Freedom Home Services, Inc.

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2002

9222 Hollopeter Rd

Leo, IN 46765

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. CHARGES HOURLY RATE OF $80 FOR THE 1ST HOUR & $40 EACH ADDITIONAL HOUR. ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICES. SOME PROJECTS BASED ON FLAT RATE. SOME PROJECTS MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL CHARGES....

08/25/2021

dane C.

Everything thing went very well, Very professional service, very reasonable costs. From this point on, Freedom Home Services is my electrician.

Description of Work
I needed a 240V line disabled at the breaker box and a ground fault circuit interrupter wall receptacle replaced. I had concerns about the functionality of the original unit. The wall circuit was tested, no problems noted. The 240V line was for a hot tub that had been removed. Needed to ensure it was safe and still available for future use.

Category electrician

02/15/2021

Samantha H.

I would rate this business higher if I could! Terry is very knowledgeable when it comes to repairs. He was very professional. Feeling comfortable with who you hire is super important me. He was very upfront and honest about the repair I needed done, walked me through what was needed, and showed me so I understood, instead of just telling me. I really appreciated that. It was very reassuring. I will definitely be calling him again for future repairs. Highly recommend!!! A+++++

Description of Work
Installed new disposal; re-installed kitchen faucet

02/10/2021

JEANE G.

REAL PLEASED WITH SERVICE AND PROMPT SERVICE. WILL CALL AGAIN . VERY COURTEOUS.

Description of Work
Evaluated issues on a microwave. No action at this time. No charge for the service call.

Category appliance repair

01/31/2021

anita L.

Very friendly and professional service

Description of Work
New Door Handles Installation

Category appliance repair

01/25/2021

Jessica C.

Excellent work and at a very fair price. I will call him again!

Description of Work
Fan Removal, ceiling light install, fill vlv & flapper, hung mirror.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

Pat W.

Good, I have been pleased with the leads I have gotten from Angie's list.

Description of Work
General renovation before moving in to a 15 year old home. We had a wall removed, new baseboards where new flooring was put down, installation of slider doors, new lighting fixtures and overhead fans, new mirrors and new overhead lighting in bathroom, and more

Category ceramic tile, electrician, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, tree service, window treatments, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Jill L.

Terry was my handyman for years. He is very professional and can fix/repair/install just about anything. Always does a great job and is quite thorough. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Handymen

Steve B.

Excellent. Terry does quality work, and, is very dependable. We have used him for over 10 years.

Description of Work
Handymen

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, lighting

Alicia W.

We have used Terry for numerous types of handyman services since 2004 ranging from installing things like doorbells, ceiling fans, lights, faucets and subflooring, to fixing things, hanging large paintings and the list goes on. Terry has a wide breadth of knowledge and skill and what he doesn't know, he will tell you honestly. Recently, he fixed a garbage disposal that he had installed about 4-5 years ago. Something was caught in it and we called a reputable plumbing company out first. The plumber told us that we would need to replace it. We contacted Terry and he had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. He's honest, reliable, reasonable and really good at what he does.

Description of Work
Handymen

Valerie C.

Terry Mackenzie, Freedom Home Services, was my handyman for seven years. He was the best handyman I have ever used. He is competent, reasonable, professional, prompt, and very capable. He was able to fix, set up or repair everything that needed attention. When I moved, he gave me many terrific ideas for making my smaller house more functional: closet systems, hanging heavy objects, adding hooks, etc. When i have given him particularly difficult tasks, he has always found ways to do them very well. On a 5 star rating system, he gets 5 on every category.

Description of Work
Many repair jobd

12/11/2020

Laura G.

Terry does excellent work and has a broad skill set. He’s respectful of my home, prompt to respond to messages, and priced very fairly.

Description of Work
Handymen

12/11/2020

Susan F.

We have used Terry for twenty years. Professional, timely,fairly priced and excellent at what he does. Would definitely recommend

Description of Work
Handymen

09/18/2019

Jeanie W.

Terry quickly discovered that both ballasts had failed. He had replacement ballasts and the right sized bulbs and completed the work in a short time.

Description of Work
My kitchen ceiling light would not light up.

Category lighting

02/22/2018

LINN L.

He is so gifted. If he doesn't answer the phone, he gets back to you within a couple of hours. He always shows up when he says he will and is never late- he's completely reliable. He always cleans up afterward. He also makes recommendations on any repairs that may need to be addressed. He is very good at what he does. He has a degree in engineering. He will do anything electrical. The next time he comes, he is going to install a ceiling fan. He's probably installed 4 for me already over the years; I've been using him since 2003.

