Tys Automotive

Founded 1980 • With Angi since October 1998

5050 N Keystone Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46205

We, at Ty's Automotive, have been in business for over 48 years. We have the tools and the knowledge to service most import and domestic vehicles. Our ASE Certified mechanics deliver the quality and customer service you deserve and will never sell you a service or repair that is not needed. Call or email us anytime for your automotive needs. We are confident you will leave with an experience you can't help but brag about!...

05/01/2018

Andy H.

It went great. They were honest and up front about what I needed. Very quick and informative on communication. Definitely an asset in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
They checked an issue with my steering. Determined it was the tires needing replaced.

Category auto repair, car tires

thanks

10/09/2017

Kate B.

Courteous, professional and solved the problem at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Our car was powering off while being driven, so they checked the entire car and discovered we needed new spark plugs and replaced them.

Category auto repair, car inspections

thanks for the review

06/14/2017

KENT & VICKI L.

As always with Penn Shell, things went very well. I actually thought that I probably needed a complete brake job, but Keith let me know that the front brakes were still in good shape and that I only needed the rears to be replaced.

Description of Work
Rear brake job

Thanks for stopping in

06/09/2017

CAROL T.

fine-called when it was ready, no problems

Description of Work
oil change, check brakes, new rear shocks

thanks for the review

06/09/2017

CAROL T.

Fine- dropped it off at beginning of day, picked it up at the end. Not a real test of a mechanic, but hopefully I'll never need that.

Description of Work
routine maintenance on 7 year old PT Cruiser

Call anytime

03/24/2017

MELYSSA D.

It's always easy at Ty's shop. I took my Acura in without appointment about 8:30 am. Ty, the owner promptly called me a half hour later and said the back rotors were worn (could hear brakes scraping) and told me the cost. I asked him to check front pads and tell me when they'd need changed, since the back pads gave no warning and started scraping out of the blue. He called back to tell me the front pads were going to need changed soon and asked if I wanted him to do them then. He gave me my Angie's List discount and the car was ready for pick up after work.

Description of Work
Brake job, back pads and rotors, front pads

Category auto repair, car tires, car inspections

Thanks for coming in

03/14/2017

Brandon F.

They're very knowledgeable and resourceful, and, after doing my research, I always find out that they are not price-gauging or making up new things to do just to get an extra buck. I've come to realize I can trust them - both to do a thorough job and to treat me ethically and fairly as a customer. The price below is the two front brake job quote I was given (including the $25 discount I had paid them up front for an inspection - and before taxes, naturally).

Description of Work
I've had Ty, Daniel, and their crew do work on my tires primarily. They've patching leaks, replaced a flat, and installed two brand new tires for the winter, as well. I plan on having them do a front brake job later this week.

Category auto repair, car tires, car inspections

Thanks for coming in

07/25/2016

Tyler S.

Great. Ty was great about reaching out to me and letting me know when I could bring in my vehicle. Upon dropping off my vehicle he even suggested that I dine across the street and they'd off me a free drink. Overall the service was done in less than an hour time. I really appreciate how quickly they were able to complete the job. My A/C is now blowing out super cold air which I am very grateful for given the heat wave we've had as of late. Would recommend them to anyone in the area.

Description of Work
A/C tune up for '14 Nissan Altima.

Thanks for coming in!

06/15/2016

JUDY D.

June '15 - put in dye, ck'd for leaks, recharged July '15 - replaced condenser, recharged August '15 - checked for leaks, resealed, recharged September '15 - checked for leaks, resealed, recharged June '16 - Talked w/Ty (owner). Wanted it fixed, tired of bringing in and after charge evaporated, quit working. Resealed suction line and recharged. Ty said there was another leak, would repair at his cost. So far, it is still working. Have used them in the past, no problems. Feel the original problem may have not been found in the beginning. I realize my car has over 200,000 miles, but I have always taken care to keep maintenance up. I just wanted to know the problem and if it was fixable. After spending $500, I expected it to work properly, and not take 5 months of returning it each month for another problem. Ty was very nice and hopefully this will take care of the problem.

Description of Work
A/c not working. Problem, cost

Category

05/25/2016

Pat H.

