justin I decided not to use Hittles. I left a phone message stating this and also a message on their Angie's List site. Their worker showed up and did the work unbeknownst to me and I was upset because I had made other arrangements. He finally agreed to knock off some money but I am still unhappy with their lack of communication with customers.

Description of Work
I needed two lengths of wood fence removed and replaced by chain link fence.

Category fencing

05/22/2017

Thomas T.

Very good. Their work looks very good. The price was good. The quality was good.

Description of Work
They installed a deck.

04/12/2017

Lori H.

The quote depended on how we had it done, pergola or not pergola. It was a written estimate but not a visual plan. I had to ask for the actual visual plan.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote.

10/24/2016

Jeff W.

As well as could be expected, I was very impressed with their suggestions and the outcome.

Description of Work
Installed a 220 linier ft.- 8' privacy fence with 2-8' double gates and 1-man gate.

Category fencing, driveway gates

09/12/2016

LEONARD B.

The results were perfect. The workmen were efficient, professional and very well mannered., Cost for this at $150 was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Replace a broken 4 x 4 inch upright post that holds up the wooden picket fence.

04/20/2016

THAD & JOANN M.

Hittle Construction came to my home on April 6, 2016 for an estimate on a screen porch. I was told I would have the estimate within 2-3 days. I called a week later when I did not receive one. This week I have called twice. Now, exactly two weeks later I still have no follow-up and no estimate. I would not use this company, I am tired of them wasting my time.

Description of Work
They were to provide an estimate for a screen porch, but did not.

08/10/2015

Debbie S.

Representative replied to my message, showed up on time and was very friendly and professional. Said I would receive an estimate for the work to be done soon. I never heard from him, so I sent another message via Angie's List. No reply again. Very frustrating. Update: after this review, the representative got back to me after I had been trying to contact them for over a month. He apologized for letting my proposal and correspondence fall through the cracks, then had a fence crew out the next week to do our repairs. The work they did was great quality, and we are very pleased with the final product. Providing the correspondence and responsiveness is prompt from the initial contact, we would utilize this company's services again.

Description of Work
Replied to my message on Angie's List to come out and give an estimate, and came out to survey area for estimate. Update: repaired fencing.

Category decks

[member name removed], sorry for the way this all happened. the meeting was on the 8th and the estimate was sent out on the 9th via email and the secretary had an A where an E should have been in the address. I should have confirmed the email address when the message came through but I checked it on my phone instead of at my desk and thought I would check and respond later when I got back but totally spaced checking on it the next morning. The hardest part in any business is texting personal phone and third party email accounts because they pop up and then go away or down the list quickly. I really wish a phone call would have been made at some point and it would have gotten answered in seconds instead of days with the secretary. sorry for the confusion and trouble it has caused when everything but one letter was holding it up from getting to you. I don't usually like to run estimates and then not take the 10 minutes to put an estimate together for it. Sorry and let me know how if anything can be corrected at this point. Justin

05/15/2015

Christine R.

The experience was very positive, and they were vey helping in making suggestions, and letting me know what I would need (# of gates etc..). We simply went with another provider as they had less lead time to get my fence put in and I wanted it installed b/f kids were out of school for the summer.

Description of Work
quotes a steel wrought iron fence.

Category decks, fencing, wrought iron

01/22/2015

Judy S.

The job was done close to the time promised. The crew arrived at expected time and completed the job quickly . Did a great job in terms of clean up. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Tore down old fence and replaced with new wood fence on one side of the yard.

08/28/2014

Gary H.

