JD Hostetter & Associates

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2004

C8141600

7651 W 88th St

Indianapolis, IN 46278

Our goal at JD Hostetter & Associates is to treat every customer honestly, fairly and respectfully. We treat you and your home the way we would want our home and family to be treated with an efficient, low pressure experience. This means that we are available when you need us — whether that be by phone, text, or email. No one makes the right decision under pressure. That’s why we take our time to help you understand the process so you can make a decision at ease. We give you options that fit your needs and budget and won’t try to upsell you on products or services you don’t need. If any problems arise after the project is complete, we are always available for you and will treat you like we treat our own family. ...

house painting (351)siding companies (168)gutter repair (128)roofing (93)window replacement (69)pressure washing (34)door installation (27)interior painting (27)woodworking (25)general contractors (25)deck cleaning (12)chimney repair (7)

07/31/2021

Kim S.

We needed new siding on the second story of our house and we needed new gutters. Tom came out and explained everything to us. I was super impressed that he did not try to oversell his product, unlike the other company that gave us an estimate. He told us what we needed, and more importantly, what we didn't need. We bought James Hardie siding and I am very happy with the product and the installation. The price was better than the other estimates, mostly because the other companies tried to sell us things we didn't need. Tom, our representative, was very knowledgeable and easy to work with, I highly recommend him and JD Hostetter.

Description of Work
We needed siding, new gutters and paint

Category gutter repair,siding,house painters

Work Completed On 07/31/2021

07/08/2021

Pamela E.

Extremely disappointed since had such good reviews. Hired to paint trim, shutters and gutters on 10 year old full brick 1 story home for $2900. Originally was not considering having gutters painted but owner Tom Pantzer convinced us that house would look much better with gutters painted since cleaning off mildew would not restore them to a good look. Crew power washed trim and gutters but did not look like they did a thorough job since some areas of gutters still had algae which I reported to office (no additional cleaning was done). Although they did let me know when they were coming to power wash, there was no communication when they returned to complete the work or clean up the roof overspray - they just showed up with no notice. Communication with the crew was a big challenge since they spoke little to no English. They called their supervisor to interpret but he was not readily available. Because they used a sprayer, there was paint overspray on areas of the roof which are very visible from the street. When I communicated this problem to the office the owner said he would schedule a time within the next few days for him and the crew supervisor to come out to meet with me and said they would make it right. I shared my concerns of damaging the roof when removing the paint and wanted to feel confident in their process before it was done. I was very surprised when the original painting crew (no supervisor) showed up unannounced about an hour after my phone call ended with the owner. They then proceeded with their process to clean the paint off the roof. Needless to say I was furious. I contacted the owner expressing my displeasure and he never responded. Would never use this company again due to their sloppy work, lack of communication, and inability to speak with the crew due to their lack of English.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

10/29/2020

Rona B.

EXCELLENT WORK, HIGH QUALITY INSTALLATION. PLEASANT WORKERS.

Description of Work
NEW SIDING AND SOFFITS

Category siding

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Review for JD Hostetter & Associates - 7651 W 88th St, Indianapolis, IN - 38986885

10/28/2020

MICHAEL G.

They installed all new Pella windows in my 60 yr old house. We had a great experience. They lived up to their proposal and exceeded expectations. The crews were timely, worked with our schedule and came in within budget. I would definitely recommend JD Hostetter.

Description of Work
Replaced all my windows this year and they are going to replace my siding next year.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/27/2020

Catherine M.

My experience with JD Hostetter was terrific--from scheduling the estimate to working with staff and crew to wrapping up at the end. My three-story house is in a historic district, and we used three colors on the body and one on the porch ceiling. It was a big job, which they got done in a week. Working as a team, the crew worked hard and did beautiful work. They were professional, careful, responsive, and easy to work with. JD Hostetter provided an incredible home improvement experience. When I need interior painting, I will definitely call them.

Description of Work
Full exterior paint job

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/24/2020

Amy S.

The crew did a great job! The estimate was done quickly and with sufficient detail. The price was comparable to other well-reviewed painters, and I liked that the same crew could replace the rotten trim boards before painting (which saved me the trouble of hiring someone different to do that). The quality of the job was very good, and the crew did a good job cleaning up afterwards. I'll definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
All the exterior trim on the house was painted. Rotten boards were replaced.

Category contractors,house painters

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Tracy D.

They were wonderful, kind, punctual, efficient and did a very nice job.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Peter V.

Very easy to work with from contracting to completion.. Offered alternative suggestions. Good supervision of the project. Cleanup was great (did not leave a mess). After job follow up (punch list) was timely. Price was very competitive. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New Roof, new gutters, trim board replacement and whole house exterior painting

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Tamara B.

Great, I had scheduled an approximate time for the work to be done. I called and requested to be moved up. Work was started a week later and completed in a timely fashion. Workers cleaned up daily, leaving my property clean. My home looks great and I would happily hire JD HOSTETTER again.

Description of Work
Repair work on cedar siding and house painted

Category siding,house painters

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/08/2020

ann B.

fast professional and timely, fair price

Description of Work
painted 3 story exterior, installed gutter guards and shutters

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Roofing, gutter replacement(only provide complete gutter/gutter cover services) no partial repairs, siding (including installation of James Hardie products), exterior painting, windows & doors (Pella Preferred Contractor).

Handyman and partial repairs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express