CAPS Road Materials

Founded 1976 • With Angi since April 2012

7195 Sheaf Ct

Plainfield, IN 46168

***2017 2018 and 2019 super service award winner!!***Family owned and operated. No Subs. Cost determined by the job. No Travel. Owner present on every job. Please check out this article about our company: http://www.wpta21.com/story/34372457/2017/01/Sunday/angies-list-the-hidden-cost-of-a-snow-shoveling-short-cut...

driveway pavers (49)stone & gravel (6)excavating (3)concrete repair (8)

08/07/2021

Ann S.

Very efficient and good quality job.

Description of Work
Asphalt Driveway

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 08/07/2021

05/05/2021

Melissa P.

We wanted a durable and economical solution for our driveway. After doing our exploration, we decided to go with a chip and seal pavement for our house. On the recommendation of our friends and relatives, we hired CAPS Road Materials. Our project manager was H. Corrigan is the most professional and friendly person we have come across in a long time.

Description of Work
durable and economical solution for our driveway

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/25/2021

10/14/2020

mary D.

CAPs took good care of the project and communicated throughout. They were timely and thorough. I would highly recommend them and hire again.

Description of Work
New driveway and backfill

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Review for CAPS Road Materials - 7195 Sheaf Ct, Plainfield, IN - 38948940

07/08/2020

JOHN & MARY JANE M.

If you are needing concrete or asphalt work done, you could not make a better decision than hiring Mr. Corrigan and crew. We had multiple issues and concerns with an especially large driveway that was long overdue for paving. They were all solved yesterday. 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Driveway repave, including improved drainage and curbs

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

11/27/2019

Lori B.

Hughie and his team did an outstanding job on this project! He came when he was scheduled and rolled in with all the necessary equipment to get this job done in 2 days. They worked with us on a good drainage solution where water runs off drive and into garage. They spent alot of time getting that correct before they did any asphalting. The crew has been with Hughie for a long time and they worked like a well-oiled machine! I was thrilled with their attention to detail....edges were sloped and tamped neatly to allow for a beautiful finished edge all the way around our drive. They took the excess gravel after they graded old driveway up and moved it around to the back of our barn/garage and spread it out for us. The slope of the drive was done to perfection. Hughie is one of the best equipment operators I've seen and was present on the job both days just as he promised. I would highly recommend CAPS Road Materials, a local company with their own employees who take great pride in their work! I will definitely hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
We needed to asphalt our existing gravel driveway at our home and also have them install drainage next to our garage and barn.

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

11/04/2019

BRAD B.

Everything went very smoothly. Hughie kept me informed along the way of what specifically was being done. The end result of the asphalt drive was nothing short of a transformation. These guys do really good asphalt work! You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Approximately 600 foot asphalt driveway was in much need of repair. Asphalt was cracked, chipped, and broken in numerous places, and quite a bit of vegetation had emerged through the cracks. Hughie and crew prepped everything on the first day, and they resurfaced/capped the drive with new asphalt on the second day. They also spread 12 truckloads of gravel on our gravel driveways (approximately 700-800 feet in length.)

Category pavers, gravel, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

09/07/2019

JOHN C.

Great! I did my research and asked Hugh about the materials he uses. He uses hot tar to fill driveway cracks (that’s best) and a seal coating that actually bonds with the existing driveway. His professional grade materials last twice as long as other materials commonly used. And the driveway is ready to use the next day! He explained things well and did a great job. He had two other guys with him and they were both experienced and they left a very smooth surface that was carefully edged. I will definitely use his services in the future.

Description of Work
Driveway asphalt

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

07/29/2019

Debbie M.

Smooth operation of start to finish. Owner of company and his workers are fast, efficient and professional. The driveway looks better than it ever has. We were told what was to be done and the cost.

Description of Work
repaving asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

05/31/2019

ANTHONY & CONNE O.

Our driveway was in very bad condition. It was repaired by a team of seven workers, including Hughie Corrigan, the company owner. They completed the job in about 5 hours, working efficiently and carefully. Mr. Corrigan answered all our questions patiently. His was the lowest of the estimates we obtained. The driveway looks great now. We highly recommend CAPS Road Materials.

Description of Work
Repair asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

05/17/2019

Gina B.

After researching several companies to do our driveway, we chose CAPS Road Materials. CAPS seemed more professional and on spot with what we wanted. We were right! They are professional, reasonable, courteous, and timely. They did a perfect job on our driveway. We are so happy with the results. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Create and gravel a new driveway

Category excavators, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Review for CAPS Road Materials - 7195 Sheaf Ct, Plainfield, IN - 37883790

04/23/2019

ADAM H.

Hughie, the owner, was easy to work with throughout the project. He gladly provided me with two different quotes depending on the amount of work I could afford to complete based on my request. His quotes were very competitive with the other contractors I called. Hughie recommended that I speak to folks in my neighborhood who he had done similar work for the prior year, and remembered them by name. That was very helpful, and my neighbors gave great reviews. I felt confident with my choice since CAPS won't use subcontractors for work. Hughie was also present for the day of the work and returned to verify work completed when I returned home. The scope of the project was approximately 400 feet of asphalt drive. My wife was home for the day of work, and she said that Hughie was very nice, and easy to talk to. Hughie and the crew were on time to start work, and finished in one day as promised. The result of the work is awesome, and exceeds my expectations. There were a couple of spots that Hughie and the team worked to improve over the existing boundaries of the driveway on their own pride and initiative. I appreciate the extra effort and the craftsmanship. Hughie also provided advice at my request on maintenance for the driveway. I'm planning to rehire for sealing the asphalt one year from now. Great work - definitely recommend!