The price beat all the others for a high quality ornamental steel Montage fence. Hittle Construction was able to be competitive and get the job done. While we were deciding what type of gate to install and where it should be placed, Justin spent a lot of time with me working out the details. His expertise was what I needed to make decisions. He kept returning until I understood all the project's details. As a result he provided us with 4 different options and prices. One of the other companies didn't even bother to give us a quote. Another wouldn't change their bid when we decided on different dimensions. THese factor, plus the price difference, made us choose Hittle Construction above the other highly rated Angie's List companies. We are pleased with the final project, even though it took longer than expected. In the end, we had to change the lock on one gate. That reduced the price further because we used a standard lock. And then Justin told me to take an additional $ 75 off because of the hassle. Communication at the beginning of the project was superb. The delays in finishing the gate lock were a bit frustrating. And because of the busy summer season, installation of the lock was delayed. Other than that, I was very happy. We would recommend Hittle Construction for their finished product.

Description of Work
Installed back yard fence

Category decks, fencing

thank you [member name removed] for the fence project! I know it was a little bit of a hassle at the end getting the gate latch issue corrected and I would like to apologize for that. Again! Thank You! Justin

08/23/2014

Erik C.

We absolutely love the pergola that Hittle Construction built for us! It adds so much more to the house than we even anticipated. We had been mulling this project for years and decided to spend the money on cedar. Hittle came highly recommended by another highly rated landscaping company on Angies List we spoke with. Hittle is often used as the sub contractor for pergola projects by other companies in the area. Justin is a very nice guy and was very professional to work with. We called them during a very busy time of year and several weeks of rain delayed the start a bit, but we understood that is part of the process. We would definitely recommend Hittle to anyone looking for any construction project.

Description of Work
Built a cedar pergola on to the side of our house. 18 X 18 pergola

Category decks, hardscaping

07/10/2014

David S.

We are very pleased with the work All Phase Group did. The kitchen was a total remodel and is beautiful! They have a great attention to detail. The deck was just what we wanted and is also beautiful. Kathy was great to communicate with, very detailed oriented and organized. She had a schedule of what would be done and when. We would definitely go back to All Phase for other projects.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel, including moving walls, new laundry room and large 2nd story deck.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

02/24/2014

Krisann V.

They did a great job. It all came to about $12000. I had not used them before.

Description of Work
Hittle Construction did our basement and installed two egress fire escape windows. They finished the basement; dry walled and painted it. They decorated the landscape outside of the egress windows.

Category landscaping, basement remodeling

02/06/2014

Tina R.

Justin from Hittle's met with me a couple of times to discuss layout, designs, materials, costs. He answered all the questions I threw at him. His crew came to the house on the date agreed upon and tore down the old deck and fencing with minimal damage to the yard. When installing the new deck, the stairs were framed out in the opposite corner that I understood them to be installed. Without hesitation, Justin moved the stairs to the desired location. This required moving wiring for stair and post lighting. He made the correct decision to put additional lighting in the stairs since the width of the stairs had increased with the relocation. It looks fantastic now! The only concern I had with the deck was the placement of two of the posts (at a corner). They are so close together that the caps had to be manually trimmed to fit. Justin's crew did a quick fix with caulking (color matched well) but I was not quite satisfied with the workmanship of the trimmed caps. Justin agreed that the distance between the trimmed caps was not correct. When Hittle's returns to finish the fence (when weather permits), the caps will be re-trimmed to fit better. The other workmanship on the deck is superb! It is built very sturdy and looks fantastic. I have told everyone, "My house may fall but this deck will stand". I also wanted to mention the flexibility that Justin and his crew exhibited. I was also having major landscaping changes made at the same time (retaining wall installed). They were willing to work with my landscaper's schedule also. Another point I need to mention is that Justin returned sub-par materials he had received from the fence manufacturer. He ordered all new fence material. I really appreciate his diligence. I look forward to having the deck and fence completed when the weather permits. And I would not hesitate to recommend Justin and his crew for any decking or fence needs you may have.

Description of Work
I had a beautiful Azek deck built to replace an old wooden deck that was falling apart. I also had a new fence put in to replace a rotten existing fence.

01/31/2014

LISA E.

They were professional and were open to all of our questions and concerns. We had a longer delay in receiving the bid back than expected but it was the holidays. Once the bid was received we noted that it seemed high for what we wanted done, but have not decided on a contractor at this point. I believe the bid will be comparable in the market, but want to do some more research.

