M & T Inspection Services

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2010

8838 Rocky Hill Rd

Indianapolis, IN 46217

M&T Inspection Services is a full-service family owned and operated home inspection company which has a dedicated goal to provide the most thorough inspection in our local industry. Troy Hicks is the sole inspector and is one of the few local dual-certified inspectors through both ASHI and InterNACHI. We have completed over 5,000 residential inspections as of 12/2019 and have been in business for 13 years. Our home is usually the largest investment we make and it is critical to ensure hiring an inspection company that has the experience required to properly evaluate that investment. Call us today at (317) 409-0545 for a thorough evaluation of your biggest investment!...

02/27/2021

Connie C.

I recently moved into my home. There were very few issues listed by the original inspector. Everything started going wrong in my home. I was despondent and felt unsafe. I called Troy. He took his time with the inspection, explaining everything to me along the way. He explained the priorities and made me feel safe and secure. After the repairs are made, I will call him back to inspect the repairs. He cares and I trust him.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

06/22/2020

Sida G.

Troy inspected my house before I purchased it last year, it was my first house. I found M&T through Angie's List and didn't use the inspector my realtor recommended because I was afraid of bias. My realtor ended up being very impressed with Troy and said she'd consider using him in the future. It's clear that he is very professional and has a lot of experience, so he knows what issues to look for. I was present for the entire inspection and I asked a ton of questions. He was very patient and took the time to answer everything while still doing a thorough job with the inspection, he even gave me a lot of tips for a first time home owner. The report came on time and the format was easy to read with tons of relevant photos. Based on his report, we were able to get the seller to provide a credit for some of the issues he found. 6 months after moving in, I feel like he did find every issue he could.

Description of Work
House Inspection

05/28/2020

M. S.

The inspection went very well. M&T Inspection team was professional. They kept me informed every step of the way. They answered and responded to all communication in a timely fashion. Peggy is great to talk to. I am pleased with the inspection report which was detailed and inclusive of action items I need to perform. I most certainly endorse them. I will use them on my next project.

Description of Work
I needed a full and comprehensive inspection.

05/27/2020

Kasey J.

Great! Very friendly, competitive pricing & very detailed report that came back the same afternoon. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Home inspection for pre-purchase of a home

07/30/2019

Hannah C.

No idea where to begin with how thorough and meticulous Troy was on both home inspections he did for me. He didn’t miss a thing and gave me a very detailed report on how everything needed to be fixed the right way and small things that I would want to pay attention to on my house long term. I highly recommend this company and they also preformed 2 radon tests for me and he did an excellent job helping get mitigation systems installed on both properties for safety.

Description of Work
Preformed 2 home inspections on properties for me.

05/28/2019

Michael A.

Troy was extremely thorough and took the time to explain pretty much everything, as well as making recommendations on ideas for future renovations and concerns with the house we're moving from. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Full home inspection

05/20/2019

Jessica B.

M & T was recommended by my realtor. I called the office and Shana was extremely kind, professional, and efficient in getting my information and scheduling the appointment. On inspection day, meeting Troy was a great pleasure, as he too was kind, professional, and efficient! I was already impressed with the consistency! Troy taught me a lot about my potential new home, without being overwhelming. He was extremely thorough and really knows his stuff!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/07/2018

Alicia B.

It went very well! We were recommended M&T Inspection Services by our realtor. Troy was honest, professional, and knowledgeable throughout the whole process. It was overall a great experience for being first time home buyers.

Description of Work
Home inspection.

09/10/2018

Cindy H.

I have bought and sold many homes in my life & Troy is hands down the best home inspector I have ever used . He is very knowledgeable & answered all my questions. He took the time in detail to explain how different systems of the house worked & why different defective items needed to be fixed. I will definitely refer him to friends.

Description of Work
Complete home and barn inspection prior to buying home.

05/09/2018

Shelby S.

Great! I am a first time home buyer and wanted to make sure everything was good to go in the house. Everything went perfect - met him at the house the morning of inspection. Walked me through the entire inspection, thoroughly explained everything and gave me tips, advice and key things to look for and keep an eye on. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and honest. Was an absolute pleasure to work with, just went above and beyond to make sure I understood everything and didn't have any questions. I would highly recommend Troy to anyone who needs a home inspector. His prices are unbeatable as well. Thanks again, Troy!

