YOUR CHIMNEY SWEEP INC

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 1996

2136 CORD ST

Indianapolis, IN 46224

CSIA Certified. 3 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL SURCHARGE MAY APPLY....

05/05/2022

Tom S.

Joe did an excellent job. He is very professional and knowledgable about chimneys.

Description of Work
chimney was cleaned

Category appliance repair, chimney sweep

01/03/2022

David C.

Hadn't ran fireplace for a few years, so wanted to have an inspection. Joe and his son arrived right on scheduled time and found a clean chimney but someone had installed sheet metal covering 3/4 of chimney cap. Removed that and got gas fireplace going. Thankful for his services.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney caps, fireplaces, gas logs

07/29/2021

RICH B.

We purchased a new washer and dryer and scheduled Joe Sauter to clean the dryer vent prior to the dryer installation. He did that, but wanted to come out after installation to get a quick airflow reading. The reading was surprisingly low and he discovered the hose from the dryer was not properly installed. He properly installed the hose which was not an easy task due to the tight area for the W&D. He then verified the airflow which was around 3 times the original reading. Your Chimney Sweep is the only place we will go for chimney and dryer vent service. Not only is he personable, he personifies professionalism and has several professional certifications.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

06/20/2021

Denise K.

Very good company to work with. Very professional with scheduling, arrived on time, explained what they would be doing and very polite. Mr. Sauter showed me before and after pictures of the cleaning, also showed where there were gaps in between bricks within the chimney and what work would need to be done. Answered all my questions and explained costs and what to look for in the future. My invoice and pictures with details were sent to my email. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for professional workmanship.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

03/01/2021

SUSAN B.

Your Chimney Sweep was wonderful! They were prompt with a return text and scheduled in a timely manner. Most importantly, however, was their honesty. We had another chimney clean and inspection service company scheduled for a cleaning/inspection 3 weeks prior. That business, doing nothing more than looking up the chimney, said there was no point cleaning for our chimney needed a new cap and a liner and proceeded to give us a $7,000.00 estimate and charged $100.00 for a service call. Being consumer minded and cautious, we decided to get a second opinion before proceeding. Our neighbor recommended Your Chimney Sweep. Joe of Your Chimney Sweep said our chimney is fine, cleaned it thoroughly, providing before and after photos. We'll definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
Wood burning fireplace chimney cleaned

Category appliance repair, chimney sweep

09/11/2020

Mary W.

Mr. Sauter was able to close the damper. No repair necessary. He unclogged the vent cover and determined that was all that was needed. He was very friendly and professional. I'm very satisfied with today's service.

Description of Work
Fireplace damper open and I could not get closed. Dryer vent cover clogged with lint.

Category air duct cleaning, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

04/06/2020

Daryl D.

We were very pleased with all details of our chimney liner install.

Description of Work
We had an inspection and found evidence of a previous chimney fire. We then had a chimney liner installed. All work was done in a very professional manner with no problems encountered. All three installers were very nice and easy to talk with or ask questions.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/30/2020

Cyndi L.

I have used this company several times in the past for chimney inspection and cleaning at my investment properties and had always been satisfied with the service. Today I had a number of service trucks parked in my driveway when Joe arrived for our appointment. I was in the front of the house when he arrived and as he drove past slowly he shouted to me in an annoyed and nasty voice that he wanted to reschedule our appointment because he apparently could not pull in the driveway and would have to park along the side of the road in front of the house. I told him that would be fine. I really was surprised that if parking in front of the house on the was a problem he would have at least gotten out of his truck and discussed the issue with me in an adult, professional manner. There was no reason for him to yell threats from his truck as we could very well have worked out a solution. After a few minutes I saw that he did start to unload his truck since a space on the driveway was then vacant and without introducing himself, entered the house and started setting up for the job. His work was fine and seemed thorough but I was not please with the lack of professional attitude and rudeness that he displayed. There are several good chimney sweeps in the Indianapolis area and next time I will surely not choose this company.

Description of Work
Fireplace chimney checked and cleaned

Category chimney sweep

Upon arrival at the house, I was instructed to pull into the yard, which was wet and muddy. I did not wish to damage the lawn or get stuck in the mud. Parking in the [Member Information Removed] was not really viable as it is a busy thoroughfare. One of the contractors left, so I pulled into the driveway. When performing our service, many large pieces of equipment must be moved into the residence, so parking in mud is never a good idea, When scheduling a repair or service, homeowners should keep in mind that having several contractors working at the same time can create issues. Her service was completed to her satisfaction and no other issues were brought up, We will respect her wishes and remove her name from any future contact. We are sorry she was not pleased with our initial contact.

05/29/2019

ROBERT J.

We have been using this company for several years, and we have enjoyed consistently excellent, professional service. We have a large fireplace, and a chimney in a difficult-to-access location on a steeply pitched roof.

Description of Work
Chimney sweeping, yearly service

05/04/2019

James R.