Description of Work
We requested a bid for re-modeling our current deck. The were able to come and review our desires, listen to our need to make this economical and to see what we could do ourselves to lessen the cost.

Category decks

[member name removed], Thank you for the opportunity to bid your project and also hopefully work together on the whole project with the deck and future pergola. I am sorry for the delay in getting the estimate back to you sooner! I do want to clarify though that Hittle Landscaping and Hittle Construction are two separate companies and Mike was in charge of getting the drawings completed and decided on what design was to be estimated. I know there was some hold up on getting them completed and finalized but I received the drawing to estimate on January 13th and sent the estimate to Mike at Hittle Landscaping on Jan. 14th because I know it had been a little while since we met. As for the price I do know they have to add a cost on there for them to manage it, any yard repair after we are completed and also the leg work for HOA submittals. With that being said I do feel we will be right in line with any reputable deck contractor and if we need to revisit the estimate please contact us and we will be able to share some ideas on cutting some costs. I would really like to work with you on this build. If you were only looking to build the deck and possible pergola then you might speak with Mike and see if you could work directly with Hittle Construction on this, I am not sure what other rear yard work you are having them bid at this time. Thanks again, Justin

08/26/2013

DAWN & ERWIN J.

We requested options for using treated wood as well as composite. We were also interested in having a gas line installed along with a gas fire pit. Their professionalism and turn around time on getting us the estimates were impressive but the prices were just too high. I have no doubt they would do a quality job but their prices were the highest out of all the contractors that we had come out. An 18' x 23' deck without the gas lines & fire pit was going to cost over $9,200. Switching to composite, adding the gas line & fireplace increased the cost to over $21,000. The vendor that we decided to go with will do the composite deck (minus the gas line & fireplace) for less than Hittle quoted for the treated deck.

Description of Work
Hittle Construction came out on the 26th of July to look at our yard and to talk to us about options for installing a deck.

Category decks, fencing

thank you for the opportunity to quote your project and sorry that you were surprised by the cost to build it. I am also very surprised that there is a company in business building TREX Transcend decks with composite railing and skirting for 13.00 a sq ft. with Trex Transcends railing, skirting and benches for less than 4k. if this is completely true I would have jumped on his mistake also and gladly written a check. WithTrex decking at 7.70 a sq ft, hidden fasteners at 1.10 a sq ft, framing around 4.00 a sq ft. and no labor priced in you are already at the 13.00 a sq ft mark and have not included any fasteners, concrete, permit, etc. The Transcends railing with black round spindles is also surprising to me in that a post, cap and skirt is running right at 90.00 each and a panel is 208.00, with 16 posts and 9 rail sections needed you are at 3400.00 in material. when I add these two together I am already over 9k and haven't touched the benches with backs, the two sets of steps, the 60' of Trex skirting, 2 inlays in the deck or labor to build everything. I also had to add 600.00 to your job that some other contractors may not have to cover the hour drive back and forth for 6 days of construction. I am hoping the estimate they gave you matched the invoice after they were complete and you didn't have another surprise after they were done. If they did use Trex Transcends and comparable materials to what was quoted then you received a deck for less than cost. Once again thank you for the opportunity and hope they built a good product for you. Thank You, Justin

07/23/2013

Angela W.

It took me a little while to get the quote from Hittle Construction but I have not decided who is going to do the work. I thought the guy that came out to give me the estimate was very knowledgeable and very good.

Description of Work
Hittle Construction, Inc gave me a quote.

11/03/2012

Viorica L.

Referred to the company by a friend, visted website, work looks professional and will revise post after project is completed.

Description of Work
Referred to the company by a friend, visited website, work looks professional and will revise post after project is completed.

07/23/2012

Robert E.

It was the first time we had used them. It went very well. It was a positive experience. They were very professional and the work was done very well.

