Family Doors LLC

With Angi since January 2019

7615 Landau Ln

Indianapolis, IN 46227

Family Doors is a true family owned and operated business with over 20 years of experience. We stand by our products and workmanship unlike any others. From the smallest of residential jobs to the largest commercial needs we sell and service all makes and models of garage doors and openers....

08/08/2022

WILLIAM W.

Outstanding service; was on time and did a professional job.

Description of Work
Replaced 7' Cables and Bottom Fixtures

06/27/2022

Amy D.

Great! We had two repairs. The first one, Nathan sent an associate. The second one, Nathan came out himself. Both were courteous, professional, and prompt. Pricing was reasonable and billing flexible.

Description of Work
garage door repairs

11/11/2020

Marc F.

Great. He came when I was voting and took care of everything let me know I would need a new garage door soon in the next 2-3 years. That was helpful as I had a painter coming this week to paint the garage door now I can wait and save $100

Description of Work
Garage Door Tune Up

08/27/2020

Brent S.

Everything was great. I got a good deal and prompt, courteous, and professional service. You can't go wrong with Nate and Family Doors. I highly recommend you give them a call.

Description of Work
New garage door and opener

08/25/2020

THOMAS Q.

It went well. Nathan arrived at exactly the time he said he would. He showed us that our doors were lurching because of sticking paint. Instead of fixing them and charging us, he told me to put a thin coat of Vaseline on the edge of each door. Problem fixed for free! He then rewound the cable that had come off and showed me why it had come off so that I wouldn't make the same mistake again. The charge was very reasonable and the service was fast.

Description of Work
Two malfunctioning garage doors and a loose cable.

08/04/2020

Step J.

We have had Nathan at Family doors out twice in the past few months. We are so impressed with his knowledge & service. Excellent, efficient, cost effective service both times. Definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Garage door repairs

Category garage doors, garage builders

07/13/2020

Sarah M.

Nathan of Family Doors LLC was GREAT! He came out when he said he would for an estimate & I got the estimate the same day. We hired him & he was here 1 week later removing the old, 26+ yr old garage door & installing the new one. He had the new door installed in 2 1/2 hrs! He worked alone & did a GREAT job. And we LOVE the door. I would definitely recommend Family Doors LLC & would also hire them again.

Description of Work
Needed a new garage door

07/10/2020

Christopher D.

Very good company, communicated well, quick response and good work. Price was very fair (and I did research) and I would (and will) definitely recommend Family Doors to anyone.

Description of Work
New Garage door and opener

06/27/2020

Mark H.

I contacted Nathan and he promptly came out, provided me a quote and installed my new door within a week. Nathan is very knowledgeable and provided honest straightforward information for me to make my decision. Other 4 companies not only were quoting 3-4 weeks for install bit were all more expensive. What helped me make my decision beyond price was Nathan's patience to answer all my questions and the stellar reviews he has on multiple internet sites. He was on time to install my door and was complete in 2 hours. I would highly recommend Nathan to anyone seeking to purchase a new garage door! Thanks Nathan for a great job!

Description of Work
Install New Garage Door

05/10/2020

Micah T.

Nathan and I exchanged emails for a week about product availability, feature and price. Once settled, he came to my home with mask on and installed the new door and opener at three hours! Amazing quality, great experience and highly recommend Nathan for your home!

Description of Work
Install garage door and opener

04/06/2020

Ryan D.

Great experience nice working with Family Doors. They were incredibly responsive and completed the job within days of initially being contacted.

Description of Work
Replaced Garage Door

03/23/2020

carol P.

It went fine. The installer was excellent. The new system is very quiet and smooth running. The only thing I don’t like at all is that the remote doesn’t work until I’m already in the driveway. My previous system remote would start opening the door when I was three houses away and I didn’t have to wait for the door to open. Other than that the new system is good. I’d use them again.

Description of Work
New garage door springs, remotes, etc

03/04/2020

Robert M.

Garage door service kudos First and foremost, if you are looking for garage door service, repair or just a great guy to chat with, you need not look any further than Nathan Martin of Family Doors LLC. His business is so appropriately named as they do treat you as family. When I spoke with Nathan to describe my garage door maintenance issue that arose from another company ( a Groupon service voucher) I arranged to service my garage door, he was attentive, empathetic, described his tune up services in detail. My experience with this other company was very disappointing, especially when a homeowner expects to have the garage door springs inspected and tightened, if required. This other company wanted an additional $199 to tighten my springs. Yes, you read that correctly!!! Nathan was very understanding and accepted my request to evaluate our garage door functionality, and tighten the springs. Plus he was able to fit me in his schedule the next day. Upon his early arrival, he quickly saw the sub par efforts produced by the other company’s technician. He tighten not only the door springs but also the overhead door opener belt. He was done in 10 minutes! Fast, efficient, detail-oriented, very knowledgeable. When asked whether he took a check or credit card he answered, “no charge…you’ve already paid for a tune up “. I was pleasantly shocked yet I insisted I pay for his services. He said the only thing I ask that you provide and post a review. Nathan has earned my trust and business for as long as I need garage door maintenance, repairs or replacement from here on out!

Description of Work
garage door maintenance required, however focus was really on garage door springs tensiin checked and adjusted along with missed items by another company's technician.

12/11/2019

brandi G.

Nathan did an outstanding job. He was quick and efficient. I wish he would've wrote down the info we needed to program our system to our phones, but otherwise everything went smooth. He was patient with the scheduling process and made arrangements to come out on a Saturday afternoon which was helpful. I wont call anyone else to come out and work on our garage door. He is the best..

Description of Work
Garage opener installation

10/17/2019

LOREE & PAT M.

Absolutely fantastic service! He answered at 7:30 and was at our house at 8:30 and work was completed by 9:00 a.m. Pricing was more than fair and I will definitely use again when I replace the 3rd car garage door this summer. Awesome company!

Description of Work
Replaced spring on 2 car garage door

10/09/2019

Chris C.

Very easy to work with. Responded quickly and came out same day. I was at work during repair. They just took care of everything. Called me once done and I paid over the phone. Experience couldn’t have been better.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of door not opening. (Old automatic garage door). Ended up being a broken spring bracket.

10/01/2019

Jeff S.

Very good! Nathan was great with explaining exactly what needed to be done. Quality of work was excellent. Very friendly and was flexible with his schedule. Will def refer him out to others for their garage door needs. Thanks Nathan!

Description of Work
Replaced my mother's garage door

10/01/2019

WILLIAM W.

Great; work was done in a timely manner and they came on the time that was said. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs their garage door repaired or serviced.

Description of Work
Removed and Replace Both Torsion Springs

07/31/2019

Tamba S.

I was really happy with the work Family garage did at my house. We had a mix up with the address but they still got here on time. They were professional and worked really quick. Nathan was easy to work with and answered all my questions. I’ll be hiring them again for all my garage door need. Fair price, good work, good people. Thanks

Description of Work
Broken Garage Spring

07/09/2019

John S.

He was on time and professional. Work completed in a timely manner and price was very close to quote.

Description of Work
Replaced weatherstripping on garage door and greased and lubricated garage door.

05/06/2019

Dave L.

Nathan took out everything from the old broken door and replaced it with a better quality new door. Very quick install and the door looks and works great! I have worked with Nathan before and it has always been a pleasure working with him.

Description of Work
New garage door installed.

04/26/2019

Dan T.

Called Nathan, instantly picked up and scheduled to come out. Price was around the same as everyone (actually lowest), and the responsiveness was excellent - the doors look great! Call Nathan, the guy exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
replace 2 garage doors

03/20/2019

MARY A.

Nathan responded promptly, and was able to replace it quickly. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener

03/16/2019

Todd P.

Nathan was very professional and had great communication. We'll continue to use him in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the springs on our garage door.

02/14/2019

Scott R.

Went great. Nathan was on time, professional, helpful and explained things clearly. The door had a broken spring and there were a couple of options to get it fixed. He explained both options, gave me prices for both and helped me decide. When he arrived, he got right to work and finished up much quicker than expected.

Description of Work
Garage door spring broke and battery backup replacement

Garage Door Doctor LLC

*2020 Angie's List Super Service Award Recipients* Whether it's time to replace your garage door or you need to get your garage door tune up or replace your garage door springs, you need a company you can trust in the greater Indianapolis area. At Garage Door Doctor, we are proud to be your go to garage door company. We are local family owned & operated and we strive to go above and beyond in everything we do. We offer same-day appointments, as well as 24 hr emergency service at no additional charge. No matter the make or model of your garage door or garage door operator, you can rest assured that our certified technicians have you covered. We also sell the high-quality garage doors and garage door operators. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!

DR Contractors

DR Contractors has been operating for 17 years. We are a full service company with skilled workers from, roofing, siding, gutter installation, home remodels/additions, deck, and plenty more. We work with insurance companies to get your insurance claim completed smoothly. We offer satisfaction and warranties on all of our work. For a free estimate give us a call or send us a email and we will get back with you to get a time set up. For any offers purchased through Angie's List, please include a phone number for fastest service.

M&J Exteriors LLC

M&J Exteriors is a family owned and locally operated roofing contractor specializing in roof replacement, roof repair, and insurance claims services. We are also experts in 6'' Seemless Gutters and leaf guards. ​We pride ourselves in always doing business with three principles: integrity to do what we say we'd do, respect for your time, and communication to answer all your questions quickly and thoroughly. We treasure our customers and look forward to building long term relationships. ​We offer free, no obligation estimates.