PC Computer Guy

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2008

Owner operated. Free tech Tips via PcComputerGuy Website as well as WIBC and WTHR Interviews. In business 14 years providing high quality service at very competitive rates for all things tech, computer repairs, Voice over IP Phone systems, building a relationship with our clients. Residential &

computer repair (215)home theater installation (1)

09/09/2021

Tom L.

Zach, my service provider, was wonderful. He got back to me the day after I called, and arrived right on time the day of the appointment, letting me know when he was on the way. He spent three hours, and was very knowledgeable. He knew about or looked for work-arounds when there were obstacles, and I felt very comfortable with his abilities. Pleasant, personable, and patient, he was a joy to have on my side! We also had a couple of remote sessions to finish up some issues I noticed as I started using the computer. Once again, he was right on time when he called, knowledgeable, and effective. I was very pleased, and glad to have found Zach. I plan to have some additional work on another computer project, and will not hesitate to contact him again.

Description of Work
Install new desktop computer and transfer programs from old computer to new computer.

Category camera repair

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

09/08/2021

Stan O.

Description of Work
It is not hyperbole to say that we cannot say enough about the outstanding service/knowledge level and professionalism of the good people at PC Computer Guy…particularly Zach. After suffering through yet another abysmal AT&T “upgrade” experience – after which we could not print from either computer or our iPads/phones – Zach set a convenient appointment with us, identified the problems caused by AT&T, and put us back into proper working order. Well done, and thank you, Zach! Based upon this experience alone, we will absolutely call upon Zach in the future, AND recommend him to our friends and colleagues.

Category camera repair, office equipment repair, computer repair, internet service

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

03/19/2021

Xzr R.

We were not able to retrieve the missing pictures, however, all the back-ups and checks were done to ensure that this never occurred again.

Description of Work
Pictures were missing from my computer, Back-Ups

Category camera repair

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

12/31/2020

MARY T.

In late November the hard drive on my Dell desk top failed. Dell tech support advised due to its age that the pc was not cover for technical service and should be replaced. In reviewing Angie’s List for providers I found PC Guy. I called and left a message asking for a follow up. Nick called back shortly thereafter and offered to look at the pc. He said I could drop it off that evening if I desired. As his shop was only 15 minutes away I took it over. A day or two later Nick called to provide an update on the disc recovery. Initial steps were not successful but he would be doing a deeper dive while also working on other assignments. A couple of days later Nick called to advise he was able to recover the data and update various older components in the pc and add some enhancements to the software programs. I picked up the pc later that day. Once home I fired it up and, as Nick promised, it runs faster than ever. He also added a couple of search engine options ( Brave and Firefox ) that he feels are helpful in addition the Chrome and Windows. Lastly he conferenced in the next morning to further explain what he did and walk me through the enhancements.

Description of Work
Recover data from a failed pc hard drive

Category camera repair, computer repair

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

11/04/2020

Dan K.

Nick was outstanding. Very customer service orientated. Highly knowledgeable. Went over and above in both problem investigation and solution implementation. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repaired a frozen computer

Category camera repair, computer repair

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

10/04/2020

Glen F.

Nick is the best! I've yet to present an issue that he didn't easily and readily know how to fix. It was a life saver that he was able to retrieve a bunch of emails I deleted. This company always does solid work; highly recommend!

Description of Work
deleted email retrieval

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! That was very kind of you to take the time to write that. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years. I try to run the business with the philosophy of: "Do good and others will do good by you." Hopefully you won't need us for a while, but anytime you do - we've got you covered! Thanks again!

09/03/2020

Paula C.

Very professional and friendly service. Great result.

Description of Work
Complete restoration of computer after major crash and damage by another tech

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/25/2020

MARK AND GABRIELE H.

Nick connected remotely but could not resolve the problem without physically working on it. I brought the computer to him and he stayed with it for 2 days, resolving some difficult issues. The fee for his services was very reasonable, certainly less than what I expected to pay. Nick has been solving our computer problems for several years and I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
A Windows update caused a flurry of popups which I couldn't get rid of.

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/25/2020

IKE and Annalee W.

GREAT! 3 technicians had already spent a total of 8 hours UNsuccessfully attempting to resolve the problem. Nick detected and resolved the problem in less than an hour and just charged for the partial hour. AMAZING!!!! My husband and I will surely use him again. Annalee Williams

Description of Work
Getting keyboard & mouse to work with my computer again. They still worked on my husband's computer, but even a brand new keyboard & mouse wouldn't work on my computer.

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

06/03/2020

Ellen H.

