Stavros Lawn Service

Founded 1985 • With Angi since August 2001

2104 Production Dr

Indianapolis, IN 46241

19 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Additional Contact - Steve. Award winning....

lawn care (298)lawn & landscaping (192)mulch delivering (88)lawn treatment (47)hardscaping (42)tree service (38)leaf removal (33)gutter cleaning (20)drain pipe installation (13)snow removal (9)stone & gravel (8)hauling (7)

06/21/2022

Jane K.

Steve Stravos is the best, reliable and top rate. His crew is polite and talented. I have used his service for over 15 years and will continue to do so. I give Stavros my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Shrubs trimmed,edging, mulching clean up

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

08/02/2021

Michael R.

We hired them late last year and they were amazing! Looking to hire them again for same reason.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

04/26/2021

LINDA G H.

If I could go back to when I first became a homeowner and could get a handbook with the best providers I'd trust and like, Steve would be in it.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

01/22/2021

LINDA G H.

Steve Stavros is a good guy ~ who makes our yard sparkle.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

10/16/2020

Michael R.

Did a nice job. The person who came out to do the work, I enjoyed the conversation with him and He is a very nice fellow.

Description of Work
Aeration and reseeding.

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

09/27/2020

GARY K.

Project went well. Kathy got me a written estimate right away with options. Spent $140 to have lawn aerated. They notified me 48 hours in advance as I requested before the service and the person arrived Friday morning was very polite and easy to talk to. Followed my requests to do only certain sections of my lawn (no to the dog area). I hope to do more busy with them in the future.

Description of Work
LAWN CORE AERATION

Category lawn service, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

09/26/2020

Stephen O.

We had a "trouble" yard - had a tree removed in our front yard and a large area in our backyard that would not grow grass despite our best efforts. Had Steve and the Stavros team come out. They placed a straw mat with new soil and their patented fescue seed. We had new a thick lawn in about 3 weeks. Work was timely and Steve is very professional. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Problems growing grass

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

09/18/2020

Andrew S.

I cannot say enough about Steve and his team over at Stavros. Not only is their pricing fair, but their work is impeccable. Further, they were on time, professional, extremely organized, and spent quite a bit of time cleaning up afterwards. Steve's team did a large backyard overhaul for us, and we couldn't be happier with the results. Not only will we be looking to use them again in the future, but we will be recommending them to all of our friends and family.

Description of Work
Backyard overhaul

Category excavators, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

09/01/2020

LINDA G H.

Repeat customer. Once again, they went above and beyond. Beautiful, creative landscaping.

Description of Work
Tilling existing bedding areas and installing Planters mix (topsoil, brown topsoil, sand and compost) to improve our clay soil in bedding areas; edge sidewalks and driveway; cut low limbs off trees and remove debris; and weed driveway and sidewalk cracks, bedding areas, around perimeter of home, trees and fence; .

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

06/10/2020

jim C.

Fantastic! Steve arrived with an army around 1030A and were done by 5P. The reorganized garden delighted my wife and the tomato plants are in the ground. We have new lawn in place of our old second flower garden disaster. The cleanup was amazing. Thorough and spotless. Well worth the money. They are truly knowledgeable professionals.

Description of Work
Cleaning out two small gardens and replanting from one to another, small tree removal, hedge trimming on 3 sides of the house, weeding, trimming overgrowth on treeline behind house, mulching one garden, adding dirt to another and covering with straw w/grass seed,

Category landscaping, tree service, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

04/24/2020

STEVEN & MICHELE G.

Solid construction work, professional and quickly and efficiently completed work

Description of Work
rebuild retaining wall , walkway and landscape area on steep slope to lake area

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, lakefront landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

03/06/2020

ERIC C.

Great. The crew arrived on time and completed the work as represented. I will use this company again.

Description of Work
Spring yard and garden bed cleanup. Applied pre-emergent herbicide . Also install 10 yds of mulch.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Cost $1,281.54

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

02/04/2020

MARVA M.

It was good... They did their job and arrive on time. Very Please

Description of Work
Landscape

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/04/2019

09/21/2019

Gary E.

Prompt response to request for quote. Responded to required timeline. Made a clean sweep of the property, on time, as proposed. Hard to judge cost, no comparative experience or estimates.

Description of Work
Clear brush, grass and weed overgrowth, over about 1/4 acre; significant debris to clear and haul.

Category hauling services, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

07/22/2019

LINDA G H.

Wanted to wait until they were done to look and am glad I did. My first thought? "Wow!" They went above and beyond my expectations. Love their creativity, attention to detail and professionalism.

Description of Work
Landscaping, mulch, edging, trimming, weeding and tree stump mulch removal

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

04/24/2019

Missy W.

Great, they did an excellent job and our yard has never looked better.

Description of Work
They raked and removed all the leaves from our yard, cleaned up all beds and put down mulch.

Category landscaping, leaf removal, mulch

Cost $1,198.99

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

12/03/2018

DARLENE D.

Excellent job. Able to come out quickly.

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

11/16/2018

BENNETT L.

number listed (765-530-5976) is not valid

Description of Work
snow removal from residence

Category lawn service, snow removal

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

09/11/2018

TRACEY S.

My flower beds had gotten out of hand. They were covered in weeds and the shrubs were so overgrown, you couldn’t get to my front door. I contacted Stavros and they promptly got an estimate to me. While I was in Tennessee attending to my mother’s estate, they came in and cleaned everything up. It’s like I live in a new house. Everything is neat and tidy. Beautifully mulched. My phone contacts with them have been pleasant and professional. In fact, I would describe the whole operation with that word - Professional.

Description of Work
Weeding, trimming, mulching

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/31/2018

Penny W.

Did a great job of clearing out my very full downspouts. Only problem was my invisible dog fence did not work after they finished. I went into my garage to find that the power source was making this loud beeping sound. I guess they did not see the sign on my mailbox post indicating that an invisible fence lined the yard. Lesson learned was, "Tell anyone who works in your yard that there is an invisible buried below the surface." IT is not covered in the 811 utility line searches.

Description of Work
Downspouts were cleaned

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

05/30/2018

PAM & BILL S.

Stavros has performed mowing services for my property for @ ten years and has always done an excellent job. We then started having them do fall leave pickup and cleanup, and spring time weeding, mulching and preparation of the beds - again, all excellent work, to the extent that neighbors cam and commented how wonderful things looked and who did the work! Recently we had them do some tree trimming, remove some evergreens planted by another company that had died, and plant new bushes, roses and shrubs. They took the time to raise the beds to a level that gave our plants a chance to thrive, and again, all the work was exceptionally well done. Finally, after years of trying to control my weeds and fertilize myself - the lawn looked really terrible! Three weeks after Stavros took over, my lawn looks GREAT - I was amazed! Stavros is not cheap, but I fell like I get what I pay for and more. As you may guess, I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, tree service, snow removal

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

10/31/2017

KEN & JUNE S.

It went great!!! The trimming, shaping, and clean up was exceptional. I would definitely refer them to my family, and friends.

Description of Work
All bushes, tall grasses, and shrubs trimmed around house, and down on the island by the lake behind our house, and cleaned up, and hauled away.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

09/11/2017

Charisse S.

Family ended up helping with the job so we did not end up hiring anyone.

Description of Work
Had a quote for landscape cleanup prior to listing our home, price a little higher than we were hoping to pay, but somewhat reasonable. He was quick to respond, punctual and professional. Got the quote back I. 24 hrs.