Description of Work
home inspection

03/29/2018

BRIAN S.

It was a great experience working with Troy and i would and have recommended him within my personal network. I was working with a tight deadline to get an inspection done and called Troy at 7:00pm and he was able to fit me in first thing the following morning. He was there right on time and spent approximately 3 hours performing the inspection. Throughout the course of the inspection Troy offered great insight that was extremely appreciated as a first time home buyer. I received a very thorough report the following day which again appreciated being on a tight timeline. Thoroughly impressed with M&T and Troy with everything from the price, the responsiveness to my needs, and services received.

Description of Work
Home inspection for a newly purchased home

03/02/2018

Nicholas W.

As first time home buyers, my wife and I were somewhat nervous about the inspection process. Troy was not only knowledgeable and professional he was also very personable. He was very thorough during the inspection and informed us each step of the way what he had found. He gave us realistic ideas of how long certain appliances should last and real world quotes of what to expect the cost would be to service a unit or replace it. We learned so much in the time that we spent with him and are grateful for the tips that he provided us. We will be recommending Troy to our friends and family who are looking to buy homes in the Indianapolis area. In addition to the home, there was a large detached garage which was inspected.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

02/22/2018

Annette B.

Troy was great to work with, he communicated promptly, showed up on time, and was very thorough. He explained what he was doing, and what he was seeing. He answered all our questions and didn't rush. He warned us of things that were not necessarily defective, but should be investigated further. Thanks to Troy, we ended up walking away from the first house we wanted to buy, after we found out some repair work may not have been done to the proper building codes. He probably saved us thousands of dollars and future headaches. The next house we picked was much better, and I feel very comfortable moving in - knowing Troy inspected it first!

Description of Work
Inspection of two different houses we wanted to purchase

02/19/2018

Julie F.

As first time home buyers, the whole process can be a little overwhelming. Troy Hicks was recommended to us, and we were told he does a great job explaining everything to first time home buyers- which is exactly what he did! Troy did a fantastic job during the home inspection. He informed me not only about problems he found with the house, but he also explained things that will be beneficial to know as a home owner down the road. He was very knowledgeable, and really took the time to explain every issue he found. I would highly recommend Troy to any one looking to gain knowledge on their new property. He helped take some of the stress out of the home buying process!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

02/08/2018

Paige S.

Troy came highly recommended from two of my coworkers that recently hired him to inspect their first homes and he was great! Troy knew I was a first time home buyer so he took the time to go over how everything works and made sure I understood all the in's and outs of the home I was buying. It's a small 2 bed 1 bath bungalow but he still took 3 hours to go over every detail which I really appreciated. He even helped me pick out paint colors I brought while he was doing the inspection. The inspection report was electronic and allowed me to create a repair/request list to send to my realtor which was very helpful. I have a lot of friends that are starting to buy homes and will definitely recommend M & T Inspection Services to them. Thanks Troy!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/30/2017

Erik B.

Went great. Troy is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. Takes the time to explain what he is doing as he inspects the house. Also report is excellent and comes digitally within 48 hours with pictures of each issue he finds.

Description of Work
Home inspection with termite and radon inspection.

09/04/2017

Paul S.

Troy was very thorough and knowledgeable. I arrived midway through the inspection, and he walked me through everything he had done and found up to that point. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase home inspection

06/20/2017

Divya B.

Troy has not only inspected our own house, but also my 2nd home. He was prompt, very detailed, and found issues that were corrected by the sellers. He is very patient and answers all questions very clearly. Will always work with Troy and his company.

Description of Work
Inspect our 2nd home.

05/31/2017

Alison G.

Troy has been exceptional! Being first-time home buyers, we were a bit nervous about the inspection on a 30 year old house. Troy is so knowledgeable and thorough that by the time the inspection was over, we felt smarter and more apt to make the correct decisions regarding repairs needed in the home, as well as maintaining the home in the future. He is very personable and also took the time to answer all of my many questions. In addition, he was willing to recommend some contractors for us, should the seller agree to give us credit for repairs instead of fixing them before we close. Troy was able to fit us into his schedule on the Saturday of a holiday weekend, and we received the inspection report less than 48 hours later! We then received the Radon report as soon as it was available. The entire inspection process was excellent. We feel very fortunate to have found Troy and M&T, and would highly recommend him and the company to anyone.

