B & B Appliance

Founded 1984

appliance repair (33)small appliance repair (3)

02/23/2022

CHUEN W.

My poor elderly mother whirlpool dryer broke down. I requested dozen of referrals from Angi's member specialist, I called them all and explained to them my poor mother's financial situation that she is only receiving a small amount of social security check. The owner, Mr. John Benny seemed like trustworthy and compassionate. I explained to him the problem of the dryer, John seemed to have a lot of experience and is knowledgeable, diagnosed the problem over the phone and he provided two options of parts to be replaced. When I explained to him my mom's financial situation I felt like he gave me the best pricing to help my mom. He came and diagnosed the problem right away and then told me that he was so glad that my mom needed the cheaper part which is the broken one and not the more expensive part. I was so moved by his extraordinary compassion to look after my poor mother's interest. He was very kind and honest man. When he said that he'll move here to get closer to her beloved daughter, I said that he must be a very caring and loving father. So I admired him even more. He was an excellent appliance repairman and use genuine whirlpool part. My mom has been living in this home over 25 years and no other past appliance repairmen cared about it or mentioned about the long vent hose in the back. John was honest and looking after my elderly mother's interest not only recommended to shorten the vent hose but he shorten it for us even if it is not part of the job. After he shorten the vent, he said that the clothes will dry faster, it will save more energy and it will be more convenient to use. I was so grateful that he was looking after my mom with an extra mile. I explained to him that my elderly mother's electrical GE stove heating element is often burnt out because my mom loved to cook soup. I asked him how much he's gonna charge for the labor to replace the heating element but I provide the part and then I was very happy to hear that he was glad to help my mom with a special rate. Thanks to Angi's member specialist, again, I found the best company who I could build a nice friendship. I highly recommend this company. I always asked for as many referrals as possible from Angi's member specialist, then I called them all and compared them but I always have a better luck to choose the best, honest and most compassionate company. It is very important that homeowners must do their homework diligently to find the best company to hire.

Description of Work
Repaired the dryer.

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

09/24/2021

Laurie H.

John was prompt and thoughtful. He did not want to throw expensive parts at the problem before doing some more research. As it turned out, my husband confessed that he had poured cleaner on the control panel and the panel beeped for two days until it had thoroughly dried out. So we did not use John’s services. However, I will definitely use him in the future.

Description of Work
Analyze beeping range

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

06/11/2021

MICHAEL M.

John did an excellent job. He was very thorough and knowledgeable. He quickly diagnosed the problem and returned quickly with the needed parts.

Description of Work
Fixed my Samsung dryer

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

05/29/2021

Jon V.

Called John, he gave an estimated time when he could come which helped me to plan my day. Upon arrival John checked out our freezer, got it working properly, gave some additional advice and was very reasonably priced. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Fixed our upright freezer

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

05/25/2021

Pat G.

Perfect, all is working. Only had problems receiving parts from Bosch because of COVID.

Description of Work
Bosch freezer ice maker

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

04/23/2021

Kate H.

John was very flexible with timing since I didn’t know how long movers would take. He knew exactly what to ask before coming over to make sure he had everything he needed. My washer and dryer and now installed and perfectly level for the first time ever. A couple weeks after he set up the washer/dryer we had another issue with our dishwasher and he came over same day to take care if it. I’m keeping his card handy!

Description of Work
Re-install washer/dryer after a move

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

11/23/2020

Maryalice D.

Great. B &B prompt, professional and made sure it was working correctly before he left.

Description of Work
Gas range lower ignition replaced.

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

11/16/2020

Dan M.

The work was good, had to wait two weeks for a part and service to fix it.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/14/2020

Linda G.

He arrived exactly on time, washer was repaired successfully and the price was reasonable!

Description of Work
Washer Repair

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

11/12/2020

Linda L.

electrics on the stove not working

Description of Work
Great. Very nice and knowledgeable. Was able to come next day. Had to order computer board. Didn’t come in when he expected but he kept in touch. Repaired quickly then. It would cost at least 3x this repair for a new gas range with the features it has. Very pleased

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

11/10/2020

Rachel B.

I had an issue with my dishwasher and John fixed it easily and was able to accomodate my work schedule. Very affordable as well. Will use again. Highest recommendation possible.

Description of Work
dishwasher

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/23/2020

Rae Ann G.

"He was reasonable and quick. He came early because he knew I needed to go to work that morning. He is on my list of people to call back if I need anything. I'm glad I found someone I can trust. "

Description of Work
I needed to have my dryer serviced. It was making a screeching sound that I wanted checked out.

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

10/02/2020

Nancy S.

Perfectly. Problem diagnosed and solved in a timely fashion. Price came in below estimate.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/12/2020

REBA E.

John was knowledgeable and professional repairing the problem efficiently. Charges were appropriate. Actually asked for his business card as I would definitely recommend and use again

Description of Work
Refrigerator was turning off

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

09/10/2020

Michael G.

It went fine. John Baney came out initially right on time. He performed a diagnosis of the problem. The washer needed a new part. John ordered the new part and it came in a couple of days later. John came out, installed the new part, and the washer was fixed. I would definitely hire John Baney of B & B Appliance again.

Description of Work
Washer stopped spinning right after it started.

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/02/2020

Heather V.

Came to home 4/times to try to repair washer. Was not successful, but did not charge for service call. Very nice gentleman...

Description of Work
Repair washer

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

08/17/2020

Sue M.

Great! John was punctual and professional. His repair prices are very reasonable and washing machine is back to normal. I would definitely call him again when/if I need appliance repair.

Description of Work
A hose replaced on my washing machine

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

08/06/2020

Bob F.

John diagnosed the problem quickly and went above and beyond to get it repaired at a fair price.

Description of Work
Work on washing machine

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

06/29/2020

Shirley B.

Did not repair. Part not available.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/18/2020

Joseph W.

It took a while to get the new Motherboard, but once he had it the repair went quickly. It was just a pain to try and keep the refrigerator cool enough for items NOT to go bad. I would recommend him since he really wanted item to work. And the cost was a better price than buying a new refrigerator. My Refrig is an LG and only 8 years old. John said it is the only refrigerator that is manufactured where they still place the lights on the motherboard, so if power goes out you could get motherboard fried, all others separate the lights on to a separate board.

Description of Work
Refrigerator went out after power surge.

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

05/19/2020

Michael R.

Ordered motor and was installed 2 days later.

Description of Work
Replace dishwasher motor.

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

05/18/2020

Susan B.

Bob was fast, determined that the freezer could not be saved in a matter of two minutes and that compressors are way too expensive these days

Description of Work
Needed an assessment of my deep freeze and the compressor issue. I thnk Bob could have done a more extensive search to see if this appliance could be saved

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

05/15/2020

Diana M.

Excellent. He was very professional, prompt, neat, and kind. A part had to be ordered. He returned the following morning and fixed the problem. I will call him again, if needed.

Description of Work
Repair leaking water valve in washing machine.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair