Koorsen Fire & Security

Founded 1946 • With Angi since February 2004

2719 N Arlington Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46218

Additional phone numbers - (317) 543-3041, (765) 482-3222, (317) 392-3104, (800) 745-2719. Additional DBAs - Koorsen Protection Services Inc, Koorsen Fire & Security Inc....

11/11/2020

Helen J.

Top of the line!

Description of Work
They came out, checked our fire extinguisher, and changed them out.

02/11/2019

Connie M.

They sold our home security contract to another company without our knowledge. Said sent letter, but we did not receive a letter. Only discovered when we received an email with receipt from another company when we paid our bill. Was then told by Koorsen that we could change back to Koorsen up to a year if we desired. Gave other company a 3 month chance, but was very dissatisfied. Called Koorsen and was told that we cannot come back to Koorsen for 10 years. I reiterate, this was without our knowledge or permission. It would be like order clothing from Macy's online and being delivered clothes from Walmart. What sense does this make??????? What kind of business ethics is this????

Description of Work
home security

01/13/2015

ABE J.

Description of Work
Up grared my existing system, I had previously purchased from them, from land line monitoring to cellular. I would definitely purchase from thm again!

10/09/2014

Corey K.

We started using Koorsen after hearing about them from a friend. We really liked how the company's salesman explained the system, and we like that the system utilizes a cell phone signal to communicate with the company rather than a landline which can be cut easily. The company also does a great job of responding quickly to any problems or issues that we have.

Description of Work
They monitor my home's security system.

07/06/2014

DAVID AND CHARLENE W.

My house was struck by lightening. As a result the alarm system was fried. I called the next morning and I was advised someone would come to take a look. I was expecting a tech, but a sales rep (Jim) showed up. After calling Koorsen when the alarm went off to get help to turn it off the tech I spoke to knew it was beyond repair. Jim took the time to provide me with the information and options for a new system. When I called to schedule installation I was surprised to hear that it could be done the next day (Saturday). The tech (Don) was helpful giving us information on the best use of the system and how to use it. Installation only took a few hours. I've used Koorsen for years. I highly recommend them. They sell you what you need. They don't try to sell you items you don't and there isn't any pressure.

Description of Work
Replaced my alarm system.

06/27/2014

Kristin B.

05/29/2014

Randall W.

Initially all went well. I called Koorsen to get a job estimate to repair a leaking fire water line. I received a phone about the problem and then received an e-mail, in sentence form, of a job estimate of approximately $302. I approved the repair and Koorsen went to my commercial building to repair. The next day I inspected Koorsen's work. The leak was better but still leaking. I contacted Koorsen and they came out promptly and completed the work. I was a happy customer until I received the invoices. In addition to the agreed repair cost of $302 they charged me $275 just for a job estimate. No work was performed during the first visit to my building to assess the problem and I was not informed I would be charged for a "service call" when I requested a job estimate. I sent the Columbus area manager a complaint by e-mail of which he did not reply. I would have recommended Koorsen if it had not been for the bad buisiness practice of charging for a job estimate and not informing me they would charge for the job estimate. As a result, Koorsen is requiring me to pay the $275 for a job estimate for a $302 repair. Outrageous! I cannot recommend Koorsen. Find another Angies list contractor for your fire and security needs.

Description of Work
Repair a leaking fire water line for a commercial building.

03/26/2014

KEVIN L.

Quote was written on a piece of notebook paper and he took a cell phone picture for his copy. Did not try to use any existing equipment already n place.

02/11/2014

BARBARA H.

I don't remember the prices since they did the work over a year ago. The representative was very responsive and my security system was updated within a couple weeks of my first call. My previous provider was less than responsive and had never suggested updating my security system since he installed it 10 years ago.

Description of Work
Koorsen updated my security system and I hired them to monitor the system.

11/03/2013

Linda U.

