Unlock Indy LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2012

Indianapolis, IN 46220

Unlock Indy is a full service affordable locksmith business specializing in auto/home and commercial situations....

10/14/2021

Sean R.

I found Kory through a Google search. I communicated via email, and had a response from him within 24 hours. When we communicated on the telephone, we realized that he worked in Indianapolis, but I lived in Fort Wayne Indiana. Although he was unable to help me himself, he reached out to colleagues in my city, provided me with advice on how to avoid scams, provided me with detailed information for locking recommendations, was professional, courteous, respectful, & went above and beyond what I would have expected from someone who did not make one dime from me.

Description of Work
I needed locks changed at my house.

06/26/2018

Ro K.

Corey owns his business, answers his phone, and gives an accurate arrival estimate. He's knowledgeable, fast, polite, and answers questions with good info.

Description of Work
Emergency lockout

04/11/2017

Charles S.

Service was fast, professional and fairly priced. I have used Unlock Indy before for an auto lockout, which went great as well.

Description of Work
Residential lock replacement. One lock needed to be fixed and a second was replaced.

02/05/2017

Stacey S.

He was able to come out that afternoon. This was the second time we've worked with him at our office and wouldn't hesitate to call him again if we need locks changed again for any reason. He's on time and very professional.

Description of Work
Contacted Kory at Unlock Indy around 9am on a Monday morning, because we needed the office doors rekeyed due to a set of keys being stolen.

04/24/2016

ROBYN P.

Unlock Indy came and looked at issues I have having with door locks, went to acquired parts and fixed both doors. Exactly what I needed!

Description of Work
Addressed issues with locks on front and back door.

03/07/2016

CAROLE F.

Called Unlock Indy when my key got stuck in the lock and would not come out. I was locked out of my house and late at night. I did have another way in so contacted Angie's List to find a locksmith as I did not want to leave my key in the door overnight. Technician Rick came within 20 minutes, dismantled the lock and retrieved my key. Rick works for Kory Jensen who owns Unlock Indy. Rick repaired the lock and I haven't had anymore problems.

Description of Work
Repaired lock on front door.

01/18/2016

jeff K.

Kory was super responsive and quick to get the car open when he arrived. Great price and out there busting it at 7:30 am on the coldest morning of the year.

Description of Work
Unlocked car

12/04/2015

Kenneth F.

Everything went great, he arrived at the time he said he would, and the service took no time at all. Painless experience

Description of Work
Unlocked the door of my car

10/23/2015

Bonita R.

Everything went BETTER THAN EXPECTED. I called several locksmiths before reaching UnlockINDY Even with my crazy schedule, the technician was flexible enough to schedule an odd hour appointment to complete my job. He did not mind answering questions. Well done......personable.....Rick is great and well versed on locks....professional. YES! I would use UNLOCK INDY again.

Description of Work
After purchasing a new home, locks had to be changed and / or rekeyed for several doors. The locks and door knobs were very old and outdated and the service technician had difficulty removing the old knobs.....however, he was not deterred. He worked with the knobs until the issue was resolved and did not charge me extra for the extra time and trouble. I so much appreciate his willingness to continue to work with the 'stick with the problem and work with the old locks until finished.

09/10/2015

Nicholas H.

I had searched Angie's List for a Locksmith to come over and rekey our newly bought house. I did try a few different companies, but none of them could get me in around a time/date that would work around my work schedule. I called Unlock Indy and Kory answered on a Saturday. He asked some questions about the types of locks we had, how they looked, how many we needed done, and a few other questions. Kory said he could be down that day to do the rekey. When he got there he was quick to get things done. He had a friend that came down with him to help as well. Kory sent his friend to get a couple of parts needed to complete the job. Kory stayed and kept working to get the locks changed and ready for when his friend got there. Kory was quick, efficient, friendly, and got us done almost immediately after the call. He was even cheaper than we thought it would be. I would suggest using him if you are looking for a locksmith. I would also use him again in the future. Thanks for the great job!

Description of Work
Provider changed locks in a house we recently bought.

07/03/2015

kelly B.

Korey was awesome - super speedy and super nice!

Description of Work
unlocked interior door

04/20/2015

Patricia C.

He was good and cheaper. He was there like within 20 minutes. He's great. He was very prompt and very professional. He didn't damage my car at all.

Description of Work
I used Unlock Indy. I left my keys in my car.

03/10/2015

Justine M.

While doesn't have the equipment to do what I need, he took the time to look up some information about my car and gave me advice on where to buy a fob and who to call to program it. While I didn't use his services, I will definitely call him in the future. He was so helpful - like talking to a brother who was looking out for me. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Called to see if Kory does auto key fob programming.

01/16/2015

Julie N.

Nighttime (8:30pm) I arrive home and my key spins in my deadbolt. No way to get into my house. Freezing temperatures, dark outside. I called Cory, he arrived in 10 minutes! (as he had stated he would). My deadbolt was 'dead', so Cory drilled it out (no small feat!) and then secured my house for the evening. Asked me exactly what type of replacement I wanted, told me he would arrive the next morning at 9am (after picking up the replacement deadbolt). He had to go to two locations to get the exact lock I requested and arrived promptly when he said he would and replaced the deadbolt. He was prompt, knowledgable, courteous and very professional. He advised me throughout about exactly what he was doing, what price he would charge, etc. He did all this for an exceptionally reasonable price. I would use his services again in a heartbeat if I needed to!