Description of Work
new asphalt for existing driveway

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

04/05/2019

Jay W.

Had two quotes from two companies. CAPS was half the price as the other one. CAPS had good reviews on Angie's List, so we went with CAPS. Our double-wide driveway was cracked, had sunken spots and was in bad shape. The CAPS Crew showed up on time and were employees of CAPS and no subs. Five workers along with a lot of machinery. Everyone knew what to do for the job. Minimal down time. Job took less than three hours. Crew took time to clean up the job site, so my neighbors will be happy - and me as well. Can't use the driveway for a couple days, but we knew that from the quote. Very happy going with CAPS. We will need to seal the driveway in about three months. Got pointers from CAPS on how to do that myself. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Repave asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

03/22/2019

Sid M.

I contacted Caps Road Materials a couple of months back and Huggie mentioned that Asphalt plants are closed and he can help in spring. I contacted again a week back and he immediately got back. We scheduled a day for an estimate and he arrived on time and same evening shared the details. Once I signed the contract after a few times back and forth on my queries. We talked over the phone and scheduled the day of putting the new driveway. He arrived on time and did a pretty good job. Very excited to see the job done and it looks clean. I would hire again for sealing and maintenance. He was very professional and I felt the cost was reasonable. I didn't check many on the cost because I found him very responsive to answer my questions and also proactively following up. I would recommend CAPS over many other similar service providers because of professionalism and responsiveness. He pretty quickly responds to text messages and pick up phone calls.

Description of Work
We wanted to convert our gravel driveway to ashphalt

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

06/14/2018

John K.

Hughie and his team were excellent at what they do! Great guys, professional and courteous! Very pleased with my new drive!

Description of Work
New driveway plus add-on.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

Review for CAPS Road Materials - 7195 Sheaf Ct, Plainfield, IN - 37156650

05/31/2018

Linda M.

The driveway looks great. The work was completed on time, as planned. The cost was reasonable and the owner communicated all through the process. All debris was hauled away. They removed the old stoop and the new one looks great. I'm glad I went with CAPS.

Description of Work
Sections of driveway needed to be fixed and then new asphalt for entire driveway was put down. The stoop needed to be removed and then a new one added.

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

05/03/2018

Glen F.

Excellent! The owner was knowledgeable and professional at all times. He was always on site with a great crew and great equipment. We trusted him, and were very confident in his ability to get a quality job done timely. The job was reasonably priced and they did a fantastic job!!! We highly recommend this CAPS Road Materials.

Description of Work
Driveway - Asphalt. Part of loop driveway was old and had to be removed. The whole drive required knowledge and skill with proper angles for compound entries to three buildings of different elevations.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

08/03/2017

John E.

Very well. They were very professional and everyone knew their job. The owner also worked right alongside his guys and responded to my questions as they came up

Description of Work
Driveway asphalt paving

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

07/23/2017

Wade J.

After contacting the company, I received a visit from them the same day with an estimate and they were able to begin three days later. Great service provided and very professional.

Description of Work
Replacing an asphalt driveway

06/24/2017

Matt S.

Could not have asked for a better experience working with Hughie. When he first showed up he took the time to talk to me and gave me options. All the other companies that I got quotes from (rated high on Angie's list) seemed to not have time to talk or gave only one option. Out of the 5 quotes that I did get, C.A.P.S. was not the cheapest, but they were pretty darn close. Go with them and you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of large driveway and parking area.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

Review for CAPS Road Materials - 7195 Sheaf Ct, Plainfield, IN - 35338755

02/22/2017

Julie C.

The experience was great!! Hugh and his team provided quality work in the time frame specified. There were no games or question of what type of driveway we would get in the end! We are very pleased with the end product! We will be using Hugh and his team again!!

Description of Work
We wanted to pave our gravel drive.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

Review for CAPS Road Materials - 7195 Sheaf Ct, Plainfield, IN - 34504958

11/12/2016

MELISSA & LAWRENCE B.

Perfect! Hughie and his team were very professional. They gave us a very reasonable offer and came when they said they would. The project took two days. We needed repair on our driveway before they could proceed. Hughie had all the equipment to take care of the task. The job was better than we imagined. We were able to use an Angie's List discount PLUS Hughie gave us another discount for having the work done in conjunction with another job he did; it saved him time and money in transporting his equipment and he passed it on to us. My neighbors obviously liked his work because 3 of them had their driveways done too! I would refer CAD Road Materials to anyone who wants a professional job done.

Description of Work
Paving a long driveway.

Work Completed On 11/09/2016

10/26/2016

Thomas L.

Hughie and his crew did a great job!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone. They were always on time and Hughie always checked with us if there was a concern or change to the project. Hughie also addressed extra things that came up without hesitation. Job well done!

Description of Work
The provider installed a new asphalt driveway. Some excess gravel was spread in an area to build it up and the rest was removed. Dirt was also brought in and spread where some of the gravel was removed. A drainage pipe was also installed along the driveway.

Category pavers, gravel, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

10/19/2016

VICTORIA AND BRUCE H.

They did a great job. I'm totally satisfied.

Description of Work
resurfaced my large asphalt driveway. Houghie owns the business and is there throughout the entire process working with his professional crew. I am very happy with how it looks. He just finished it so I guess time will tell, but i would absolutely work with him again on future projects.

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers