Indiana Residential

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2011

1131 Shelby St

Indianapolis, IN 46203

Indiana Residential (IR) is a locally owned and operated General Contractor serving Central Indiana homeowners since 2010. We provide services in everything from general home maintenance to complete remodeling and restoration. IR is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Our services Include: Residential Roof Replacement, Repair and Maintenance; Kitchen and Bath Remodeling; Inspection Repairs; Mold Remediation; Window Replacement and Restoration; Kitchen and Bath Cabinetry, and more....

10/19/2020

Cheri R.

After reviewing the the work I needed done, the Project Manager informed me that he would need to send a painter to provide a separate estimate. The painter didn't show up as scheduled. We then rescheduled for a different day and two painters showed up ready to paint (not to provide an estimate). Project Manager then agreed to just go ahead include the painting in Indiana Residential's estimate. I had some questions after receiving the quote and emailed the Project Manager. He never responded to my two requests for pricing clarifications. Normally I would just move on to the next vendor on the list but these guys wasted a lot of my time so I decided to write this review.

Description of Work
Trim Work, Painting, Replace Porch Screens

Category handyman service, air duct cleaning

09/30/2020

Mitchell D.

We had a gutter that'd get overflown with water since a large portion of our roof leads to one gutter downspout. This would then lead to ceiling leaks in our kitchen. Indiana Residential came out and installed an apron which should help the issue and they also resolved the leak stains in our kitchen. The work was done quickly and I felt that we had a fair price. Their office is in Fountain Square, so it is nice to hire someone local!

Description of Work
Installed Gutter Apron and Fixed leak stains inside house

Category gutter repair, interior painters

01/21/2020

john N.

they repaired last year and we had one yr warranty. no leaks during the past spring and summer despite heavy rains. then two weeks ago we had the same leak after a heavy winter rain. they came right out and assessed the situation. first time they did some caulking yet the second time he looked he decided it was a rusty leaky chimney cap of 25 yrs. pleased that they continued to assess and find the problem. we will get a new cap.

Description of Work
repair of roof leak

05/21/2019

Steve S.

It was fine, it took longer than I expected it too. It delayed stuffs.

Description of Work
They replace my roof, gutters and my down spouts.

Category remodeling

04/07/2019

Ginny K.

Very well. Damon was professional and accommodating for our schedule and the horses. Crew did a good job and cleaned up after. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New roof on horse stable

02/16/2019

john N.

VERY GOOD, ALREADY COMPLETED EVAL. PLEASE DONT ASK AGAIN

Description of Work
LEAK REPAIR OF ROOF

02/01/2019

Robert A.

Very professional. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in roof

10/04/2018

Kristine I.

I sent my realtor the issues that were found in the inspection that I wanted addressed or fixed by the seller of the home before I agreed on the closing. My realtor heard of this company and had them come out to get an estimate on all of my requests. Unfortunately I wasn`t there during the walk through but my Realtor Veronica was very impressed by Chris`s knowledge. He sent a break down of the estimate with a quick turn around including a break down of what would all be included in the prices he had listed. I was impressed on how quickly they came out and quoted. They also have License contractors to do various licensed jobs. A one stop shop.

Description of Work
Estimate for issues needing fixed or negotiated in purchasing a home.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Know how we are doing in the field is very valuable to us. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Cheers! Indiana Residential

05/02/2018

Cheri R.

They were very responsive. The only downside was price. I thought they were a little high.

Description of Work
Minor repairs for home sale

Category handyman service

Your feedback is very helpful to us [Member Name Removed]. I hope we get a chance to estimate a project again for you in the future. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, we really appreciate it. www.indianaresidential.com Indiana Residential

04/02/2018

Adam S.

The owner (Mike Greve) should not work in customer service. I had requested an estimate on Friday and I had emailed them my report, no-one had responded to me by Monday morning so I left a complaint. I am in the process of negotiating for a house, so every day counts and I hadn't so much as received a receipt to the email I had sent. Mike returned my call around 9am Monday and instead of apologizing for the delay he proceeded to berate me for leaving him a negative review. He sounded very angry to the point where I thought he might cry, he even called me "Anti-Christian!" When it comes to resolving customer complaints, I'm no expert; but I'm pretty sure it doesn't start with the business owner getting angry and bullying the customer. Incidentally Mike refused to take my business. So by all accounts he just called to yell at a potential customer who had left him a complaint, talk about defensive. I've got nothing against the company, they were a referral from my Realtor and I'm sure they employ some great professionals, I would just maybe have someone with a better customer service ethos connect with dissatisfied customers.

Description of Work
An Estimate on an Inspection

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Our policy is to respond to all requests within 48 business hours. Before this time had expired, this individual instead chose to leave us negative reviews in several places online. As a company we work hard to get back to each and every request as timely as possible. It's important to us that we are evaluated based on our actual performance, not the impatience of a potential client. We have policies in place so that we can service each client appropriately, and regret that we were not able to meet the needs of this individual.

02/19/2018

Patricia M.

The remodel went very well. They started and finished on time and close to budget. Mike Greve, the general contractor and project manager was in constant communication with us and provided good advice as issues came up. The crew was great, particularly Dave, Nathan and Gary. They were excellent at carpentry, tiling, and painting. Many others worked on the house as well and all of them were good. We are very happy with the work completed by Indiana Residential and we will likely use them again for any future work on the house. I have been recommending them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Major house remodel, added a full and a half bath. Remodeled the kitchen and original bathroom. Painted the whole interior of the house and all original wood flooring was refinished. A lot of plumbing and electrical updates.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We enjoyed getting to know you and look forward to an opportunity to work together again in the future. Cheers! Indiana Residential

08/22/2017

MARK J H.

I have attained satisfaction on every project involved with Indiana Residential Services., I entrust my own clients and my own reputation to Indiana Residential and they do not disappoint. I highly recommend their services!

Description of Work
I have used Indiana Residential Services on numerous occasions for home repairs for both my clients and my personal home. Their wide array of services for construction, electrical, plumbing, mold remediation, painting, drywall is extensive. From the moment of contact, to the scheduling, to the project coordinator ,to the billing- the staff has been professional, courteous, patient and diligent. They truly make you feel special and respond to all issues.I would highly recommend their services and I will continue to be loyal to their services.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, masonry, remodeling, house painters, interior painters, mold removal

Thanks Mark! We appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us feedback Cheers! Indiana Residential

07/30/2017

Patrick T.

They were extremely professional and scheduling was very timely and easy. They had to reschedule for a potion since they had to work outside for the last rim joist section and it was going to rain all day. They got back out very quickly even though they are very busy. Most importantly they always communicated when and what they would be doing. I have had other contractors on this house project that just showed up without me know about it so I wasn't here to see what they did.

Description of Work
We bought a home knowing it needed some work: Mold mitigation in the attack and crawl space. Replacement of sill plates and rim joists.

Category handyman service, mold removal

Thanks for sharing your feedback [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to work together again in the future.

07/08/2017

Kirbie R.

It went well, and the guy was professional.

Description of Work
They came out to give me a BID on a home i was interested in buying.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate it!

06/13/2017

Patricia M.

They arrived on time and spent at least an hour at are house doing a walk-through and listening to our extensive "wish list". They were very attentive and offered many good suggestions/ideas. They were quite professional. There sent us an estimate within a week. We have not made a decision yet as we had two more consultations scheduled and we are waiting on one more bid before making our final decision. So far our experience with Indiana Residential has been quite good.

Description of Work
Indiana Residential provided a quote for home remodeling.

Category handyman service, remodeling

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate it.

12/17/2016

Catherine/ Mark H.

They did a great job, in a potentially problem crawl space. Robert Barnes and his crew were very responsive.

Description of Work
Crawl space remediation

Category mold removal

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your business.

08/03/2016

Sharon G.

Everything was handled by two men over two days. Awesome job!! They explained things and answered all of my many questions. I was very satisfied with the quality of their work and they also did a great job of cleaning up. I would most definitely recommend Indiana Residential.

Description of Work
Having just purchased a home in Indianapolis, there were several items noted in the inspection report - including roofing, vinyl siding, fascia/trim replacement, attic issues (truss repair and venting problems) and several electrical items (one was moving a light fixture, which then required drywall repair and painting).

Category handyman service

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to an opportunity to work together in the future.

04/20/2016

STEVEN G.

He arrived when agreed upon. He seemed very courteous and professional. I was told to expect to hear back from him with a quote the following week. After 10 days I contacted him and asked when I can be expecting to get the quote. He stated that he wanted his boss to look it over and would get back to me the following day. That was almost a month ago and I haven't heard a word from him. Not impressed with this company. Extremely unhappy with them. I feel like I wasted all of this time, waiting for his quote, when I could have hired another company, but to be fair, I felt I should wait to get their quote. This is a terrible way to run a business. No follow up whatsoever. Obviously, they will never get my business.

Description of Work
He came to look at the project that we wanted done. It was to be built in shelving units in our great room and a roof built over our patio.

Category contractors, remodeling

I'm so sorry that you had this experience with our company. We do take your feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. This certainly isn't how we do business, and we do apologize for any inconvenience you were caused. We take everyone's feedback seriously so we can research what may have gone wrong and resolve as quickly as possible. We wish we could have gotten the opportunity to work together so our service was rated based on our actual work. I hope you can accept our apology for any delay and consider allowing us to estimate a job for you again in the future.

03/05/2016

Mary and Jerry__ M.

We connected with Indiana Residential when we became interested in a house that required extensive work due to its age and condition. It was a tremendous relief to have a contractor who served as the one-stop group for the breadth of work that we need to have done. The work took place over several months, but the quality and responsiveness of Indiana Residential was exceptional. The quotes were accurate, and we never received a bill with surprises. We are very pleased with the results, and would call on them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Extensive repairs to home built in 1950. Indiana Residential oversaw or identified contractors who took care of: all windows replaced, new siding, trim painted, new gutters, new electrical box, rebuilt cupola above garage, rebuilt 2 chimneys from below the roofline, hardwood floor refinishing and repair.

02/03/2016

Rachel D.

I would not use them again. We really had a hard time getting a hold of them and getting confirmation on when they're actually coming. It was for an inspection and our house failed. It was just a little nerve wracking as to when they're actually going to come out.

Description of Work
They did the mold remediation.

Category mold removal

I'm so sorry to read that you had this experience. I'm not 100% certain of the exact issues that led to the communication issues you experienced, since this was last year, but we do take your feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. In the last year and a half we have added additional full time staff and processes to help work out any communication obstacles we may have been experiencing at that time. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

09/25/2015

Charlie Jeanne K.

Work was gone well and completely at estimated cost. Very satisfied with resul;ts an, and have contracted with Indiana Residential for additional work on garage attic..

Description of Work
Performed maintenance work discovered in home inspection prior to purchase. Minor mold remediation in crawl space; repaired some exterior wood decay on window frame; several minor repairs.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, mold removal

07/26/2015

Stephen B.

These guys are amazing. They will look at an inspection response repair list and give you a quote just by looking at the items that are asked to be fixed. Indiana residential is our go-to company for getting things done right- the first time! If you are looking for one of the best companies to help you fix your house, then you need someone who will be on time and they do an amazing job. I would never use anyone else for myself or for my clients as a real estate agent. Having a company like Indiana Residential in my "toolbox" as an agent has really made my life easier. Not to mention having these guys on my clients' side has given everyone I have worked with a peace of mind.

Description of Work
They helped my client fix some electrical issues during an inspection for my listing. They added GFCIs in a couple of areas.

03/28/2015

Jan G.

Working with Indiana Residential, was a work in progress. They did a really good job of making sure that we were completely satisfied. Our time line did not work out entirely as purposed, but I appreciate that they took steps to make sure we were happy. The subcontractor who stained the hardwood floors had to come back and re-stain the floors 3 times. However, Indiana Residential made sure that he came back and did the work until we were satisfied with the finished product. I would only recommend that they do not use that subcontractor again.

Description of Work
It has been a 4 month processes. They installed countertops, backsplash and opened up a space in kitchen, included knocking down a wall. They grouted areas around the kitchen. They closed off a room, installed doors to make an office for us. They also subcontracted a technician to stain our hardwood floors.

Category home remodeling

01/04/2015

Mark K.

Painted interior living room, large entry way, High ceilings, hallways. Painters were extremely neat and efficient. Got the job done in two days and did an amazing job!

Category interior painters

09/25/2014

SUSAN R.

An excellent remodeling experience for us. We debated about refacing our 25-year old kitchen cabinets since they were well made, solid hickory but then had opportunity to order beautiful Armstrong cabinets through Indiana Residential (IR). Since new cabinets had great features (gliding drawers, slow close doors, pull out shelves in pantry, working lazy Susan in corner cabinet, and numerous built-ins) and were only $1500 more than refacing we went with new. So IR removed everything in kitchen down to drywall and installed new cabinets, countertops, sink/faucet, appliances, under-cabinet lighting, and performed drywall and ceiling repairs and painting. IR also customized (cut down) 80 inch tall audio/TV cabinets in LR and turned them into base cabinets to make room above for large, wall mounted flat screen TV. This renewed TV/audio cabinet and bar area got new granite countertops, bar sink and faucet. EVERYTHING turned out beautifully with all work completed in about 3 weeks. The goal to efficiently complete the work so we had a working kitchen as soon as possible was greatly appreciated. Mike Greve oversaw all aspects of the job and checked in frequently to see that work was progressing and satisfactory. All subcontractors (electrical, HVAC, demolition crew, painters, and granite countertop fabricators were AWESOME to work with -- all highly professional people who took great pride in their work, left their work areas clean, and came up with some great ideas as we went along! Thank you Indiana Residential...we (and everybody) love our kitchen and living room! We would highly recommend and plan to work with you again in the future. Sue and Ben

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen, bar and living room TV/audio cabinet area