Description of Work
Two visits: First, to drill out defective deadbolt so I could get into my house. Second visit to replace the deadbolt with a new one.

01/05/2015

Marjorie S.

Our truck was accidentally locked with the keys in it, & it was running. At least it was in our own driveway. It was after 7pm & the temps in the low teens. Kory arrived with-in 20-25 minutes & he unlocked our truck within about 4-5 minutes. His fees are fair & we would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Unlocked our truck

11/08/2014

Gregory H.

Kory was very professional, responsive and communicated proactively...no surprises on either his arrival, what he was doing or what the cost (and options) would be.

Description of Work
opened my home office lock that had mechanically failed (key would not work); replaced the lock; rekeyed with original key

10/19/2014

Danielle S.

I originally called Unlock Indy to get a new key made for my car. My keys went missing while staying with some friends on Saturday night, so it was quite stressful to find myself stranded without keys on a Sunday. After waiting around all afternoon on another company I called, I decided to contact Unlock Indy. Kory responded to my call within minutes. He was unable to make a new key for me, as my key uses special technology and needs to be replaced by the dealership. But he contacted several other companies that would be able to replicate the key before advising me I would have to wait until Monday. Kory ended up coming out as soon as he finished up another job to unlock my car for me so thatI could grab some essential items to make my stay more comfortable. He was just as friendly as he was polite and efficient. Kory truly helped make a bad day a bit better with his excellent customer service and reasonable prices. I feel so lucky that I found Unlock Indy!

Description of Work
Kory unlocked my car when I lost my keys.

08/27/2014

Jenat H.

I didn't go with Cory only because we have AAA, otherwise I would have! Very responsive and affordable, as well as friendly. He's local and one of the few locksmiths open late (only one I found, actually).

Description of Work
Car Lock Out

08/11/2014

Sandra P.

Amazing! I locked myself out of the house and found Unlock Indy on Angie's List. Cory Jensen was here within 35 minutes and I was in my house about 5 minutes later. And it's not that it was an easy fix; he is just that good.

Description of Work
Locked myself out. Cory let me back in

08/04/2014

Elise T.

Everything went great. Unlock Indy was there when they said they would be there. This was a larger job than it first appeared to be. They worked late on a Friday night and were back early the next morning working until the job was finished. Being off-site, Unlock Indy kept me appraised of what was going on and even provided pictures so I could see what the issues were with the job. Will definitely use Unlock Indy again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Unlock Indy changed out 2 regular and 4 high security locks, re-keyed the new locks and made multiple sets of keys on a property we had just acquired.

02/19/2014

THOMAS B.

Our family friend had spent three hours in the cold trying to unlock her Camry after her keys were accidentally locked inside. Our friend finally gave up and called me, whereupon I immediately checked Angie's List for the most reliable and prompt locksmith for this situation. Unlock Indy stood out based on prior reviews and I called Cory. He had a GPS and promised to be there in 15 minutes. He was right on time, and in a few more minutes, had my friend's car unlocked. This is a testament to Unlock Indy and their unbelievably prompt service, and also to Angie's List (Cory mentioned that there are several scams in Indy that pop up on a Google search, but when you trust Angie's List, like I did, you get someone honest and capable like Cory).

Description of Work
Unlock Indy (Cory) unlocked our friend's Toyota Camry

02/05/2014

Cortney H.

I started my car to warm it up this morning and soon realized I had locked my only set of keys inside. We got about 9 inches of snow last night and I wasn't having any luck with other locksmiths in the area. They either didn't answer the phone, or told me they weren't going out in the snow. I called Kory and he showed up in less than 20 min. I was in my car and on my way to work in no time. This is especially remarkable because the roads were terrible! He was very prompt and courteous. I'll definitely call him again if I'm in need of a locksmith.

Description of Work
After I locked my keys in my car (while it was running) he saved the day!

02/03/2014

SUSAN H.

I needed three locks on the main doors rekeyed in a hurry. I went to Angie's List and read several locksmiths'evaluations and liked the name of the company and the reviews. I called Unlock Indy, left a message which was returned fairly quickly and made an appointment. He came on time and we discussed my options and associated costs. One door was my storm door which would require a different type of key/lock and cost quite a bit more. After realizing that it wasn't practical to rekey that lock as anyone could pop open the door fairly easily I decided not to have that work performed; he could have made a bit more $$ if I had the lock changed, but suggested that I not do it. I appreciate his honesty and ethics. He gave me a discount. I would recommend without hesitation.

01/12/2014

Gerald C.

Called Unlock Indy on a Sunday at Noon. They were at my home within an hour and a half. Needed to take lock assembly back to shop, which was about 15 minutes distance. Committed to return in an hour and a half. He return with the fixed lock within the time he promised. Kory was very professional and reasonably priced. Would use again.

Description of Work
Fixed broken exterior home lock.

10/29/2013

Drew A.

Kory was a lifesaver. A door that we never lock was accidentally locked and our dog sitter didn't have a key to that door. We were camping for a concert and didn't have a way to get back home. He came and unlocked the door and let the dog sitter inside. Day saved. He was available on short notice and was understanding of our situation. I would refer him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Kory unlocked our doors so that our dog sitter could enter our house while we were away.