Description of Work
He recently installed some venetian blinds and blinds on my sun porch. He also changes the filter in my refrigerator, maintains my soft water system and does basically everything for me around the home.

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling

12/18/2017

SUE H.

Mr . McKenzie was prompt and professional. I had total confidence that the job would be completed quickly and competently and it was. From my first email to job completion only took five days...in plenty of time for Christmas. I'm sure that I'll use Freedom Home Services, Inc. again

Description of Work
Replaced 3 lights in the garage, lowered a chandelier, fixed florescent light in laundry room

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

10/17/2017

Jacqie H.

Everything went very well, no problem at all, and the locks & lighting fixtures are all working fine.

Description of Work
Replaced the locks on the front door & he installed light fixtures

08/07/2017

Kris C.

Professional, prompt, high quality.

Description of Work
Door lock replacement, outdoor flood light replacement, ceiling fan removal and replacement x 2

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans, doors

05/30/2017

DENNIS & MARGARET ANN W.

Did a great job. Hourly rate was a bit high, but he does great work.

Description of Work
Installed attic fan motor, installed garbage disposal

05/18/2017

Todd J.

Fantastic! Terry was great! He was very professional and I showed him a list of electrical work that I need done in the future. I'll be bringing him back to do it.

Description of Work
Electrical work.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

08/30/2016

Dawn W.

Everything was great! Terry was responsive and reasonably priced. He managed to fit me in to a cancellation he had on the same day. The work was finished in an hour. There were no issues with cleanup or anything like that. Very happy with the service provided!

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

08/29/2016

catherine B.

I simply called to ask what services he could do for us and he laughed saying hes a one man team and it would take him 12 yrs to build a home. I found this to be sarcastic and unprofessional. I hung up and he proceeded to call back and yell at me.

Description of Work
Building a home

08/07/2016

Jackie W.

The repairman was rude. When I asked to reschedule the day before my appointment so I could research pricing he said "good luck with that" and hung up abruptly. I felt his pricing was too high and certainly didn't appreciate his attitude.

Description of Work
Scheduled to do electrical lighting.

06/20/2016

Keith G.

He fully explained what he felt was causing the problems and what he did to fix them. Also provided advice as needed. Very thorough and cordial. He charges by the hour rather than by the task, which makes for a fair price. He arrived on time and worked continuously.

Description of Work
He fixed two ceiling exhaust fans, started a non-working fluorescent light fixture, and made recommendations on two other projects.

05/06/2016

Mark B.

All was excellent. Terry was extremely professional and very responsive. You knew well in advance when he would arrive and finish each item. We will use again in the future and we highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
We had a long list of items to complete including plumbing, electrical, dry walling.

Category bathtub refinishing, contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, doors

02/03/2016

Jacqie H.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Freedom Home Services. They fixed the plumbing underneath my sink.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Koenig Construction

I am a one man crew who is looking for small jobs to do on the weekend. I have multiple years of experience and always want to do the job correctly the first time.

Jr Quality Painting & Finishing

Locally owned and operated. Specializing in drywall finishing, interior painting, exterior painting, and more! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! Check us out at https://maracas-cone-m2hj.squarespace.com/

Dimke Property Solutions

Dimke Property Solutions LLC also known as DPS, is a full service drywall company. We specialize in texture matching, popcorn removal, repairs, and remodal projects including basements. We also do complete new build drywall service. Dimke Property Solutions is also a distributor and installer of decorative plaster mouldings and beams. Over 35 years experience, fully insured. All work is warrantied for materials and workmanship for 1 full year.

ROOM ADDITIONS, LARGE REMODELING JOBS, EARTHWORK, ROOF REPLACEMENT & BASEMENT FINISHING.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Freedom Home Services, Inc.

How is Freedom Home Services, Inc. overall rated?

Freedom Home Services, Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What payment options does Freedom Home Services, Inc. provide

Freedom Home Services, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Freedom Home Services, Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Freedom Home Services, Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Freedom Home Services, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Freedom Home Services, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Freedom Home Services, Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Freedom Home Services, Inc. offers a 0% senior discount.

Does Freedom Home Services, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Freedom Home Services, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Freedom Home Services, Inc.?

Yes, Freedom Home Services, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Freedom Home Services, Inc. offer?

Freedom Home Services, Inc. offers the following services: HANDYMAN, GENERAL HOME REPAIRS, CARPENTRY, ELECTRICAL, LIGHT PLUMBING, & LIGHT REMODELING.

Are there any services Freedom Home Services, Inc. does not offer?