ProTECHt Home Security

Founded 2012 • With Angi since December 2011

Serving Multiple States

Indianapolis, IN 46236

ProTECHt is your local family owned security service provider. We offer the smartest security features plus 10X faster response time then other companies. Get a theft protection guarantee, Smash and Crash technology, Free life time warranty. We offer 100% cellular service, Smartphone app, Wireless Systems, System take overs, Home Automation, Indoor/outdoor and video doorbell cameras, Fire-CO2, Flood/Freeze and Medical. Lowest prices and cutting edge technology to help insure your family's safety Give us a call or send us a message and see why we are considered the top rated security experts!...

11/25/2019

Courtney O.

Protecht was great to work with. Communication was top notch. Theo was efficient when installing the new system and through when explaining how to use it. We will recommend to friends and family! THANK YOU!

Description of Work
Install Alarm System

03/31/2019

Timothy P.

They did a great job; it works very well. They were friendly and prompt. The wiring is expertly hidden from view. Very professional. My wife and I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installed and hardwired four surveillance cameras and one doorbell camera.

11/21/2018

Julie F.

Very well. A better system for less money.

Description of Work
New home alarm system to replace one previously installed by another company.

10/24/2018

Alexander B.

Theo was professional and punctual. The install was a breeze, everything is working wonderful. He installed interior and exterior cameras, automated garage sensor, home security, front door locks and the doorbell camera. Wonderful system.

Description of Work
Brinks Home Security

Category home security systems, home automation

10/01/2018

Tim S.

It went very well! Granted we did have a hiccup with the thermostat and doorbell not being shipped from the manufacture on time, but that is not something that can be held against them! I went from a system from Comcast to this system that was installed by ProTECHt using Brinks monitoring and the Alarm.com app. For me it was a hundred times better than Comcast. As I moved from Brownsburg to Avon that Comcast does not have service in. Instead of motion sensors, Theo had me go with glass breaks since I have medium and large sized dogs. The glass breaks are better as I can arm the system while the dogs have full run of the house while I am gone. There is something that the Alarm.com program has which is a GEO-Fence. I register my phone with the program and it will send me alerts that I setup if I forgot to close the garage door, set the alarm or lock the front door!. I got $1500 worth of equipment installed and I pay $60 a month for monitoring, notifications, and storage. What I like is everything is ran through the Alarm.com app on my phone. IF I need to make minor changes I do it from my phone. IF I need to setup new schedules, add things I need to login to my account via the web. The other great thing about ProTECHt is they listen to what it is you need, or what you want to do. Then advise what is best, they do not try to sell you something you will not need or will not use!

Description of Work
Alarm system and home automation

Category home security systems, security windows, home automation

02/10/2018

David C.

Called Protecht to come out and install 4 dome cameras and setup an HD recorder box. The first time they were suppose to come, they called me and said their other job ran and late and would have to come the next day (in the morning). They came out that morning and gave me a quote. Would not hire this company again. I waited about a week then moved forward with them. When they finally came to do the install, they came out but didn't have the equipment, just ran the wires. They stated they didn't have the unlock code to their supplier's building so it was another delay. They told me they would come back out in a day or two and finish. Four days passed and I finally got a message they would come by at 5pm which I said was fine. They ended up showing up 45 minutes late and didn't start the work till around 6pm. One guy handled the IT configuration while the other guy (Theo) did the install. About 1 hour into the work, the IT guy said he needed to leave as his birthday is tomorrow and he can't hang around to finish. Theo kept working but since his IT hand wasn't available, he was telling me I would have to help him do the rest, calling me to pick up the phone and tell him if the cameras we setup properly etc. This was an inconvience as well as it was after 7:30pm and I was trying to put my little ones to bed. He kept working till 8:30pm and asking my help to complete the job. When I asked him how to get the cameras to record, I got a response "I'm not as familiar with this software," and could tell he was ready to leave. I ended up getting a friend to help me finalize the configuration. Final feedback- 1 - Things worked out but wasn't a smooth process and not very professional. 2 - Protecht is a company that just subs out all the work to local contractors, they aren't even a real brand of what you are getting. 3 - Attention to detail was lacking a lot (didn't walk customer through the configuration, asking customer to help because IT guy left, didn't clean up when they left).

Description of Work
4 Dome Cameras + HD Recorder Installed

Category home security systems

Thanks for the feedback...sorry that the experience with Protecht was not to your satisfaction. We strive to make sure all our customers are happy with our services. I would like to take the time to explain our side as well in hopes that other members see both sides of the story. The day this member contacted Protecht he was told that we would try to make it out the same day but our tech was already pretty booked. We told the member that we would let him know if the tech would be able to get out there that evening or first thing in the morning. We contacted the member mid day and explained to him the tech would have to come out the next morning. He was ok with that and seemed to be understanding. Tech arrived the next day and did the walk through with the member then we forwarded his estimate to him right away. About a week later he contacted Theo via phone and asked if we could come out that weekend to install the cameras. We scheduled him for that Saturday. When Saturday arrived we had bad weather and rain so we contacted the member and told him due to the weather we would have to re-schedule. So we offered to come out on Sunday which is the only day our techs have off. Sunday the tech headed to the customers home but had to first stop and pick up the cameras from our local supplier. When tech arrived at the suppliers, which is closed Saturday and Sunday we had a code to enter the building but the supplier had given us the wrong one so we could not access the building. The tech (Corey) not Theo still went to the members home and installed all the wiring and explained to the member the issue with not being able to access the cameras. The member was a bit upset at that time as he was hoping we would be able to complete the job that day. He had a doorbell camera that was not installed so we offered to install it for FREE due to the issue that Protecht had no control over. Corey completed the installation of the wiring and him and the member discussed a time to come back to put the cameras in. We had the member on our schedule for Thursday after 5pm for completion. We where not aware that the member was expecting us back out within a day or two and never received any calls from the member prior to us contacting member on Thursday confirming our appointment. The tech (Corey) arrived and completed the installation of the cameras. Completing the installation of the cameras and NVR and setting up the customers app to view live and recorded video. Theo contacted the member after completion and member stated everything was working besides the date was off by one day. Theo offered to assist with fixing that issue in the set up of the NVR and member never responded. Our tech Corey is not a sub he has worked with Protecht for over 3 years and we have received great reviews and feedback from other members on his work and professionalize. I would only think that it was getting late and the tech was trying to expedite everything so he would not be there any longer than needed. Again we are sorry that the experience with Protecht was not an A rating and we have tried to do everything in power with the member to satisfy him!

01/16/2018

jim S.

Went well. Theo fully explained what I could and could not control because my garage is over 50' from home station. Everything worked as expected.

Description of Work
Revamp security system adding remote control to garage door.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! Glad we where able to upgrade your current system to get you the automation you wanted.

01/08/2018

Andrea Q.

They are super friendly and the price was good, but the equipment is just okay. We've had a lot of issues with our second keypad syncing to the main unit.

Description of Work
We had a home security system installed.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! We are aware of the issue with the 2nd keypads and have been able to fix the issue.

01/02/2018

Ann D.

Couldn’t have gone better. Very happy with my choice, the responsiveness and availability of ProTech. Amazing customer service. Mono alarm system is exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Took over existing alarm system, added additional features, and advised on best features to add

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! Happy that we created another happy customer!

11/20/2017

James H.

As it should have. Done fast, done professionally. We were satisfied with the installation and have been satisfied with the service over the past 3 years

Description of Work
Installed their home protection system

Category home security systems, medical alert systems

We strive on fast and efficient service!

Kendall T.

The installation was done quickly with no issues.

Description of Work
They installed a home security system, including door sensors, glass breakage sensors, and smoke alarm sensor. We chose not to have motion detectors because of pets roaming the house at night and my wife and I roaming the house at times during the night.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review and we have been happy having you as a customer!

Robert E.

Everything went well. Theo was professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Installed home alarm service.

Thanks for the review!

Kathryn M.

We have used ProTECHt in our last 2 homes and are very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Alarm system installed

Category home security systems

Thanks for the great review and being a loyal customer with Protecht!

11/13/2017

Peter W.

No issues Great job installing a GE wireless cellular alarm system

Description of Work
Install home alarm system in a new home

Category home security systems

Thanks we always love creating happy customers!

10/31/2017

Sara D.

Wonderful! Everything was smooth! They were terrific to work with!

Description of Work
Home Security System in several locations. Primary home, Lake home, Daughters home.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the great review! We had been happy to service our alarm for you!

09/15/2017

DENA F.

I had a great experience. I was tired of dealing with the lack of customer service from Digital Life and found ProTECHt on Angie's List. I'm so glad I did. He was prompt in returning my call. Was upfront with all costs right over the phone. Accommodated my schedule for the install. His installer was great. Everything runs as I had hoped. I can set up programs the way I like, track activity, etc. the alarm.com app and site give me all the automation features I want. Very happy. And even happier to be able to dump Digital Life for good! Thanks Theo and Daniel!

Description of Work
Home security and automation

Category home security systems, home automation

Thanks for the great review! It was a pleasure working with you!

08/21/2017

Stephen S.

the alarm system was installed promptly. It has worked well so far.

Description of Work
Installed alarm system

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! We are only happy if our customers are happy!

08/04/2017

Carol H.