I experienced a fairly traumatic situation and believed my alarm system wasn't working properly. My alarm went off for some reason on that night, but when I called to cancel it, the company stated they hadn't received an alert. I called several days later to discuss the situation that had occurred, and while chatting with the person from the company, was informed that I had called the wrong number on the evening of my situation when I attempted to report the status of the alarm. I know that I talked to a rep from the company that evening and thought I was handling the situation appropriately, considering the circumstances. The rep said they would send someone out to check my system. They did, indeed, send someone out, but I received a bill for over $100 in the mail after that. I was never told that there would be a charge for someone to come out to check the system for faults. The rep I chatted with on the phone spent more time explaining how this was more than likely my fault (i.e. I didn't call the correct number when I attempted to cancel the alarm). There was, at the time, still no explanation for why the company didn't get an alert to the alarm that audibly went off in my home. I will say that the tech they sent out to inspect the system was very good. He told me that the system is set to consider false alarms, where the company doesn't receive notification. I suppose this is just an example of how employees can take customer service for granted. I am locked into a contract so that is why I marked "would you use the provider in the future?" with a "yes." "

Description of Work
Checked my system.

07/31/2013

Michael W.

Koorsen's has great service and are well known. I purchased several extinguishers that we needed for our church building. they were on the expensive side, but that was expected. I asked about fire extinguisher signs and placards, they also sell those but they were completely beyond a reasonable price. Beyond that they have exceptional service.

Description of Work
sold me several portable fire extinguishers

06/28/2013

Vera and Ted P.

He was great when he sold me the equipment but now that I have a problem, I cannot get a hold of him.

Description of Work
They installed some cameras.

06/06/2013

DAVID AND CHARLENE W.

They had good service. They did not try to sell me things I did not need.

Description of Work
They installed a whole house alarm system.

03/25/2013

Patricia R.

Great experience. Completed the work agreed upon and have had no problems. Referred company to relative and they were as pleased as I was when their alarm system was installed.

Description of Work
installed complete alarm system in home. Have been very satisfied with work performed and with personel involved. They were on time, were polite and completed the work agreed on. Would use them again if ever had the need.

09/27/2012

James S.

Live person answered first call to 800 number. Very polite, understood my needs (which don't fit standard sales mission of most companies - had 2 or 3 unsatisfactory responses from other vendors over past several months) and stated who, from Koorsen, would respond. Got a response on 3rd day following and schedule for an assessment visit 2 days later. Tech arrived on time to the minute (!) and provided excellent service. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Description of Work
Technician reviewed existing security equipment in our home, identified what was active and what wasn't. Gave alternatives for disabling (my objective) or later re-arming.

09/25/2012

Susan S.

Jamie called earlier in the day to confirm the time of the appointment. He was on time, friendly, efficient and knowledgable. He noticed that the sensor was broken and easily fixed the problem. He noticed that other ones from the same box/vendor were defective too.

Description of Work
Sensor on door came off

08/16/2012

ANN B P.

Koorsen did a terrific job. The installer arrived on time - even called in advance to confirm that he was on his way. When he got there, he discovered that the place we hoped to install the control pad had no electricity nearby. This caused some momentary concern. He called his supervisor who came immediately with a senior technician to look over the setup. Our installer had already developed a work-around which he shared with the other technicians. They then walked with him through the house to confirm what was being installed and discussed the best placement for motion detectors. He did the job quickly and cleaned up everything before he left. He spent time helping me understand how to use the system since we had never had one before. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Koorsen installed a wireless security and fire protection system.

10/05/2011

Kathleen R.

I thought they were still our current alarm company, and on the phone they acted like they were. They wouldn't help me over the phone to get the alarm to turn off and the fire department even showed up, even though everything was fine. They said someone was going to come out to stop the alarm. Someone showed up and had to put the numbers in several times to get the alarm to turn off. They sent a bill to my HOA for $413. This has caused a problem with me and my HOA. I called our current company and asked what they would have charged, and they said $125. I have pre-paid legal, so I am disgussing the situation through them.

Description of Work
I live in a condo and I am required to have a fire alarm system set up. The tiniest bit of smoke from my cooking set it off. I called the alarm company, as I wasn’t able to turn it off myself.

11/23/2009

James & Bonnie S.

A neighbor recommended Koorsen and the estimate was given by Andrew Fritz. He first walked around the house with me to "see the house as a potential intruder would see it" and identify particular problem spots. We decided on a combination of door and window glass break sensors. Andrew followed up a few days later. He was prompt and thorough in answering our questions. We received a similar estimate from another company, but were not nearly as impressed with the salesperson, and we decided to go with Koorsen. The installer was prompt, knowledgable, and good with the training. We are using the system, and are quite comfortable with it (I was very concerned that it would be burdensome, and difficult to use).

