Service Plus Heating Cooling Plumbing

Founded 2002 • With Angi since October 2004

Hello, and welcome to Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing! We are a family-owned and operated air conditioning, furnace, plumbing and drain repair and installation company, and I would love for our team to have the opportunity to serve you! We take pride in offering the best customer service, the most technically trained service professionals and the friendliest team. No one loves helping you like we do, and it shows!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+22 more images

HVAC Companies (2701)plumbers (1829)drain cleaning (568)water heaters (302)sewer cleaning (259)air duct cleaning (131)well & water pump repair (74)water softeners (70)drain pipe installation (61)appliance repair (45)electrician (40)gas leak repair (22)

06/21/2022

mike S.

Called this company to assess my air conditioning unit. Was told I needed a new unit at the cost of $6,000. Got a second opinion from another company and unit was fixed for $300. Service plus trying to upsell new units that are not needed.

Description of Work
As unit was not working

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], Please know that we take your review very seriously and we would really like the opportunity to look into this and speak with you further. Please call us at your convenience. 317-495-9980

04/14/2022

Andrew S.

Both experiences were fantastic. Grant was extremely personable and helpful during our AC tune up (gave me tips on how to upkeep and maintain the life on the unit). Dave was very knowledgeable around our plumbing, explained how to handle hard water, and gave me detailed insight into our system and what would cause future problems. He gave many options around how to deal with hard water. Not once did it seem like I was being pressured in a sales pitch. I signed up for the annual plan and look forward to working with those two gentlemen again.

Description of Work
AC Tune Up, Water Heater drain, Plumbing inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 04/14/2022

Thank you for the 5-star rating and your review! We truly appreciate it. We’re thrilled we were able to give you the great service you deserve. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

03/30/2022

Marc R.

When the pro arrived, it didn't take very long for them to diagnose the issue and arrive at a solution. While they were unable to be certain as to the cause, their fix should help in stopping future drainage into my basement. I'm glad to have the issue resolved and am happy with the service I received.

Description of Work
Water was flowing into my basement and I needed to have a pipe capped

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

[Member Name Removed], your confidence and trust mean everything to us! Thanks for the great review!

03/17/2022

KEN & KATY C.

Always excellent, had minor repair which was covered by my warranty. Money wisely spent on parts and labor warranty.

Description of Work
Maintence bi annual on furnace and AC

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for your awesome rating and review. I'm glad we earned your business and we'll be here whenever you need us again.

08/18/2021

Nick P.

I worked with Brian. Brian was professional, on time, and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Inspect and repair a water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

Thank you very much for your feedback and the 5 stars, [Member Name Removed]! We are thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your service and the work Brian did for you. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call!

07/30/2021

Barbara M.

The coomunication is good. They are always on time.

Description of Work
airconditioning service

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

Your review is so awesome, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the kind words and for making us your go-to provider!

07/30/2021

Barbara M.

The communication is good. They are always on time.

Description of Work
airconditioning service

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We always love to hear how our technicians are doing. Glad you had a great visit and we look forward to working with you in the future.

05/18/2021

Sheryl A.

Terry did a great job ... and it was difficult and in very close quarters. I asked for and was given several different warranty options so I could decide what would work best for me financially. I chose the full package with a 12 yr tank & parts warranty, along with the service plan. Terry also installed a round plastic pan underneath the heater to make it easier for me to see if there was a leak; the heater is in a very dark and difficult closet area on second floor above another property, so this will help in the future to prevent damage to the property below me.

Description of Work
Electric Water Heater Replacement

Category dog trainers, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

Wonderful! We are so glad you were given options that work for you and your home. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience!

01/11/2021

Sal S.

Like clockwork they got it working and got us back on track. Really professional and reliable service. I had an issue on Sunday and reached out on Angie's List late at night. They contacted me the next day and quickly scheduled a pro to come out and take a look. It only took them a few minutes to assess the issue and provide a fix. They were able to clear the clog and get the kitchen sink flowing again. The pro also provided some helpful tips to keep it working for a long time so that we don't have any more issues.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink clogged

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Wonderful! Our techs know the importance of arriving on time, solving the issue, and keeping you informed. We’re so pleased this was your experience. Thank you for the awesome grade and for your great feedback!

11/23/2020

Matthew R.

Most affordable and best equipment hands down!!! I got 6 quotes on a 3.5 ton and matching furnace. The Rheem 2 stage furnace and 16 seer ac I’m getting was less expensive than what others wanted to charge for a 1 stage furnace and 13 seer system!!! Also got a 4 inch filter which half the guys I talked to didn’t mention. One of the other company’s when I asked about a 4 inch filter told me that came with a more expensive furnace. Call these guys before you buy. PS I may have heard (not from this company) that these guys actually did the work on “Angie’s” house here in Indy ;)

Description of Work
New AC and furnace

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

Review for Service Plus Heating Cooling Plumbing - 7520 E 88th Pl, Indianapolis, IN - 39042681

Thank you for your wonderful rating and testimonial! Customer satisfaction means everything to us, and we are thrilled that we have earned your business and trust. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call!

10/30/2020

Rick O.

They did a great job! They were out the next day and the night when they did that, they send someone out to do the job.

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Thank you so much for the A rating and your review! We truly appreciate it. Please give us a call if we can be of further assistance!

10/16/2020

Sal S.

They are great. Had an issue with pipes leaking in the basement just after dinner time. I quickly jumped on Angie's List and found Service Plus, who I contacted and they scheduled a pro to come out first thing in the morning. They arrived early and were very professional and friendly. They wore masks and had covers on their shoes. He looked at the issue and said he would send out a person who can take care of it. Another pro arrived shortly and he was able to isolate the blockage and relieve it with a snake. They brought out another pro with a camera just to make sure they got everything and found another issue, which I was happy to know about. These guys were really great and knew what they are doing. They saved me a lot of money and time by getting the root of the problem and having the tools and knowledge to resolve it. I would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
I had some pipes leaky in the basement and they came out, find out the problem, and fixed it right away.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Super! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and your business. It really means a lot to our whole team. Stay safe and please reach out if there’s anything else we can assist with.

10/13/2020

Gay B.

Great! They were on time, completed the work, cleaned up after themselves and were very professional. The office staff was very pleasant to work with. I would totally hired this company again.

Description of Work
Replaced three toilets & two faucets.

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing the positive experience you had. It really means a lot to the technician and to the team. I’ll be sure to pass your kind words on and thank you so much. We appreciate your business!!!

10/03/2020

Preston H.

Spent ~$4,000 to have Service Plus replace water heater (that was about due) and a water softener that had gone bad. Positive - they were able to come and "complete" the work in one day. Unfortunately, they didn't do much correctly, which led to the air gap pipe (that they installed incorrectly per their own employee) unloading water in the basement. In addition, a couple days after they repaired that issue, I noticed more water was accumulating in the basement because the PEX pipe they installed on the water softener was too small and cracked at the softener and yet again leaked in the basement creating more water damage. After several frustrating calls, they said they would send Midwest Restoration (they never did) out to the house and assess the water damage and their plumbing manager (Mark Fite) would reach out and stop by the house. Mark never stopped by, but texted and emailed to let me know that the issues were not his problem because they were existing problems. He recommended I call the owner - Chris Cunningham - to discuss it further. I tried to call Chris several times and left messages with the offices, but never received any calls back. It was by far one of the worst contracting experiences - poor quality work, terrible customer service, and basic dishonesty across the board. I would highly recommend considering other options because this can't be a one-off situation.

Description of Work
Water Heater and Water Softener Replacement

Category water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

Review for Service Plus Heating Cooling Plumbing - 7520 E 88th Pl, Indianapolis, IN - 38920602

Hello, Please know that we take your review very seriously and we would really like the opportunity to look into this and speak with you further. Please call us at your convenience. 317-495-9980

06/19/2020

Donita C.

AC is fixed and repairman was courteous and efficient!

Description of Work
AC repair and filters changed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

Hey there, friend! Thanks so much for the review and the A rating! I'm so happy we were able to take care of your AC problem quickly! Thanks for choosing Service Plus - we appreciate you!

06/17/2020

Heaven J.

Service technician Michael Newmeyer performed service and he invaded my and my family’s privacy. Customer service was horrible. Will never allow them in my property again!!!! BEWARE

Description of Work
Ac service

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

05/24/2020

Julie M.

Very good. Technician was on time, knowledgeable and professional

Description of Work
Drain clog

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Hello we really appreciate your review. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. We are so happy Nicholas got you all taken care of. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any other HVAC or plumbing needs that come up. Your Service Plus Team

05/09/2020

Rich C.

I contacted Service Plus about a clogged drainage pipe in my yard. They responded promptly and came out and diagnosed the issue at no charge. They also recommended that I contact both my homeowner's association and the county to see if either of those entities might actually be responsible for footing the bill to repair the pipe. Turns out that the pipe is owned by the county and the county is going to completely handle the issue. I can't say enough about how helpful and honest the Service Plus reps were about this issue.

Description of Work
Clogged yard drainage pipe

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Good Afternoon, Thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave one & for your kind words. We are so fortunate to have Technician's Like Tim & Ronnie working for us. We appreciate your business. Your Service Plus Team

02/25/2020

VERNITA P.

Derryck Taylor was very professional.

Description of Work
Installed new water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

02/03/2020

DONALD F.

It didn't. I had a leak spring up that required shutting off main into house ... no water for me! I have used Service Plus in the past with good results. Since Service Plus states they have 24 hour service, I gave them a call. Can't show up until tomorrow. I found another company that will do the work tonight. Disappointed for sure.

Description of Work
Emergency plumbing repair

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Hey there, I'm so sorry to hear about us not being able to come out until the next morning. Our 24 hour spots are limited since we don't have full staffing for emergency service. Please feel free to call our office if you'd like to discuss this further!

12/16/2019

Raquel D.

This is the worse experience I have had with any company using technician/contractor. I requested to have a furnace tuneup/maintenance because bill is high. They sent over Joe W. After I told him my bill was high he first looked at the thermostat. He rewired the thermostat without first looking at the unit which blew a fuse on the transformer. I had him speak with the tech that did the thermostat install earlier this year to give context and he got into an argument with him over the phone. He got upset dropped what he was doing and said he would send someone else out to finish his job. I said wait what is the deal, you have not done your job. He left the thermostat dismantled and the transformer fuse blown and NO HEAT in 32 degree weather. I asked him to stay and at least put it back the way he found it, but he refused. I told him it was very unprofessional to leave it this way and he shut the door in my face. I am currently without heat which was not the case before he came. My husband and myself have called the office several times, but keep getting the run around that management has been informed and someone will call me to take care of it, but have not been contacted yet.

Description of Work
Furnace Maintenance

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

Hey there, friend. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but I see from your account we were able to get another technician right out to take care of this issue for you. Please feel free to call our office if you'd like to discuss this further.

11/28/2019

David P.

It took them 4 attempts to schedule reconnection of my ac unit. The quoted cost is 50% higher than the industry average for 3 hours of labor to complete the job.

Description of Work
Due to foundation work needing done, ac unit had to be disconnected and reconnected after completing work