Description of Work
They did some landscaping for me.

Category landscaping

09/29/2011

RJ S.

Over a period of a year, we designed a one of a kind deck with stone inlays. The quality of construction from frame work to completion is top notch. Everyone is extremely polite and professional. We would recommend to everyone.

Description of Work
Justin and his crew did an excellent job on building a new deck and was very professional. The deck is one of a kind and looks great!

09/17/2008

MICHAEL AND NANCY N.

The pricing was reasonable. The communication was strong and the service was prompt. They were very nice. They were very professional in how they did this particular project for us.

Description of Work
They put up a black rod iron fence in our back yard about 250 ft long.

Category fencing, wrought iron

03/16/2007

CANDACE S.

Ives McGoff handled the initial sales call, prepared the estimate, and scheduled the work. He was also the point of contact for everything to do with this job. We are EXTREMELY pleased with how this project was handled, from start to finish. The deck looks wonderful, and Hittle Construction answered every question we had promptly and to our complete satisfaction. The quality of the workmanship is top-notch. They came when they said they would, they completed the project on schedule, and there were no surprises along the way. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a top quality deck. What we ended up with is a beautiful deck that is extremely sturdy.

Description of Work
Completely rebuilt deck with Trex deck materials. Set new posts and rebuilt all support structures. Re-used custom made wrought-iron balasters (so we didn't have to go to the expense of replacing them), upgraded the railings by adding Trex posts and handrails.

09/29/2005

GLEN J.

VERY PLEASED WITH THE DECK AND THE JOB THEY DID ON THE INSTALLATION. THEY WERE VERY EFFICIENT AND CLEANED UP AFTER THEIR WORK WAS COMPLETED. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
I HAD THEM REMOVE A BACK CONCRETE STOOP AND INSTALL A DECK WITH BENCHES AND HAD A CONCRETE SLAB POURED FOR A HOT TUB. THEY HAD TO GRADE THE DIRT IN ORDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR DECK. THE DECK WAS APPROXIMATELY 480 SQUARE FEET.

Cornego Custom Welding LLC

We are locally owned and operated of of Lafayette, IN. We do welding, fabricating, and installments. Valued customers and always doing anything in pour power to make sure our customers are satisfied when the jobs done!

Preferred Custom Remodeling LLC

As Owner and General Contractor, I bring over 20 plus years experience in residential remodeling to the homeowners of the Hamilton County and surrounding area. Our professionalism and attention to details set us apart from our competition. We specialize in remodeling Bathrooms, Basements, Porches and Decks, Room Additions, Tile Work and much more… Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Whether creating new spaces or updating your home, let our experience work for you.

CMH Builders Inc

***SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNERS 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010*** At CMH Builders Inc., we consider ourselves a personal, one-stop shop basement remodeling and finishing company serving the Indianapolis area surrounding counties. With the vast majority of our work being completed by CMH Builders in-house employees themselves it allows the homeowner to become very familiar with who is working in their house day in and day out without have a parade of different subcontractors showing up to the house every day. This separates us from much of the competition. We take pride in being a smaller, more personal company. You will always have direct contact with your project manager and can be assured that each of our employees will take care of your needs in the same personal and professional manner as the owner. CMH Builders is different. Different in the way we approach remodeling, renovation and basement finishing projects. Different in the way we plan and present the project, and different in way we quote the project. Our unique “Total Project Estimate” ensures we have proposed the plan for the project that won’t leave you with questions and surprises at the end. We encourage you to compare our process, presentation and quote against any residential basement remodeler and finisher.  3D Renderings of your project  In House Designer  CMH Showroom offers multiple selection options  CMH field staff in-house  CMH Project Management Service from Start to Finish  2 yr CMH Warranty on workmanship  Only quality materials used on every project  Licensed, Bonded, Insured

Offers by CMH Builders Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Ask For Details

Fencing, Retaining Walls, Decks & Porches.

Building Homes & House Framing.