Hope Plumbing

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2007

August Special - 10% Off any plumbing service for Teachers! Some restrictions apply. Call Today! We specialize in working on older homes and those problems that require unique solutions. We offer full service residential plumbing services to customers looking for "long-term" and "efficient" solutions. We work on the following plumbing items - toilets, sinks, water heaters, tankless water heaters, sump pumps, water softeners, faucets, garbage disposals, drains, gas lines, clogged drains, water lines, main lines, and all other non-listed residential plumbing needs....

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

4.4

plumbers (1083)drain cleaning (146)water heaters (110)water softeners (40)well & water pump repair (39)sewer cleaning (38)drain pipe installation (37)gas leak repair (13)HVAC Companies (30)appliance repair (29)home remodeling (20)handyman (13)

08/12/2022

Harold R.

Hope Plumbing came out on Wednesday for a toilet repair. We believed the toilet to be leaking from the tank bolts, so Domenic replaced the tank bolts and also (3) valves within the bathroom, installed a Delta faucet and installed a new flapper in our other bathroom toilet. After testing the repair repeatedly, Domenic left for the day. We discovered yet another leak right after he left our house, and we contacted Hope Plumbing who put us in contact with Domenic. He was not very far down the road and was gracious enough to turn around and help with this new problem. Upon inspection of the toilet, we decided it could not be fixed (a small crack in the front of the bowl) , so he arranged to have a new toilet installed the next day. He came back the next morning with a new toilet, took the old toilet away, and the installation went very smooth and quick. We will hire Hope Plumbing for our future repairs!

Description of Work
toilet repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

Kallie B.

I hired Hope Plumming to replace my sewer line, after my old clay sewer line collapsed. It happened 2 days before Christmas, and Hope, was super responsive and helpful to get the job done, as there were some challenges, due to winter with extenuating weather circumstances. They went above and beyond helping to keep my neighbors updated as my line required use of a mutually shared alley. Since then they have also installed a new water heater and water softener. As a repeat customer I would definitely recommend the team at Hope!

Description of Work
Sewer line replacement.

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, excavators, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/08/2022

Jim L.

From start to finish, everything was done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Toilet clog/repair

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

We are so happy we were able to help you out [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for trusting HOPE!

Christina G.

We recently had a leak in our crawlspace that did extensive damage to our home. Hope Plumbing not only was quick to arrive and stop the leak so we could restore water to the rest of our home but they also recommended a great restoration company to prevent further mold growth and ensure our home was clean and safe. Over the multi week project, Hope Plumbing was super accommodating as they worked alongside the restoration team, general contractors and the granite company. They also discovered an issue with our sump pump - something completely unrelated to what they had come for, but ultimately saved us from a more significant damage. We’re always quick to recommend them and they’ll always be our preferred plumber!

Description of Work
Repipe in crawl space

Category plumbing, remodeling, wells, drain pipe, home remodeling, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We truly love working with customers like you!

07/18/2022

Greg W.

My issue is: Should this job really have cost $935.99 ? There was a 8.75' piece of 1" pipe removed coming from the main to the split where the rust was. There were (2) 3' 1/2" pieces of pipe removed running from the "T" There was a 8.75' piece of 1" plastic pipe replaced from the main to the "T" There were (2) 3' pieces of 1/2" plastic from the T to the other pipes. There was an elbow coupling and extension coupling run to the Hot Water heater. (due to rusty coupling) The total time of actual "labor" for the install was approximately 3 hours. Total ripoff - should have been half that amount maximum.

Description of Work
Replace leaking "T" fitting - but had a few sections of pipe replaced.

Cost $935.99

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

Review for Hope Plumbing - 1919 E 52nd St, Indianapolis, IN - 39802734

06/22/2022

philip M.

It did not go well. Initially, the sink wouldn't drain at all, but they were able to get the water moving on June 7. They advised that twice a day I pour boiling water and Dawn soap down the drain to further clear things out. I did this once and then I missed the next couple days. The technician came back out June 18 and again advised I keep up with the water and Dawn soap fix. I have since done this dutifully since June 18. This has made things worse. The sink backups even more now. Nothing has gone the drain, but water, coffee, and other innocuous liquids since they have been out. I've contacted them twice, June 21 and June 22 where they have stated the QA person would be in touch that day or the next. I still haven't heard from anyone and have resorted to contacting a different company that can hopefully fix my drain problem. I've used them a number of times in the past and things have been great, but it's no longer the service it used to be. I can't recommend them based on the results or customer service.

Description of Work
Clear a clogged kitchen sink drain.

Category drain cleaning

Cost $234.23

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

05/05/2022

Benjamin M.

Tech tested water pressure at house and offered a same day instation of a water pressure booster for the entire house basically doubling our water pressure. Offered financing with no interest.

Description of Work
Installed pump to boost water pressure for the house.

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

04/13/2022

Steve S.

Very well I could trust Alex almost instantly very knowledgeable Very patient with our old house

Description of Work
Install pex

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

04/06/2022

Linda T.

Technician was friendly and efficient. No complaints!

Description of Work
New sump pump

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

03/30/2022

Bryan N.

It was great and they were able to solve the problem.

Description of Work
Water Heater Installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/15/2021

03/23/2022

Robert H.

