HOOSIER HANDYMAN

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 1995

4907 Seville Dr

Indianapolis, IN 46228

Family owned & operated since 1987. Charge by the hour or project estimate. Free estimates. Please contact me directly by phone, text or email. I do NOT participate in any Angies List programs and will not reply through any Angies List contact methods. I look forward to hearing from and working with you....

12/22/2014

FREDERIC H.

He has not repaired the furniture and will not return my phone calls or return the furniture.

Description of Work
He took three pieces of wood furniture to repair them.

Category furniture repair

04/24/2014

Jeffrey B.

It went great. Marc was very knowledgeable and made suggestions based on his experience and expertise that were better than what we initially asked for. Our home was built in 1901 so there were many challenges. Our laundry list of projects was long and grew longer while he was there. He was patient and thorough and although the cost of the job increased, he involved us in the decision making the entire way through so there were no surprises that he did not ask about first for prior authorization. I have used Hoosier Handyman since and will continue to do so as things arise...and they always do with home ownership, especially with an Indianapolis Butler/Tarkington house over 100 years old.

Description of Work
We had a laundry list of handy man projects. Marc Devine came out and gave us a quote which was more than fair. The immediate need was frozen outdoor pipes (this was a t the height of the horrible Polar Vortex we experienced this past winter. .

04/07/2014

Jeffrey B.

Marc is great. Very personable, very reliable. He can see the problem and immediately knows the course of correction, and creates a plan to fix it. When he says says he will be at your home, he will/is, or gives you plenty of heads up. His plan works, and he keeps to his estimate.

Description of Work
simple projects around the home... changing out plumbing, some carpentry work, some small electrical work.

03/26/2013

Kristin M.

This is my third time using Marc (Hoosier Handyman) to work on problems in my home. I bought my home 3 years ago. My home was built in 1984, and I feel like there is always something going wrong with my home. This time there were problems with two of my toilets. The toilet in my guest bathroom was leaking down to the ceiling on the first floor, the toilet in my powder room, downstairs was causing my laminate bamboo flooring to buckle, warp, and mold. The shower door in my master bathroom was not locking and causing water to get on my floor. Marc Verified that the toilet in my guest bathroom was the cause of the leaking on the downstairs ceiling, and he reset the toilet and placed a new wax ring on the toilet. He did the same thing in the powder room. He also took time to find laminate bamboo flooring that matched and put down the new flooring. He was efficient, did a great job, and charged me a reasonable amount for all of the work that needed to be done. He got all of the work done in one day, and didn't leave any of the work unfinished. The flooring looks great, and the toilets have worked properly with no more leaking. Marc texts me pictures of the work as he is doing it, so I know what was done. Having Marc (Hoosier Handyman) to help with all of my home repair needs, makes my life a lot easier!

Description of Work
Marc (Hoosier Handyman) fixed all of my toilets that were not installed properly. He put new wax rings on, and installed them so that they would not leak any more. Fixed the flooring in my powder room, because of the leaking toilet. Fixed my shower door in my master bathroom.

02/06/2013

Marlene D.

The completed work was great; it was just hard to get a hold of Marc to actually get the work done. He isn't quick to return phone calls.

Description of Work
Marc built a ramp for my dog, fixed dings in the paint around my bathroom door frame, fixed a kitchen drawer that wouldn't open,

01/07/2013

CARMEN B.

I was very impressed with him. He came and reviewed the problem and he realized that he really didn't have to do anything. It was just not set up correctly. He fixed the issue and didn't even charge me. He was very prompt and reliable. This is unheard of.

Description of Work
I hired him to fix an issue I was having with my shower door.

Category handyman service,doors

11/07/2012

TRAVIS C.

Marc is awesome and was very flexible to go out and look at my fencing project. It appears that he does a little bit of everything: Handyman work, Remodeling, Plumbing, Painting, Electrical, Roofing, Siding, Windows, Doors, etc. I'll definitely consider using him for any future work.

Description of Work

Category decks,fencing,gutter repair,lighting,remodeling,roofing,siding,house painters

09/27/2012

James W.

He came out when asked to do an estimate, provided the estimate and a time to do the work. Showed up right on time and went over and above to complete the job.

Description of Work
Fixed textured ceiling and cracking around tub/shower. Did an excellent and thorough job and was very pleasant to work with.

Category drywall,handyman service,plastering,interior painters

08/20/2012

J NICHOLAS C.

Marc is great for booking a day and giving him a list of projects that need to be taken care of!

Description of Work
Completed a lengthy list of items that needed attention: leaking sink drain, clogged sink drain, minor drywall repair and painting, installing soap dispensers, and some caulking.

08/20/2012

J NICHOLAS C.

Marc did a great job. We have an old dark basement that needed some additional light. Marc purchased and installed three new light fixtures in the area, wiring them to an existing switch. All around a great job-- not sure why we didn't put more lights down there years ago!

Description of Work
Performed a list of small home repairs and also installed three new light fixtures in our basement.

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting