SPEEDWAY BODY SHOP INC

Founded 1972 • With Angi since July 2003

2534 W 16TH ST

Indianapolis, IN 46222

20 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR WINDSHIELD INSULATION. CHARGES A FLAT RATE. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: BHUGHES@SPEEDWAYBODYSHOP.COM...

10/30/2020

Robert S.

Excellent. They did all the work, the car looks like new and even cleaned the floormats and interior as well as wash the car. Very professional, explaining what needed to be done and kept me up to date with progress reports.

Description of Work
Replace rear bumper and underside parts and lights, repair damage to liftgate, repaint and replace broken parts.

Category auto body repair, car accessories

01/23/2018

LORI H.

Excellent repair with prompt service.

Description of Work
Minor repair on our Ford Edge

12/11/2017

Aaron W.

Speedway Body Shop was amazing. They reattached my bumper and it looks fantastic. Best part, they were able to do the work for under $200. I was blown away. The staff did a great job of explaining what they had done and why they did. Would definitely use again if I rip my bumper off of future vehicles.

Description of Work
I tore off the front bumper of my 02' Acura while parking, while the bumper came off there was no major damage to the structure of the parts. Worried I'd be paying $800-1000 for a new bumper/paint/labor, I asked if they could reattach the existing since it's an older car.

09/14/2017

BRIER K.

They gave us an estimate, quickly. They were able to schedule my car in for repair in a timely fashion. They did great work.

Description of Work
They repaired damage to my car and painting.

09/01/2017

Sarra T.

The price was a little high. I was quoted for an hour and half worth of work and it took a half hour and they didn't lower the price.It wasn't' outrageous but paying labor for more hours than what was needed. I only came in contact with two people.

Description of Work
They replaced my side mirror. I tore it off backing out of garage.

Category auto repair

08/28/2017

DAVID D.

One of the best businesses of ANY kind I have ever dealt with.

Description of Work
Body repair and painting.

08/14/2017

PHIL B.

All went well. We did have to return later to have them install an item that needed to be ordered.

Description of Work
Repair and refinish fender on auto.

04/13/2017

Linda S.

They accommodated my request and provided a low cost option where they tacked in the old bumper and you can hardly notice the damage. If I went to Bmw bodyshop it would've probably cost $2-3000 but they got me out of there for hundreds of dollars. They don't require an appointment -,you can just drop in and they come out and look at your car immediately. From the time of me dropping in for a quotes to receiving my finished car was 24 hours. Is a very cool shop and decorated with memorabilia from the 50s with a great lobby and a wonderful receptionist.

Description of Work
I snagged my bumper on some rocks backing out of my driveway. It did a bit of damage but mostly pull the bumper off. It's a BMW and I love the car but it's eight years old so I didn't want to spend a a ton of money with a brand-new bumper.

03/08/2017

EUGENE J.

Very well. Small delay due to wrong part being sent. Had to return to fix a loose wire connection.

Description of Work
Repair of dent under rear door.

02/08/2017

marilyn C.

They are always honest, price competitive reliable and always call if there is something unexpected or not foreseen.

Description of Work
They are our go to body shop and have been customers both personally professionally (business). These guys are great.

Category auto body repair

Thank you for the compliment! We appreciate your business!!

01/30/2017

Jennifer D.

The employees at Speedway body shop were professional, punctual, and did an excellent job on my car. I felt like I was picking up a new car.

Description of Work
Body and paint work after an accident

Category auto body repair, auto painting, auto repair

01/13/2017

DAVE S.

Excellent. The work was done on time and very professionally.

Description of Work
Daughters car hood was damaged and needed replacement.

11/14/2016

JEFF S.

I've been very pleased with this shop. Everyone is very professional and the work is outstanding.

Description of Work
I've had several repairs done at the Speedway Body Shop.

09/14/2016

PATRICIA M.

They did a beautiful job, and I liked the way they worked with me. All of the 2-3 people I dealt with were very cordial, and they were right on time with their estimate. I really liked this service. I would recommend them to others!

Description of Work
They performed the body work on my 2004 Crown Victoria after an accident. Luckily, insurance covered all of the cost but my deductible.

05/05/2016

KRISTEN O.

