Garage Doors of Indianapolis

Founded 1979 • With Angi since April 1996

5041 W 96TH St

Indianapolis, IN 46268

www.doorstoday.com

Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No additional service charges. Extra charge for after hours service. See BBB for additional phone numbers. May contact through e-mail. Additional DBAs - Garage and Entry Doors of Indianapolis, Garage Doors of Fishers, Garage Doors of Greenwood, Windows & Doors, Gutter Flo. Additional email - afterhours@doorstoday.com. Award winning. Additional phone numbers - (317) 956-1424, (317) 241-5636, (317) 396-5437, (317) 396-5803, (317) 773-2556, (317) 803-9038, (317) 808-1820, (317) 848-0945, (317) 872-1272, (317) 876-9135, (317) 882-3900, (317) 882-3910 & (317) 898-0909....

garage doors (1230)gutter repair (87)door installation (37)insulation (10)window replacement (9)electrician (7)general contractors (7)siding companies (1)gutter cleaning (1)

05/10/2022

PAUL E.

It went very well from beginning to end. I called Garage Doors of Indianapolis, they listened to my problem and asked when I would like them to work on the door. I told them today if possible. They said a technician will call me to set up a time today. 10 minutes later Bart was calling. Gave me a quote and took my address. Said he would be there in 15 minutes to make the repair! 15 minutes! He arrived on time, looked at the door, gave me a quote, and made the repair. Bart was well mannered, explained what needed to be done and demonstrated the door repair when he was finished. He provided me with an e-invoice, when I paid. All done within an hour and reasonably priced. Great job Garage Doors of Indianapolis!

Description of Work
Replace garage door spring

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

02/15/2022

Greg P.

The service was fine but $250/spring seemed a bit excessive. Needed it done so went ahead with it but will shop around next time

Description of Work
garage door repair

Work Completed On 02/15/2022

12/20/2021

molly L.

they did get the spring fixed.. It ended up costing me $504.00 which is the most i have ever paid. I have used them multiple times. would shop around before having them come out again.

Description of Work
they replaced two springs. only had one broken

Work Completed On 12/18/2021

09/27/2021

MELISSA V.

Pricey! Called GDI for repair of a garage door. They charged $129 for the service call, plus the cost of the service. In my case, they advised I needed a need gear and sprocket for $199. The part is under $20 on Amazon and took the technician about 20 minutes to install. Total charge nearly $300 (after $50 service call coupon on their website)! Next time, I'll do it myself. The service charge alone is ridiculous. I've always used GDI and the technician was fine, but I won't use them again.

Description of Work
Garage Door Repair

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

05/01/2021

BETTY G.

I was very impressed with Garage Doors. From the initial call to set up service to the service technician, everything was courteous, professional and the price was reasonable. I left at 7am for an appointment, could not get back into my garage at 11 and by 2:30 pm the same day the door was fixed. The technician took one look at the door and immediately realized what was needed and was at my home less than one hour. He also checked the overall health of the door and confirmed that it was in good shape and I should be fine going forward. It was a great relief, other providers either wanted an overtime premium charge for coming on a Saturday or they could not be able to come until Monday. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Garage Door not Opening

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

02/01/2021

DIANNE B R.

Very professional and explain what need to be done. In and out.

Description of Work
Repair home and rentals

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

12/14/2020

JAMES M.

Called on a Friday afternoon and got service about 8 pm that evening. Technician was efficient and did a good job.

Description of Work
Spring replacement

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

12/11/2020

Jennifer M.

I was given a 4PM - 8PM window for my service. Justin, the technician called a little after 3 PM to offer an earlier service. He was courteous and extremely efficient. The cost was reasonable. Justin spoke of the 90 day warranty as he closed-out the ticket. That was reassuring for me. I will highly recommend Garage Doors of Indianapolis to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Torsion spring adjustment

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

12/06/2020

BRIAN J.

We had a 25+ year old garage door opener that would only close if you applied continuous pressure to the open/close switch (infrared eyes didn't work). The bottom seal of the garage door was in terrible shape as well. The tech installed a new garage door opener, and replaced the bottom door seal and retainer. The new garage door is whisper quiet (belt drive) and can be open/closed with a phone app. The open/close switch has a motion detector to automatically turn on its light. Open/close switch also displays time and temperature.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener and garage door maintenance

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

Review for Garage Doors of Indianapolis - 5041 W 96TH St, Indianapolis, IN - 39067879

11/23/2020

Edwin H.

