AJ Construction

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2009

AJ Construction & Roofing. Free estimates. Cost determined by job. No travel charges. 24 hour emergency service offered. We serve Indiana & Michigan. Lifetime warranty against leaks. Senior Discount of $100.00 offered. Award winning. When Quality Matters.

4.3

roofing (182)tile installation (6)drywall (5)home remodeling (3)window replacement (3)plumbers (3)insulation (3)decks & porches (3)woodworking (2)gutter cleaning (2)interior painting (1)snow removal (1)

09/16/2021

Andrew S.

Excellent work, professional in all aspects of the job, from start to finish.

Description of Work
Complete roof

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

03/23/2021

Sandy S.

They were quick to get us a quote and were easy to do business with.

Description of Work
New roof and some repair.

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

03/23/2021

Kim C.

Fantastic job. The crew was here early morning and finished mid afternoon. They made sure all the debris was picked up and looked like it did when they arrived

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Review for AJ Construction - PO Box 618, Osceola, IN - 39262752

01/22/2021

Rocco S.

Professional service. Great job on new roof install. Fair on price.

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

01/14/2021

Karen S.

We were given complete information and written material about what would be done. The crew was efficient and careful in removing old shingles, putting on new shingles and cleaning up afterward. AJ's were also recommended by our insurance claims adjuster.

Description of Work
We had hail damage and AJ's did the reroofing.

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

01/07/2021

Ron M.

very well. they did everything I asked, on time & on budget.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

01/06/2021

Doug G.

Throughout every phase this was performed in a quality, professional, fair and clean manner. I have and will continue to recommend them to anyone who needs roof replacement. Look no further, this company is the best.

Description of Work
Complete roof removal and replacement

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

12/17/2020

Terry L.

They did a great job from the beginning thru to the final cleanup. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Removal of two old roofs and three skylights, then replacement them with brand new ones.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

12/15/2020

Barbara S.

I thought AJ roofing was very personal.I would definitely refer them to my friends and family ! My roof looks beautiful !

Description of Work
A new roof

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

12/15/2020

Lori B.

We would highly recommend AJ roofing Josh was very professional and honest he explained to us throughly what to expect from start to finish. The crew was amazing, the promptness, efficiency and focus was spot on. They completed the job in one day and the clean up was immaculate. Luke and Lori B

Description of Work
Roof installation

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

12/14/2020

Aaron W.

AJ's did an outstanding job! They were fast, fair priced, and excellent quality. We would highly recommend to anyone needing their services. Thank you Aaron West

Description of Work
New Roof install and tear off

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

12/14/2020

S B.

Had a small window of opportunity to get my roof torn off, sheathing replaced and re-roofed before weather turned. Josh said and did what he was going to do even though I was skeptical from what other roofers were bad mouthing about AJ Roofing! The company replaced all rotten wood, upgraded ice & water felt and put in Pro-Architecural shingles. The company also re-roofed my garage, replacing the entire rotted out boards underneath the shingles! Truly remarkable transformation in two days time and before the weather changed! Haven't seen leaks but, if something was missed, I'm confident Josh and the office staff(Melanie & Abbey)will be attentive!

Description of Work
Remove old roof on house and gargage and replace any rotten sheathing.

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

12/11/2020

Amanda K.

After receiving bids from several different companies, AJ’s was by far the most competitive and the best value for our money. The entire process from scheduling to installation was simple and seamless and their crew did an amazing job with our new roof and clean up.

Description of Work
Tear off and Installation of New Roof

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

12/11/2020

Shelley B.

Excellent - professional company. They spent time going over all details of the work and using quality products, completed the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
New roof for home and garage

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

12/10/2020

Micah W.

The crew from AJ did a fantastic job again. I had used them on my previous house as well and they have lived up to my expectations both times!!

Description of Work
I had a roof overlay done.

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

08/20/2019

Joe K.

Set up an appointment for Aug 13, 2019 to have a sales person come to my home and give an estimate as I explained I had a couple of leaks in my roof. Received a call early before the appt time saying there was an emergency and could they come while I was at work. I agreed and explained what I wanted done to my roof. The gentleman was very cordial and said I would have an estimate the next day. I called the next day later in the afternoon and was told the lady who does the estimates stepped out and when she came back they would have her get back with me. On Thursday I called again and was told the person I needed to speak to was off and they didn’t know where the “sheet” was with the information to write up the estimate. Called back on Friday and was told she was off again. Called back Monday and spoke with the lady who was handling my estimate. She said she needed some additional information and would have it by noon and get back to me later in the day. Here it is Tuesday and I still haven’t heard from them. The people I have talked to were very nice. However, the lack of communication and professionalism as well as customer service is dumbfounding. The had not cost them probably $8000.