We were very pleased with their performance. There wasn't any question. We would certainly use them again. They were very professional and knowledgeable. They seemed to know what they were doing. They were very well qualified. They talked about positioning cameras in different areas and why. They came when they said they were going to come. They were courteous and cleaned up after themselves when they were done drilling and positioning cameras and fixing them. I would highly recommend them. My experience was very good.

Description of Work
Installed a security system.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the great review and we are glad our service is working great for you!

07/14/2017

Vincent C.

They were okay. I am currently using their services.

Description of Work
They provided home security with cameras.

Thanks for the review!

07/13/2017

Andrea Q.

They are very friendly and responsive, but we've had some issues with the equipment. The portable key pad doesn't work often because it's too far away from the main portal. It's minor but sometimes frustrating.

Description of Work
We used ProTECHt Home Security to install a home security system years ago.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! We where aware of the portable keypad issue and have since upgraded the keypad and have resolved the issue.

06/09/2017

Susan S.

Theo responded to my request immediately with a phone call. We set an appointment for the next week. When Theo arrived, he assessed the wiring and sensors that were in the house. Then he explained how the system would work, that he could integrate the smoke alarms as well, and could install it two days later. He was far and above more comprehensive with his review and explanations than the other two security companies that I met with. He replaced the motion detector, one of the sensors, and even installed a NEST thermostat at no extra charge, allowing me to integrate the climate control into the Alarm app. He was AWESOME.

Description of Work
I just recently purchased a home, and needed a security system.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! We are glad you another happy customer with us!

06/05/2017

Leslie O.

Great! Theo was on time, had proper equipment, got the job done effectively.

Description of Work
Security system installed.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the review! We strive on arriving on time and being prepared to complete the job on the 1st visit!

04/04/2017

Keith W.

Most of it was done by one single technician. During the camera install, there was an second one. The work took a good eight hours. The workers were great.

Description of Work
They installed my current alarm system. We go security cameras installed as well.

Category home security systems

Thank you for choosing ProTECHt Home Security for your security needs.

04/01/2017

Bruce S.

If I could give him 12 stars, I would. He was in Indianapolis. He was in Columbus two hours later and worked 6 hours to make sure we was safe. There is not enough good things to say about his company. He is passionate about his work. He doesn't do it because he has to, the passion just shows.

Description of Work
Install new security system after somebody tried to break into my house during dinner.

Category home security systems

Thank you for choosing ProTECHt for your security needs.

02/23/2017

Nancy M.

Problems with one piece of equipment working properly. Theo was very helpful and installed a different piece of equipment that worked. The system was priced right and the monthly payment is affordable. Theo is always available and patient to answer questions after installation. Very pleased with ProTECHt and Theo. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for choosing ProTECHt for your security needs. We strive on Customer Satisfaction.

Secure Plus

Secure Plus is a locally owned and operated ADT Authorized dealer. We specialize in residential and small business security solutions. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Secure Plus on Angi
    Indiana Alarm

Indiana Alarm has been a locally owned and operated company for over a decade. Our customers are our family and we strive to provide every single one of them with the highest quality of service and equipment that is available. Although, we are locally owned and operated we provide the most up to date knowledge on new cutting edge technology in the industry. We make it our mission to provide our customers with the most current product information on the market. Our prices and customer service rival that of any of the "big named" security companies in the market today. When you call for a service call or simply have a question about your system, you are calling a local number within Indiana. Our security and automation equipment is manufactured by the top names in the industry today and our monitoring station is based and operated within the United States. We offer free home visits for estimates with a "no pressure" presentation that leaves you available to evaluate your options on your own time.

Technology Interiors

Visit our beautiful showroom with the only true Dolby Atmos 11.1 System in Central Indiana. Displaying 4K , Dolby Atmos, 160" Screen Innovations Black Diamond, Paradigm Prestige 95F Speakers, and amazing surround sound. We stock Sonos Playbar, Sonos Connect, Nest Thermostat, Ring Doorbell, HDMI's, Savant Remotes, Universal Remotes, Harmony Remotes. Elan Automation on display with Intercom, Alexa Voice Control, Lighting Control, Camera Systems, Alarm Systems, Outdoor Landscape Audio. HOME THEATER SEATING with 2 week Delivery! We partner with CMH to complete your dream basement - over 10,000 Theaters Installed! We are the largest projector dealer in the state. Fabrication level technicians - most have been here over 10 Years! Commercial Installations and Conference Rooms, Churches, Gyms, Office Audio Systems. Rated Best Theaters in Indy!

Home Healthcare - Medical Alert Systems
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Security, Automation, Video, Fire, Medical, Smart Phone Apps, & Alarm Response.

Window bars, Lock Smith Service, Fire Sprinkler Systems and Installation of equipment that we did not supply.