The technician showed up on time. He reviewed my options for repairing or replacing the 22-year old motor. Heh didn't have a replacement on the truck but he came back first thing the next morning and installed the new system. He also cleaned up after himself and carted away all of the packaging. The price was exactly as quoted. I've never used anyone but Garage Doors of Indianapolis and I have never been disappointed!

Description of Work
Replacement of Garage Door Opener

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

11/02/2020

Kelly V.

I wasn't sure it was the spring at first (1st time it has happened) and they very quickly identified why it wasn't opening. The spring was replaced very quickly (the whole visit was less than 1 hour). The original estimate of when a technician could come out was late at night (8-10pm) but they were able to come out early/mid afternoon. They communicated that very clearly and it was great. Overall wonderful service with a really great technician.

Description of Work
The spring on my garage door broke and it needed to be repaired

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

10/23/2020

david G.

It went really well. The salesman that came out first to give me an estimate was good. The installer was good, he was quick, cleaned up, and was friendly. He was awesome I would recommend them.

Description of Work
"I had my double door for the garage completed replaced. "

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

03/17/2020

Jennifer C.

When the technician arrived for the tune-up, he said the cables needed to be replaced. He replaced the cables and we assumed that we would be billed for the $59 Tune-Up special + $100 for the cable repair. Instead, they turned this into a Service Call for $129 + $100 repair and gave us $30 off. We are not sure how a tune-up turns into a service call but the company would not remove the additional $40 off of our invoice. So what we expected to be a $59 bill turned into a $206 bill. Garage Doors of Indianapolis is not a fair business to their customers! Find someone else to repair your garage door!!

Description of Work
Garage Door Tune-Up

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

05/21/2019

JEFFREY B.

Excellent! The service technician's name was Matt. He did a great job explaining what he was doing, and provided great advice. Garage doors had Matt here less than 4-hours after I called for service. Great experience!

Description of Work
Tune-Up / Spring Tensioning

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

We are very happy to hear you were provided great customer service! Matt is one of the best! Thank you for your business!!

03/21/2019

Mary E S.

I had used them prior, and the 2 previous times, neither time did they fix the problem. Then they never returned my 3rd call nor did they show up for the appointment the operator told me.

Description of Work
(CTT) Garage Door Opener - Repair or Adjust

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

My apologizes, I just investigated this complaint and I believe it was not our company. We take pride in our customer service and would like to try to help you with your repair. Thank you, Garage Doors of Indianapolis

03/08/2019

Matthew G.

After determining that replacing my garage door would be more effective than repairing my old one, the door was ordered and the installers arrived when promised and went to work. After about an hour, they were done and my door looks great! They cleaned up all the debris and removed my old door and I'm enjoying my new insulated and secure garage door.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replaced

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

We appreciate your compliment! Thank you for your business!

02/17/2019

TIM D.

Garage Doors of Indianapolis — I chose 3 companies through Angie’s List website to contact me because I had a broken opener. Within 4 hours of my request 2 companies contacted me. The 3rd company Garage Doors of Indianapolis has yet to contact me and it’s already been 2 weeks since my original request. I’m glad they are doing so well they can ignore a serious potential customer. Doesn’t much matter now since Affordable Garage Doors of Indianapolis did the job. I would recommend them without a doubt.

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Replacement

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

12/27/2018

Tammy S.

He was efficient, showed us what was wrong, fixed it and showed us the best maintenance practices.

Description of Work
Our garage door broke. He replaced the spring, all the rollers, greased all the parts, tightened the chain on the opener and straightened the track.

12/21/2018

Ed P.

The gentleman that came to give us our quote was very professional, but when we tried to call him back to order the door and have it installed, he never returned our call (gave him a week to respond). We called the main office as well and they said that we had to call that guy and to try him again, that we was probably just busy. We did try to call him again and again there was no reply (we even confirmed with the office that the number we had was indeed correct). The only reason I don't give them an "F" is it forced us to use another service provider that came back with a better deal and that company was very responsive. Very grateful that we didn't use Garage Doors.

Description of Work
need new garage door

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

12/12/2018

Jo D.

Garage door would not open and I had been planning on replacing it because it was old and rusted out. The salesman was able to get the door up so I could get my car out which was greatly appreciated. We worked out the order and scheduled the installation date. The only reason they received a "B" is because it was three weeks before they could get to me for installation. The installation and everything went fine and I am very happy with my new door.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement

Category garage doors,doors

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

11/15/2018

Bob T.

The employee who came was very good. He had great personal skills and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

10/24/2018

Cynthia D.

It went well. they were on time, courteous and knowledgeable

Description of Work
Had old garage door replaced

Work Completed On 10/05/2018