Jerry's Appliance Repair

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2009

4.3

Mitchell, IN 47446

We accept Cash, Check, Visa, MC and Discover....

04/04/2019

Sally K.

Through the Lowe's warranty, Jerry's was scheduled to repair our fridge. They stood us up the 1st scheduled day. They cancelled the 2nd scheduled day. They refused to call to confirm the time for the 3rd scheduled day, claiming that their world was very crazy and they could not call or set a reminder to contact us personally. They rely on automated emails and calls for this and were not willing to personally help. They said we could call them back to confirm. This lack of care in regards to our time is unprofessional. Their apologies were always scripted, though their voices were kind; they had no intention of prioritizing the time or making up for wasting all of ours. They continually put that back onto the customer. We are unimpressed and are using a different company through Lowe's now.

Description of Work
fridge repair

02/04/2019

Dawn H.

Tech took less than 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and find cost of parts + labor. He used the exact same information I offered to provide over the phone however was told the tech needed to come to the house to give an estimate for repair. That cost was $79+ and the estimate for repair was twice as much as a local company I called after Jerry's service man left. This company is a rip off.

Description of Work
Repair of Gas Range

05/23/2018

Jennifer B.

We had a technician from out to look at our Samsung refrigerator on Tuesday May 22nd. In doing so, the technician suggested that the parts and labor to repair the fridge would be cost prohibitive and the money would be better spent on replacing the unit. We were then charged $79.95 for the Service Trip (no problem, we knew that up front) and at the time did not have an issue with his assessment. On Wednesday morning (the 23rd) we woke up to find one of the drawers in the fridge full of water, which had never happened previously. While in the past we have had some water collect under the drawer, it was a very small amount and would take months to get to the point where it would be noticeable and need to be cleaned up. Following their visit (yesterday) water is now collecting inside the drawer and is at the point it is re-filling the drawer every few hours and needs to be cleaned up constantly (it was cleaned out this morning and was full again by lunch time). I then called Jerry's Appliance to see if they could come back out and take a look at what had changed - obviously something that their Technician adjusted has caused the water to collect much quicker. In doing so, I spoke with Terry York in Customer Service. Terry informed me that they would have to charge us again the $79.95 to come back out - which is absolutely ridiculous, why would I pay for them to come back out and fix an issue they caused. I then asked for a refund of the original $79.95 charge, and was told no, he wouldn't do that. Following that exchange, I asked to speak with his supervisor and he refused to allow me to speak with anyone else, stating that the 'buck stopped with him'. I honestly have never seen such poor customer service, it seems Terry has a lot to learn about how to treat his customers.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair,appliance sales

We apologize for any misunderstanding. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss. 855-553-7797 - Team Jerry's

05/04/2018

James D.

An appliance store here in Bloomington referred me to Jerry's. I phoned them on Thursday morning and was treated courteously and given an appointment for Friday. Then their well-designed and detailed web site took over, confirming my appointment and giving me precise information about when the service crew would arrive. They showed up right on time. Tyler and Steve listened to my problem and located what was causing the leak. They corrected the positioning of the filter and showed me how to install the next filter properly. They were friendly and courteous. Tyler explained the charges, which were very reasonable. We are completely satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
fridge was leaking water from behind filter

02/21/2018

Christopher M.

Technician showed up at our house and asked what the problem was. Before inspecting the refrigerator they indicated that they don’t repair this due to cost unless the fridge is under warranty. Could have saved time and diagnostic cost if company would have called to discuss before coming to our house.

Description of Work
Repair refrigerator

12/11/2017

Kathy M.

Great! Arrived on time. Needed to a part. Returned after part was delivered and installed part.

Description of Work
Fix dishwasher

11/25/2017

JIM B.

Useless. When the technician came out, he immediately stated that this recall service had already been completed. We were not aware of this and since Bosch told us it needed to be fixed, we assumed it really did need to be fixed per the recall. My husband then told the technician about the difficulties with the error codes. The technician checked out the dishwasher and stated he couldn't find any problems and that everything seemed to be working fine. He also said, "I hope Bosch will pay for this service call." and told us we did not owe any money. When he left, we loaded the dishwasher and ran it and surprise, error codes. The dishwasher won't even begin to wash. Fast forward two weeks and we get a bill in the mail for $79.95. The service performed reads as this, "Ran unit through diagnostics, no error indications, no leaks. Billed Bosch for service. Bosch rejected due to being out of parts and labor warranty. Customer responsible for service call. Billing trip charge only." So since Bosch wouldn't pay them for a RECALL (not a parts and labor warranty issue), Jerry's Appliance wants us to pay for their trip out. If they had actually fixed the dishwasher while they were here, I would be happy to pay the bill. When we called to discuss the issue with Jerry's Appliance, they offered to come back out with a repair kit (somewhere around $150), which may or may not fix the dishwasher, at which point they would wave the trip charge. I feel like they just want to collect on their $79.95 and then while out here, charge more for a repairs which they should have done the first time.

Description of Work
We had a Bosch dishwasher that was a part of a Bosch recall. We called Bosch and gave them our dishwasher model and serial number. They stated that yes, our dishwasher was a part of the recall and needed to be fixed. It also happened to be displaying an E:15 error code with every wash and wouldn't finish the cleaning cycle. Right before the technician came, the error code also read E:23.

07/24/2017

BRUCE & PAMELA J.

It went very well. The technician was very knowledgeable and professional. He was unable to fix the microwave doors, but assured us that the function of the microwave is not hindered by the loose door. He repaired the oven and only charged us for 1 appliance repair as there was nothing he could do for the microwave. I have used them in the past and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
My oven door handles were loose, and the facia of the oven was loose. The door hinges of my microwave appear broken.

05/15/2017

Susan B.

Called and they sent Devon who was very professional, quick, and pleasant. He determined the problem quickly, and said he would have to order a part and return the following Friday. He returned with the part and installed it and now the refrigerator is cooling again. Second time I have used Jerry's for the same refrigerator and both times they were great.

Description of Work
Refrigerator stopped cooling.

04/05/2017

Cynthia S.

I've used Jerry's before for a refrigerator, which is why I called them again. The repairman (whose name I unfortunately forget) is a delight. He's friendly and VERY thorough. He was able to diagnose what was a complex two-part problem, order parts and install them correctly. This is a very reliable company I would use again.

Description of Work
My gas oven was failing to reliably turn on and the broiler portion was no longer lighting.