I used to like Hope. But times have changed. Technician determined a portion the basement concrete floor needed to be busted out to access the house drain to the street. He stated there was a backflow issue. A second opinion used a camera to check my drain pipe to the street. No back flow issue. The leaking issue was not after the floor drain access point but before. The fix did not require busting up the floor. Hope never sent an estimate for repair. The Hope tech was only on the job for 3 years. The other company tech 10 plus. Always get a second opinion is considering Hope

Description of Work
Leaking basement floor drain

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

12/20/2021

Tyler R.

Called Hope Plumbing for a leaking sink that the technician (Jarrod) ruled was likely due to hard water buildup. I has assumed this and mentioned we were having an issue with our Softener backing up into the basement. Even though I didn't call them to work on the Softener Jarrod quickly determined a fix for the softener flooding our basement and said a simple Air Gap drain would help prevent it from backing up. He quickly put together a quote that was reasonably priced and within a few hours fixed an issue that had been plaguing us for months. The service was fantastic and I highly recommend joining their membership program for some great benefits!

Description of Work
Faucet Leaking + Air Gap Drain

Category plumbing, water softeners

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

Review for Hope Plumbing - 1919 E 52nd St, Indianapolis, IN - 39577420

10/20/2021

David T.

works as if they put a new one in i like the way he took charge of the situation and got it done.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

06/08/2021

Lindsey P.

Contacted Hope Plumbing on a Monday morning and they were able to provide the estimate and installation the same day. Ryan was friendly and professional. Our water heater was under warranty so he was able to pick up a replacement using the authorization code from the water heater company. GmWe are glad to have hot water again!

Description of Work
water heater replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

05/19/2021

Jay T.

Quentin and his helper came on a Friday in February and got started. They later had to call Citizens to get the water shut off because the lines crossed. They had to return on Monday to finish. Guess what happened on Monday? It snowed! They stayed until 6 PM to get the job finished with several inches on the ground. The water line was replaced at no charge.

Description of Work
sewer main line replacement

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Review for Hope Plumbing - 1919 E 52nd St, Indianapolis, IN - 39337473

04/16/2021

Jabari L.

I was disappointed that the service tech did not have the replacement faucet or garbage disposer with him when he came out. I made it clear in my request for an estimate that at a minimum, these two items need to be repaired/replaced so he should have brought them when he came. Instead, I had to wait for an hour for him to drive to the "warehouse" to pick up the items and come back. I did not see or sign the written estimate before I agreed to the quote, and I do believe I was gouged on the price, but the work needed to be done so I did not press the issue with John. Other than that, John was friendly, professional, and did a great job cleaning up after himself when we completed the work. The employee that contacted me to set up the appointment was also very friendly, prompt, courteous and professional. The lady that called the other day to see how things went was friendly and professional. For these reasons, I am willing to hire Hope Plumbing again for future plumbing need; however, I will scrutinize the invoice and demand to see the written estimate before hand.

Description of Work
Faucet and garbage disposer replacement

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

03/03/2021

Dana Rivers D.

Richard was our service guy. Have me 3 prices on the work. Performed the work great and cleaned up any mess

Description of Work
Pipe replacement

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

02/19/2021

Jose Rodriguez J.

They provided service and options that encompassed the gamut of corrective issues needed. They listened and worked with us without being too pushy on the most expensive option and were able to fix our issue the same day following all CDC safety guidelines due to the current pandemic.

Description of Work
Fixed a Bathroom Faucet leak, and provided advice on how prevent it from happening again.

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

02/05/2021

Joseph F.

They broke marked water lines, took days to complete work. Caused my drains inside to backup and try blaming it on internal plumbing that never had an issue. Ruined carpet, rude disrespectful. Took my money and ran

Description of Work
Sewer repair

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

We sincerely apologize for the negative experience, [Member Name Removed]. When we originally came out, there was sewage that had been backing up in the home for quite some time, resulting in the condition of your carpets. We did offer to get a cleaning company out, as we were willing to do whatever we could to help. However, you were unable to provide us with any pictures of the damage. Initially, we repaired your main sewer line outside. The issue you are having now is due to the infrastructure of the pipes inside the home. We let you know that you would continue to have issues until the inside was permanently repaired. We are always willing to work with our customers, in doing that we need to be as open and honest as possible. If you could, please contact our office at 317-641-4673. Thank you!

02/03/2021

Jeremiah S.

Found water leak and fixed broken instrument.

Description of Work
Water leak

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

01/08/2021

COLIN B.

It went extremely well. The technician was professional and thorough. He spend at least 30 minutes with me reviewing the current configuration to ensure that the replacement water heater would meet our needs. We switched from a tank water heater to a tankless water heater and couldn't be happier. The tech did a great job with the installation and left the area clean and organized.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

We greatly appreciate your feedback, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

12/08/2020

Brian R.

I needed one outdoor frost free silcock replaced. Cost of parts @ $50 and 1 to 1-1/2 hours labor on the top end. They quoted me $770 to do this work. Outrageous price. I paid their $89 trip charge and told them no thanks. I have a plumber coming tomorrow to do the work @ $200 all in.

Description of Work
Outdoor frost free silcock

Category appliance repair, plumbing