Description of Work
We had installed the basic security system, plus an additional door sensor.

09/03/2006

JOHN R.

Very fast response in both finding compatible units and installing the new ones.

Description of Work
Installed three smoke detectors which were damaged by lightning. Checked out units.

08/01/2006

RAYMOND P.

I was very happy with the estimate and signed the estimate to accept it and have the system installed. We called on several occassions and the project manager always said he'd ''have to get back with us.'' Over 30 days went by with no indication that they were going to do any work. Then an invoice arrived for $1500 for work the invoice said was already completed . We tried to reach the sales person and the project manager and just got voice mail. My concern is that they didnt' know the building system had malfunctioned, and they are unresponsive about trying to get a system installed, they will not be responsive in an emergency situation - which is the reason we wanted to contract with them in the first place.

Description of Work
This company provides monitored protection services for my building,and I asked them to bid on providing additional services for my small business. When they came out to do the estimate they went to the control room and found an alarm going off. They proceeded to tell me that the building system had malfunctioned and didn't understand why their system hadn't notified them. They said they'd have it repaired and proceeded to provide and estimate for the additional services for my office.

05/20/2005

KATHY C.

WE'VE BEEN USING MIDWEST FOR FIRE EXTINGUISHER MAINTENANCE FOR YEARS. THIS YEAR KOORSEN ADVISED US THAT MIDWEST WAS NOW PART OF THEIR COMPANY AND THEY WOULD BE TAKING OVER ALL MIDWEST ACCOUNTS. THE KOORSEN TECH. CAME AND SERVICED MOST OF OUR EXTINGUISHERS AND IT HAS BEEN OUR EXPERIENCE THAT ONLY TWO, AT THE MOST THREE, GENERALLY NEED ''FULL SERVICE''. I PERSONALLY QUESTIONED THE TECH. WHY HE WAS SERVICING EXTINGUISHERS THAT WERE MARKED BY MIDWEST THAT THEY DIDN'T NEED SERVICE UNTIL 2006. HE SAID THAT MIDWEST HAD BEEN ''DOING IT WRONG''. THE SHORT OF IT IS THAT OUR BILL FROM KOORSEN IS FOR $238.13 AND OUR 2003 BILL FROM MIDWEST CAME TO $58.50 AND THE 2002 MIDWEST BILL WAS $79.90. CALLS REGARDING THE MATTER HAVE NOT RESULTED IN ANY RESOLUTION, AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION BY JACK GRANT OF KOOSEN THAT SINCE THE WORK HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE THERE IS NOTHING KOORSEN CAN DO. KOORSEN STANDS BY THEIR TECH. AND ASSURES US THAT THEIR TECHS. DON'T WORK ON COMMISSION.

Description of Work
ANNUAL FIRE EXTINGUISHER MAINTENANCE.

Category

02/11/2004

ESTHER R.

VERY REASONABLE IN PRICE, QUICK TO RESPOND.

Description of Work
CAME AND INSPECTED ALL FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, SMOKE DETECTORS AND POOL STATIONS.

Category

Secure Plus

Secure Plus is a locally owned and operated ADT Authorized dealer. We specialize in residential and small business security solutions. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Secure Plus on Angi
    Indiana Alarm

Indiana Alarm has been a locally owned and operated company for over a decade. Our customers are our family and we strive to provide every single one of them with the highest quality of service and equipment that is available. Although, we are locally owned and operated we provide the most up to date knowledge on new cutting edge technology in the industry. We make it our mission to provide our customers with the most current product information on the market. Our prices and customer service rival that of any of the "big named" security companies in the market today. When you call for a service call or simply have a question about your system, you are calling a local number within Indiana. Our security and automation equipment is manufactured by the top names in the industry today and our monitoring station is based and operated within the United States. We offer free home visits for estimates with a "no pressure" presentation that leaves you available to evaluate your options on your own time.

Bucks Electric

We are a full service electrical contractor that only does quality work. We do all electircal work, such as outlets, switches, fans, new construction, remodels, panel upgrades, car charging stations, generators, surge protectors, and more. Free Estimates! 317-430-8297

Sales & repair of fire, safety & security equipment, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, security alarms, CCTV & card access.