Description of Work
I wanted an estimate to have a complete tear off and facia replaced.

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

10/18/2018

Linda G.

All went very well. Two issues after the job was done were addressed right away in a satisfactory way. I would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
new roof was installed

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You were a pleasure to work with as well! We greatly appreciate you!

05/30/2018

Michelle D.

Team was quick, efficient and friendly. I was impressed at how smoothly the project went.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof on 2story house

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

You were an awesome customer and we appreciate the review and working with you!!

05/20/2017

Susan D.

Excellent! Very professional. Large crew...in and out in 1 day. They have done at least 3 other roof jobs in my neighborhood and came highly recommended. I can see why. Great price, great guarantee, quick, efficient, great clean-up. My only advice to anyone with tender plants or bushes like hydrangeas or azaleas that have branches that might easily break off is to warn them ahead of time to cover with "extra care" if these are in the way, or you might figure a way to cover them yourself. All in all, though, they did a great job of protecting my plants and bushes.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of old shingles. New roof.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

Thanks so much! We really appreciate working with great customers like yourself!

05/03/2017

Mike M.

The price was excellent. The workmanship and professionalism, again excellent. A crew of six showed up on time and had the project knocked out in a day. Very impressed. Communication and follow up is less than perfect. Still waiting on a different quote. Overall very good.

Description of Work
Tear off on a roof.

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

Thanks so much for the kind words. You are a great customer to have. We appreciate it.

05/22/2016

Crystal B.

Wasted my time. If they didn't want to do what I needed done they should have told me that instead of stringing me along

Description of Work
Looked at the work I needed. Told me I'd get the email with quote the next day. Never received it so I called 5 days later. She told me it wasn't ready but I'd hear from them Monday. It is now Saturday and I've never heard from them.

Work Completed On 05/09/2016

I apologize for this happening - I am not sure what happened and the office employee who would have handled this is no longer with us. This is upsetting to us and I sincerely apologize for this happening.

11/20/2015

Joe W.

I will begin this to say that if we receive word back from them in the next 12 hours, then I will come back and change this review. However, as it stands we have had horrible service with this company. The initial visit was great. They had a wonderful employee come out and give us a quote for the roof. It really just needed some repair work, but the price they were giving us for the entire roof was great in comparison to Gene's quote on repairing 3 spots. We got quoted at 6,500, We wanted better shingles then the standard so it bumped it up to just over 7,000. Now, here is where we get a lot of problems. COMMUNICATION. COMMUNICATION. COMMUNICATION. I do not know who runs this office, the woman I talk to on the phone is always very polite. However, whoever is in charge of follow up, contracts and what not should probably find another job! For the last 4 months I have been calling their office several times a week trying to get information about financing, pricing, scheduling, contract, etc. I have yet to actually get a phone call back. I have also given them my email, but they have not emailed me any information since the first email with the quote. I have looked into other roofing companies who were just honest and said they were very busy or booked for the season. This company led me to believe that they had an open schedule. When I saw reviews for them I noticed some complaints about communication. Oh, you have no idea. Now, the season is almost over, this company has been stringing me along to the point that most other places just are completely booked. I find they have been extremely inconsiderate regarding our situation. Really, I don't get why they would pass up at $7,500 job, do you? So, if you value your time and have an actual life outside of babysitting a roofing company, I would say go somewhere else. What you will have to deal with is not worth the "deal". That is why they get an "F" on everything besides price. They were that bad.

Description of Work
Horribly. I will explain the "work" they did below. But just to be clear, I will paint you a picture of our situation. We are doing the roof for my mom. We have offered to put 1/2 down (which is what they require). My husband and I are in a stable situation. I have been beyond polite and considerate. It has gotten to the point that their company voicemail is filled.

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

08/11/2015

Theresa G.

Terry came out and looked at the job and collected information for my insurance company. This was about 3 weeks ago. I have called several times and have not received a call back. I have not received an estimate. Communication seems to be very poor. There is a serious lack of response.

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate to replace a part of my roof, siding, and gutters.