Sherman Moving & Storage Company Inc

US Department of Transportation Motor Carriers
01/01/2099

990 National Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46227

Indiana's premier mover since 1932. The Sherman family has been owned and operated Sherman Moving & Storage for almost 4 generations in the Indianapolis area. Why is Sherman Moving the best mover in Indianapolis? Because we take great pride in providing top notch moving services. We work on over 1000 Indianapolis moving jobs every year. We do not use temporary help or part time people. All of our employees are full time workers. All employees are must pass a criminal background check. All employees are subject to drug testing. Our employees do not smoke on the job. All our workers are professional movers that care about you and your possession. No subs. Charges by the hour....

movers (965)storage unit (52)piano movers (38)

06/23/2022

Patricia A H.

I hired the absolute worst company I could have possibly found when I hired Sherman's. I've used movers in the past from other companies, never had a problem. This was the worst experience of my life. They clearly did NOT listen nor honor any instructions whatsoever. I asked them to mark the contents on the boxes. I had a broken ankle that required surgery to fix it. I was not able to pack my items nor help much at all, which was why I paid to have it done. I gave instructions for unloading and they clearly didn't care. Bathroom items being packed with kitchen and or food items...I was left with boxes of food out in a barn, and items from exterior closets in my new living area. I have a wooden stand with wicker drawers that they beat up ridiculously. I can't even find my DJ equipment, Bose sound system nor my main laptops to even apply for work. A $14k sewing machine that they didn't even put the cover on and packed the cord separately, still not found. A destop computer with power cord plugged into it and monitor sitting right next to it, haven't found the power cord nor the monitor. I could keep going, this is unreal. Intentional bs? I paid nearly $4k for this move....for this? Really? I've never been treated so horrendous from a moving company. It was clearly because of their lead guy, Brandon's attitude, who was the rudest person I've ever met and so full himself. He was the only one that cursed in my home that day. ....unless they treat everyone like this? I emailed the company, they refunded me a whole $200 for a $4k move from h***. What a slap in the face. I would never recommend using Sherman's.

Description of Work
They packed and moved me

Cost $3,765.55

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

12/02/2020

Ian A.

They were extremely prompt/ service

Description of Work
Moving Service

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

11/05/2020

Louise H.

They were excellent in packing and moving us. When I was unsure of what I wanted to do, they gave suggestions that always ended up being right. Of the 14 moves we have had in the past, they were by far the best. Even their price was reasonable for the service they gave. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They moved us from Greenwood IN to Hudsonville MI. They also moved a piano as well.

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 07/05/2015

10/03/2020

Patricia C.

It went great. Very professional and the guys worked very hard with a great attitude. The trucks (2) were very clean and every single box arrived in good shape. My beds were put together so I could sleep there on the first night etc.

Description of Work
Moved 250 miles away...house full of very nice furniture.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thank You!

07/02/2020

Jennifer M.

They moved a 3,000 sq-ft home for a great price

Description of Work
Moving contents of large home to storage

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

04/24/2020

Tami M.

Absolutely awesome! We could not have chosen a better provider! There wasn't anything they weren't willing to assist with. We were concerned about being able to get enough packing supplies with so many businesses being closed due to COVID19. We were also concerned we would not be able to pack a 1,200 square foot apartment and 2 single car garages of household goods, personal property and tools and be ready to load the trucks in 15 days. They made what seemed like an "overwhelming and impossible" task quite simple. They were always available to assist and answer any questions we had - even help with those outside of their area of responsibility. The entire process and costs were laid out from the beginning and everything was right on target - no surprises! Every single employee (regardless of what their role was in the company - including the owner) treated us and our property with the upmost respect and always had our best interest in mind. The entire staff of Sherman Moving are truly amazing people who went above and beyond to remove the worries and burden of moving from our shoulders and carry it on their own!!!

Description of Work
We needed to pack and move from Indiana to Iowa in a 15 day time span during COVID19 shutdown.

Category moving companies,storage units

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

01/01/2020

JoAnne M.

It ended up being an icy day which made the move more challenging but the men were responsive to what was needed for a safe, hazard free move.

Description of Work
Piano move

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

10/21/2019

Kyle B.

The job went great. They were able to move everything between the two houses in a single day, with minimal effort by me.

Description of Work
Moved a four bedroom house

Work Completed On 11/16/2019

07/26/2019

Diane W.

Kevin, Mike and Devon were the young men who performed the moving. They were extremely careful and placed the furniture exactly where I asked them. Nothing was damaged in any way. They were careful because I had new carpeting and paint. They wore shoe covers and were very professional!!!

Description of Work
Moved major furnishings from one home to another.

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

07/11/2019

Pamela P.

This is the first time I have used professional movers. I selected Sherman Moving because of their high rating and great reviews on Angie's List. I was not disappointed. They took great care with my belongings and worked diligently. They were friendly and professional all at the same time. They gave me the Angie's list discount even though I was unable to print it from the website. The office person did fail to advise me that the discount was only good for the 1st 3 hours so I was a little disappointed with that. But am happy with the overall move. The office called prior to the move to confirm. The guys showed up on time and although it was a long day, they worked efficiently and did not waste time trying to prolong it as I have heard that other companies do. When we got to the storage unit, they packed it well and there is even room to put more things if I need to. They charged what they quoted me and their prices were in line with other movers that I had explored. At the end of the move, I was missing 2 of the 3 glass shelves to my curio cabinet that we had put in storage. Jason sent me somewhere to have the 2 shelves cut at their expense and it was handled promptly. Overall, I am WELL PLEASED with the move and with Sherman and have been recommending them to my friends. When the time comes that I am ready to move back into a place of my own, I will be calling Sherman Moving to do my move. Thank you Jason, Robbie and Scott!!

Description of Work
Due to illness, I recently moved in with my brother. I moved a large portion of my household things to a storage unit and some things to my brother's house.

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

Local moving, Long Distance moving, Commercial moving, Climate controlled storage, and Packing Services

Machinery over 500 lbs in weight.