Mr. Appliance of Indianapolis

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2010

805 S Kitley Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Mr. Appliance specializes in large appliance repair and maintenance to keep them in peak working condition. But repairing your appliance is only part of the job. Our goal is to deliver superior service by taking extra steps to protect your home and become your preferred appliance repair expert.

06/25/2021

Jie Z.

The service guy came to check, found the cooling fan rotor was broken. He ordered the replacement on site, but the part never came. Every one or two months, I have to call Mr. Appliance to check for update, and was always told "the part is in back order". At the end of half year waiting, my microwave no longer works, and I was told the part was discontinued, and I will get a refund. But the refund came with only half of the payment. I tried to call the company again, but all of a sudden, I no longer could reach their manager as before, but always to a customer service representative, who can only forward my message, and not to solve any issue. I tried many times, left message each time, and haven't got a single call back. Such a disgraceful company!

Description of Work
Microwave fun rotor replacement

03/01/2019

Jeffrey D.

Our refrigerator suddenly stopped cooling properly. I set up an appointment online with Mr. Appliance, they called prior and showed up on time. Charlie quickly diagnosed the problem, explained to me what happened and why (the evaporator fan had frozen) and promptly replaced it. The refrigerator is now back to cooling normally. I thought it was a little pricey, but this was an emergency and needed to be fixed asap. I was VERY happy with the level of expertise and professionalism in the technician

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

02/19/2019

CATHY K.

Technician diagnosed the problem, had the necessary tools and replacement parts on hand and finished the job efficiently. He explained the issue in detail and the options for repair. He checked on the warranty for us. He was a little delayed in arriving but called ahead and let us know his ETA. We were very please with the work. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replace heating element on dryer

11/07/2018

Wendy P.

Great. Checked everything out to make sure no longer leaking.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

07/26/2018

SABRINA & DAVID F.

I was delighted, from the beginning of the process to the end: the person who answered my phone call on Monday and scheduled my appointment was friendly and helpful; appointment was scheduled for Wednesday, which was earlier than appointments offered to me by other appliance repair services that I had called; communication from company - by phone, email, and text - was well-timed and clear; repair technician was on-time and personable; he diagnosed the problem and fixed it efficiently (he had, based on the description that I had given when requesting the appointment, anticipated the cause and brought with him the required replacement component, an igniter); the company waived the service call charge - I paid for the repair (parts and labor) only.

Description of Work
Gas oven heating was unreliable: sometimes, when turned on, it would heat as expected; other times it would not heat and we would smell natural gas odor.

05/18/2018

AMBER B.

My refrigerator was clearly not working properly on a Wednesday. I called several appliance repair companies on Thursday morning. The earliest that any of them could come out was Friday afternoon. I called Mr. Appliance and they happened to have a cancellation so could come out right away (within an hour). Unfortunately, the compressor had gone bad on my 6-year-old Kenmore. The repair would have been more than I paid for the fridge. I appreciate them coming out so quickly so I could shop for a replacement ASAP. I had a new fridge purchased on Thursday evening and delivered by Saturday afternoon.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

09/27/2017

Heather G.

Excellent. The repairman was polite and professional. I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Washer troubleshoot and repair

09/14/2017

MICHELLE H.

Great- they fixed it. It broke again a few weeks later, a different problem, and they did not charge me for that repair.

Description of Work
Repair Meile dishwasher

08/31/2017

Vicki T.

The stove was $125 and the washing machine was $100.

Description of Work
I had a washing machine worked on and I had a stove worked on.

07/04/2017

Shirley H.

Since my kitchen floor was flooding with water leaking from fridge, I was pleased with the expediency rendered for this service call. Repairman was on time, friendly and courteous and showed a genuine concern for my misfortune. He gave me some very good tips and I did not end up feeling taken advantage of. I paid a service fee and he did what he could to stop the leaking so I could take some time to decide what to ultimately do --- repair or replace.

Description of Work
Service to refrigerator

06/15/2017

JOHN F & SUSAN R P.

Everything is expensive, but they were very knowledgeable and the stove is working as expected.

Description of Work
Repaired an old Five Star Gas stove. It is not easy to find people to work on them, and they did a great job.

04/19/2017

allison D.

No Show after scheduling g us out over a week!!!!

Description of Work
We scheduled them to fix the large refrigerator for our concession and the guy goes to the wrong place or never shows up then tells us he can't help us to call corporate. When we did that they tried to blame it on us as well and we quickly called Tur we Appliance who came out that afternoon. Totally wasted my time.

04/12/2017

CRISTINE A.

Repairman came and made a diagnosis, ordered a new electric panel, and returned when he said he would. Very professional.

Description of Work
We had a new electronic panel put on our 12 year old KitchenAid range replaced.

01/30/2017

Ted B.

Mr Appliance came out - took it apart and did not see anything but gave the mechanicals a good cleaning and the grinding noise was gone. Charged only for the service call. On a second occasion called them when an error light came on. Over the phone they recommended I cycle the power - that fixed the problem - no charge.

Description of Work
Dishwasher was making grinding noise

12/20/2016

ROSALIND JOAN B.

went well. technician nmade temporary repair until received part

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Category small appliance repair

10/31/2016

Susan H.

They did the work promptly and efficiently. very pleased

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher

10/07/2016

Caryl H.

Very well. I called on Wednesday and received an appointment Friday morning. They scheduled around my work schedule. He called ahead and was very prompt. Diagnosed and fixed my problem and cleaned up.

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

09/26/2016

SALLY E.

Called ahead, was able to arrive early. Repair was quick. Gave me a few helpful tips.

Description of Work
Repair Dryer

08/27/2016

Alex I.

On the first visit, the technician came out and diagnosed the problem as only that we were using the wrong type of detergent. He was there only 5-10 minutes. Within 2 weeks, despite following his recommendations on detergent, the washing machine was flooding again and we were upset with this misinformation. However, we called to reschedule a free follow up visit (since we paid for the first). The new technician was much more thorough and knowledgeable. He fixed the problem (including running to get parts) and since it was done incorrectly the first time, he did not charge us anything for diagnosing and fixing the washing machine. We now have a functioning washing machine and I was happy with the way this company responded to our complaint. Hopefully we do not have issues with our appliances, but if we do, I will definitely use them again as they want to make sure they do the job right!

Description of Work
Diagnose (first time) and fix (second time) a washing machine that was overflowing.

04/04/2016

George O.

It didn't work out for me. They lied to me. They came out, looked at it and said the seal was going to cost $300. They charged me $89 for the visit just to tell me that they couldn't fix it. They said a new seal was going to cost $300. That's why I had another company come out and they found out it wasn't the seal. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
I had them come out to fix the seal on our refrigerator door.

Category appliance repair

We do not deserve this review. We do not lie to anyone! Please see our 161 Angies List "A" reviews. We have been awarded the Angies List Super Service Award for the last 5 years. We guarantee our diagnosis and repairs by offering the best warranty available in the market. If the customer had expressed any concern or dissatisfaction we would have been happy to rectify the problem or refund the money. Our certified, background checked, trained technician found a problem with the door sealing. He advised the customer that the gasket was not in bad shape but we could replace it and that he also felt the problem could be with the door alignment. He adjusted the unit to help the door seal but this did not fully eliminate the problem. We strive to provide only the best service and customer satisfaction. Sincerely, Owner. Thank You!

02/01/2016

SHARON G.

It went great. The technician was on time and professional. He told me the digital panel needed to be replaced. He had to order the part and it would take 2-3 business days. It only took 2. They called me on Friday and came out on Monday. Again he was on time It didn't take long at all.

Description of Work
Replaced the digital panel that controlled my over in my stove.