This was excellent. It had been a year since the car was last serviced. We only had one full day turnaround between when my daughter returned from college and when she was to drive to Wyoming. We dropped the car off the night she returned, filling out a work order so he would know what we wanted done. Ty called the next morning to make sure he'd covered everything we wanted. He told us what the car needed done, which was minimal: oil change (we knew beforehand that it was overdue), new front tires (back ones had been replaced the previous year), and a new battery that could handle the cold in Wyoming. He was very professional, and I was thankful that he kept in mind the needs of the car and driver when suggesting the work. I would definitely use him again for service for my car. The neighborhood is a better place with his garage here.

Description of Work
Gave car a thorough check-up before a long drive. Gave oil change, replaced battery, replaced two tires.

Category auto repair, car tires

03/15/2016

Gary S.

Great! Repaired control arm & steering arm as well as wheel & tire. Always great service at a fair price!

Description of Work
Replaced steering & control arm on front of car. Refinished wheel.

Category auto repair

Thanks for the review!! Call anytime

03/01/2016

Elizabeth M.

They were able to do a job that Sears gave me a quote of $650 for $450. They are great mechanics with great prices. That's hard to find!

Description of Work
Replaced my radiator and upper and lower hoses

Category auto repair

Glad we could help. Thanks for the review

02/17/2016

Juli W.

I have been taking my car to this place for a couple of years now. I have had several expensive repairs done. I have an older vehicle with over 200,000 miles on it. I take my car to this place because it is a very convenient location and they have a very good rep in this neighborhood. However, I took my van here on Friday explaining the symptoms and left it for the day. I picked it up that afternoon, paid them $650 and went on my way. About 2 miles down the road, the same symptoms were occurring, only worse and my engine light came on. I immediately called and spoke with Kevin, who worked on my car and he told me "keep driving, it will work itself out". I did and it didn't. I took it back the next day, and left it again. They found the real problem and charged me another $175. I never got an apology for not fixing the problem the first time or an explanation as to why. I do believe that the manifold was bad, that it would've eventually needed replacing. But I'm not planning on keeping this van too much longer and I could've walked away on Friday with a bill of $175 that fixed the problem I took it in for. Instead I paid them over $800. I tried to say something when I picked it, but I am not confrontational and wasn't sure how to say it without being accusatory or rude. I'm very disappointed and will have to find another mechanic. UPDATE: Feb 18 After posting this review that originally had an F as overall rating, I received a phone call from the owner of the station. He wanted to know how he could make this right. What would it take to make me change my rating. He offered to refund the $175 that I was charged for the second repair, the one that actually fixed the problem, and I told him that I would appreciate it.

Description of Work
Replaced intake manifold gasket and spark plugs, then then fuel injector

02/09/2016

GREG B.

It always goes great! He always gets everything done the same day. And it pricing is always good.

Description of Work
They worked on two of my cars; one of which an old Volvo. They replaced a tire rod and replaced a tire on it. On my other car they replaced the heater blower.

Thanks fro the review [Member Name Removed]. Call anytime

12/01/2015

Eric O.

fantastic, they were quick, in constant contact, and made sure to update me along with the situation, and the job was significantly cheaper than what dealerships/european specialty shops were charging

Description of Work
did some brake and wheel work on my older mercedes

Thanks for coming in. Call anytime

11/22/2015

Linda M.

I delivered the car early Friday morning and was immediately met by Ty. We discussed the problem and he said they would call as soon as they knew the problem. A short time later the mechanic who was working on the car called me, advised me what the fix and temporary repair options. He also advise me of the approximate costs. It was nice that the actual guy doing the work made the phone call. No chance of miscommunication that way. I advised him to proceed with the repairs. Later that day they called to tell me the car was done and the price was lower than the original estimate. I will use them exclusively in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the air conditioning compressor

Category auto repair

Thank for the review. Call on us anytime.

10/27/2015

April M.

As always, Ty and Keith were very helpful and provided great customer service.

Description of Work
I brought in a car I was test driving to have them check it out before I decided if I wanted to purchase it.

Category auto repair

Thanks for coming in. Good luck with your new car!!

10/14/2015

J AARON M.