Description of Work
We contracted M & T Inspection Services for a home inspection we are purchasing.

04/28/2017

Joe T.

Troy was very knowledgeable and thorough. He was on time and very professional. I would recommend and use he's services again.

Description of Work
Home inspection

04/25/2017

Samuel M.

The inspection went great. Troy was very informative and thorough while going through the home.

Description of Work
Home Inspection for my first home

04/21/2017

Leota T.

Troy was wonderful. Very thorough, professional, and informative. I really appreciate how he took time to explain things to my wife and I, answered questions we had, and showed us things to look out for. Our appointment was at 8:30 and due to morning traffic, he was about 10 minutes late. He called to give us a heads up which was appreciated, and things happen so we weren't too stressed about it. The actual inspection lasted until 12 pm. Our finished report came in by 6pm the same evening, and it included pictures and video. He also gave us a summary of things that need to be repaired or replaced at the end of it. I would definitely recommend Troy to anyone. After negotiations with the home owner, I am expecting to do a follow up with him to make sure the repairs where actually done and done correctly. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Initial home inspection

04/10/2017

Brent S.

Showed up an hour late, but well made up for it after he was there. Very thorough, and explained things well. I would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

We did call client a few times as we were running late due to a large unforeseen traffic back-up on the highway. The buyer was misquoted inspection price by $100 and we honored that price plus the Angie's List discount. We did spend additional time following the inspection discussing inspection issues with the seller. Thank you for your business.

02/15/2017

Lorri S.

Troy did a wonderful job. He was very thorough, explained how things works which is what we neeeded since we are first time home buyers.

Description of Work
Troy came out and inspected our new home purchase.

08/11/2016

Marah D.

Absolutely superb. Troy was early to the inspection and had already inspected the roof, exterior, furnace, ac, water heater, electric, and plumbing units. Very approachable, very sincere gentleman - but the best part of his whole service is how informative he is with EVERYTHING. Not only did he explain why he was marking things and giving examples from issues around the area, but he also offered solutions/suggestions on how to fix things in the case that the sellers and their contractors don't deem it necessary. Troy was very thorough, but also was very quick and we didn't have to take a lot of time out of our work day to be there for the inspection itself. Our house is about 2500 sq ft. and I don't know what the average inspection would typically take, but I was very pleasantly surprised. We were also pleased that our list of things needing attention was very short. I would most definitely recommend M & T to any other people out there needing an inspection done. Again - Troy was great! Not that I wasn't already happy with my purchasing of this house, but Troy gave even more insight on other reasons I should be glad to have chosen our house. Thanks Troy and M & T!!!

Description of Work
We needed a home inspection done as part of the buying process of our family's new home.

Radon Environmental, Inc.

4-6 Employees. Each job is bid individually based on the client's needs.

Midwest Home & RV Inspections LLC

Midwest Home & RV Inspections is a multi- functional inspection company. We are certified, licensed and insured to conduct home inspections in Indiana. Our inspectors are certified through the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. Our inspectors are also certified to conduct RV inspections and are certified as Level 1 RV Technicians through the Recreational Vehicle Training Institute.

Wren House Inspection LLC

*ASK US ABOUT OUR FREE TERMITE INSPECTION ($50 value)* I have nearly 20 years in the home construction field with a plumbing background. Before starting "Wren House Inspection LLC" in March of 2013, I inspected homes for another highly rated local inspection company here in Indianapolis. My goal is to build this business one satisfied client at a time. I enjoy my work and I strive to make my clients feel comfortable with their home inspection. I encourage my clients to follow along during the inspection and ask questions as we go. Rest assured in knowing that you will only be dealing with the me, the owner, throughout your home inspection process. Sample reports are available upon request. Feel free to contact me via phone,email or text any day of the week.

HI00700014
    Indiana
    Indiana
    10/01/2023
    PayPal, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

External conditions & surfaces, roof, attic, insulation & ventilation, plumbing & electrical systems, appliances, heating & cooling systems, foundations, slabs & floors, walls & ceilings, garage, walls & driveway.