12/07/2015

Ellen S.

out to my house. I called on I have a KitchenAid double oven that is 2 years old. The top smaller oven has not worked right since we got it. There was always a strong odor of gas whenever we turned it on. I had 2 different Technicians come and try to fix it but they always said there was nothing wrong. Of course these were sent by Kitchenaid while it was still under warranty. I gave up and we just didn't use it. I got tired of that so the day before Thanksgiving Mr. Appliance sent a technician. I called on Monday and they came on Wednesday. I don't remember the young mans name but he was very efficient and he immediately saw that it was the igniter. He told me the price and I said that was fine and he was done within 30 minutes. I haven't smelled gas since and we were able to use 2 ovens for Thanksgiving! I was very satisfied with their work and I will use them again if I need anything repaired.

Description of Work
Replaced the igniter in my top oven in my double oven.

10/06/2015

Charlotte L.

The woman answering my call was pleasant and helpful setting up the service appointment. I called on Wednesday and the service was provided on Friday of the same week. The serviceman was punctual, took care to cover his shoes and the floor in front of my dishwasher. He listed carefully to my explanation of the problem (the soap dispenser would not open to release the dish soap), gave me a couple of explanations of what could be wrong and then called the Bosch Tech to confirm appropriate action. Fixed the problem, cleaned up and was on his way. While in my home he was professional and pleasant. The dishwasher was under warranty so there was no charge to me. I have no idea what the charge would have been. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Replaced dispenser on dishwasher

09/12/2015

Traci N.

Our technician - Sean - did a fantastic job when he repaired our 15-year-old Sub Zero refrigerator after it started having trouble maintaining temperature and the sealed system needed to be replaced. I am very picky about cleanliness and Sean was respectful of our home - he wore shoe covers, used a mat to protect the granite countertops from his tools and a floor mat to prevent scratches and gouges from the refrigerant tanks, took his trash with him, etc. He worked efficiently to finish the job and ended up being at our home until after 10:00 p.m. I sincerely appreciated his working into the late evening to ensure our family of 6 had a working refrigerator in time for the weekend. Sean was mind enough to take the time to help us get our dishwasher secured in place and even let us know we could contact him on his cell if we had any issues. We wouldn't hesitate to use Mr. Appliance again.

Description of Work
Replaced the sealed system on our Sub Zero refrigerator - compressor, evap, dryer, heat exchanger.

09/08/2015

Ted B.

He did not find anything broken but after cleaning out the internal parts noise was gone = working fine every since.

Description of Work
Fixed a grinding noise in our LG dishwasher

Hope Plumbing

We specialize in working on older homes and those problems that require unique solutions. We offer full service residential plumbing services to customers looking for "long-term" and "efficient" solutions. We work on the following plumbing items - toilets, sinks, water heaters, tankless water heaters, sump pumps, water softeners, faucets, garbage disposals, drains, gas lines, clogged drains, water lines, main lines, and all other non-listed residential plumbing needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

When you need an emergency plumber in Indianapolis, IN or a drain cleaner, call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup. Your fast & reliable plumber can fix any plumbing problem, including sump pumps, toilet repair, faucet repair, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water heaters, bathtubs, showers, and outside faucets. Roto-Rooter is best known for drain cleaning & sewer cleaning. We fix drain clogs, clogged toilets or sinks, blockage of main sewer lines, slow draining shower and bathtub drains, sewer lines and leaking or burst pipes. We also specialize in water damage restoration & water cleanup services. We can fix and clean up your flooded basement too. Roto-Rooter is a 24-hour plumber near you and provides emergency service.

Service Plus Heating Cooling Plumbing

Hello, and welcome to Service Plus Heating, Cooling & Plumbing! We are a family-owned and operated air conditioning, furnace, plumbing and drain repair and installation company, and I would love for our team to have the opportunity to serve you! We take pride in offering the best customer service, the most technically trained service professionals and the friendliest team. No one loves helping you like we do, and it shows!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Residential & Commercial Appliance Repair.