Ty got us in the same day even though they were busy. Our Chrysler minivan had warning lights on and the brakes sounded like metal on metal. Ty quickly diagnosed the problem, checked to see if there were any other issues with the warning lights, fixed the front brakes and had our van done the same day. Very quick and professional.

Description of Work
Diagnosed brake issues, checked for light warnings

Thank You !!

09/26/2015

MUSTAFA H.

Took my car in at 9 am for a brake change and was told they would try to fit it in that same day. I received a call at ~2pm that my car was ready to go. Very friendly and professional service.

Description of Work
Rear brake pad, rotor and sensor replacement

Thanks for coming in!!

07/17/2015

Cheri C.

Excellent! Dropped my car off first thing in the morning & spoke to them about needing 4 new tires for an upcoming road trip. Told him my price range & he said no problem. They were able to get the tires on that day & were very competitive with other Big Box tire stores in the area. I would much prefer to keep my business with people I can trust - have been bringing our cars to Ty for 8 years and will definitely continue. Always does & great job - priced competitively, communicative and quick! Thanks so much!

Description of Work
4 new tires

Thanks for coming in. Enjoy your vacation! Ty

07/07/2015

Gary S.

Ty and his guys are great. Fixed my stepson's SUV quickly and cost-effectively.

Description of Work
Repaired brakes, oil change.

Thanks for the review!

07/07/2015

DAVID R.

They're convenient. They're also competent and trustworthy. They're very good value. I have been going there for 10 years.

Description of Work
They replaced the battery.

Category auto repair

Thanks for coming in. Call on us anytime

07/02/2015

ANN M.

Super job, quick and efficient.

Description of Work
Minor repair

Thanks for coming in.

07/01/2015

GREG B.

He did charge me for anything, good business man.

Description of Work
He drove the car, explained there wasn't anything wrong with it.

Thanks for the review

06/18/2015

Nathan B.

My car was shaking quite a bit when braking. A fellow coworker suggested I take it to Ty at the Shell on Pennsylvania to have it checked out. I called and was able to drop off my car after work and fill out a work order even though the shop was closed. I received a call the following morning from the mechanic. He let me know that my brake pads were fine, but the rotors needed to be replaced. He indicated that they could replace my rotors, but use the existing brake pads to save cost. The car was finished that afternoon and I was able to pick up the car after work. This is a great shop for people who work during the day. As I said above, you can drop the car off and pick it up any time before 9 p.m. This was extremely convenient. I was very happy with the communication, the quickness of the repair, and the very reasonable cost. I will absolutely be using them for future repairs and passing the recommendation along to my friends and family...

Description of Work
Replace two front rotors.

Thanks for coming in. Call anytime

Arlington Auto Center, Joe's Battery & Import

We have been serving Indianapolis motorists for over 40 years. We are proud to announce our recent move to a much larger and more professional facility to better serve our customers and provide more services. We also provide fleet/commercial discounts and we are very experienced in extended warranty repairs. Come see us grow and receive even better service! 5 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service fees apply. DBA: import station.

All Star Tire & Auto Service

All Star Tire & Auto Service Company is a family owned tire and auto / truck maintenance and repair business located at the same address, 534 North Capitol Avenue, in downtown Indianapolis since 1940. We are an Affiliated Dealer of the Bridgestone-Firestone Company. Our primary tire lines are Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion, Primewell, Dayton and Lemans. We are also a Michelin tire dealer. Additionally, we sell Uniroyal , BFGoodrich , Goodyear, Hankook, National, Kelly, Dunlop, Carlisle, Continental, General, Kumho, Nexan, Pirelli, Super Cargo and most other original equipment and private label brands of passenger and light truck tires for cars, trucks, RVs, SUVs, CUVs, HYBRIDs, carts, mowers, wheelbarrows, and industrial pneumatic tire applications. Our specialty is the sale and service of high performance tires for European and Asian imports and all domestic automotive applications. We use the latest state of the art equipment and techniques to install and/or repair your new or e xisting tires and check your alignment, chassis and braking systems.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transportation
    Auto Glass
    Auto Towing
    Yes - 10% off of Labor

Automotive & light truck repair, maintenance & car detailing.

Major body repairs.