Joe and his crew were outstanding! We had a chimney fire which required replacement of the fireplace insert, along with the flue, chase and cap. We had three different companies out and gave us estimates, but then I found Your Chimney Sweep and right from the start Joe took the time to explain options and the reasons to or not to do something, whether we had the work done through them or not. I liked that he was a former firefighter and was certified in all the chimney sweep certifications, including a Master CSIA Certification (not all the others were). Installation was on-time, professional and high quality, with a detailed report (with photos) also provided - Joe clearly knows and cares about his work. Oh, and his prices were around the same as the other companies that came out. Your Chimney Sweep is now my new go-to for all of my fireplace work. Thanks Joe!

Description of Work
Replace fireplace insert, flue, chase and cap after a chimney fire

04/14/2018

Steven G.

Joe arrived to install the damper cap I had requested. He looked at the situation, and explained that he could install the cap if I insisted, but he would recommend against it. He took time and patiently explained the physics of the conditions that caused the problem in the first place, and how installing the cap would make the problem worse. I appreciated his honesty, and the time he took to educate me how things worked. I just paid the trip charge, which I thought was money well spent for the knowledge imparted, and assurance it was the right decision for my situation. He saved me not only greater expense, but also the problems it would have caused me in the future. He really knows his stuff! Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Install a chimney top damper cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

10/13/2017

Jeff H.

Pricing was very fair and quality of work was very good.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning.

10/06/2017

Kim Alan L.

Everything went very well. Joe, the owner did the job himself, which I liked. Joe is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of a chimney. He explained everything step by step and answered all my questions (and I had a lot of questions). There is no doubt in my mind that I could trust him with fixing my fireplace and keeping my family safe. It ended up being a bigger job than expected due to the number of excess bricks that the home builder left behind in the chimney wall. He wasn't the cheapest and that was fine. I knew I was getting the best and that is what mattered most to me.

Description of Work
I had a new chimney liner installed and a new chimney crown installed

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

08/30/2017

JAMES & MARY R.

Extremely well. He is extremely careful about not getting anything dirty. He leaves the house just as clean as it was when he came in. He knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney. Removed creasote from chimney. Replaced mortar.

04/26/2017

JEFFREY & CATHERINE M.

Every 6 months like clock work, Joe Sauter Has been my technician every time. It went great, they are super. They come in a team of two, and have little industrial shoe covers they wear in the home. He said i'm his only customer that schedules 6 months in advance to have their dryer cleaned. They are awesome!

Description of Work
Dryer Vent, changed the Dryer Vent Transition to the outside. Dryer Exhaust Sweeping

02/28/2017

JULIE B.

My go-to company for fireplace, chimney, and duct cleaning. Always on time, professional, thorough, helpful, competitive prices. You can't go wrong.

Description of Work
Dryer vent duct cleaning.

03/03/2016

JULIE B.

We have a very long dryer vent run and need to have it cleaned regularly. We have used job to perform this service since we moved into this house 10 years ago. He has also inspected and cleaned the fireplace for us and replaced chimney caps. Joe is always professional, punctual, polite, explains his work, and is competitively priced. I don't even think about calling anyone else for this kind of work and I have regularly recommended Your Chimney Sweep to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

02/05/2016

Jeff J.

Joe and his help came out and was on time. Chimney was swept very thoroughly that could be seen with before and after picutures were very helpful to see the work that was done and the work that was needed to be done. Joe spent a lot of time answering are many questions about airflow, smelling smoke, quality of wood and tips to help prevent creosote buildup. This aspect added a lot of value to the overall service. Have had a couple chimney sweep services and are most satisfied with Your Chimney Sweep so far. Would highly recommend this service for the quality of work shown through pictures they provide and also there willingness to teach and explain many aspects of the wood burning process.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

02/08/2015

FREIDA T.

I had a new furnace put in. The furnace company stated I should get an evaluation hor a new chimney flu liner. That was performed and installed by Your Chimnet Sweep. They were excellent

Description of Work
Chimney liner

01/19/2015

Joe H.

Professional, courteous and thorough inspection. Clear explanation of the system in my new home. No cleaning necessary!

Description of Work
Inspected wood burning fireplace and chimney.

01/15/2015

Craig C.

The roofing company I hired to repair hail damage persuaded me to replace my chimney cap although it functioned well and was not part of my insurance claim. The cap they installed at my expense caused the chimney to malfunction, filling the house with smoke and I could no longer use the fireplace. I hired a chimney sweep company with high Angie's List ratings to inspect. That company told me I would have to replace the entire fireplace and chimney system at a cost of many thousands of dollars. I wanted a second opinion. O'Malia's fireplace shop in Carmel suggested Your Chimney Sweep. Joe came out on time as scheduled, inspected, diagnosed the problem, showed me photographs of the danage, made some calls to determine the availability of needed parts, and soon thereafter sent me a firm quote. After I settled with the roofing company, Joe came back and made the necessary repairs with manufacturer approved parts, saving me (the roofing company, actually) thousands of dollars! (Of course, I was still out the original charge for the unnecessary cap replacement.) I was very pleased by Joe's professionalism and business-like demeanor. I wish all home improvement providers were this good! I'm enjoying the fires on these cold evenings!