Our insurance company actaully pointed us to Speedway Body Shop as the adjuster stated that they have had suceessful and responsive interactions with them. Car was in an accident that broke the front left A-frame and left it undriveable. Air bag deployed which I found out was a very expensive expense in and of itself. After our insurance contacted them and Speedway had the car towed to their shop. We went to Speedway to discuss reparis and options. Everyone from receptionist to ownership were friendly, approachable, and receptive to answering our questions. Our service manager also went to bat for us by requesting and getting new parts (Car is a 2014) to fix the interior parts which are normally not covered under insurance. Paint was matched perfectly which was not easy as our car has a Tricolor coat and is very difficult to match. Speedway kept us informed every week (took 5 weeks to fix) and even paid for extra days on our rental car when we were scheduled to return it but the repairs took longer than anticipated. For an honest shop that does oustanding work pick Speedway Body Shop.

Description of Work
Autobody work. Repalced and repaired front left suspension, steering column, pulled and filled dents, and repainted where necessary

03/05/2016

JOE C.

I am a previous customer of Speedway Body Shop and based on my prior experience with them saw no reason to go anywhere else. The estimate was quick and easy and the car was finished on time as promised. The results were excellent. They have been in business a long time and their good relationship with the insurer (American Family) simplified the process for me. No headaches. I would not hesitate to use Speedway again.

Description of Work
Replaced rear bumper on a 2000 Altima.

01/25/2016

Steve P.

This was the 1st. time that I have been in an accident and I was not familiar with the process of working with insurance companies, etc. I knew that after my accident that I should get some estimates and have those available once I called the insurance company. I called 3 of the top service providers in my area that were on Angie's List and I instantly knew that I was going to take my vehicle to them to complete the repairs. They were very kind, professional, and courteous. I went to the shop to get an estimate for the repairs. I was greeted like a valued customer would be greeted. I only had to wait a few minutes and I was greeted by Ben the owner. He looked over the vehicle for me and asked me questions about what happened so that he could get a good idea of what possible damage might of happened that is not visible. We then went inside and Ben told me all about the procedure for working with the insurance company etc. For the most part they took care of everything for me. They worked with the insurance company, had a rental car ready for me, and also Ben personally called me every few days to update me on exactly what was happening. I really appreciate this company because I was expecting a lot of hassle on my part in dealing with this accident and they made the process simple and seamless for me! I really appreciate a good value and Great Customer Service and that's rare these days. Throughout my entire experience with this company I can tell that they have a culture of Top Quality Service on all levels of their business. I would highly recommend this company for any body work that you need done. Also I want to add that there office and waiting area is Amazing! You have to visit this shop to see what I am talking about! Thank you so much for making this experience great for me!

Description of Work
Repaired my vehicle that was in a wreck

10/05/2015

Cindy S.

Great customer service. Job done on time. Car looks great. Made sure EVERYTHING was done properly as more damage was found once they started working on the car. Worked out everything with insurance company and made sure it was right. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Description of Work
Repaired entire driver side of car from back tire to front wheel.

06/13/2015

Colleen B.

They did a great job. Given age of car, did not want to spend a fortune, and these guys were fabulous. Found a used part, and when it came in, the paint finish essentially matched the car, though had a small 'ding'. Bruce called to say they could repaint and repair the ding, or just buff it out and save $500...I kept the ding. It also saved 2-3 days in the shop, which was helpful. The original estimate came in slightly higher than one other highly rated body shop, and ended up choosing them because of location and the saturday hours. Glad I did. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Repaired a crumpled trunk on a 2006 Honda Civic.

11/12/2014

Jeffrey R. K.

My experience at Speedway Body Shop was beyond expectation. First, the facility is immaculate; it looks as clean as an operating theater. You can tell that the management and employees take pride in their workplace. The offices are like a museum, full of restored 20th century antiques, many with an automotive theme, like gas pumps and oil containers. Ben took the time to walk me around under the lift on a detailed tour of the car's undercarriage. As we examined the car with a flashlight, he explained what he was looking for and how it looked like the dealer had performed the work properly. He also pointed out that there were no signs of structural damage or efforts to straighten the unibody. Unrelated to the body work, he found a badly worn tire that the dealer will have to address. Ben's considerable expertise was obvious and appreciated. Once our business was concluded, he surprised me by kindly asking if my three sons and I would like to see some more antiques. After an enthusiastic response, Ben took us to another building to see vintage Coke and candy dispensers, a restored 1958 jukebox, four classic cars (a Ford Mustang, an Olds 98, and two Ford coupes from the late 40s/early 50s) and many other fascinating curios. To top it off, once we got back to the office, Ben charged me almost half the going rate for a car inspection. Whether it's for deep knowledge of auto body work or the collection and restoration of vintage Americana, Ben Hughes and Speedway Body Shop get my highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Ben Hughes performed a visual inspection of a used car I just purchased to verify that the dealer had been truthful about body work they had done.

10/10/2014

BRUCE G.