PcComputer Guy is simply the best service provider that I have ever encountered. I have used them exclusively for several years because no matter what the problem is, I've never been able to stump them. The first time I used them the tech team where I worked had given up on solving my problem, but Nick had it figured out in less than 10 minutes. The level of expertise and professionalism is stellar, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
My computer was slow and there were several updates that needed to be done.

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

03/05/2020

JoAnn M.

Great. Zach was very helpful. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Securing of PC after scammers accessed system.

Work Completed On 03/08/2020

02/19/2020

Charles T.

Excellent. We moved to a new apartment and Comcast could not get my computer connection working. Nick told me the router was the problem so I exchanged it and Nick set everything up perfectly. He is extremely fast and very efficient. I have worked with Nick for several years and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Set up PC in new apartment and work around Comcast problems.

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

02/09/2020

Sheila S.

I had an excellent working with the PC Guy. He is very knowlegeable, does his work efficiently and is very pleasant. I would highly recommend using him. I will be doing so in the future.

Description of Work
Help with updating software.

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure speaking with you and helping you with your email. If you need anything in the future, we will be here to assist! Thanks again!

02/09/2020

Susan Z.

It went perfectly, as it always has with this company. Soon after we called, Nick was able to do the upgrade remotely. He called us when he had finished and we paid over the phone. It was just that simple! We have recommended them to other people, and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. We have found them to be simply the best.

Description of Work
We needed our computer upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

01/28/2020

Ron A.

Nick was a highly competent tech. Educated us and also fixed our problems at a very fair price.

Description of Work
Printer and computer assistance.

Category office equipment repair, computer repair, computer training, internet service

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

01/20/2020

Chris E.

It was done remotely. It was done efficiently, and very successfully.

Description of Work
Windows 10 upgrade

Work Completed On 01/20/2020

01/20/2020

stan S.

We have used PC Computer Guy for at least 12 years. We have always been very pleased by the solutions for our issues. They have gone above and beyond - many times - in their service for us. They even called us Christmas Eve after we left a message we had an issue. We were just hoping to get "on the list" a day or two after Christmas, but they took care of it remotely then and there! Exceptional service by exceptional people! They have kept our old PC running like a top by replacing outdated hard drive and network cards. Much less money than purchasing a new PC. They are hardworking, honest, trustworthy, and reliable. Highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
Computer repair/Network and hard drive issues

Category computer repair, internet service

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

11/29/2019

JIM C.

The repair went well. The computer is working fine.

Description of Work
Screen Repair

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

04/17/2019

Melisa C.

Zack was amazing. He has a great demeanor - knowledgeable and winsome. He came out to my house within one day of calling. He was both proficient and efficient, wasting no time, yet chatting pleasantly with me the whole time. He found the cause of and killed an extremely annoying "chirping" sound that randomly plagued my laptop. Then he tackled the organizational and maintenance items on my list: checking for viruses; syncing my laptop and iphone passwords, bookmarks, etc; installing anti-virus software; and getting rid of unused/unneccesary/duplicative software and apps. He also installed (at my request) an app which allows me to contact him to access my laptop remotely in case I have future issues so that any future problems can be fixed even more quickly and without the $20 trip charge. Zack was here for 2 hours and 15 minutes, for $173 (incl $20 trip fee). This $68/hour rate was much cheaper than competitors. I cannot more highly recommend Zack and the company.

Description of Work
Fixed problem on laptop, then organized my system, installing software as needed.

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

10/14/2018

Charles T.

Excellent! Nick has been helping me with IT support for a few years. He usually helps me by logging into my computer remotely and that works real well. However, he needed to come to my office to replace the solid state drive (SSD) due to my computer needing more storage space. He also installed two printers while he was here. He helped me substantially with security of my data. I highly recommend Nick for any computer related needs. He has worked on my wife's laptop and my desk top and we have always been very pleased with his work. He really knows computers.

Description of Work
Replaced SSD with a much larger capacity SSD

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

06/25/2018

Martin W.

Nick was very helpful. explained things we had never really understood. Had a problem with the Comcast modem and he came back and got it all working again. They are very responsive.

Description of Work
network backup, wifi optimization, data/pix from old computer

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

01/12/2018

Kathi S.

Very well. The office called to let me know that Nick was available sooner that the time than he was originally scheduled to arrive so we moved the appointment up by about an hour. Nick made changes and after verifying he was able to access the site, he had me access the site. He also explained what he was doing and why plus gave me some tips.

Description of Work
Purchased a new computer and had several sites that were needed for my husband's job that we were unable to access. He also established a home network for us.

Work Completed On 01/12/2018