Description of Work
Repaired fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

12/24/2014

Steven G.

I had to schedule the appointment a few weeks ahead because this time of year is very busy for them. Joe arrived right on time, and set everything up for a chimney inspection. Then sent a camera up, took pictures, and gave a thorough explanation of the condition of my chimney liner (which had a couple cracks). Joe explained a number of options- depending on how much I thought I would be using the fireplace. He also gave me instruction on burning wood, making sure it was properly seasoned, and such. I appreciated the time he took, and the instruction he gave to a fireplace novice, such as myself. After the inspection, he sent me an email with the pictures taken during the inspection, and a few informational pieces. Joe was personable, thorough, and informative, and I would recommend his services to anyone who has need of chimney services.

Description of Work
Inspected the chimney.

11/07/2014

Tami-Rae E.

Provider showed up late. upon arrival he appeared as though he was disgruntled and unfriendly. I felt like our service call was a major inconvenience for him within about 5 seconds of his arrival... even before he had a chance to inspect anything. His response to questions were borderline surly. He inspected the non insert chimney and said nothing. He began to text on his personal mobile device, then he inspected the downstairs chimney insert... brought out some technical specs from the manufacturer of the stove which he called outdated and improperly installed. Then he stated we would need to buy a new unit and insert for him to do the work. We've had this unit serviced in the past without any issue. I cannot recommend this company unless your idea of a wonderful experience is a pressure sale on a new unit by a late and grumpy service person.

Description of Work
After a 2 month wait, this provider was scheduled to inspect and service 2 chimneys, one with an insert. Upon coming out the provider inspected the first fireplace and then the insert. Upon his inspection, he determined that our insert unit was not serviceable since his insurance would not allow any work that was not explicitly according to the manufacturer guidelines. In the past, we've had no issue with servicing nor mention of these details.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

October and November are the busiest months for our industry, although we strive to stay on schedule, we do provide specific times for our appointments rather than 2-4 hour windows. Yes, we were running behind schedule, at this particular appointment, approximately 15 minutes after our scheduled arrival time. Wood-burning stove inserts, (a stove that is placed into a fireplace), are required to have a positive connected liner, (an insulated liner connected to the stove and going the full distance of the chimney to the top), installed in the system. This stove, due to it's age, did not have this liner. Stoves are also required to meet clearances to combustibles per the manufacturer, (in this case - 36' to the sides, 23" inches to any trim above and 16" in front of the stove). This unit did not meet any of this criteria, in fact, the stove was installed less than 5" away from the carpet. The homeowner was informed of these REQUIRED clearances from the manufacturer of the unit. He was also informed that we would not assume liability for servicing this unit since the clearances from combustibles had not been met when the unit was installed. No high pressure sales pitch was given to the customer as it was clear from his demeanor that he was not interested in hearing that his stove was improperly installed. Although we regret that we received a negative report for informing this homeowner of the improper installation of his wood burning stove and subsequent inability to service the improperly installed unit, we do stand firmly in our position that we will not service a dangerous installation even under the threat of receiving a bad report on Angie's List.

10/27/2014

Linda L.

They were very nice. They did try to make an effort to do it but they don’t have the proper skills and Tools to do the work.

Description of Work
I used the services of Your Chimney Sweep. They came out a couple of times and they were not able to do the work. They did not charge me because they could not do it. They did give me any price because they realized they could not perform the work. They were supposed to do chimney repair.

Category chimney repair

We do not have any data for this customer name or address. Perhaps another company performed this service.

09/09/2014

Jeanne M.

The cleaning went along routinely, and when the replacements were discovered to be necessary, he proceeded to order them and reschedule a timely visit to install them. The catalyst had been replaced several times before but this was the first time in 12 years we had to replace its housing. Neither the manufacturer website or customer service dept had the official instructions available, and some of the stove parts were somewhat warped by continued high temperature use. The process ended up being quite a challenge but Joe showed me everything he did and eventually was able to successfully install both housing and catalyst. Though it took much longer than expected, he did not charge me extra for the additional time. As usual, for both the original cleaning and also the parts installation he put down tarps to prevent any soiling of carpets or floors. At the end of the job he vacuumed up any errant soot and carefully folded up the tarps before removing them. Joe and all their workers I have encountered over the past years are polite, professional, knowledgeable and neat. I highly recommend "Your Chimney Sweep" for all your chimney and wood stove needs!

Description of Work
Joe Sauter provided his usual professional service for our annual inspection and cleaning of our chimney and fireplace insert wood stove (approx $219). This year he also discovered replacement was needed for both the catalytic converter and also its housing (approx $800 additional).