A hit-and-run driver nailed our 2010 Honda Civic in parking lot, leaving a large dent and paint scrape on the front quarter panel, located right above tire. Required repair and repainting of this panel, including blending of paint on other body panels/parts. Speedway Body Shop completed repairs in about 1.5 weeks, which I figure is about right, considering they had to order a part. The quality of repair was excellent, blending of paint with adjacent panels was also flawless and they did such a nice job polishing up my car for pickup, for a second there, I had thought they had refinished the entire vehicle. We have been taking our vehicles to Speedway Body Shop for over 25 years and never been disappointed. I don't mess around with multiple estimates anymore, because I found they were competitive in price with other shops and I can always trust the quality of the work. They also include a 100% satisfaction guarantee on the work (for as long as you own the car), but I've never had to bring anything back. One additional note, this most recent visit to Speedway Body Shop follows a visit earlier this year for hail damage repair to the same vehicle; don't recall the cost of that repair because insurance paid for most of it (sans deductible), but again their paint-less dent repair was excellent. This almost 5 year-old car, with 105K miles on it, still looks like new.

Description of Work
Front quarter panel repair and repaint (blending)

Category auto body repair, auto painting, auto repair

08/25/2014

DAN M.

These guys were quick to turn around an estimate. They worked with my insurance company. They worked with the car rental place just down the street to get me a car to drive while they were making the repairs. They were done the day they estimated they were going to be done. The car now looks as good as new, and everything was seems to have been done correctly.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate and repaired hail damage on my 2010 Lexus IS250C.

06/11/2014

Michael T.

Rocker panel scraped some years ago when I had to swerve to miss a car coming at me; windshield cracked some weeks ago. Went to them from good referrals from Angie's List, plus a favorable experience by my brother. I have to say, I think I'd rate these guys as among the best Angie's List vendors I've ever used, which is saying a lot. Bruce very cordial, patiently walked me through all my options, and provided what I thought was a very fair estimate. Workmanship of the replacement panel and windshield repair was excellent. They also have your car washed nice and shiny for you when you pick it up. They estimated that I could pick my car up in only three days, & were able to meet that deadline (though I think the norm for them is about a week). All in all, a very good experience. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
replaced damaged rocker panel, cracked windshield

03/25/2014

Linda C.

They were very straightforward, honest with me, and did a good job. I felt safe going there as a single woman. I have actually used them twice and had good experiences with them both times. They did a good job working with my insurance company. They even recommend a car rental company too.

Description of Work
I was in an accident and they had to fix the area of the car between the front bumper and passenger door. It was just above the tire.

02/25/2014

Scott S.

The best thing about this Company is that they are very professional and care about their customers. There was something that went wrong with the repair, but the Company was quick to resolve the issue and make it right. They are honest and pricing is fair. I would recommend to a friend.

Description of Work
Tire rotation and fixing the car after being in an accident.

All Star Tire & Auto Service

All Star Tire & Auto Service Company is a family owned tire and auto / truck maintenance and repair business located at the same address, 534 North Capitol Avenue, in downtown Indianapolis since 1940. We are an Affiliated Dealer of the Bridgestone-Firestone Company. Our primary tire lines are Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion, Primewell, Dayton and Lemans. We are also a Michelin tire dealer. Additionally, we sell Uniroyal , BFGoodrich , Goodyear, Hankook, National, Kelly, Dunlop, Carlisle, Continental, General, Kumho, Nexan, Pirelli, Super Cargo and most other original equipment and private label brands of passenger and light truck tires for cars, trucks, RVs, SUVs, CUVs, HYBRIDs, carts, mowers, wheelbarrows, and industrial pneumatic tire applications. Our specialty is the sale and service of high performance tires for European and Asian imports and all domestic automotive applications. We use the latest state of the art equipment and techniques to install and/or repair your new or e xisting tires and check your alignment, chassis and braking systems.

Arlington Auto Center, Joe's Battery & Import

We have been serving Indianapolis motorists for over 40 years. We are proud to announce our recent move to a much larger and more professional facility to better serve our customers and provide more services. We also provide fleet/commercial discounts and we are very experienced in extended warranty repairs. Come see us grow and receive even better service! 5 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service fees apply. DBA: import station.

Romans Quality Touch

Over 100 years combined experience we have the tools to get the job done right! Call today for your estimate!

Auto Body Work
    Auto Painting
    Auto Service
    Auto Accessories
    Ask for details.

AUTO COLLISION REPAIR, AUTO GLASS REPLACEMENT, PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR FOR HAIL DAMAGE VEHICLES. LIGHT MECHANICAL REPAIRS, WHEEL ALIGNMENT. SUSPENSION REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT